Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:22:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Please dont let bitcoinstore fail, your action is needed just about now.  (Read 24191 times)
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 05:43:34 PM

I still see the huge shipping costs to Europe as biggest obstacle for the success.

This shipping cost basically cut away ~50% of potential customers.

Even a temporary solution could give Bitcoinstore a huge push.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 05:55:38 PM

I would like to make a few clarifications in regards to Bitcoin store.

8. When will you open a warehouse in Europe so people can buy with normal shipping costs and avoid the extra taxes (20-35%) that are imposed on top of the final price due to EU protectionism? Smiley

Signature space available for rent.
Reckman

Activity: 711
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 06:19:00 PM

This is crazy....bitcoin is still in its infancy and does not have the user base to support these numbers. We should not be blindly supporting this shotgun tactic.  Bitcoin is the free market at its greatest, we should only support businesses when they provide a service that we want better or cheaper than someone else. No other reasons period. If not we will  only be support a poorly run business with an unsustainable business model. They will just keep coming back for more, how many flash drives are you willing to buy.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 06:28:22 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2013, 06:38:37 PM by psy

A european warehouse would be nice indeed 24% vat in my neck of the woods.

An European warehouse would not solve the 24% VAT problem, in fact it would only guarantee that you pay it.
Ordering from the US maybe you still have the chance of it not being stopped by customs and not charged with VAT.
Maybe in your country nothing enters without going trough customs, but where I live 70% of the time I order something from the US it comes straight to my house with no customs payments whatsoever because it didn't even stopped there.
But, I'm not ordering from them because the shipping cost is very expensive and makes the prices almost the same as the prices of a regular european store with shipping and VAT included. Now with the added risk of it stopping in customs and me being charged 23% VAT on the merchandise+shipping, well, you see it's not worth it at all, and you must be in the same situation as me.
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 06:30:46 PM

Well, yeah, the warehouse itself is not enough if the products would have to be shipped from US to EU. The products are shipped from China to US, so they would need to be shipped from China to EU.

jwzguy

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 06:36:55 PM

This is crazy....bitcoin is still in its infancy and does not have the user base to support these numbers. We should not be blindly supporting this shotgun tactic.  Bitcoin is the free market at its greatest, we should only support businesses when they provide a service that we want better or cheaper than someone else. No other reasons period. If not we will  only be support a poorly run business with an unsustainable business model. They will just keep coming back for more, how many flash drives are you willing to buy.

They sell 500,000 different things, not just flash drives. While it's hard to estimate the userbase, some estimates are over a million users. So, I think we do have the user-base.

I can't speak for everyone but I am NOT "blindly" supporting anything. I love having a large online store with competitive pricing. I occasionally buy many of the things they sell, previously from Newegg or Amazon. If Amazon/Newegg starting losing a noticable amount of business to BitcoinStore, they will have to start accepting Bitcoin. This is big, that would be huge.

I don't think this reaction from people makes much sense....I guess it's from the dramatic wording of the OP. OP, I agree with your sentiment but I think you chose the wrong way to go about it.

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 06:45:47 PM

I would like to make a few clarifications in regards to Bitcoin store.

1.  $850K is the Quarterly target in order to stay in the best pricing tier.

2.  If Bitcoinstore.com doesn't reach this goal,  it will continue in businesses,  but with slightly higher prices.

3. I'm aware that the site still needs a lot of polishing,  specifically regarding the searching and filtering options.

4. The goal widget on the fron't page doesn't currently update automatically,  but you can monitor our progress at http://blockchain.info/address/1JqjoFF8QZwidrTbfnihGHDeu16pbLia1q

5. I previously negotiated with the distributor to let us start off with the best price tier for Q1 2013.
Everything with the Developers has taken MUCH longer than planed.  Time was running out, so I had to launch the site before it was truly ready in order to have any chance of meeting the sales target for this quarter.

6. I think if we can hit close to $300K,  I will have a good chance of getting the distributor to allow us to continue in the best price tier since 98% of the sales will have been from March.

7.  If you are a professional Magento developer and would like to help with Bitcoinstore.com  (Search,  Filters,  data import, etc)  Please contact me.
(You will be paid in BTC)

With everyone's help, Bitcoin is well on it's way to changing the world for the better!

I won't be back until 3 is addressed.  I tried to find two very basic things, got frustrated and gave up.  You would have been $300 closer to your goal if I could have found what I was looking for.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
grantbdev

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 07:43:38 PM

I just ordered an USB keyboard...it was so cheap! The shipping actually cost more than the keyboard haha. I think it's important to keep the coins flowing in an actual economy of goods, which is why I decided to support the website even though I doubt they'll reach their target.

Don't use BIPS!
philips

Activity: 700

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 07:51:35 PM

It´s funny you know...back in the days of Alpaca socks we dreamed about a site like this. If only we could have a store to buy all kind of things with BTC...hehe...

Insu Dra

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 08:20:20 PM

A european warehouse would be nice indeed 24% vat in my neck of the woods.

An European warehouse would not solve the 24% VAT problem, in fact it would only guarantee that you pay it.

The only reason I (and most eu businesses) will not buy hardware from outside of eu zone is because in most cases I (they) can't deduct the 'vat' added by customs from my (there) vat account. An eu front would definitely add b2b possibilities within eu zone to the store.

"drugs, guns, and gambling for anyone and everyone!"
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2013, 09:51:38 PM

Sadly I really don't see them hitting their target by March 31st. Best of luck to them although.

mccorvic

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 10:03:35 PM

I do know that the dollar amount on the front page for their goal hasn't changed since Friday morning.  I find it hard to believe no one has bought anything since then Tongue

That said, I did buy a wireless headset from them a few days ago and should get here on Monday.  I've bought a handful of other things from them over the last few months and have always been happy.  I really do hope they succeed!  I would buy more, but there honestly isn't anything I need/want right now Sad

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 10:28:22 PM

I do know that the dollar amount on the front page for their goal hasn't changed since Friday morning.  I find it hard to believe no one has bought anything since then Tongue

Look here.

Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2013, 11:27:20 PM

My experience is that everytime I looked at the selection I was discusted with overpriced stuff,  They won't be able to convince people their store is cheap if the first thing that show up in laptop are WYSE at ~700$  (wyse are used only in businesses)

The harddrive section has at the very top, HP 146GB drive for 340$ (SSD ANYONE Huh)

To sum up, While the selection and price is good, the store is literally flooded with item with a very poor quality/price ratio

Description and near non-exitent for most items, http://bitcoinstore.com/brother-webcam-usb-2-0.html (no picture, no model ?)
When clicking the Webcam section, I want to see microsoft Studio and logitech C920  at the top otherwise sort by cheapest to show noname crap.
http://bitcoinstore.com/microsoft-lifecam-5wh-00002-webcam-usb-2-0.html Huh I can't even tell if it's Lifecam studio or cinema, only meaniful detail is not "1080p ect" it's "CMOS sensor" Huh, why even bother.

There is a lot of improvement to be made, I hope they set-up something so we get more meaningful descriptions soon.
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 07:51:47 AM

i'm not buying because simply, I don't *need* anything right now.
would love some amazon shoppin' for BTC, tho.
Herodes

Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 02:25:22 PM

Not sure if the primary market is the US or also Europe, if the latter, then knowing what happends in cases of DOA and warranty/repair cases would be interesting, who pays and so on. If the consumer has to pay, then the consumer will rather buy locally.
Herodes

Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 08:31:13 PM

As it happened, I had the need for a new HW product, so I made an order with BitcoinStore today.

I have no idea how it will work out with DOA and warranty issues, so hopefully there will be no issues!
bitlybit

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 08:35:00 PM

i rather hold my bitcoins it will rise in value  Grin
Mosper

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 09:57:52 PM

Would have made too much sense to build the site and then start talking with suppliers about deals and rates I guess. It's nobody's fault but your own. "I had to make the goal for Q1 to keep the prices so I launched before it was ready" is not a valid excuse when you should have never been talking to suppliers in the first place without a functional system for your customers to use. Nobody with any sense should be going out of their way to support what is essentially an Amazon cargo cult.

Me? I'm just the cynical voice floating in the sea of unchecked optimism.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 10:07:01 PM

Would have made too much sense to build the site and then start talking with suppliers about deals and rates I guess. It's nobody's fault but your own. "I had to make the goal for Q1 to keep the prices so I launched before it was ready" is not a valid excuse when you should have never been talking to suppliers in the first place without a functional system for your customers to use. Nobody with any sense should be going out of their way to support what is essentially an Amazon cargo cult.

Shit dude. How dare you, coming here and starting to say things that make sense?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: