Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:40:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PIO] Pioneershares - REBRANDED TO AMSTERDEX  (Read 82807 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 09:23:13 AM

After some investigating, it appears Luc send his coins from a forked wallet.. So they never arrived on the correct chain.. Maybe this caused yobit to go in maintenance mode too.. Who knows.. But this is very troublesome and very unfortunate for him.. That said, he did pledge his transaction as he should have.. The funding page did not add the transaction/amount since it was not found in the main chain.. So I will give him a chance to resync and resend the transaction(s).. This will delay the final calculations by ~1 day..

Please be patient and thank you for understanding..

I'm not sure if this is fair. If forked wallet was used then it's forked CHIP and not the one that was used for ICO, right?
How are you going to determine that the CHIP sent from forked wallet is the same CHIP coming from the coin's main blockchain?
This is similar to ETH/ETC, isn't it?

I think you dont undertand the issue "forked" here.. After a complete resync on the correct chain, his coins will be there in his wallet.. Since they we're never sent on the correct chain.. This is something completely different then ETH/ETC lol Wink

Ok then.
My understanding was: forked wallet means a wallet working on forked chain.
Be precise next time please. People are hypersensitive now with all this ETH/ETC mess

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Shkembe
Legendary

Activity: 1559
Merit: 1001

Epic Private Internet Cash

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 10:57:03 AM

After some investigating, it appears Luc send his coins from a forked wallet.. So they never arrived on the correct chain.. Maybe this caused yobit to go in maintenance mode too.. Who knows.. But this is very troublesome and very unfortunate for him.. That said, he did pledge his transaction as he should have.. The funding page did not add the transaction/amount since it was not found in the main chain.. So I will give him a chance to resync and resend the transaction(s).. This will delay the final calculations by ~1 day..

I am just curious if there is a finished wallet for PIO being released soon or are we going to have to do a coin swap in the future?
Just wait until tomorrow, there will be all necessary informations released.

Sory to hear that for the wrong chain. But this is Luc's problem. This isn't community problem and I am not agree with your decision. Any change in the ICO rueles affects negatively  on the entire platform.
You are developer, right but after the end of ICO this platform belongs to the comunity and it is very pity that you're trying to take this serious action with no even ask us.
Kisleav

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 11:09:03 AM

I am just curious if there is a finished wallet for PIO being released soon or are we going to have to do a coin swap in the future?

Sory to hear that for the wrong chain. But this is Luc's problem. This isn't community problem and I am not agree with your decision. Any change in the ICO rueles affects negatively  on the entire platform.
You are developer, right but after the end of ICO this platform belongs to the comunity and it is very pity that you're trying to take this serious action with no even ask us.

I don't find any problem with the dev decision, someone wanted to invest, he sent his chip and due to technicalities in the block chain, why should we abandon his effort, its not Luc's either, let him get a second chance.
Shkembe
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 11:13:33 AM

I don't find any problem with the dev decision, someone wanted to invest, he sent his chip and due to technicalities in the block chain, why should we abandon his effort, its not Luc's either, let him get a second chance.

There defenetely is a problem which affects each investor. Time of ICO was set earlier and I haven't see serious reason to change it no mater one or many investor have problem with sending funds.
notnormals

Activity: 362
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2016, 11:15:09 AM

What if the shoe was on the other foot? I don't see a real problem with it. Everything usually has a glitch or 2, dev is being open as to why. Ultimately, in my opinion, its the right thing to do and adds integrity to the dev for one.
tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 11:21:03 AM

Sory to hear that for the wrong chain. But this is Luc's problem. This isn't community problem and I am not agree with your decision. Any change in the ICO rueles affects negatively  on the entire platform.

There defenetely is a problem which affects each investor. Time of ICO was set earlier and I haven't see serious reason to change it no mater one or many investor have problem with sending funds.

I'd agree on allowing this, but only if the coins:
(1) were sent out within the time allowed for the round 2
AND
(2) were indeed the coins coming from CHIP's main blockchain and not forked coins being produced "out of nowhere"
Perryl

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 12:06:23 PM

Ahh, that sucks. Oh well, will check in tomorrow. Thanks for the update Banzai.

With a response like that. Is this even a community?
BanzaiBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Chipcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2016, 12:23:00 PM

Basicly there is no change in the ICO rules at all here.. As his transaction was already pledged within the timeframe.. The fact his coins we're sent through a forked wallet is something else, and you can't blame that on someone.. Kind of a big punishment to say "Bad luck dude", for something that is not his fault..

I really hope you can respect this decision, since I would've done the same for everyone else with a similair issue if they pledged their transaction within the timeframe..

coinbuyer2580

Activity: 276

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 01:10:41 PM

Basicly there is no change in the ICO rules at all here.. As his transaction was already pledged within the timeframe.. The fact his coins we're sent through a forked wallet is something else, and you can't blame that on someone.. Kind of a big punishment to say "Bad luck dude", for something that is not his fault..

I really hope you can respect this decision, since I would've done the same for everyone else with a similair issue if they pledged their transaction within the timeframe..

No worries on my end, it seems to me that some people are itching to get their hands on the token so they can dump it which is fine with me I regret not putting more BTC in this project so I will buy up a lot of those dumpers coins.
Shkembe
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 01:41:13 PM

There is no way to respect such sole decision. It had to be approved by the comunity first. It is to late to rely on this now. Tomorrow you can decide to add two more users to the signature campaign spreedshet, what could prevent this except the feeling that you are no longer alone! Sorry, this isn't comunity.
overthetop2011

Activity: 678

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 02:44:02 PM

Sory to hear that for the wrong chain. But this is Luc's problem. This isn't community problem and I am not agree with your decision. Any change in the ICO rueles affects negatively  on the entire platform.

I'd agree on allowing this, but only if the coins:
(1) were sent out within the time allowed for the round 2
AND
(2) were indeed the coins coming from CHIP's main blockchain and not forked coins being produced "out of nowhere"

Agree above.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 02:52:00 PM

As a Chipcoin holder and a Pioshare BTC investor I also give my vote/permission that @BanzaiBTC should fix Luc's issue.  As long as, the coins were sent prior to the close of the ICO I have no problem with them being added.  I know for a fact that anyone that had the same issue would be requesting the same type of customer service.  Anyone complaining is doing so out of a sense of selfishness and/or greed.  Just my two chips worth of opinion.

raphma

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 03:52:53 PM

well... he send in time, so im ok with dev decision.
dzejmsdin

Activity: 355

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 05:42:36 PM

I am also voting for accepting Luc's payment.
Apparently it was some glitch and I personally do not see any reason why
we should exlude him if there is an easy possibility of letting him in;-)
Taking into consideration also the high amount he wants to get involved in
its also an advantage as good projects simply need funds.

Brgds

dzejmsdin

▄▄█████████████▄▄
       ▄▄████████████████████
     ▄██  █  ██████████████  ███
   ▄████  █  ████████████   ██████
  ▄█████  █  ██████████   █████████
 ███████  █  ████████   ████████████
▄███████  █  ██████   ██████████████
████████  █  █████   ████████████████
████████  █  ███   █  ███████████████
████████  █  █   █  ██  █████████████
▀███████  █     ████  ██  ███████████
 ███████  █   ████████  ██  ████████
  ▀█████    ████████████  ██  █████
   ▀████  ████████████████  ██████
     ▀██ ███████████████████  ███
       ▀▀████████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀████████████▀▀

KURRENT

● GITHUB
● TWITTER
● SLACK
Godson_Mansa

Activity: 616
Merit: 503

@Mansa_Godson

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 06:21:20 PM

not only do i vote for LUC's coins to be accepted i also suggest that shekembe's ICO participation be revoked and his coins sent back to him.

how does that feel ?

http://MutualCapitalCrypto.com

Bitrated user: AltcoinGodson.
pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 07:04:28 PM

Shkembe, I respect your opinion but the last you should do is blame Banzai for this, as this has nothing to do with 'changing ICO rules.' Nothing has been changed and nothing will be changed, period. Instead, you should applaud Banzai for speaking about this matter publicly and trying to solve this issue.

However, I manage an investor group wallet which I pledged on the 27th of July, perfectly within the ICO timeframe. Apparently something went wrong with my submission and Banzai reached out to me - at the 28th of July - via email. Reason for seeing his message just yesterday is totally none of your business, but whatever, as you please: I lost someone very close to me. Hence I haven't touched my computer for 2-3 days, as you can probably imagine. (In case you don't believe me, there are numerous people who can confirm this.)

So, as soon as I read Banzai's message I responded to him to solve this matter, knowing the ICO was already closed. He asked me several questions to verify the transaction to make sure I wasn't fraudulent or had simply missed the ICO. Just like Banzai stated, it seemed I was running on a forked chain. Whatever the reason for this fork was, I have not the slightest clue. Luckily, after doing a full resync and reimporting my privkey, most of the coins were still there.

Ultimately we should be thankful for having such a helpful, transparent and god-honest dev like Banzai. As soon as Banzai noticed the issue, he informed the community sometime yesterday. At least have some respect for him as he's a decent and fair guy.

Amen.

EDIT:
Thank you to those who vouch for me, really appreciate it guys! Smiley
[/quote]

@LucD88 - I am truly sorry for your loss.  I hope you and your family find peace at this time.

ErikW79

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 07:05:04 PM

I do also vote for letting him inside, but I would give him a small punishment because had used different wallet which caused problems. Everyone makes some mistake.

boki15

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 08:36:59 PM

As first I have to give right to Shkembe. As second I support correct decision. It is wrong interpretation that someone should be taken his pledge away if it was not its fault. In my eyes, I support Shkembe in calling for explanation and on the same time it is reasonable what Banzai did. Banzai has no right to take these coins away only because technical issue and I can assure that I would not be silent if Banzai would ban his pledge, this is what would be against rules and would follow with bad reputation. Good that this is not the case.
coldfusion

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 10:17:34 PM

I support Banzai's decision to honor Luc's pledge .

Honesty and transparency is the most important thing here.
Shkembe
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 10:42:01 PM

I have a feeling that I talk with gang of morons. What I said is that dev should not take alone a decision  affects the whole community! There are too many people here with intelligence as of mid primat, so I prefer to leave this forum for now. I have no place among a flock of sheeps.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: