Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 11:55:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: RECOVER YOUR RAR FILES PASSWORD.  (Read 4083 times)
pixel375

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 11:47:48 PM

The way I see this method is by removing the password code from the RAR file, which then obviously shows you an error message when you open the RAR file, and then he probably uses a file recovery software to scan for lost or broken files. Any thoughts? Cheesy
Negative. The files get encrypted using AES or other algorithm, depending on the software.

So no. One does not simply hex-edit the rar file.
And no, one does not simply bruteforce a 30 character password with alphanumerical characters and symbols. That would take years.
pixel375

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 11:51:31 PM

There is no point calling a service names till proven otherwise. I can't just download any file just because the owner provides virus total scan. All files must pass through gmail because I feel more secure with it.

Gmail does not allow compressed files. Especially if they're encrypted. Neither do most other big email providers.
extrabyte
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 11:56:40 PM

There is no point calling a service names till proven otherwise. I can't just download any file just because the owner provides virus total scan. All files must pass through gmail because I feel more secure with it.

Gmail does not allow compressed files. Especially if they're encrypted. Neither do most other big email providers.

When I tried to send him my rar file the gmail service does not allow it, i got this message: "Blocked for security reasons!" and from their websites https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6590?hl=en I found that archives that are password protected aren't allowed to attach on gmail messages.
znickelbackz

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 09:54:29 AM

how can i use this service if my rar files content so important information for a stranger to see it? i send you the files and you are the first one to know the passwords and can grab everything inside.
sabbirshm

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 10:11:49 AM

Are you using  a software?  I searched on Google for breaking rar file password.  and I found a software which automatically search password but it take long time. and one more question how long will it take to recover a password? Does it depends on files size?
pcoin (OP)

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 11:27:38 AM

how can i use this service if my rar files content so important information for a stranger to see it? i send you the files and you are the first one to know the passwords and can grab everything inside.
This is simple because i dont need to open your file to check however i must confirmed that the password works but if the file is too confidential you might not bother to use my service.

Are you using  a software?  I searched on Google for breaking rar file password.  and I found a software which automatically search password but it take long time. and one more question how long will it take to recover a password? Does it depends on files size?
I make use of powerful algorithm methods, yes the bigger the file size the longer it takes not the difficulty of the file.
pixel375

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 04:18:19 PM

pcoin, you have to think about a method to receive files... Gmail won't allow you.
abhishek.g

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 04:53:04 PM

Well if you have got some social site recognition then I would like to stay in touch with you . You can share your ID with me or you can inbox me as well .
pcoin (OP)

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 12:32:29 PM

I am actually not in a hurry to make a sale.
Bump for update.
pandalion98

Activity: 504

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 01:20:39 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2016, 02:01:33 PM by pandalion98

Prove yourself. EDIT: PM me your email and I'll send you my test files.

https://mega.nz/#!NMNSmTpK!2g45P5M4u1zxfdvCWrnMD0nyYarlOjHbc1mHIP6CePU

This RAR file contains a PGP-signed message in a text file, so your PC won't get "full of virus, malware etc. (sic)"  I did NOT encrypt the file name because of this exact reason.

The way I see this method is by removing the password code from the RAR file, which then obviously shows you an error message when you open the RAR file, and then he probably uses a file recovery software to scan for lost or broken files. Any thoughts? Cheesy
Uhm, that's not really how encryption works...

Well by the looks of it he isnt cracking the password... He is extracting the files ... How else would he get into a 20-30 character password encrypted file in just a day??
Extracting files might makes my computer to be full of virus, malware etc.
Just to correct your impressions.

I'll be revealing the password when
1. You give up.

Any and all communications between us (PM or any other means, if any) will be made public with screenshots, so you can't beg me for the password.

Have fun Cheesy

p.s. I have some RAR files with pictures of my cat. I forgot the password. I will be using your service if and only if you complete this. Else, this is just another pitiful scam.
merelcoin

Activity: 675
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 01:46:44 PM

Prove yourself.

This RAR file contains a PGP-signed message in a text file, so your PC won't get "full of virus, malware etc. (sic)"  I did NOT encrypt the file name because of this exact reason.

My uploaded rarfile also only contains a single textfile to, but the OP doesn't seem to trust anybody...
It's up to him whether or not he wants to prove himself, but i think his workflow is flawed. Even if somebody decided to use his service without any vouches, he still had to accept the encrypted rar some way in order to receive payment, and it's pretty obvious the only way he deems to be safe isn't working.
pandalion98

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 01:58:32 PM

Prove yourself.

My uploaded rarfile also only contains a single textfile to, but the OP doesn't seem to trust anybody...
It's up to him whether or not he wants to prove himself, but i think his workflow is flawed. Even if somebody decided to use his service without any vouches, he still had to accept the encrypted rar some way in order to receive payment, and it's pretty obvious the only way he deems to be safe isn't working.

I know what's up with your file.
The filename is encrypted and it's suspiciously large for a single text file.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ha4tab

You can PM me your email and I'll send you my test files.
merelcoin

Activity: 675
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 02:01:57 PM

I know what's up with your file.
The filename is encrypted and it's suspiciously large for a single text file.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ha4tab

You can PM me your email and I'll send you my test files.

you're correct, my filenames are encrypted (that's the way i always encrypt my rarfiles, i think the OP should be able to handle this if he wants a vouch for his service), but the sendspace link you have there isn't mine.
Mine was: http://www.filedropper.com/enctext but it seems to be offline now, i suppose filedropper doesn't keep files that haven't been downloaded after a couple of days. My filesize is 244 bytes.

There's no need to send me your rarfiles, since i'm not the one asking for a vouch Wink
znickelbackz

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 02:33:12 PM

This is simple because i dont need to open your file to check however i must confirmed that the password works but if the file is too confidential you might not bother to use my service.

you say it's simple and act like the problem is easily solved, but it's not. you don't need to open the files but how do i know and trust you about that? but if you feel ok with the fact that people do have missing passwords rar files but don't bother to use your service, then good for you.
smho_16

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 07:40:40 PM

If you want to recover your RAR files password there's no need to pay anyone to do this job, just download over Torrent, the Elcomsoft RAR password recovery , personally have not tried it yet, but have tried their Office recovery version and it has worked good, the problem is it takes a lot of time to find your password, you must leave your PC open for days but in the end you will get your password to your files.
pixel375

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 05:12:10 AM

If you want to recover your RAR files password there's no need to pay anyone to do this job, just download over Torrent, the Elcomsoft RAR password recovery , personally have not tried it yet, but have tried their Office recovery version and it has worked good, the problem is it takes a lot of time to find your password, you must leave your PC open for days but in the end you will get your password to your files.

Not really... To brute force a Rar password of the length of 8 mixalpha-numeric characters, at the speed of 48 key/s, it would take up to 146507 years 131 days 8 hours 53 minutes and 14 seconds. As it is 221919451578090 password combinations.
And that is only if the password doesn't have special characters in it.
XD
pixel375

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 05:14:01 AM

Not really... To brute force a Rar password of the length of 8 mixalpha-numeric characters, at the speed of 48 key/s, it would take up to 146507 years 131 days 8 hours 53 minutes and 14 seconds. As it is 221919451578090 password combinations.
XD

And even IF you have a huge high end server with extreme hashing power and could get it up to 168806 key/second, you would still need over 41 years.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 04:17:09 PM

Do you have still vouch or trial for your service just test it if you are saying the truth. because i am looking for a service before the same as yours.. but honestly they are old failed.. if you can give me a trial for one rar file lock.. i will give you a costumers and also i want to try your service because i have a file here above 1mb and i want to open it..
smho_16

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 07:35:58 PM

XD

And even IF you have a huge high end server with extreme hashing power and could get it up to 168806 key/second, you would still need over 41 years.

Wow didn't know this, I tried at my workplace to recover a lost password of a word document and I started the Elcomsoft program on 16.45 PM when I leave work and the next day in the morning it had already found it, but it was an easy password of only 4 normal letters characters.

So basically what you are saying for example it is impossible to brute force a rar password with more than 12 characters which has Upper case, lower case and symbols , thats good as I keep my blockchain memnonic in such a protected document. I feel like very strong now.
pandalion98

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2016, 04:11:04 AM

Do you have still vouch or trial for your service just test it if you are saying the truth. because i am looking for a service before the same as yours.. but honestly they are old failed.. if you can give me a trial for one rar file lock.. i will give you a costumers and also i want to try your service because i have a file here above 1mb and i want to open it..
I think OP gave up and abandoned this thread.

In my opinion, he's just trying to scam. I'm not accusing anyone right now. I'm just thinking.
I'm not saying he's officially a scammer. His service might be legit, but they way he's acting right now makes me think otherwise.

Send files via Gmail because he thinks it's safer that way? Pfft.

*mic drop*
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: