Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:10:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sold around 100 BTC few months ago  (Read 3284 times)
nicojaewpunk

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 12:18:43 AM

Man 1btc will always 1btc. No matter the price
you have no loose anything cause no one can surely know will price going up or down
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
elyas772

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 12:25:55 AM

I think you have a very big regret, 100 BTC possible if it is still on hold you have a huge profit.

I myself sometimes sell 1 BTC, it feels very regret, no idea if it was 100 BTC.

but if you still have it in the form of fiat, perhaps the time is still right for you to buy bitcoin, because halving still about 3 weeks away.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 12:27:47 AM

I think you have a very big regret, 100 BTC possible if it is still on hold you have a huge profit.

I myself sometimes sell 1 BTC, it feels very regret, no idea if it was 100 BTC
No doubt a pretty big "kick yourself in the ass moment" I'm sure. I don't know what the price was a few months ago...maybe 300-400? Now it's double or about there so that really can hurt a man's pride.
PuraPuraBego

Activity: 928
Merit: 531

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 12:29:38 AM

May this are better for you  Grin
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 01:15:56 AM

Not me. Me and a lot of people advice everyone about how selling BTC at 200 was suicidal and not buying BTC at 200 was also suicidal. It turns out we were right and we might be seeing the last days of 3 figure per BTC as we speak.
lissandra

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 02:54:20 AM

and now I regret it.  Angry

Anyone else in the same boat?

Were you not aware what halving news was about?

I just assume everyone knows this by now, but if theres fewer block rewards people tend to jack up prices. I guess this is the difference of knowing enough bitcoin and peoples small details of making a bigger buck.

Cybertron00

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 05:38:28 AM

Thats sad man but its ok.  Grin I think even if the btc price had risen from back then you made the right decision because if you didn't sold it all and others holded too, do you think that bitcoin's price will still be the same now if you didn't sell yours? Will it be redistributed to thers again? Well I think no because if all will hold, btc's price will not change for months or even years.
starswper

Activity: 196

Hillary For President.

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 05:39:51 AM

Don't worry. I have it worse.

I'd been holding coins for over 2 years with very little movement...

I sold 100 April 30 and then my last 100 at the end of May, just days before the big rise started.

Normally I'd buy back in, but my money is tied up in mutual funds now.

The crazy thing is that I didn't even really want to sell. I just got an accepted offer on a house, though, and I need the cash to sit in an account for 90 days so I could get a mortgage.

So far, I figure I've missed out on about $60,000 just from the past two weeks of gains.

And there is nothing I can do but sit there and watch.  Cry

ouch. that's gotta hurt. Do you have any plans on getting back in?

Trump=Death
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 05:46:52 AM

I sold 100 April 30 and then my last 100 at the end of May, just days before the big rise started.

The crazy thing is that I didn't even really want to sell. I just got an accepted offer on a house, though, and I need the cash to sit in an account for 90 days so I could get a mortgage.

So far, I figure I've missed out on about $60,000 just from the past two weeks of gains.

i really don't get this! how can someone invest this much money in something (100BTC in this case) and have no idea about what he is doing, hold it for "two years" then sell at low prices!!

i mean if you want to sell, you should sell when the loss is small not when it is at max loss and sell just before the rise!

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
starswper

Activity: 196

Hillary For President.

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 07:46:23 AM

i really don't get this! how can someone invest this much money in something (100BTC in this case) and have no idea about what he is doing, hold it for "two years" then sell at low prices!!

i mean if you want to sell, you should sell when the loss is small not when it is at max loss and sell just before the rise!

You can be the best investor in the world and still lose sometimes. You cant win every time and come out ahead so leave him alone. Im sure he feels bad enough.

Trump=Death
bitcoin-hunter

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 09:00:12 AM

Good for you, I guess that you have made allot of money but I see that you regret it now because the price is a little higher then what you sold for. That is why you should always save some coins for when the price goes up.
Zaun

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Forza Roma

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 09:08:33 AM

Wow you must  feel bad then. If you had waited 3 months you would have get double of what you did get.
But don't fee to bad, it happends to all of us. I sold 2 bicoins when the price reached 500 dollar
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 10:58:00 AM

Lol I sold ~0.12 a couple of weeks ago and I am already regretting it... I can't imagine if I sold more. But I can't understand why you did it if you knew that the halving will happen later this year and will drive the price up for sure? I was a little bit off the forum for some time, but this year I am watching very closely everything, just because of the halving. I assume you were in a need of the money and that's why you sold?
It is so wasting of money if you are making mistakes with Bitcoin and you have to know that it will be always more worth in the future and that would be really nice.
But of course you dont even know what is going to happen with the value of Bitcoin but that is just the risk that you should take.
How can you be sure that the price would always increase? Then why did the price drop in 2014? There's no specific reason why the price increase or drops as it depends on many factors. The price may suddenly drop by $100 and we would all be regretting again. We should understand that bitcoins are risky and they won't always earn you profit.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 12:18:12 PM

Never go full fiat.

Serously, selling 100 bitcoins is the dumbest thing one could ever do, besides losing 100 Bitcoin.

BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 04:36:52 PM

Wow you must  feel bad then. If you had waited 3 months you would have get double of what you did get.
But don't fee to bad, it happends to all of us. I sold 2 bicoins when the price reached 500 dollar
Yes I see most of the bitcoiners lack that patience and that turns into regret at last every time ! You are not just one.
But, this time we shouldn't do that and keep on holding as much we can. I will be holding till it hits $2000 .
mgio

Activity: 546

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 07:36:13 PM

Could you have predicted the rise...??

No, you didn't and you couldn't. Bitcoin could have just as easily gone sub 200.

Now, I'm long time optimistic on bitcoin, but I need the cash for a mortgage application. No, mortgage brokers will not count bitcoin as an asset.

I really had no choice. I still have the 100k I got out, but I was not able to use it to buy back in.

At the current prices, looks like I missed out on $70,000.
LASERminer

Activity: 206

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 04:54:17 PM

Could you have predicted the rise...??

No, you didn't and you couldn't. Bitcoin could have just as easily gone sub 200.

Now, I'm long time optimistic on bitcoin, but I need the cash for a mortgage application. No, mortgage brokers will not count bitcoin as an asset.

I really had no choice. I still have the 100k I got out, but I was not able to use it to buy back in.

At the current prices, looks like I missed out on $70,000.
I bought $60 (yes just sixty not thousands) worth of BTC in Nov 2015 as first encounter in the cryptocurency. I watched it gaining 50% before your sale date regardless downfall in between.
Apart from keeping eye at BTC price, I learned one thing from all related sources: BTC will rise at the time of halving - nobody knows for sure how much but surely it will not go down. Make me sure not selling BTC - actually I did make purchase with BTC but quickly bought even more.
Rise was totally predicted and I'm backing my belief in further rise by buying much more BTC at over 700$ price, it is still rising so I must not be alone.

When someone who holds 100 BTC for two years say: couldn't predict the rise, I can only assume you wasn't paying any attention to your investment.

Your decision in regards of mortgage is a different story, but cannot agree on "couldn't predicted the rise".

My story goes: back in 2009 I was told briefly about Bitcoin and regardless I saw it interesting, I did not found time to get into it, looking back in time I dream what I could achieve having access to datacenter facilities, powerful servers and free electricity. All gone now and I have to live happy with that.
elDano

Activity: 256

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 05:29:24 PM

Yes I see most of the bitcoiners lack that patience and that turns into regret at last every time ! You are not just one.
But, this time we shouldn't do that and keep on holding as much we can. I will be holding till it hits $2000 .

Patience is hard. If bitcoin is worth 1k, and you don't sell you don't have any profit.
To make profit you have to sell. And yes determining when to sell is quite hard, for everyone.
Cozynunu

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 06:00:04 PM

Patience is hard. If bitcoin is worth 1k, and you don't sell you don't have any profit.
To make profit you have to sell. And yes determining when to sell is quite hard, for everyone.

You are right sir. The problem is to determine when you sell your bitcoins. For a trader the price at 783 seems good to sell, but for a believer the price will be too low whatever the price is.
vero

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 07:16:57 PM

It's too bad experience to everyone know if you can be patient until this day you might get into big profits. this is a few words to comfort you never regret the decisions that you choose in life

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: