Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:54:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: RECOVER YOUR RAR FILES PASSWORD.  (Read 4083 times)
pcoin (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 08:06:45 AM

Hello community,
I am offering my professional services
I will help you to recover the password of any rar file and send you the password.
You need to send me the file and i will send you the password ASAP.
My charges is based on the size of the file.
I offer vouch copies to 3 sr. member upward with a file that is less than 1 mb
Price for 1 mb is 0.008btc while other sizes are subjected to negotiations.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
extrabyte
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 08:11:30 AM

Hello community,
I will help you to recover the password of any rar file and send you the password.

If 2 rar files have the same password but have different size, does it need more time for you to find the password? Are you limited to the password character or it can be any length? I would like to take a vouch copy to see if you really can find the password.
pcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 08:20:52 AM

Hello community,

If 2 rar files have the same password but have different size, does it need more time for you to find the password? Are you limited to the password character or it can be any length? I would like to take a vouch copy to see if you really can find the password.
I am not limited to the password character, if 2 file have similar password it is advisable to send the smaller file and get the password.
PM me to get the email to send the file for vouch copy, please remember that vouch copy file size should not be more than 1 mb.
drwtsn32

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 08:26:44 AM

I think extrabyte's point is: is the difficulty of you figuring out the password depends on the size of the file?
pcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 08:27:56 AM

I think extrabyte's point is: is the difficulty of you figuring out the password depends on the size of the file?
Yes, it will take more complex approach.
creativeeditors

Activity: 980
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 11:05:00 AM

I am not sure for these services, I'll look at the reviews beforehand, one day I will use your services
MagicIsMe

Activity: 294

Negative trust resolution: index.php?topic=1439270

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 11:52:55 AM

Hello community,
Up to how many characters can you bruteforce? That is what you do right?

extrabyte
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 12:08:59 PM

Hello community,

I am not limited to the password character, if 2 file have similar password it is advisable to send the smaller file and get the password.
PM me to get the email to send the file for vouch copy, please remember that vouch copy file size should not be more than 1 mb.

Alright i will make a rar file on my own and set a password for it and see if you can find that password or not. I'm surprised about the unlimited password character. I will send you a PM now to send you this file. I will write a review about it after getting the results.
pcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 01:35:32 PM

While waiting for extrabyte i have to say here that this is a service purely meant for you to recover your rar password and it should be for any product that you are legally own.
More so, there is no limit to the character of password to be recovered provided your rar file has the password on it.
pcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 08:04:49 PM

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin BUMP  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
extrabyte
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 09:12:18 PM

While waiting for extrabyte i have to say here that this is a service purely meant for you to recover your rar password and it should be for any product that you are legally own.
More so, there is no limit to the character of password to be recovered provided your rar file has the password on it.

I have just sent you a direct link to download the file that i just made (a rar file with a long password it has 20-30 characters, the rar file size is 388 KB) How long should i wait until i get the password, (please send me the password through PM, don't make it public Smiley) You can't see what is inside the rar file if you enter wrong password. Excited to see the results.

guys there are many winrar pass crackers out there and rar files are known to have vulnerable passes.

If you know any that is clean and does not have malware then try to get the password of the file that i just sent you in PM.
killerjoegreece
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1007

Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2016, 09:14:04 PM

guys there are many winrar pass crackers out there and rar files are known to have vulnerable passes.
pcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 07:33:08 AM

I have just sent you a direct link to download the file that i just made (a rar file with a long password it has 20-30 characters, the rar file size is 388 KB) How long should i wait until i get the password, (please send me the password through PM, don't make it public Smiley) You can't see what is inside the rar file if you enter wrong password. Excited to see the results.

If you know any that is clean and does not have malware then try to get the password of the file that i just sent you in PM.
I have replied you extrabyte.
merelcoin

Activity: 675
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 07:36:40 AM

If you want to, i can create a textfile with a random string, rar it using a strong password and publicly upload it... That way you can prove whether or not you can crack it, and use it as a second vouch.
pcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 08:19:23 AM

If you want to, i can create a textfile with a random string, rar it using a strong password and publicly upload it... That way you can prove whether or not you can crack it, and use it as a second vouch.
Due to virus and malware, i prefer you send the file to my gmail account.
merelcoin

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 08:32:38 AM

Sure, PM me your gmail account, i'll create a simple textfile, rar it with a strong password, send it to your gmail and see if you can send me back the text that i put in the rarred textfile. If you can, i'll give you a vouch Smiley
pcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 09:31:38 AM

Sure, PM me your gmail account, i'll create a simple textfile, rar it with a strong password, send it to your gmail and see if you can send me back the text that i put in the rarred textfile. If you can, i'll give you a vouch Smiley
Great, pm sent.
Make the password to be very strong  Grin
merelcoin

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 09:49:21 AM

Great, pm sent.
Make the password to be very strong  Grin

It's the strongest password i could have imagined... The clock starts at 11:48 and stops when you post the text that's in the encrypted, rarred .txt file Smiley
Good luck!
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 01:35:04 PM

Short password is maybe possible (I don't know up to3 letters?) to brute-force... but longer one?
I don't think so because rar uses AES-128 encryption, brute-force and dictionary attacks are useless as they would take years.
This must be something else. I want to see results of cracking the vouch files first.
pixel375

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 09:50:49 PM

The way I see this method is by removing the password code from the RAR file, which then obviously shows you an error message when you open the RAR file, and then he probably uses a file recovery software to scan for lost or broken files. Any thoughts? Cheesy
BTC2Social

Activity: 20

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 10:21:29 PM

The way I see this method is by removing the password code from the RAR file, which then obviously shows you an error message when you open the RAR file, and then he probably uses a file recovery software to scan for lost or broken files. Any thoughts? Cheesy
Uhm, that's not really how encryption works...
pixel375

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 10:35:30 PM

Well by the looks of it he isnt cracking the password... He is extracting the files ... How else would he get into a 20-30 character password encrypted file in just a day??
pcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 10:58:39 PM

Well by the looks of it he isnt cracking the password... He is extracting the files ... How else would he get into a 20-30 character password encrypted file in just a day??
Extracting files might makes my computer to be full of virus, malware etc.
Just to correct your impressions.
pixel375

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 12:04:16 AM

We haven't heard from extrabyte for a while...
pcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 06:03:06 AM

I am waiting for him also  Cool Cool
extrabyte
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 08:09:47 AM

I'm not online all the day on the forum, the file that i have sent to the OP is clean, will post a virustotal scan now, it contains only a pic and a txt file which OP should tell me what's inside it (to view it he should put the correct password)

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/8b5adee43bb96c4624b612d91c4f685d5a3be63002183be583e78eba9a131e09/analysis/

If 48 Antiviruses shows that it is a clean file then i don't know how your antivirus detects it a malware?!

If you don't trust me then don't open it.

Here is the file that i sent to the OP, anybody can download and check for viruses: sendspace.com/file/ha4tab

OP please confirm that i sent you this file, that's all. Finding the password or not is your decision, I'm done.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16633

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2016, 08:26:48 AM

If it's possible to recover files this way, that means they aren't really encrypted. Which means you shouldn't rely on RAR for your encryption.
I always use GPG to encrypt files, and as far as I know it's not possible to decrypt without brute-forcing the password.

nicojaewpunk

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 11:38:26 AM

So this service still unvouch? and dont know legit or not?
I will make order if people found it legit
merelcoin

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 01:05:54 PM

My vouch copy is still processing. I had sent the OP an encrypted rar containing a textfile via mail yesterday, but his email provider rejected it because of the rar attachment (i used a disposable email, so i did not receive a message that my mail wasn't sent).
Today, at 7:22 i sent him a pm with a link to filedropper containing the same encrypted textfile. At the moment it's 01:05:54 PM.  I'll report back if he succeeds in cracking it.

The file:
http://www.filedropper.com/enctext

Virustotal link:
https://www.virustotal.com/nl/file/500b3eeb3cd0ebda7fb399649a9d4b054ed821f3260951e32accea2d5cbf4655/analysis/1465975711/

This is just a vouch rarfile, you can download it, but it doesn't contain anything but a rarred textfile containing some random text, so there is no added benefit from downloading it. I know it should be virus free (unless my workpc is infected), but if you don't trust me: don't download the file Wink
BTC2Social

Activity: 20

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 08:08:23 PM

My vouch copy is still processing. I had sent the OP an encrypted rar containing a textfile via mail yesterday, but his email provider rejected it because of the rar attachment (i used a disposable email, so i did not receive a message that my mail wasn't sent).
Today, at 7:22 i sent him a pm with a link to filedropper containing the same encrypted textfile. At the moment it's 01:05:54 PM.  I'll report back if he succeeds in cracking it.

The file:
http://www.filedropper.com/enctext

Virustotal link:
https://www.virustotal.com/nl/file/500b3eeb3cd0ebda7fb399649a9d4b054ed821f3260951e32accea2d5cbf4655/analysis/1465975711/

This is just a vouch rarfile, you can download it, but it doesn't contain anything but a rarred textfile containing some random text, so there is no added benefit from downloading it. I know it should be virus free (unless my workpc is infected), but if you don't trust me: don't download the file Wink
You can't scan an encrypted file for virusses. Anyway, I doubt there is a way other then brute forcing to crack a RAR file. A 128bit password will never be brute forced.
pixel375

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 12:57:55 AM

I call scam on this service -.-
issho

Activity: 216
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 05:12:17 AM

why? any proof?
pixel375

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 05:23:10 AM

why? any proof?

Let me re-phrase my statement,,,
It's fake till proven otherwise. XD There.
golapani

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 12:49:33 PM

I'm not online all the day on the forum, the file that i have sent to the OP is clean, will post a virustotal scan now, it contains only a pic and a txt file which OP should tell me what's inside it (to view it he should put the correct password)

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/8b5adee43bb96c4624b612d91c4f685d5a3be63002183be583e78eba9a131e09/analysis/

If 48 Antiviruses shows that it is a clean file then i don't know how your antivirus detects it a malware?!

Here is the file that i sent to the OP, anybody can download and check for viruses: sendspace.com/file/ha4tab

OP please confirm that i sent you this file, that's all. Finding the password or not is your decision, I'm done.
Maybe he knows he wont be able to crack up the password .thats why he is crying wolf
pixel375

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 04:30:41 PM

Maybe he knows he wont be able to crack up the password .thats why he is crying wolf

hahahaha word  Grin Grin
extrabyte
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 05:02:21 PM

why? any proof?

I have already put all the information publicly so the OP is free to 'crack' the password, I also put the virustotal scan proof. He sent me a message that the file is detected as malware by his chrome and he suggested me to send him through email, but what is the difference?
pixel375

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 03:51:43 AM

why? any proof?

I have already put all the information publicly so the OP is free to 'crack' the password, I also put the virustotal scan proof. He sent me a message that the file is detected as malware by his chrome and he suggested me to send him through email, but what is the difference?
If the OPs chrome browser detects it as malware and prevents downloading, then he should just open it in IE, Firefox, or any other browser...
pandalion98

Activity: 504

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2016, 03:58:34 AM

Negative. The files get encrypted using AES or other algorithm, depending on the software.

So no. One does not simply hex-edit the rar file.
pcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 10:22:05 AM

There is no point calling a service names till proven otherwise. I can't just download any file just because the owner provides virus total scan. All files must pass through gmail because I feel more secure with it.
merelcoin

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 11:04:46 AM

There is no point calling a service names till proven otherwise. I can't just download any file just because the owner provides virus total scan. All files must pass through gmail because I feel more secure with it.

I already Pm'ed you this, but gmail seems to deny any email containing an encrypted rar... So if you keep on using gmail, none of your future clients will ever be able to send you any encrypted rar's... Seems a bit like a moot point IMHO, since your business plan makes it impossible for you to conduct business (your business plan is to crack encrypted rars after gmail scans them, but gmail flat out refuses to scan the encrypted rars).

I can only say that my rar should be clean, if you want my vouch, you're always free to download it or to send me a different email address (from a provider that allows encrypted rar attachments)... If you're not interested in a vouch (or if you don't trust me), you can leave it be.
pixel375

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 11:47:48 PM

Negative. The files get encrypted using AES or other algorithm, depending on the software.

So no. One does not simply hex-edit the rar file.
And no, one does not simply bruteforce a 30 character password with alphanumerical characters and symbols. That would take years.
pixel375

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 11:51:31 PM

Gmail does not allow compressed files. Especially if they're encrypted. Neither do most other big email providers.
extrabyte
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 11:56:40 PM

Gmail does not allow compressed files. Especially if they're encrypted. Neither do most other big email providers.

When I tried to send him my rar file the gmail service does not allow it, i got this message: "Blocked for security reasons!" and from their websites https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6590?hl=en I found that archives that are password protected aren't allowed to attach on gmail messages.
znickelbackz

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 09:54:29 AM

how can i use this service if my rar files content so important information for a stranger to see it? i send you the files and you are the first one to know the passwords and can grab everything inside.
sabbirshm

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 10:11:49 AM

Are you using  a software?  I searched on Google for breaking rar file password.  and I found a software which automatically search password but it take long time. and one more question how long will it take to recover a password? Does it depends on files size?
pcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 11:27:38 AM

how can i use this service if my rar files content so important information for a stranger to see it? i send you the files and you are the first one to know the passwords and can grab everything inside.
This is simple because i dont need to open your file to check however i must confirmed that the password works but if the file is too confidential you might not bother to use my service.

Are you using  a software?  I searched on Google for breaking rar file password.  and I found a software which automatically search password but it take long time. and one more question how long will it take to recover a password? Does it depends on files size?
I make use of powerful algorithm methods, yes the bigger the file size the longer it takes not the difficulty of the file.
pixel375

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 04:18:19 PM

pcoin, you have to think about a method to receive files... Gmail won't allow you.
abhishek.g

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 04:53:04 PM

Well if you have got some social site recognition then I would like to stay in touch with you . You can share your ID with me or you can inbox me as well .
pcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 12:32:29 PM

I am actually not in a hurry to make a sale.
Bump for update.
pandalion98

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 01:20:39 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2016, 02:01:33 PM by pandalion98

Prove yourself. EDIT: PM me your email and I'll send you my test files.

https://mega.nz/#!NMNSmTpK!2g45P5M4u1zxfdvCWrnMD0nyYarlOjHbc1mHIP6CePU

This RAR file contains a PGP-signed message in a text file, so your PC won't get "full of virus, malware etc. (sic)"  I did NOT encrypt the file name because of this exact reason.

Extracting files might makes my computer to be full of virus, malware etc.
Just to correct your impressions.

I'll be revealing the password when
1. You give up.

Any and all communications between us (PM or any other means, if any) will be made public with screenshots, so you can't beg me for the password.

Have fun Cheesy

p.s. I have some RAR files with pictures of my cat. I forgot the password. I will be using your service if and only if you complete this. Else, this is just another pitiful scam.
merelcoin

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 01:46:44 PM

Prove yourself.

This RAR file contains a PGP-signed message in a text file, so your PC won't get "full of virus, malware etc. (sic)"  I did NOT encrypt the file name because of this exact reason.

My uploaded rarfile also only contains a single textfile to, but the OP doesn't seem to trust anybody...
It's up to him whether or not he wants to prove himself, but i think his workflow is flawed. Even if somebody decided to use his service without any vouches, he still had to accept the encrypted rar some way in order to receive payment, and it's pretty obvious the only way he deems to be safe isn't working.
pandalion98

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 01:58:32 PM

Prove yourself.

My uploaded rarfile also only contains a single textfile to, but the OP doesn't seem to trust anybody...
It's up to him whether or not he wants to prove himself, but i think his workflow is flawed. Even if somebody decided to use his service without any vouches, he still had to accept the encrypted rar some way in order to receive payment, and it's pretty obvious the only way he deems to be safe isn't working.

I know what's up with your file.
The filename is encrypted and it's suspiciously large for a single text file.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ha4tab

You can PM me your email and I'll send you my test files.
merelcoin

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 02:01:57 PM

I know what's up with your file.
The filename is encrypted and it's suspiciously large for a single text file.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ha4tab

You can PM me your email and I'll send you my test files.

you're correct, my filenames are encrypted (that's the way i always encrypt my rarfiles, i think the OP should be able to handle this if he wants a vouch for his service), but the sendspace link you have there isn't mine.
Mine was: http://www.filedropper.com/enctext but it seems to be offline now, i suppose filedropper doesn't keep files that haven't been downloaded after a couple of days. My filesize is 244 bytes.

There's no need to send me your rarfiles, since i'm not the one asking for a vouch Wink
znickelbackz

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 02:33:12 PM

This is simple because i dont need to open your file to check however i must confirmed that the password works but if the file is too confidential you might not bother to use my service.

you say it's simple and act like the problem is easily solved, but it's not. you don't need to open the files but how do i know and trust you about that? but if you feel ok with the fact that people do have missing passwords rar files but don't bother to use your service, then good for you.
smho_16

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 07:40:40 PM

If you want to recover your RAR files password there's no need to pay anyone to do this job, just download over Torrent, the Elcomsoft RAR password recovery , personally have not tried it yet, but have tried their Office recovery version and it has worked good, the problem is it takes a lot of time to find your password, you must leave your PC open for days but in the end you will get your password to your files.
pixel375

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 05:12:10 AM

If you want to recover your RAR files password there's no need to pay anyone to do this job, just download over Torrent, the Elcomsoft RAR password recovery , personally have not tried it yet, but have tried their Office recovery version and it has worked good, the problem is it takes a lot of time to find your password, you must leave your PC open for days but in the end you will get your password to your files.

Not really... To brute force a Rar password of the length of 8 mixalpha-numeric characters, at the speed of 48 key/s, it would take up to 146507 years 131 days 8 hours 53 minutes and 14 seconds. As it is 221919451578090 password combinations.
And that is only if the password doesn't have special characters in it.
XD
pixel375

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 05:14:01 AM

Not really... To brute force a Rar password of the length of 8 mixalpha-numeric characters, at the speed of 48 key/s, it would take up to 146507 years 131 days 8 hours 53 minutes and 14 seconds. As it is 221919451578090 password combinations.
XD

And even IF you have a huge high end server with extreme hashing power and could get it up to 168806 key/second, you would still need over 41 years.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 04:17:09 PM

Do you have still vouch or trial for your service just test it if you are saying the truth. because i am looking for a service before the same as yours.. but honestly they are old failed.. if you can give me a trial for one rar file lock.. i will give you a costumers and also i want to try your service because i have a file here above 1mb and i want to open it..
smho_16

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 07:35:58 PM

XD

And even IF you have a huge high end server with extreme hashing power and could get it up to 168806 key/second, you would still need over 41 years.

Wow didn't know this, I tried at my workplace to recover a lost password of a word document and I started the Elcomsoft program on 16.45 PM when I leave work and the next day in the morning it had already found it, but it was an easy password of only 4 normal letters characters.

So basically what you are saying for example it is impossible to brute force a rar password with more than 12 characters which has Upper case, lower case and symbols , thats good as I keep my blockchain memnonic in such a protected document. I feel like very strong now.
pandalion98

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2016, 04:11:04 AM

Do you have still vouch or trial for your service just test it if you are saying the truth. because i am looking for a service before the same as yours.. but honestly they are old failed.. if you can give me a trial for one rar file lock.. i will give you a costumers and also i want to try your service because i have a file here above 1mb and i want to open it..
I think OP gave up and abandoned this thread.

In my opinion, he's just trying to scam. I'm not accusing anyone right now. I'm just thinking.
I'm not saying he's officially a scammer. His service might be legit, but they way he's acting right now makes me think otherwise.

Send files via Gmail because he thinks it's safer that way? Pfft.

*mic drop*
pixel375

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 04:20:12 AM

XD

Wow didn't know this, I tried at my workplace to recover a lost password of a word document and I started the Elcomsoft program on 16.45 PM when I leave work and the next day in the morning it had already found it, but it was an easy password of only 4 normal letters characters.

So basically what you are saying for example it is impossible to brute force a rar password with more than 12 characters which has Upper case, lower case and symbols , thats good as I keep my blockchain memnonic in such a protected document. I feel like very strong now.

Correct. One of the guys earlier in this thread encrypted theirs with a 20-30 character strong password... You can imagine how many generations that would take XD
ricku

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 07:14:42 AM

You sr. member ought to have gotten a vouch from this service but if i may ask, is it not possible to send rar files through gmail accounts?
i need to know because i want try this service but i need to wait for the vouch reviews.

merelcoin

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 08:29:46 AM

You sr. member ought to have gotten a vouch from this service but if i may ask, is it not possible to send rar files through gmail accounts?
i need to know because i want try this service but i need to wait for the vouch reviews.

Apparently here's the deal: 3 senior members have asked for a vouch =>
extrabyte (hero member) => sent a 388 Kb file, didn't receive the password so far
pandalion98 (Sr. member) => sent a <1Kb file with unencrypted filenames, didn't receive the password so far
merelcoin  (myself, Sr. member) => sent a <1Kb file with encrypted filenames, didn't receive the password so far

The OP thinks he needs to use gmail in order to receive files, because he believes their virusscanner will scan the rarfiles and protect him against virusses.... However, gmail blocks possible vulnerable attachments, including rarfiles with encrypted filenames. The OP doesn't want to accept files any other way...

I don't know if the OP's service is legit, but so far i haven't seen any vouches, nor do i believe his workflow is proficient for his business model.
You could use him, but i would certainly advice to either pay him after the job is done or use a TRUSTED escrow service.
pandalion98

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2016, 09:14:15 AM

The OP thinks he needs to use gmail in order to receive files, because he believes their virusscanner will scan the rarfiles and protect him against virusses.... However, gmail blocks possible vulnerable attachments, including rarfiles with encrypted filenames. The OP doesn't want to accept files any other way...
I've sent him a PM pointing to my post that asks for his email. So far, no response.

Since I sent that PM about a day ago and considering BitcoinTalk bugs you with a popup when you log in, I'm pretty sure he already saw it. Therefore, "I did not see it" is an invalid reason.
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 09:34:23 AM

Apparently here's the deal: 3 senior members have asked for a vouch =>
extrabyte (hero member) => sent a 388 Kb file, didn't receive the password so far
pandalion98 (Sr. member) => sent a <1Kb file with unencrypted filenames, didn't receive the password so far
merelcoin  (myself, Sr. member) => sent a <1Kb file with encrypted filenames, didn't receive the password so far

I don't know if the OP's service is legit, but so far i haven't seen any vouches, nor do i believe his workflow is proficient for his business model.
You could use him, but i would certainly advice to either pay him after the job is done or use a TRUSTED escrow service.

Can you make an encrypted .rar files and then remove the .rar format to .txt format ?
I tried that way and gmail accepts my attachment Tongue
All OP had to do is to remove the .txt and change it to .rar and he can get his hand cracking that password Wink
I would love to volunteer for this Roll Eyes
pandalion98

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2016, 10:40:24 AM

Here we go.

ricku

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 12:22:52 PM

Here we go.

You have successfully sent the rar file to his email think, so let us wait for his response.
I need this service seriously.

teddy5145

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 02:37:12 PM

Here we go.
How did you managed to sent the file with .rar format ? I thought you said google wouldn't allow that
Nonetheless, It is time for OP to work and see if his service are true or just a big bluff Grin
pcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 02:53:52 PM

I confirmed to have received the 2 files and i shall work on it soonest.
It is practically unjust to call someone that have not collected anything from you  scam, even in a law court a criminal is called accused until found guilty of the offence.
i will send the password as soon as i am able to perfect it.
pandalion98

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2016, 03:07:52 PM

Here we go.
How did you managed to sent the file with .rar format ? I thought you said google wouldn't allow that
Nonetheless, It is time for OP to work and see if his service are true or just a big bluff Grin
I didn't say Google won't allow it. I think that was someone else.
Refer to post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1509870.msg15292941#msg15292941

I confirmed to have received the 2 files and i shall work on it soonest.
It is practically unjust to call someone that have not collected anything from you  scam, even in a law court a criminal is called accused until found guilty of the offence.
i will send the password as soon as i am able to perfect it.
I didn't accuse anyone. Was just my opinion Cheesy
pcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 10:20:48 PM

I must admit that your file password is really hard but the work is still in progress, i will update you tomorrow.
pixel375

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 10:58:22 PM

I will lick my ballz if he actually cracks it  Grin Grin Grin
ricku

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 07:22:49 AM

Probably you have really included some hard to crack password  Grin Grin Grin Grin but let us wait and see if the OP will get it cracked eventually.
Though my own file password is simple i just literally forgot the word.

pixel375

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 07:39:20 AM

Probably you have really included some hard to crack password  Grin Grin Grin Grin but let us wait and see if the OP will get it cracked eventually.
If he gets any alphanumerical password with over 8 characters, I will lick my ballz  Grin Grin Grin
Would have to be a Sr's password. Lmao. Just saying  Wink
pandalion98

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 07:42:19 AM

I must admit that your file password is really hard but the work is still in progress, i will update you tomorrow.
No worries Smiley
The password to the easy one is realistic and reasonable.

Sizes shouldn't be an issue.
The easy one is 1,195 bytes. (1.16 KB)
The hard one is 1,147 bytes. (1.12 KB)

I will lick my ballz if he actually cracks it  Grin Grin Grin
I doubt you can reach it.

Probably you have really included some hard to crack password  Grin Grin Grin Grin but let us wait and see if the OP will get it cracked eventually.
I sent him two test files. The password to the easy one is realistic and reasonable, unlike someone else's test file *glares at merelcoin*
Peace yo Cheesy
merelcoin

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 08:10:26 AM

~~snip~~
I sent him two test files. The password to the easy one is realistic and reasonable, unlike someone else's test file *glares at merelcoin*
Peace yo Cheesy

I think i was very reasonable... I think everybody encrypts their rar file (including filenames) using a 256 character randomly generated password using uppercase, lowercase, numbers and characters  Grin

The op just asked for small files, mine was just a couple of bytes... He never said anything about which passwords were allowed Wink
ricku

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 08:18:02 AM

~~snip~~
Peace yo Cheesy

I think i was very reasonable... I think everybody encrypts their rar file (including filenames) using a 256 character randomly generated password using uppercase, lowercase, numbers and characters  Grin

The op just asked for small files, mine was just a couple of bytes... He never said anything about which passwords were allowed Wink
You are right the op did not mention any type of password but i think he needs not to because anybody is at liberty to use any desired password he/she finds secure.

tigerwood0432

Activity: 493

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 12:40:25 AM

Are you going to extract the files or bruteforce it ?

▄███████████████████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████████████████
██username 12345█████████████████████████████
███▒▒▒▒▒▒▒███████████████████████████████████
██1234567███12345678██12345678███12345678████
████████████████████████████████████████████
████▒▒▒▒▒▒███████████████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████████████████████████▀
CryptoPay

GET IT NOW
pandalion98

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2016, 03:10:45 AM

Any updates?
pixel375

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 04:23:58 AM

Any updates?
Lol I really doubt there will be any updates any time soon  Grin
pandalion98

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2016, 04:27:08 AM

Any updates?
Yeah. The last time he logged in was about 2 days ago.
tiffyroman

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 04:43:09 AM

Any updates?

I read through all the replies and I thought op would be able to crack it by a day, and the difficulty of cracking the password relies on the size of the file, which apparently is probably not the case we're seeing right now.
Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 05:50:12 AM

Any updates?
Lol I really doubt there will be any updates any time soon  Grin

I read through all the replies and I thought op would be able to crack it by a day, and the difficulty of cracking the password relies on the size of the file, which apparently is probably not the case we're seeing right now.

Cracking a PDF file is not a big issue if the password length is small and it does not contain complex characters. If the OP has find the solution he should close this thread.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
pandalion98

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2016, 06:01:09 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2016, 06:39:10 AM by pandalion98

Any updates?
Lol I really doubt there will be any updates any time soon  Grin

Cracking a PDF file is not a big issue if the password length is small and it does not contain complex characters. If the OP has find the solution he should close this thread.
He's not cracking a PDF. He's cracking RAR files.
ricku

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 06:38:02 AM

Any info from OP? as he contacted pandalion98 via pm?
I quite agreed that pdf password is easier to crack than rar files passwords.

pixel375

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 05:20:12 PM

Any updates?

Lmao. Exactly what I thought! I understood he'd be able to crack any password within a day.... But I guess he never mentioned a time period.. So we might hear back from him with the first cracked password from our great grand children, if we are still alive by then  Grin Grin
Haha sorry for being such a jerk, I just an ass  Grin Grin Grin Deal with it.
pixel375

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 05:32:54 PM

Can't we just close this thread and re-open it once the Majorana Fermion particle has been fully studied and quantum computing has been released to the public? Cause by then we will be able to crack any of the current passwords in seconds. What now takes 150,000 years, will take seconds.
ricku

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 06:18:47 AM

Can't we just close this thread and re-open it once the Majorana Fermion particle has been fully studied and quantum computing has been released to the public? Cause by then we will be able to crack any of the current passwords in seconds. What now takes 150,000 years, will take seconds.
What is Majorana Fermion particle and how is it related to file password cracking? There is nothing bad in learning some new skill or ideas here. Kindly share while we wait for the OP.

pixel375

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 07:48:35 AM

What is Majorana Fermion particle and how is it related to file password cracking? There is nothing bad in learning some new skill or ideas here. Kindly share while we wait for the OP.
For sure!
Scientists have reportedly uncovered a new particle that might make quantum computing possible - Majorana Fermion - A mysterious particle that has confused scientists for 80 years. In 1937, Italian physicist Ettore Majorana predicted that a single, stable particle could be both, matter and antimatter, Majorana Fermion is believed to be that particle.
One day, Majorana Fermion could be harnessed to make computers fast as hell, and execute previously impossible functions... If we have a subject that needs calculation, the classical calculation will take 150,000 years, whereas the quantum computing will finish the calculation within one second.
Because,
a classical computer performs operations using classical bits, either 0 or 1. But a quantum computer uses qubits, which can be both 0 and 1 at the same time. Quantum computing's capability is a million times of our current supercomputers.

Therefore, cracking a Rar file password would take many years with our current technology, but quantum computers running on Majorana Fermion, could crack those passwords in seconds. You see?
pixel375

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 07:50:37 AM

Also just a random thing...... Why is my activity status stuck at 42?  Huh I want to level up Sad  Angry
pandalion98

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2016, 02:11:15 PM

Also just a random thing...... Why is my activity status stuck at 42?  Huh I want to level up Sad  Angry
Give your account more time. Your account's activity has to catch up with your post rates. I think it resets every two weeks (i.e. you can earn more activity again in 2 weeks)
ricku

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 02:46:28 PM

For sure!
Scientists have reportedly uncovered a new particle that might make quantum computing possible - Majorana Fermion - A mysterious particle that has confused scientists for 80 years. In 1937, Italian physicist Ettore Majorana predicted that a single, stable particle could be both, matter and antimatter, Majorana Fermion is believed to be that particle.
One day, Majorana Fermion could be harnessed to make computers fast as hell, and execute previously impossible functions... If we have a subject that needs calculation, the classical calculation will take 150,000 years, whereas the quantum computing will finish the calculation within one second.
Because,
a classical computer performs operations using classical bits, either 0 or 1. But a quantum computer uses qubits, which can be both 0 and 1 at the same time. Quantum computing's capability is a million times of our current supercomputers.

Therefore, cracking a Rar file password would take many years with our current technology, but quantum computers running on Majorana Fermion, could crack those passwords in seconds. You see?
If your claim is true, this will also have impact on cryptocoin mining and not only rar file password cracking alone.
Good one mate  Cool

pixel375

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 03:43:26 PM

For sure!
Because,

If your claim is true, this will also have impact on cryptocoin mining and not only rar file password cracking alone.
Good one mate  Cool
Oh forgot to say, this whole text has been taken from a video. I just pretty much copied everything word for word.
hexafraction

Activity: 392
Merit: 259

Tips welcomed: 1CF4GhXX1RhCaGzWztgE1YZZUcSpoqTbsJ

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 03:46:47 PM

No, it won't. That's just silly given no actual evidence aside from shoddy claims and misunderstandings by some video authors. No matter the nonsense that we get from this so-called "particle zoo" that grows every time scientists can't explain an inconsistency, aside from number-theoretic factoring/discrete-log based problems vulnerable to Shor's (for Bitcoin, that is ECDSA), the only viable quantum speedup to general crypto breaking (that is, mining, the 160-bit hash used in addresses, RAR encryption, and so on) is Grover's algorithm, which isn't that much of a speed-up anyway. Please stop regurgitating sensationalist "science" as evidence to wild claims.

I have recently become active again after a long period of inactivity. Cryptographic proof that my account has not been compromised is available.
pixel375

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 03:48:24 PM

Give your account more time. Your account's activity has to catch up with your post rates. I think it resets every two weeks (i.e. you can earn more activity again in 2 weeks)
Ohhhkay. Thanks for letting me know  Smiley
pandalion98

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2016, 03:49:53 PM

For sure!
Because,

Good one mate  Cool
I don't think that's how quantum computing works.

The advantage of quantum computing is concurrency, not brute compute power. If it was working on one task, it would be pretty much the same speed as a desktop computer. But, with branching and optimization problems, it really gives the advantage.

Imagine a labyrinth. A classical computer would go through each and every one of the paths, one at a time. On the other hand, a quantum computer could simply take all paths at the same time.
Imagine a map with a road that splits into two. One is trapped. The classical computer would first take left, then if it fails, takes the right path. A quantum computer would simply "split into two" at the intersection and try both paths at the same time.

Please stop regurgitating sensationalist "science" as evidence to wild claims.
hexafraction

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 03:52:05 PM

I don't think that's how quantum computing works.

The advantage of quantum computing is concurrency, not brute compute power. If it was working on one task, it would be pretty much the same speed as a desktop computer. But, with branching and optimization problems, it really gives the advantage.

Imagine a labyrinth. A classical computer would go through each and every one of the paths, one at a time. On the other hand, a quantum computer could simply take all paths at the same time.
Imagine a map with a road that splits into two. One is trapped. The classical computer would first take left, then if it fails, takes the right path. A quantum computer would simply "split into two" at the intersection and try both paths at the same time.

It's not even that beneficial. The branching-at-every-choice (for lack of a better description without requiring a physics explanation) is dependent on there being an appropriate algorithm discovered for solving that type of problem (e.g. Shor's taking discrete log from exponential to polynomial time). See my previous post.

Also:

Since April 2016, the largest integer factored on a quantum device is 200099, using D-Wave 2X quantum processor

We've got a long way to go then from Shor's for factoring 200099 to Shor's for discrete log over groups of order 115792089237316195423570985008687907853269984665640564039457584007913129639936.

I have recently become active again after a long period of inactivity. Cryptographic proof that my account has not been compromised is available.
ricku

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 07:43:07 AM

Any news from the OP? Probably your password will take 365 days before it could be cracked  Grin Grin

pandalion98

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2016, 10:58:43 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2016, 11:27:19 AM by pandalion98

Any news from the OP? Probably your password will take 365 days before it could be cracked  Grin Grin
Nope. No messages from OP. OP was last seen on June 24. I'm guessing he ran away ashamed. He was advertising and promoting about his almighty algorithm that could crack any RAR password and simply depends on the file size, not password complexity.
See quotes below:

I make use of powerful algorithm methods, yes the bigger the file size the longer it takes not the difficulty of the file.

Based on the the file I sent (just over 1kb), he utterly failed to deliver despite the password being relatively simple (provided he uses proper methods).

Remember that he's only limited to file size as he as mentioned and not password complexity. Also remember that my file is about 900x smaller than his vouch limit of 1MB (see quotes above). I would presume that it'll only take a day or less considering he's advertising his "powerful algorithm methods". Any more than that would have been skid-level bruteforcing that probably anyone can do using their PC.

• Therefore, any "I was busy/sick/unavailable" reason is BS. If he does this and says "I started cracking yesterday", that would be very unprofessional service considering we sent the files a long time ago. Why on earth didn't you start working on it immediately?
  • Therefore, any argument that says "Your password might be too hard" or "Your file may be too big" is invalid.

I'm calling this an attempt to scam and will leave him with negative rep until he cracks my hard-difficulty RAR file. I'll convert it to positive rep once he does that. The password to the easy file is 1234Abcd!!! and is crackable using a hybrid attack (I would presume his algorithm is better than this attack since he's not limited to password complexity). Download the file here.

I'd also recommend others to do the same until he proves his service is legit.

I would not consider this libel since it's backed by solid evidence (him failing to deliver). Also, I wanted to use his service, but I was simply asking for proof. A sane restaurant would not file a lawsuit against a person that simply wanted to check if their cooked rice is actually cooked rice. Any negative feedback on me saying "pandalion98 is being a fake cop" is therefore moot.

Myth busted. My encrypted cat pictures can wait.
hexafraction

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 02:39:33 PM

I would not consider this libel since it's backed by solid evidence (him failing to deliver). Also, I wanted to use his service, but I was simply asking for proof. A sane restaurant would not file a lawsuit against a person that simply wanted to check if their cooked rice is actually cooked rice. Any negative feedback on me saying "pandalion98 is being a fake cop" is therefore moot.

Done. I'll bet that OP may just create a new account and throw this one away (<60 posts and activity)

pixel375

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 03:38:23 PM

Any news from the OP? Probably your password will take 365 days before it could be cracked  Grin Grin
Nope. No messages from OP. OP was last seen on June 24. I'm guessing he ran away ashamed. He was advertising and promoting about his almighty algorithm that could crack any RAR password and simply depends on the file size, not password complexity.
See quotes below:

Based on the the file I sent (just over 1kb), he utterly failed to deliver despite the password being relatively simple (provided he uses proper methods).

Remember that he's only limited to file size as he as mentioned and not password complexity. Also remember that my file is about 900x smaller than his vouch limit of 1MB (see quotes above). I would presume that it'll only take a day or less considering he's advertising his "powerful algorithm methods". Any more than that would have been skid-level bruteforcing that probably anyone can do using their PC.

• Therefore, any "I was busy/sick/unavailable" reason is BS. If he does this and says "I started cracking yesterday", that would be very unprofessional service considering we sent the files a long time ago. Why on earth didn't you start working on it immediately?
  • Therefore, any argument that says "Your password might be too hard" or "Your file may be too big" is invalid.

I'm calling this an attempt to scam and will leave him with negative rep until he cracks my hard-difficulty RAR file. I'll convert it to positive rep once he does that. The password to the easy file is 1234Abcd!!! and is crackable using a hybrid attack (I would presume his algorithm is better than this attack since he's not limited to password complexity). Download the file here.

Thanks for the update Smiley
pcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 09:02:36 PM

The cracking process have been interrupted by low internet access.
I feel that there is an error in the negative feed back on my account because i am not able to crack the rar file as expected but i have explained my reason above.
I will like you guys to remove the feedback on my account and dont bother to add the positive.
teddy5145

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 09:29:44 PM

I feel that there is an error in the negative feed back on my account because i am not able to crack the rar file as expected but i have explained my reason above.
I will like you guys to remove the feedback on my account and dont bother to add the positive.
What does Internet have to do with cracking the file via your PC ?
Unless you tried to brute force it via a high end VPS with Beefy CPU

A photo proof of you cracking it would be helpful Tongue
Negatives will be removed until you have proof that you have successfully at cracking the file Wink
hexafraction

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 01:20:20 AM

I will remove my negative when you show that you are able to decrypt the test file sent to you by pandalion98, by providing the file content and/or password so that we can verify that the file already provided has been successfully decrypted. Not a moment before then. It makes no difference to me whether you are stumped by "low internet access", a difficult password, the fact that you are running a scam, or simple incompetence.

pixel375

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 01:23:07 AM

Mawhahaha why is this so amusing  Grin So many jerks and assholes on here like me, I'm enjoying this too much Tongue  Cool
pandalion98

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2016, 04:11:43 AM

Here's his reply (screen snip). I don't think internet access has anything to do with cracking RAR files, but I don't really have a clue about his algorithm.

Care to explain a bit more, OP?

Mawhahaha why is this so amusing  Grin So many jerks and assholes on here like me, I'm enjoying this too much Tongue  Cool
I guess we have something in common then Grin
morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 04:19:16 AM

Hello community,

why does the file size matter?  i have a load of hacking/phreaking software and the size of the file has nothing to do with the password encryption.  the only reason i would ever think of file size in a case like yours is the transfer of the file to and from, but that does not make sense either as they are sending you the file and you only send back a password. 
pixel375

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 06:17:00 AM

And a file that small can be received with dial-up in no time.
morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 06:20:01 AM

And a file that small can be received with dial-up in no time.

who are you talking to?  a file how small?  what is this statement replying to?
pixel375

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 06:34:17 AM

Pandalion and pcoin.
If the cracking has been interrupted due to "Low internet access" it would either mean that
1. He failed to receive the file due to internet issues, but the file is only kbs in size.
2. He is using a cloud service to decrypt it, which to me seems like complete crap and nonsense
pixel375

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 06:35:16 AM

Pandalion and pcoin.
If the cracking has been interrupted due to "Low internet access" it would either mean that
1. He failed to receive the file due to internet issues, but the file is only kbs in size.
2. He is using a cloud service to decrypt it, which to me seems like complete crap and nonsense

I keep forgetting to quote -.- Imma noob.
tiffyroman

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 07:02:07 AM

Still no updates from op.

This thread has rather become a fun place to fool around rather than the service itself lmao
pixel375

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 07:25:51 AM

This thread has rather become a fun place to fool around rather than the service itself lmao

Exactly my point  Grin Tongue
pcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 08:06:43 PM

Exactly my point  Grin Tongue
The attempt to crack the password of the file sent to me for vouch copy was not successful though i have practice the skills several times before the announcement.
I certify that i have not demand any fund from anybody as i claimed in the thread that i am not in a hurry to make sales, this service is hereby suspended indefinitely.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: