Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 10:29:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How are escrow disputes handled on Bitmit?  (Read 1122 times)
mr_random (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 10:36:59 PM

Say a bidder successfully buys a radio and the seller is genuine and sends it out to the buyer. What is to stop the scam buyer from saying he never received it? The seller can't prove he sent it, even if shows signed for receipts the buyer can just say the boxes were empty.

What does Bitmit do in these situations?
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 10:38:31 PM

I hope nothing.  People need to learn to take care of their own problems Tongue

EtherDais

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 07:05:12 AM

Say a bidder successfully buys a radio and the seller is genuine and sends it out to the buyer. What is to stop the scam buyer from saying he never received it? The seller can't prove he sent it, even if shows signed for receipts the buyer can just say the boxes were empty.

What does Bitmit do in these situations?

I'm wondering that myself.  As they are in possession of the BTC involved in the transaction, you'd think that they will have to police that at some level.  I assume they don't just send the BTC back to the buyer without trying to get a response from the seller, but perhaps someone from bitmit can fill us in? 
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2013, 12:55:01 AM

Last month we changed the policy to an escrow force for new sellers. (In fact almost all offers on Bitmit are with escrow now). That works very very well. Before that date we had a few issues with scammers who sold without escrow & naive buyers.

Successful fraudulent transactions with escrow are almost against zero.

There is no single order on which the funds of a escrow transaction have not been released to the seller or buyer. There are only 2 cases we really needed to arbitrate to come to a solution. We can conclude that scammers are only a very tiny problem on Bitmit.

tl;dr Don't worry!

Or PM https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=35736 (the owner) this thread.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: