Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:58:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 [489] 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 ... 1231 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | STRATIS | The first blockchain developed for businesses |Full POS  (Read 1890785 times)
ridewithme

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Follow me to the Profitland.

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 09:33:19 PM

How does the value of this coin increase?  What is this coin actually used for other than raising funds to pay themselves to develop the Stratis platform?  
Can anyone explain why this coin will be worth more tomorrow.  As I understand it this is an open source project and the chain this coin is on is just a bitcoin clone incorporating none of the technology that is said to be developed.  
Once this is finished https://github.com/stratisproject/StratisBitcoinFullNode what is the purpose of this coin?  It's obvious that this coin was merely a vehicle to raise funds and now is just like any other coin that people speculate on.  Even a completed project brings no actual value or use for this coin.  If it does please explain how.

It does not. It will only continue to come down and down till it is onthe floor, then the pumpers will buy in and will pump it eventually in a year or 2 or 3 whenever they decide the time is right.

I invested in ETH and made money, WAVES, made money, JEWELS made money, NXT made money, BTC made a lot of money!
Follow me and profit.
dleader

Activity: 592
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 09:36:26 PM

we literally had this discussion scam_exposer like pages worth on page 474-476
scam_exposer

Activity: 252

Keeping People Honest - Don't Get Scammed

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 09:45:26 PM

we literally had this discussion scam_exposer like pages worth on page 474-476
And almost twenty pages later not one legitimate answer to my questions.  If you can point one out please do.

99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of all ICO's are SCAMS
dleader

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 09:53:39 PM

I find it a little disingenuous you haven't joined the slack channel like ppl have mentioned and found out for yourself. It's been weeks, the information is all available.

It's the first line on the website. "We offer simple and affordable end-to-end solutions for development, testing and deployment of native C# blockchain applications on the .Net framework."

The team came from the .net C# space and believe they identified that there is a niche for offering custom block chains to real world companies. And they are pursuing that as we speak. This is the model of several of Crytpo's biggest coins ATM, filling in the space for corporation who need Dapps, BaaS and Contracts. It's a slow start but there is traction.

You and I discussed that you don't think this is a scam but maybe naive to think that business opportunity exists, you nor I as far as I know are not experts in the field. So it comes down to trusting the team, and taking a chance that what they have proposed will result in real world success.

Give the team time, you all expect world class products in two months.

http://stratisplatform.com
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 09:53:42 PM

It is so that lots of coins are scams and most turn out to be nothing. There have been thousands of failures.  Sometimes there are new ideas that people come forward with and try to put it in a coin and even if such a coin fails there is a bit that can be used elsewhere even if it is just an idea or a trigger.
dleader

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 09:58:26 PM

It is so that lots of coins are scams and most turn out to be nothing. There have been thousands of failures.  Sometimes there are new ideas that people come forward with and try to put it in a coin and even if such a coin fails there is a bit that can be used elsewhere even if it is just an idea or a trigger.

Yes it's a thing in crypto ppl don't talk about, the difference is we now have devs that have been in the space for years, that have learned A LOT. Ppl called any coin that doesn't make them $$ a scam, some simply don't make it some get FUDed into obscurity some bite off more than they can chew, some are run by kids.

Personally I think this one has a really good chance, at minimum they will be doing beta for large companies very soon then why not re-asses from that information.
malcovixeffect

Activity: 714
Merit: 266

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 10:00:39 PM

Yes it's a thing in crypto ppl don't talk about, the difference is we now have devs that have been in the space for years, that have learned A LOT. Ppl called any coin that doesn't make them $$ a scam, some simply don't make it some get FUDed into obscurity some bite off more than they can chew, some are run by kids.

Personally I think this one has a really good chance, at minimum they will be doing beta for large companies very soon then why not re-asses from that information.

if it was a scam, i was scammed legitimately. lmao!
458Italia

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 10:01:36 PM

lol @ the consistent FUDsters that come to legitimate projects in a futile attempt to discredit the work just to get cheaper coins.  This dev team has completed more in 6 months than most teams do in a year with more funds and more people.  The dedication of the team, and you FUDsters, shows this will be a project to watch in 2017.
dleader

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 10:07:08 PM

For the record Scam_exposer is hero in my eyes he has exposed some real D-Bags. he is not a FUDer in the traditional sense where he wants cheap coins, he legitimately believes he's doing good.

I just feel he's off in this regard and a small amount of discussion on his part with the team would show that they are busting their asses to go for the dream here.

But others here I won't even address are old school FUDers yup. No love for those fools!

jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 10:15:39 PM

I also want to see the devs make a success of this technology. I see Stratis and Waves in the same category. Stratis devs have much less capital to work with though that will require more effort to optimally use the limited resources as the cash flow risk will be higher. Waves have the luxury to splurge cash on the other hand. Id like to see the technology being efficient and practical even though in the end it will just be one piece in the bigger picture addressing one necessary component. Most of the recent ICOs have a part to play and each is trying to contribute its own piece to the bigger picture, solving a block in the big picture chain. This is very important.
Shy_Bladder

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 10:36:55 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2017, 02:30:32 AM by Shy_Bladder

How does the value of this coin increase?  What is this coin actually used for other than raising funds to pay themselves to develop the Stratis platform? 
Can anyone explain why this coin will be worth more tomorrow.  As I understand it this is an open source project and the chain this coin is on is just a bitcoin clone incorporating none of the technology that is said to be developed. 
Once this is finished https://github.com/stratisproject/StratisBitcoinFullNode what is the purpose of this coin?  It's obvious that this coin was merely a vehicle to raise funds and now is just like any other coin that people speculate on.  Even a completed project brings no actual value or use for this coin.  If it does please explain how.

Scam_exposer. I answered those questions the last time you asked. You never replied, and now you ask the same questions again. It makes me think you're either too lazy to read the replies people write, too sure 99.99999% of icos are scams making you not even bother to read the replies, or you're too incompetent to understand the content of the replies.

Don't take this wrong. I really believe you're offering value to the crypto world by exposing scams, and I really appreciate that. However it's kinda pathetic when I come with legitimate replies to your questions, inviting you to a discourse we both can learn from, but then you just go silent and come back three weeks later regurgitating the same stuff while whining over people not giving you legitimate answers. Really.

Anyways, below is the quote of the replies I gave to the similar questions you asked the last time you were here. The replies are quoted from the unofficial Stratis AMA on reddit.

Btw. I'm fully open to the fact that you might think the solution Stratis will utilize to create value for its investors might not work, and that businesses might rather copy the source code without using the Stratis sidechains and its services. Time will tell. That is not my point however. My point is that it's quite dishonest of you to say that nobody gives you legitimate replies when the opposite is true. So while I love your fight for honesty in the way you are exposing scams, I would appreciate if you applied that honesty here too.

So feel free to come with constructive criticism on the stuff below. We're all here to learn, and you're a great asset in the crypto community, so your viewpoint would be highly valued.

Who cares?  This is going to be open source.  Why would any entity use anything related to this coin?  They'll fork it and use it in house if they decide  to implement the technology.

Here's a quote regarding that question from the unofficial Stratis AMA on reddit:

“The first principle of Stratis is to make things easier on the business customers that they are targeting. So, if you are a company who decides they need a blockchain, or a blockchain app, you may not know anything about how to securely set up a blockchain, or what coin software to clone. Furthermore, you may have no idea what to do if there is a bug in your blockchain code. So you have a barrier to entry: you need to find and hire blockchain developers. Because this is a new field, you are going to have difficulty finding developers who are experienced in blockchain development in your area, and the ones you do find may be very expensive to hire. However, you probably as a company have some general c# developers that can understand basic bank account style operations - checking balance, sending money, receiving money.

Now, once you have chosen your blockchain software, you have to set up servers that run the software, and if they are insecure, someone could mess with your blockchain. If you build a blockchain that is mission critical, say a decentralized clearing house between two fintech companies, then this could have economic consequences if your blockchain setup has a security problem.
So given these risks and costs, it is appealing to have a product that promises to be secure and easy. Now you just pay some money and the blockchain is created for you with Stratis, and your developers can focus on building the application that uses the blockchain.
And yes, if you use Stratis, you'll have some example code that does some things that you need, and whenever Stratis releases new features, your sidechain will be able to pull those code changes in. So you let Stratis worry about developing new chain features and security of the blockchain, and you focus on your apps.”

How is there any value gained from this coin?  

Again I quote a reply from the AMA which answers a question similar to yours:

"The main purpose of Stratis is to make it easy for businesses to use the blockchain. The plan for this is to (1) use C# language, which is dominant in businesses, instead of c++ like bitcoin (2) make it so that businesses don't have to handle the details of setting up a blockchain because they can do it on a simple website (3) provide consultancy support, so that businesses have experts to turn to for help.

When they are successful at getting businesses to use the platform, the business will need to purchase Stratis to give value to the side chains that they want to create.
So right now there is a total of around 98 million Stratis in circulation. If a company wants to have a side chain with 1 million tokens on it, they need to have 1 million Stratis, they lock it, and these tokens are moved to the side chain. If the side chain remains running permanently, these tokens will be out of circulation permanently.
So, the point I am making is that the more businesses that create side chains, the less stratis there will be in circulation, which would create a scarcity effect.

This might result in a situation where every time a new business deal with Stratis and a new company is announced, the price of Stratis spikes in expectation of increased scarcity.
If you consider where the money is, alt coin investors is a small amount of money, but business deals can be a large amount of money, measuring in millions of dollars for technology based solutions."

If you want to read more from the AMA here is the link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/stratisplatform/comments/5fdmr4/ama_stratis_questions_and_answers_about_stratis/
DimiZb

Activity: 403

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 02:17:57 AM

lol @ the consistent FUDsters that come to legitimate projects in a futile attempt to discredit the work just to get cheaper coins.  This dev team has completed more in 6 months than most teams do in a year with more funds and more people.  The dedication of the team, and you FUDsters, shows this will be a project to watch in 2017.

Those guys who spread fud is sick, they need to see the doctors. FUD due to FOMO is a dicease
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 03:24:50 AM
Last edit: January 08, 2017, 03:50:33 AM by adhitthana

What possible incentive do they have to even bother with the existing chain?  Think about that.  That logic applies to all of the other open source platforms that these scammers are shilling.  Why use an existing chain when it's open source?  Answer that question.  You can't.  
Most, if not all companies outsource a lot of things today. Why would companies do everything "in house" in today's world?

It's much more efficient for companies to focus on their core business and outsource things requiring  expertise in areas outside their core work.

Take the ASX as an example. They have a huge IT department, but for blockchain solutions they outsourced to Digital Asset Holdings.

Also, no one knows in advance what business ideas will work. Starting a business involves taking some risks. But if the business does not work as planned that doesn't mean it was a "scam".
No one knows what blockchain technology will look like in 6 months, let alone a year or two, but if it does grow then it will probably be companies like Stratis that do well out of it. Though nothing is guaranteed of course.
Deanero

Activity: 324

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 04:20:03 AM

From Chris Trew, CEO,

Quick update on Ledger Wallet:

They have successfully integrated Stratis into their Ledger wallet offering. A test transaction was sent and received successfully.  You can see one of the Commits below. I believe we will see it pulled into the main repo in a matter of days.

https://github.com/LedgerHQ/ledger-wallet-chrome/commit/4fc98a02379ca7875590914c0b3b2742ef56284e

We will have a number of branded Stratis ledger wallets. We are also in discussions in regards to a fully branded package, Device, box, instruction manual etc

Pap0u

Activity: 644

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 05:14:01 AM

I'm not sure but logic tells me that the fact there are hardware wallets being made for Stratis means Strat tokens are going to be pretty pretty valuable in the near future. This shit is primed for another bull run

Deanero

Activity: 324

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 05:39:50 AM

I'm not sure but logic tells me that the fact there are hardware wallets being made for Stratis means Strat tokens are going to be pretty pretty valuable in the near future. This shit is primed for another bull run

Indeed, it would appear these guys mean business

trademark
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 07:55:30 AM

From Chris Trew, CEO,

They have successfully integrated Stratis into their Ledger wallet offering. A test transaction was sent and received successfully.  You can see one of the Commits below. I believe we will see it pulled into the main repo in a matter of days.

https://github.com/LedgerHQ/ledger-wallet-chrome/commit/4fc98a02379ca7875590914c0b3b2742ef56284e

We will have a number of branded Stratis ledger wallets. We are also in discussions in regards to a fully branded package, Device, box, instruction manual etc

This is huge! Stratis is the Future!
ninjabiz

Activity: 247

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 09:14:51 AM

From Chris Trew, CEO,

Why this is huge? Is the Ledger Wallet very famous liks coinbase or bitbay? If yes, it gonna be huge. Congrats Stratis team.
altcoinrich

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 01:58:40 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2017, 07:12:53 AM by altcoinrich

From Chris Trew, CEO,

They have successfully integrated Stratis into their Ledger wallet offering. A test transaction was sent and received successfully.  You can see one of the Commits below. I believe we will see it pulled into the main repo in a matter of days.

Why this is huge? Is the Ledger Wallet very famous liks coinbase or bitbay? If yes, it gonna be huge. Congrats Stratis team.

More people who want to buy bitcoin hardware wallet/device will know the existence of Stratis. It is one kind of media and community awareness and exposures. Since Stratis has C# bitcoin full nodes, and Ledger wallet implementation, besides tumblebit makes anonymous feature upon bitcoin core. Stratis will be the game changing player.
mitchr4
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1017

Join the world-leading crypto sportsbook NOW!

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 04:07:37 PM

Well, time to see what strat is made of. Honeymoon is over, decent size dump, and people calling scam... Going to be a long week. Hopefully we get some good news about prospective use cases, and interested businesses, otherwise it's looking gloomy.

▄▄███████▄███████▄▄▄
 █████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄
███████████████
       ▀▀███▄
███████████████
          ▀███
 █████████████
             ███
███████████▀▀               ███
███                         ███
███                         ███
 ███                       ███
  ███▄                   ▄███
   ▀███▄▄             ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀
         ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
░░░████▄▄▄▄
░▄▄░
▄▄███████▄▀█████▄▄
██▄████▌▐█▌█████▄██
████▀▄▄▄▌███░▄▄▄▀████
██████▄▄▄█▄▄▄██████
█░███████░▐█▌░███████░█
▀▀██▀░██░▐█▌░██░▀██▀▀
▄▄▄░█▀░█░██░▐█▌░██░█░▀█░▄▄▄
██▀░░░░▀██░▐█▌░██▀░░░░▀██
▀██
█████▄███▀▀██▀▀███▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
▄▄██████▄▄
▀█▀
█  █▀█▀
  ▄█  ██  █▄  ▄
█ ▄█ █▀█▄▄█▀█ █▄ █
▀▄█ █ ███▄▄▄▄███ █ █▄▀
▀▀ █    ▄▄▄▄    █ ▀▀
   ██████   █
█     ▀▀     █
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄ ██████▀▀██████ ▄
▄████████ ██ ████████▄
▀▀███████▄▄███████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
█████████████LEADING CRYPTO SPORTSBOOK & CASINO█████████████
MULTI
CURRENCY
1500+
CASINO GAMES
CRYPTO EXCLUSIVE
CLUBHOUSE
FAST & SECURE
PAYMENTS
..PLAY NOW!..
Pages: « 1 ... 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 [489] 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 ... 1231 »
  Print  

Jump to: