Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:46:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Smooth a Hypocrite ?  (Read 5092 times)
cryptosecurity (OP)

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 06:39:15 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2016, 07:14:11 PM by cryptosecurity

Smooth never bribed me and in fact he helped me and I am grateful, but I did put a lot of weight into his opinions:

smooth may I ask what is the incentive for you to promote steem? Are you now affiliated with the Larimers?

It is bizarre given when we first spoke about the state-of-altcoins some many moons ago in 2015, and I had stated that maybe Bitshares and Dan Larimer were credible and you tried to convince me that their mcap was all manipulation and to discourage me from taking them seriously.

Now suddenly you jump on their boat and I've noted you stated some where you were able to mine 1+% of the coins during the stealth mining phase.

I respected you and followed your lead to admonish ICOs, premines, instanmines, and I would assume that would include stealthmining launches. But in the end, all this did was mess up my own degrees-of-freedom to make my project come to fruition because I was trying to bend over backwards to find a way to fit into that impossible set of requirements. And now after all that, it ends up you don't even follow your own ethics.

Hey I am happy with letting the altcoin market be free of Sheriffs. So more power to your newly discovered ethics. I just feel slightly jaded for receiving bad advice from you. I am sorry to bring this out in public, and I must presume you have a good explanation. So I'll await to read your take on this. Thanks.

Is smooth - core member and one of the lead community managers of Monero - a hypocrite?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 06:54:19 PM

Lots miners mine most worth coin to mine and dump it to buy Monero or BTC.

What to mine you can find here: http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency
cryptosecurity (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 06:55:25 PM

G'day Febo. Wrong thread or on topic answer?
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 06:56:23 PM

G'day Febo. Wrong thread or on topic answer?

You dont know what you quoted/asked?

Miners mine what is most efficient for their electricity spent. Noone or rare mine BTC, but most hold BTC after they dump what they mined.
Shrikez

Activity: 399
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 06:58:22 PM

stop feeding the sock puppet troll

Die Würde des Menschen ist unantastbar
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 06:59:58 PM

Please quote me properly as it explains I appreciate smooth:

Smooth never bribed me and in fact he helped me and I am grateful, but I did put a lot of weight into his opinions:

smooth may I ask what is the incentive for you to promote steem? Are you now affiliated with the Larimers?

It is bizarre given when we first spoke about the state-of-altcoins some many moons ago in 2015, and I had stated that maybe Bitshares and Dan Larimer were credible and you tried to convince me that their mcap was all manipulation and to discourage me from taking them seriously.

Now suddenly you jump on their boat and I've noted you stated some where you were able to mine 1+% of the coins during the stealth mining phase.

I respected you and followed your lead to admonish ICOs, premines, instanmines, and I would assume that would include stealthmining launches. But in the end, all this did was mess up my own degrees-of-freedom to make my project come to fruition because I was trying to bend over backwards to find a way to fit into that impossible set of requirements. And now after all that, it ends up you don't even follow your own ethics.

Hey I am happy with letting the altcoin market be free of Sheriffs. So more power to your newly discovered ethics. I just feel slightly jaded for receiving bad advice from you. I am sorry to bring this out in public, and I must presume you have a good explanation. So I'll await to read your take on this. Thanks.

OP please correct your spelling of 'hypocrite' as you currently have 'hyprocite'.
cryptosecurity (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 07:15:32 PM

You dont know what you quoted/asked?

Miners mine what is most efficient for their electricity spent. Noone or rare mine BTC, but most hold BTC after they dump what they mined.
Sir, excuse me, maybe you have difficulties to grasp the English language. This thread is not really about mining. It asks a simple question.

Please quote me properly as it explains I appreciate smooth:
<--->
OP please correct your spelling of 'hypocrite' as you currently have 'hyprocite'.
Sorry, iamnotback. Fixed.
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 08:23:39 PM

Hmmmm.... two newbie accounts.  Grin
I think the new sock puppets are the problem not Smooth.

Some poor sad losers have nothing better to do than open new accounts and post crap like this.

Seriously...what sort of losers go to all the trouble to open new accounts to do this?
iamnotback

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 08:26:24 PM

Hmmmm.... two newbie accounts.  Grin
I think the new sock puppets are the problem not Smooth.

Some poor sad losers have nothing better to do than open new accounts and post crap like this.

Some people only know how to hurl insults instead of waiting for smooth to answer a legitimate question.

You know damn well who I am and that I have Legendary status on BCT, i.e. I am higher in seniority than you.
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 08:31:05 PM

You know damn well who I am and that I have Legendary status on BCT, i.e. I am higher in seniority than you.
I have no idea who you are and you have no legendary status and only 21 posts apparently
iamnotback

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 08:32:23 PM

I have no idea who you are and you have no legendary status and only 21 posts apparently

Read my posts and learn who I am.
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 08:37:44 PM

Why not use these forums to do something useful for the community and contribute rather than for some ill conceived personal vendetta?

Just get over it and move on
iamnotback

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 08:39:23 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2016, 09:06:12 PM by iamnotback

Why not use these forums to do something useful for the community and contribute rather than for some ill conceived personal vendetta?

Just get over it and move on

A question about smooth's thought process is relevant to whether I would continue to value his opinion. Which may have great relevance to future endeavors, or may not. I am perplexed why he advised all of us to avoid instamines and attacked Dash so fiercely and even tried to talk me out of thinking that there was significant real economics in altcoin projects, and then it seems he is wrong with The DAO amassing $168 million and then he himself mining a stealth mine taking an advantage over others.

I just want to understand where is the consistency. Recently (before I knew smooth was mining Steemit), I decided on my own volition to stop the "holier than thou" attitude. I am curious did he have the same revelation and why?

I am just a tad bit jaded also because he knows I am working on JAMBOX a decentralized social networking and then he goes and throws his efforts to promote Steemit. And especially after he had basically talked me out of thinking that Bitshares might be a credible team to partner with. I had in 2015 thought about maybe my best direction was to start talking with Bitshares and in fact I did make one post over there offering to implement my Zero Knowledge Transactions for them. But that is okay. I love the competition. Gives me even more motivation.

I am confident smooth has no ill intentions. I am just curious about his response. And also I think he should not be able to have it both ways. He should choose.

Smooth has always been about honest disclosure. So I am just asking him to make a little bit of disclosure on this. So that I and others are not confused.

I think he has every right to mine and promote what ever he wants to. I would applaud him stating he respects that everyone else should also have that same free will and we don't need any sheriffs in the altcoin discussion. I expect though he is somewhat conflicted. So I am curious to read his response.

He will perhaps try to argue that a stealth mine is a free market and thus is not the same deception as an instamine. I will say bullocks, they are all free market activities. You are either a Libertarian or you aren't. Choose.

Legality is a different issue. But except for The DAO (and DAOs) where the legal risk seems to involve all participants, that legal risk appears to apply mostly only to the insiders and maybe the promoters.
somacoin

Activity: 497
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2016, 08:43:39 PM

If you don't know AnonyMint/Shelby what have you been doing on Bitcointalk son? Date Registered November 09, 2013, 02:39:34 AM and never heard of him seems very strange to me. Have you bought the account from someone else or are you not into any tech discussions?
Moneroman88

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 09:04:12 PM

Smooth is not a hypocrite.

Smooth certainly is not a hypocrite. He's a honest and trustworthy dude who won't refrain from speaking out.

iamnotback certainly knows that smooth is one of the good ones and that his opinions are interesting and important.
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2016, 09:06:06 PM

Hypocrite?  Who cares. 

Corrupt scammer?  Definitely. Hypocrite? Who knows or cares

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 09:07:11 PM

If you don't know AnonyMint/Shelby what have you been doing on Bitcointalk son? Date Registered November 09, 2013, 02:39:34 AM and never heard of him seems very strange to me. Have you bought the account from someone else or are you not into any tech discussions?

I take a great interest in cryptos both here and elsewhere and I'd prefer to see the forum used for different purposes than personal attacks from sockpuppet accounts that's all.

From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 09:11:21 PM

I would like to take the opportunity to answer the thread's simple question with a simple answer:

Monero

~CfA~

adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 09:12:57 PM

I just want to understand where is the consistency.
Maybe he changed his mind. Maybe he doesn't see any inconsistency?

Smooth has always been about honest disclosure. So I am just asking him to make a little bit of disclosure on this. So that I and others are not confused.

Why does it matter whether you are confused. And why would your confusion be someone elses fault?

Maybe it's just me...I don't really care whether anyone is consistent (I hope) except for me.
I don't expect people in Crypto to be some kind of gods. They change their minds , they make mistakes, ...not really any of my business.

Question: Are you also posting under the handle "cryptosecurity" is that you also?  just asking
iamnotback

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 09:15:31 PM

I take a great interest in cryptos both here and elsewhere and I'd prefer to see the forum used for different purposes than personal attacks from sockpuppet accounts that's all.

smooth was attacking Dash fiercely and even incited numerous others to follow his lead such as myself, generalizethis, etc..

If he can dish it out, then he can also be subject to a community inquiry on why suddenly stealth mining is acceptable but instamining is not.

He wasn't going about his personal business. He has been ramming his ethics down everyone else's throat.

I just want to understand where is the consistency.

Why does it matter whether you are confused. And why would your confusion be someone elses fault?

Because he made himself a public figure and outspoken on ethics.

Thus he signed up for the same scrutiny he also dished out to others.

Why are you defending him? Are you a Monero person? Is smooth not capable of answering for himself?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: