Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:33:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I think we need to look back at history...  (Read 2817 times)
Anth0n

Activity: 144
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 06:50:15 PM

Volatility drives people crazy and causes panic when the price drops. When Bitcoin sentiment is negative, you know you will get a cheap price when you buy. So I think now is the time to buy, and I would certainly buy some now if I had the extra cash to risk.

Just don't take this post as investment advice, I'm just saying the decision I would be making.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 07:30:56 PM

if you look through blockexplorer, you'll see that the 17,000 BTC transaction which precipitated this correction was made up of very old (2009 & 2010), mined blocks, with no internal transactions.  i'm reasonably sure this was a very early adopter.

How can you tell through blockexplorer what coins were involved in an MtGox transaction?  I'm sincerely asking.  I guess I assumed that internally to MtGox you weren't necessarily selling the coins you sent in.

go here:

http://blockexplorer.com/address/155kHCZstYaosoGRxthF1zsZFVFheVFPLS

then click on the blocks, one at a time.

nice detective work Jaime.  so an early adopter miner was responsible for the selloff starting at 20 and taking it down to 13?  the doom and gloomers got their wish.

it wasn't my work.  i only noticed it.

"i stand on  the shoulders of giants..." ~Bernard of Chartres

no, i've spent the last 2 mo trying to better analyze the block chain.  you can tell by the time it was him who sold btwn 13 and 20; just one guy.  thats important info to know.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 07:32:25 PM

what i'm asking for is a site that i can regularly check this graph update.

sorry, I just did it manually. Not automated and I'm not a coder so not that easy for me to automate it. (yet anyway)

kirian, thats a great graph.  u should put that up somewhere.  i've been begging the chart makers to publish daily % changes but no one is currently.
niemivh

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 11:53:27 PM

I bought more near the peak that I've have liked (I'll blame that on severe Dwolla delays) but the worst thing I could do now is to sell.

I'll keep my politics out of your economics if you keep your economics out of my politics.

16LdMA6pCgq9ULrstHmiwwwbGe1BJQyDqr
gigitrix

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 12:20:42 AM

I bought more near the peak that I've have liked (I'll blame that on severe Dwolla delays) but the worst thing I could do now is to sell.

Think in terms of months, not days. Your money is most likely fine. We "double" all the time, it would be ludicrous if that didn't work the other way and "halve" occasionally as people cash out en masse. Speculators spreading obvious FUD were just after your money guys.
artemchernov503

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 07:16:27 AM

At once I will say that the demand for bitcoins is not really that big. That is, from the total number of people on Earth, only a very small percentage buys, stores and resells these bitcoins.
pletnevihor

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 06:46:34 AM

These people originally laid in bitcoin an analogy with gold. It was 2008-2009 - the height of the global financial crisis. The general public and financiers were disappointed in the structure of the modern financial system.
Marrying_Couch

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 06:50:38 AM

You do not have to be afraid, because from history, bitcoin market is like that, but it does not last long. We can see from the past that every year period there will be a decrease or increase in price, it is very reasonable in bitcoin. Stay calm and control.
Geemy

Activity: 350
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 06:58:01 AM

Yes, we must look at history to know what to do at that time. The past teaches us what to do now and in the future, and from my point of view in history's view, we need to keep our content now.
Blackrain13

Activity: 328
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 06:58:54 AM

Correct me if I am wrong; however, in the past we have had huge declines such as these and only a few time cycles later the price went to new heights. I see very little to fear.

That is the result of volatility. From the beginning of tis year 2018 until now there are several times of bitcoin price drops but t is still moving ups and down. Even we take a look at the past,bitcoin already faced a lot of ups and down repeatedly and that is normal. Always believe that from down it will go up...

██  ▀■  KittieFIGHT.io  ■▀  ██
▄    Real time dapp game    ▄
EmJay

Activity: 563
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 08:53:37 AM

Correct me if I am wrong; however, in the past we have had huge declines such as these and only a few time cycles later the price went to new heights. I see very little to fear.

Yes I agree with you. If we will look back in the previous prices of bitcoin, the dip of bitcoin price now is just normal. After the dip , it usually rise back and double its value. So for me I don't worry to much because I know it will back to normal sooner. Maybe those who bought their bitcoin in higher price are so much in worry now but jusy keep holding and it will be paid off in the end.
Dmitry.Vastov

Activity: 840
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 05:45:15 PM

Bitcoin is an investment and the fluctuation of valuation is very common rule of every investment. So if you are talking about the history then you must also know that BTC in the past decade is not that much popular and this is the reason that the valuation of BTC is not that much high that time because very few people knew BTC but now millions of investors are investing into BTC and thus the valuation is high, so buddy don't fear and enjoy bitcoining.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: