Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 06:44:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Smooth a Hypocrite ?  (Read 5092 times)
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 09:18:02 PM

I take a great interest in cryptos both here and elsewhere and I'd prefer to see the forum used for different purposes than personal attacks from sockpuppet accounts that's all.

smooth was attacking Dash fiercely and even incited numerous others to follow his lead such as myself, generalizethis, etc..
Why not make your own decisions rather than blaming Smooth?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 09:20:54 PM

I take a great interest in cryptos both here and elsewhere and I'd prefer to see the forum used for different purposes than personal attacks from sockpuppet accounts that's all.

smooth was attacking Dash fiercely and even incited numerous others to follow his lead such as myself, generalizethis, etc..

I have made my own decision.

Why are you deflecting the entire point of what I wrote in order to protect your beloved Monero:

If he can dish it out, then he can also be subject to a community inquiry on why suddenly stealth mining is acceptable but instamining is not.

He wasn't going about his personal business. He has been ramming his ethics down everyone else's throat.

I just want to understand where is the consistency.
Smooth has always been about honest disclosure. So I am just asking him to make a little bit of disclosure on this. So that I and others are not confused.

Why does it matter whether you are confused. And why would your confusion be someone elses fault?

Because he made himself a public figure and outspoken on ethics.

Thus he signed up for the same scrutiny he also dished out to others.

Why are you defending him? Are you a Monero person? Is smooth not capable of answering for himself?
MadCow

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 09:22:40 PM

smooth is making some money, if he wasn't affiliated with the devs there's no problem, he just got lucky to hear about the launch before the crowd
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 09:23:21 PM

I have made my own decision.

Why are you deflecting the entire point of what I wrote in order to protect your beloved Monero:

I don't own any Monero. As I have indicated here. I have owned some but only to trade and make BTC. I've stated that on here before
iamnotback

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 09:23:42 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2016, 09:44:01 PM by iamnotback

smooth is making some money, if he wasn't affiliated with the devs there's no problem, he just got lucky to hear about the launch before the crowd

Dash insiders were just making some money also. That didn't stop smooth from fiercely attacking their reputation.

Btw, I heard about Dan Larimer's plan to stealth mine when he first published the blog post about using such a technique to launch and avoid legal issues of ICOs. I believe I was the one who mentioned it to smooth because of the communication between us about legality and ethics of ICOs and distribution schemes. I did not mine Steemit.
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 09:25:08 PM

adhitthana I never saw you in the Altcoin Discussions before.

why come here now? just curious

~CfA~

adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 09:26:16 PM

~CfA~

I don't get on here much any more.

Added in edit:
 I'm not affiliated with any coin. I buy some from tine to time. I've bought a few newer coins this week. But I sold most altcoins I held a little while ago.

Disclosure. I do own a little over 100,000 Aeon which is about the same number I bought at Poloniex years ago. So I bought into them before Smooth was involved. They gone up and now back down.... m'eh.

They didn't cost me much. I bought most when they got dumped when the coin folded at Poloniex., They were pretty cheap IIRC.

From Above

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 09:27:03 PM

~CfA~

I don't get on here much any more

Okay I can relate to that

I'm gone for months at times too

~CfA~

MadCow

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 09:31:42 PM

Dash insiders were just making some money also. That didn't stop smooth from fiercely attacking their reputation.

if the launch was public knowledge, and there was no funny business with changing coin supply, or some people had access to better miners etc, then it's OK IMO

DASH was a conspiracy, this just looks like a stealth mine, so if anyone was lucky enough to get on early good luck to them. It doesn't meet my requirements for a good investment though, but it doesn't look corrupt. A good launch it wasn't, but that's not smooth's fault
iamnotback

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 09:33:39 PM

if the launch was public knowledge, and there was no funny business with changing coin supply, or some people had access to better miners etc, then it's OK IMO

DASH was a conspiracy, this just looks like a stealth mine, so if anyone was lucky enough to get on early good luck to them. It doesn't meet my requirements for a good investment though, but it doesn't look corrupt. A good launch it wasn't, but that's not smooth's fault

I say bullocks on your arbitrary distinction:

I think he has every right to mine and promote what ever he wants to. I would applaud him stating he respects that everyone else should also have that same free will and we don't need any sheriffs in the altcoin discussion. I expect though he is somewhat conflicted. So I am curious to read his response.

He will perhaps try to argue that a stealth mine is a free market and thus is not the same deception as an instamine. I will say bullocks, they are all free market activities. You are either a Libertarian or you aren't. Choose.

Legality is a different issue. But except for The DAO (and DAOs) where the legal risk seems to involve all participants, that legal risk appears to apply mostly only to the insiders and maybe the promoters.

Stealth mining is like hiding the prospectus if you want to compare it to investment norms.

Either you have fair and wide distribution or you don't. But I say ethics has nothing to do with it. Choose which forms of distribution you think make the most sense business wise. Ethics just drags us in the arbitrary mud slinging.
MadCow

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 09:37:05 PM

I say bullocks on your arbitrary distinction:

I think he has every right to mine and promote what ever he wants to. I would applaud him stating he respects that everyone else should also have that same free will and we don't need any sheriffs in the altcoin discussion. I expect though he is somewhat conflicted. So I am curious to read his response.

He will perhaps try to argue that a stealth mine is a free market and thus is not the same deception as an instamine. I will say bullocks, they are all free market activities. You are either a Libertarian or you aren't. Choose.

Legality is a different issue. But except for The DAO (and DAOs) where the legal risk seems to involve all participants, that legal risk appears to apply mostly only to the insiders and maybe the promoters.

Stealth mining is like hiding the prospectus if you want to compare it to investment norms.

your opinion if perfectly valid, the steem launch was a dud ... is that something smooth needs to take responsibility for? I think he might agree the steem launch was less than ideal, but he can still participate, nothing in crypto is even close to ideal these days
From Above

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 09:38:21 PM

your opinion if perfectly valid, the steem launch was a dud ... is that something smooth needs to take responsibility for?

yes absolutely cuz he called anyone who did something similar to be criminals, basically told them to gtfo

so he is absolutely guilty if he did the same. wouldnt be a very smooth attitude.

~CfA~

iamnotback

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 09:39:55 PM

your opinion if perfectly valid, the steem launch was a dud ... is that something smooth needs to take responsibility for? I think he might agree the steem launch was less than ideal, but he can still participate, nothing in crypto is even close to ideal these days

Either you have fair and wide distribution or you don't. But I say ethics has nothing to do with it. Choose which forms of distribution you think make the most sense business wise. Ethics just drags us in the arbitrary mud slinging.
J1mb0

Activity: 983
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 09:50:49 PM

Right there is basically the only ammunition Smooth needs to bleat SCAM! SCAM! SCAM! about any other coin in which he is not a bag holder.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
MadCow

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 09:56:05 PM

In a way this is similar to the 73 NXT initial investors ... big gain, not a scam, not their fault. If the 'market' desires the steem or NXT products so be it .. it isn't the investors who decide the parameters.

DASH was a scam ... steem and NXT just had bad launches, and maybe bad enough for them to fail
MadCow

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 09:57:41 PM

your opinion if perfectly valid, the steem launch was a dud ... is that something smooth needs to take responsibility for?

yes absolutely cuz he called anyone who did something similar to be criminals, basically told them to gtfo

so he is absolutely guilty if he did the same. wouldnt be a very smooth attitude.

~CfA~

DASH had scam elements beyond the stealth mine, and that's what I've seen smooth attacking them for
iamnotback

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 10:02:03 PM

~CfA~

DASH had scam elements beyond the stealth mine, and that's what I've seen smooth attacking them for

Stop with the arbitrary ethics. No one can define scam unambiguously. This is not church. Are you a Libertarian who believes people can be responsible for their own decisions or do you advocate a NannyState here in altcoin land?

It will cut down on a lot of needless and useless verbal diarrhoea if we stick to discussions about technology, marketing, speculation and stop trying to win by attacking each other with mud slinging.

Everyone should be free to state their opinion, but incessantly battering our opinion on others is oppressive and leads to a lot of useless arguing.

Also when someone doesn't walk their own talk, they should probably not be surprised if they suffer a credibility crisis.

So I will try to STFU now and await smooth's response, if any.
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 10:32:44 PM

Iamnotback...are you also posting as "cryptosecurity"?
Did you start this thread?...just asking
From Above

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 10:36:47 PM

Iamnotback...are you also posting as "cryptosecurity"?
Did you start this thread?...just asking

No. He's not posting as "cryptosecurity" and he didn't start the thread.

~CfA~

MadCow

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 10:42:34 PM

So I will try to STFU now and await smooth's response, if any.

so will I ...
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: