Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:55:06 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The future of bitcoin...  (Read 2857 times)
WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 12:13:07 AM

... Does not exist.

Looking through the recent pump scam. Please all remember that the price does not matter, the systems fundamentals do. Anything else is just hype.
Let's consider for a moment that the network is slowly stagnating as blocks reach their maximum size. Bitcoin still does not scale.

We have been promised 'everything will be fixed in time', this 'time' has long passed.

The community has been taken over by scammers, many developers have ran away to more promising projects, development in general has halted, mining has become centralized by the Chinese.

IF we want bitcoin to survive in one form or the other, we have to work together and address all its problems.

I want to propose a fork to address all the big issues in bitcoin, mainly scaleability, anonymity, speed and security.

Please send me a PM if you are a skilled experienced programmer or cryptography expert, also we will need people to promote the new fork but let's work on the actual fork first.

Let's show everyone how bitcoin was supposed to be right from the start.
I think somebody needs to put down the crazy doomsaying pills and look at everything. Some of the world's greatest developers are working on a fix for the block size. This can be expected in 6 months I feel like as they just had a conference on it. It's not a pump scam, the supply is going down by 50% and people are buying speculating on the change it will have.
btctube

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 12:22:37 AM

if you want us to work together and address all the btc problems, you would have to manipulate btc price to get us involve though. just look at its value today.
i don't think you can convince to join for now, maybe after halving.
fallinglantern

Activity: 260
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 12:39:57 AM

You....will be our leader?  Grin

With friends like kwukduck, who needs enemies?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 06:34:54 AM

I want to propose a fork to address all the big issues in bitcoin, mainly scaleability, anonymity, speed and security.

So the ultimate question begs to be asked, does the halving finally get canceled or what?

why it should? the halving currently it's the only reason why the price is increasing

Without the cancellation of halving, the fork proposed would be incomplete. As you say, the price keeps increasing for the singular reason of the coming halving, but the OP says that the price (its rise) is nothing more than just sheer hype, so the removal of halving seems to be the right (if not the best) thing to get done in the fork, right?

In short, you can't eat your cake and have it (though you can still try to eat it twice, lol)

assuming that the op is right, and he isn't, saying that it is only about hype it's half correct, without it the hype would not be there and the price would not skyrocket so much, also there would be even more dumping because miners do not care and they still would have 50 btc block

If you assume that the OP is right, you can't at the same time assume that he is only half correct, lol. Your logic is incomprehensible as well as your language

your lack of understanding or possible trolling is concerning me some times, saying that he is not right have more than 1 meaning, in this case he is not fully right but only partially....

the price is increase because of the hype around the halving for now and subsequently because of the less reward that will be present in few weeks, so not only because of pure hype like many think

also i suspect that this increase has to d0 with other big things, like yuan getting worthless and chinese moving their funds to bitcoin and brexit...
JeanMcCoy

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 07:14:05 AM

It is really hard to predict the future of Bitcoin and that is because you have to know that Bitcoin is a currency so you almost never know what will happen in the future.
But the best thing that you can do now with Bitcoin itself is that you have to hold it for a moment and wait for the right moment to sell it.
CoinsRoyal

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 07:20:19 AM

The future will be verry nice for the bitcoin because there will always be people who are investing in bitcoins and i dont think they would stop doing that.
NordicRanger

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 07:20:21 AM

The bitcoin would be verry popular in the future for sure if you see right now there are so many people interested in the bitcoin so the future must be bright for this cryptocurrencie.
DashCoinDark

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 07:56:41 AM

The future will be veery nice to the bitcoin because in the future there will be many more peopel are using the coins for sure.
Nameless Coin

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 08:20:44 AM

The future of the bitcoin what will it bring i think that the future will bring good things for the bitcoin and i think that the price will be that high that no body is interested to buy and only investments are popular.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2016, 09:04:07 AM

your lack of understanding or possible trolling is concerning me some times, saying that he is not right have more than 1 meaning, in this case he is not fully right but only partially....

But you assumed that he was right, not that he was wrong (or right only in part to a limited extent)

the price is increase because of the hype around the halving for now and subsequently because of the less reward that will be present in few weeks, so not only because of pure hype like many think

That's why I'm asking if the OP is going to cancel halving, since it is the first thing that should be done, assuming he is right, i.e. that much of the price increase (say over 90%) is due to sheer hype and heavy brainwashing linked to halving...

Isn't this the same what you were assuming too?

terman45x

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 09:12:10 AM

The future of the bitcoin what will it bring i think that the future will bring good things for the bitcoin and i think that the price will be that high that no body is interested to buy and only investments are popular.

Even if price goes higher people will prefer to buy as they know it can go much higher in future too, so I don't think we need to worry about the future of bitcoin, its pretty good.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 08:13:30 AM

But you assumed that he was right, not that he was wrong (or right only in part to a limited extent)

That's why I'm asking if the OP is going to cancel halving, since it is the first thing that should be done, assuming he is right, i.e. that much of the price increase (say over 90%) is due to sheer hype and heavy brainwashing linked to halving...

i think the op is just talking from his ass, he don't know if he is right or not, and hopefully he can not cancel any halving, or we would be screwed

also i believe the current price increase it's due probably to 50% halving, another 30% chinese moving from yuan, and 20% brexit, then the 50% will reduce to 40% and you have that 10% because of the halved block reward as you speculated
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 08:28:07 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2016, 10:17:13 AM by deisik

i think the op is just talking from his ass, he don't know if he is right or not, and hopefully he can not cancel any halving, or we would be screwed

also i believe the current price increase it's due probably to 50% halving, another 30% chinese moving from yuan, and 20% brexit, then the 50% will reduce to 40% and you have that 10% because of the halved block reward as you speculated

You are playing with percentages a bit too loosely. You just can't take one percentage, subtract it from another and then claim the difference to represent a ratio. Just for your educational purposes, if you subtract two percentages, as a result you get percentage points, not percents...

As I once told you, you shouldn't have skipped classes in school, since the lack of basic education severely betrays you

nururochac

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 09:49:35 AM

The bitcoin would be verry popular in the future for sure if you see right now there are so many people interested in the bitcoin so the future must be bright for this cryptocurrencie.

The future will be veery nice to the bitcoin because in the future there will be many more peopel are using the coins for sure.

As technology keeps on developing, I can say that its true that in the future bitcoin will be spread and be use internationally by different countries and I hope this soon will not take so long.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 10:52:18 AM

You are playing with percentages a bit too loosely. You just can't take one percentage, subtract it from another and then claim the difference to represent a ratio. Just for your educational purposes, if you subtract two percentages, as a result you get percentage points, not percents...

As I once told you, you shouldn't have skipped classes in school, since the lack of basic education severely betrays you

don't lose yourself too much into semantic, it's worth shit, not worth debating and not worth my time with that

what i said it's just to give you an idea, no need to be the "finicky guy"....that's what i call useless precision...
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 11:11:46 AM

As technology keeps on developing, I can say that its true that in the future bitcoin will be spread and be use internationally by different countries and I hope this soon will not take so long.

future belongs to the new technologies and bitcoin is one of the most promising one of them, and in the near future we will definitely see bitcoin grow so much bigger and become accepted all over the world and  even by those who haven't even heard about bitcoin yet.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 11:21:57 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2016, 11:31:58 AM by deisik

don't lose yourself too much into semantic, it's worth shit, not worth debating and not worth my time with that

what i said it's just to give you an idea, no need to be the "finicky guy"....that's what i call useless precision...

Then don't get surprised if you are being constantly misunderstood due to your indiscriminate use and promiscuous confusion of diverse notions, concepts and ideas, i.e. the opposite of what you call "useless precision"...

Though, as I said, it is no more than a lack of basic education and thought discipline

barbs

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 11:31:00 AM

I have been consistently wrong and missed out of tons of profits over time.. however, one pattern i've noticed are these incredible pumps before big auctions.

I would not be surprised if this pump is orchestrated by vested interests in BTC to make sure auction bidderds buy the 25,000 BTC as high as possible so they can't manipulate the price as well as the current whales can. 

I would not be surprised if the price tanks around june 20 / June 21.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 11:50:01 AM

Then don't get surprised if you are being constantly misunderstood due to your indiscriminate use and promiscuous confusion of diverse notions, concepts and ideas, i.e. the opposite of what you call "useless precision"...

Though, as I said, it is no more than a lack of basic education and thought discipline

it's not a lack of basic education, it's just a way to teach thing faster like you do with your code in programmer area

you will optimize it by removing the useless things to make it faster, i do it in the same way with our language, certain things do not need to be explained with an eli5, they can be understood easily it depend on the context
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 12:04:35 PM

it's not a lack of basic education, it's just a way to teach thing faster like you do with your code in programmer area

So you are a teacher, wtf?

There is a saying in English (and I guess in many other languages too) about those who can that do, and those who can't that teach

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: