Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:51:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IBM takes a leap to 7nm  (Read 3096 times)
Mr. Kashif (OP)

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 08:46:12 AM

BTW - the 8086 didn't have enough memory space to even THINK about trying to process Bitcoin - not sure if the 80*3*86 did for that matter.

Pentium - perhaps, SHA256 isn't that much harder to process than RC5 depending on the RC5 keylength - but it would be incredably SLOW doing so.
 If I had to use something out of that generation I'd go with the AMD K5 over the Pentium.

First of all I can assure you one can (easily? may be) rewrite Bitcoin code in a way that can be compiled to be run under 8086, any Turing complete machine is capable of doing this job.
Secondly, SLOW is good, SLOW is great, SLOW is what we need in Bitcoin. Bitcoin sets difficulty higher and higher to slow down things.

Think! Making faster and faster machines to mine is an attack against bitcoin in its essence. Bitcoin 'defends' against this attack by increasing difficulty, good defense but why one should be happy and excited with advancements in ASIC? ASIC historically is a counter-cryptography attack. Think about it!

One word dude             GREED      Roll Eyes
one of the seven deadly sins   Undecided

Lol! Indeed it is greed.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: