Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 01:55:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you wait for stability to buy in?  (Read 3325 times)
ehoffman

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 10:32:36 AM

If you want to do daytrading, you need some money reserve and you need to be willing to take some losses, without getting nervous and jumping ship. You need to stay calm, place your bet and see it work out or not. Otherwise you will just burn money with day trading.

If you only want to do some moderate trading, better go explicitly for a very simple strategy, like e.g. market following (e.g. go all in and all out whenever EMA 13 and EMA 21 cross). But don't jump around nervously and dont try to anticipate what's right behind the next corner.

If you want a still more conservative strategy, buy in cost averaging and just hold.

I've stopped doing daytrading...  to chaotic... and I'm too nervous!  Well, I started on my national exchange (Virtex Canada), but with 3% fees it was way too much, so I moved to Mt.Gox.  Even if I can't easily send/receive fiat from/to Canada, it's good if you just want to daytrade, volume-wise and fee-wise.  I can accept a loss and only get a scratch on my BTC count!

Meanwhile, I got my BTC back by trading some to LTC when it was 0.005, and bought back LTC->BTC the next day at 0.0075 Smiley  It continues to go higher, but I've stop touching LTC now, too volatile, too high!

Like my comments?  Cheer me up at 137s1qFV63M6SXWhKkwjaZKEeZX23pq1hw
Don't like my comments, donate to the BCRT (better comment research team) here at 1A1PbZypjEe7yanj69ApVS1FhK8UMW7Wdc Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: