Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:58:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2.5 Years in Bitcoin and still holding.  (Read 11563 times)
escrowboy

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 11:05:43 AM

Well congrats for holding your bitcoin man.  Grin I do hope that the price will rise more so that we'll profit more. IMO it will still rise so wait for it and be happy when the rise happen.

I do not know if the price will rise next week or next months, but I am pretty sure the price will rise in years.
That's right! Because bitcoin is deflating and it will not be denied. Bitcoin's limited supply is the reason why bitcoin will surely have it's price increased in a matter of time.

That part should come right now, because miners only get 12.5 bitcoin so in a matter of a few months/year i do expect that the price increase because the supply is limited quite a lot.
But there are never any guarantees..

I think the price will rise a lot after the halving. Last halving, it rose 100 times, this time, it could rise 20 times.

Holding is the way to go. The price right now is by far not worth to sell it. Just give it a few years.
By then you will get the real value of bitcoin and selling or using then is better.

If you have enough patience and dedication to keep holding your coins for several years, then definitely go for it! But it's not as easy as it may seem. Plenty of people get very tempted to sell their coins once they see the price has gone up and they made around 20-30% profit. Solid holders can keep holding even when they doubled their money.
Holding is easy, it is like making your money as an item that you don't want to sell. That's all it takes and your bitcoin may value three times higher than what we see today.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Juhagic

Activity: 357
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 07:32:30 PM

Holding is not so easy. When the price rise 60% in one week, many people will be very enticed to sell.
traderbit

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2016, 10:38:12 PM

i got all my freelance work payment via bitcoin all these 3 years. spent very little. believed in bitcoin and was holding all these times. finally its going uppppp !!! who is holding like me since this long?

Great story, I'm not one of the early adopters like some Legendary here in forum that hold bitcoin since 2011 when the block reward was 50BTC, at the beginning I bought and earned bitcoin but spend after a slightly increase.

Corenin
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 11:26:18 PM

Holding is not so easy. When the price rise 60% in one week, many people will be very enticed to sell.

I think many people sold at the price of $750 and they must be feeling lucky as price dropped suddenly after then and rest who were holding would be definitely disappointed for not selling at that time.
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 11:49:39 PM

This crypto economy is still so volatile and unpredictable that I have preferred to store only a few proportion of my earned coins because no one can foresee with full accuracy the future of these altcoins. Fortunately I have been very responsible spending my coins in profitable investments that have also greatly increased my money, even in a larger proportion that the simple storing was given me.
fravia

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 11:51:13 PM

I think many people sold at the price of $750 and they must be feeling lucky as price dropped suddenly after then and rest who were holding would be definitely disappointed for not selling at that time.
well i didnt sold at that time and i was a bit sad about that to be honest, 2.5 years is not that long, in my opinion it is worth holding bitcoins for like 10 years

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 12:01:41 AM

well i didnt sold at that time and i was a bit sad about that to be honest, 2.5 years is not that long, in my opinion it is worth holding bitcoins for like 10 years

Sitting it for 2.5 years is really hard to do for me. I could have used my money elsewhere and not just let it sit for 2.5 years. If I have the chance i could invest it to a project like ETH during that time and ETH is pretty cheaper 2 years ago. for 1 btc you could have about 1000+ ETH.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 12:34:34 AM

I still hold my bitcoins from  $3 upwards....
sanas

Activity: 546

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 07:32:56 PM

If you bought $3,000 worth of bitcoin, you will be a dollar million in a few months. So it is good to hold.

.cashaa....█████
█╬██
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█

█╬█

█╬██

█████
██████
██╬██
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█

█╬█

██╬██

██████
█████
██╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█

█╬█

██╬█

█████
Batelk

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 09:23:38 AM

If you bought $3,000 worth of bitcoin, you will be a dollar million in a few months. So it is good to hold.

As long as there is no big bug in the bitcoin technology or the developers develop it properly, the price will rise.

ZenCash Conducting Private Transactions Worldwide Completely
Discord -------- ANN Thread -------- Blog -------- Telegram  --------  Forum -------- Twitter
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2016, 09:25:49 AM

I still hold my bitcoins from  $3 upwards....

The kicker is you only bought 0.5 of them =p

Ive been holding for over a year now and will continue to for the forsseable future, The last few shakeouts we had last year i just stopped checking up on prices and even bought in some more so now im just holding dtrong to see where it takes us in the years to come.

Sitting it for 2.5 years is really hard to do for me. I could have used my money elsewhere and not just let it sit for 2.5 years. If I have the chance i could invest it to a project like ETH during that time and ETH is pretty cheaper 2 years ago. for 1 btc you could have about 1000+ ETH.

Hind sights a great thing though, had everyone known eth was going to go up such amounts then everyone on the forums would have sunk thier life savings into it.

sanas

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 11:14:09 AM

Hind sights a great thing though, had everyone known eth was going to go up such amounts then everyone on the forums would have sunk thier life savings into it.

That is right. A Chinese company completed a purchase of 416,000 ETH, the native token on the Ethereum blockchain, in an total investment of $500,000 in September last year.

.cashaa....█████
█╬██
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█

█╬█

█╬██

█████
██████
██╬██
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█

█╬█

██╬██

██████
█████
██╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█

█╬█

██╬█

█████
fireball4

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 02:24:08 PM

i got all my freelance work payment via bitcoin all these 3 years. spent very little. believed in bitcoin and was holding all these times. finally its going uppppp !!! who is holding like me since this long?

well that is nice for you that holded them for long time like 2.5 years and since now price rises, i am sure that if you will keep them for few more weeks and then sell them, you will earn a lot

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
[/table
magemist

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 02:29:30 PM

I've a few btc in a vault, but most of it is in constant moving. Trading and lending.
Let's hope for a new ATH in next month so i can sell a few and buy a bigger house  Tongue
What is ATH? Is that a hash rate or something to do with mining perhaps?
To be able to buy a house with what you accumulated. I would like to know what you are doing which sites you go to for you to have that much in bitcoin in such a short amount of time. 2.5 years is not along time when it comes to investing. Smiley
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 02:45:03 PM

well that is nice for you that holded them for long time like 2.5 years and since now price rises, i am sure that if you will keep them for few more weeks and then sell them, you will earn a lot

keep them for a few more weeks? you mean a few more years, right? because there is not much upwards potential that will lift the price much higher from the current price in the coming weeks.
rekinthis

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 03:18:29 PM

oh wow, that is insane, you must have made a lot of good profit out of that, in my opinion it is good to hold it even more in order to make even bigger money in the future

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
phreaky

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 05:06:39 PM

I've a few btc in a vault, but most of it is in constant moving. Trading and lending.
Let's hope for a new ATH in next month so i can sell a few and buy a bigger house  Tongue
To be able to buy a house with what you accumulated. I would like to know what you are doing which sites you go to for you to have that much in bitcoin in such a short amount of time. 2.5 years is not along time when it comes to investing. Smiley

The ATH is the all time high. And it was established in 2013 when the price spiked to 1300.
Today everybody is waiting for this price to be achieved, although we are just at 50% of that.
0day

Activity: 742

Hire me for your campaign management.

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 05:20:52 PM

Well congrats for holding your bitcoin man.  Grin I do hope that the price will rise more so that we'll profit more. IMO it will still rise so wait for it and be happy when the rise happen.

I do not know if the price will rise next week or next months, but I am pretty sure the price will rise in years.
That's right! Because bitcoin is deflating and it will not be denied. Bitcoin's limited supply is the reason why bitcoin will surely have it's price increased in a matter of time.

That part should come right now, because miners only get 12.5 bitcoin so in a matter of a few months/year i do expect that the price increase because the supply is limited quite a lot.

I think the price will rise a lot after the halving. Last halving, it rose 100 times, this time, it could rise 20 times.

Holding is the way to go. The price right now is by far not worth to sell it. Just give it a few years.
By then you will get the real value of bitcoin and selling or using then is better.

If you have enough patience and dedication to keep holding your coins for several years, then definitely go for it! But it's not as easy as it may seem. Plenty of people get very tempted to sell their coins once they see the price has gone up and they made around 20-30% profit. Solid holders can keep holding even when they doubled their money.

I agree with you idea, I will say that if a person has patient and can hold his/her money in their wallet for longer time then they should have to hold as the image of bitcoin in the world business is going more better and its price will increase much faster.

Hire me for your campaign management
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 05:26:38 PM

I agree with you idea, I will say that if a person has patient and can hold his/her money in their wallet for longer time then they should have to hold as the image of bitcoin in the world business is going more better and its price will increase much faster.

That's a better option to hold long and earn good profit. At the same another important factor is that the price might vary in the forward or backward anytime. So to keep yourself on the safe side, its better to hold for limited time period than such a long holding and make decisions of buying and selling based on the price movement.
magemist

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 08:58:00 PM

Let's hope for a new ATH in next month so i can sell a few and buy a bigger house  Tongue

The ATH is the all time high. And it was established in 2013 when the price spiked to 1300.
Today everybody is waiting for this price to be achieved, although we are just at 50% of that.
Ah ok.. thanks for that explanation. Never would of thought of that acronym that way and thought it might be referring to something in a technical aspect. And all this time I thought the all time high was 1200 in 2013. That got me on the correct path now. Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: