Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 07:37:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Please dont let bitcoinstore fail, your action is needed just about now.  (Read 24194 times)
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 10:18:28 PM

some more research, then i'm probably gonna buy a label printer and some usb sticks.
mccorvic

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 10:19:29 PM

Would have made too much sense to build the site and then start talking with suppliers about deals and rates I guess. It's nobody's fault but your own. "I had to make the goal for Q1 to keep the prices so I launched before it was ready" is not a valid excuse when you should have never been talking to suppliers in the first place without a functional system for your customers to use. Nobody with any sense should be going out of their way to support what is essentially an Amazon cargo cult.

You seem to be more mad than the situation warrants.  People go out of their way to support things they believe in all the time.  From buying local and organic produce to registering on some web forum about a digital currency.  While you are correct that things should of been more polished website you can't really get super mad at them for trying and mad at people who are trying to actively support people who are supporting BTC.

I'd be willing to pay a slightly higher cost on items if I was allowed to pay in BTC, it just so happens that thus far everything I've needed from the bitcoinstore has been cheaper than anywhere else.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
bitlybit

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 10:25:45 PM

Would have made too much sense to build the site and then start talking with suppliers about deals and rates I guess. It's nobody's fault but your own. "I had to make the goal for Q1 to keep the prices so I launched before it was ready" is not a valid excuse when you should have never been talking to suppliers in the first place without a functional system for your customers to use. Nobody with any sense should be going out of their way to support what is essentially an Amazon cargo cult.

You seem to be more mad than the situation warrants.  People go out of their way to support things they believe in all the time.  From buying local and organic produce to registering on some web forum about a digital currency.  While you are correct that things should of been more polished website you can't really get super mad at them for trying and mad at people who are trying to actively support people who are supporting BTC.

I'd be willing to pay a slightly higher cost on items if I was allowed to pay in BTC, it just so happens that thus far everything I've needed from the bitcoinstore has been cheaper than anywhere else.

haha like me you dont wanna spend bitcoin wanna hold bitcoin because value of bitcoin go up only spending is no good idea  only if you wanna regret later you sold bitcoin
Mosper

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 10:28:06 PM

That would be a better comparison if the local/organic produce was stored in a landfill and all just piled up and it was up to me to manually sort through all the literal shit in order to find my dozen oranges and the produce "store" owner was all "Well I got a really good price on the fruit and veggies so I had to hurry up and make a store for them and this is the best I could do on such short notice" and then told me that in order to improve the situation at the store and lower the amount of fecal matter mixed in with my selection of randomly piled fruit/veggies that I had to spend 3.2million dollars a year on his products.

Me? I'm just the cynical voice floating in the sea of unchecked optimism.
mccorvic

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 11:09:45 PM

That would be a better comparison if the local/organic produce was stored in a landfill and all just piled up and it was up to me to manually sort through all the literal shit in order to find my dozen oranges and the produce "store" owner was all "Well I got a really good price on the fruit and veggies so I had to hurry up and make a store for them and this is the best I could do on such short notice" and then told me that in order to improve the situation at the store and lower the amount of fecal matter mixed in with my selection of randomly piled fruit/veggies that I had to spend 3.2million dollars a year on his products.

Yea, you mad.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
Mosper

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 11:33:43 PM

Why would I be mad? I am just pointing out how incredibly poorly/stupidly this project has been handled.

mccorvic

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 12:30:28 AM

Why would I be mad? I am just pointing out how incredibly poorly/stupidly this project has been handled.

Because not only do you care, but foaming at the mouth hard to read your posts care.  Or maybe you're just trolling?

Mosper

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 12:35:13 AM

I think you're just misinterpreting the tone of my posts. I have taken an academic and somewhat financial interest in bitcoins and the community and this is a discussion board so I am discussing. If anything I find the idea of securing a price deal based on volume of sales when you don't even have a functional store or any idea what your market is going to end up being hilariously incompetent. Are you familiar with the concept of cargo cults? That is exactly what this is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cargo_cult

None of the work or research is done to see why/how places like Amazon/Newegg were successful (unlike the who knows how many ones that flopped in a similar fashion to this one) and just kind of going through the motions of the parts of the process they can see and assuming everything else will just happen.

MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1155

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2013, 12:38:05 AM

I am just pointing out how incredibly poorly/stupidly this project has been handled.

If you don't like my website,  rather than bashing it,  go out and make something better!
Please!

Mosper

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 12:40:31 AM

I am not capable of building a website that could compete or even compare to Amazon and I don't have your kind of money to have others do it for me. I am aware of that though and would not even try. If your goal really is as intended (built to fail/show amazon etc) then that is commendable but you should have handled it much better because this genuinely screams incompetent. I have some experience with Magento though if you give me an idea of what you need done I can try to help for some BTC as I have a need for them for my own little business I'm trying to start (the supplier I'm going to buy from is giving accepting BTC a try and I want to strike while it's hot/before they change their mind). I work with it every day (but not only it I just work for a very large webhost and lots of our customers use it).

I am not really a developer in the sense that I develop for a living but I do full support/administration of linux/windows (Don't like windows though) servers for a living. This includes assisting with and troubleshooting/modifying things like drupal, joomla, magento, wordpress, whmcs, zencart etc. If you need a developer/admin type role filled I can likely be of assistance.

LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2013, 01:06:31 AM

I'll buy some stuff if anyone wants to give me some coin for the cause. I'm bitbroke.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
Vitalik Buterin

Activity: 330
Merit: 397

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 12:04:49 PM

[/quote]haha like me you dont wanna spend bitcoin wanna hold bitcoin because value of bitcoin go up only spending is no good idea  only if you wanna regret later you sold bitcoin
[/quote]

Here's an idea. Well, actually three ideas.

1. Buy more bitcoins as soon as you spend them.
2. Convince your employer to pay you part of your salary in BTC and spend that.
3. If you're so confident about the future direction of the price put the bitcoins you already have on leverage.

Argumentum ad lunam: the fallacy that because Bitcoin's price is rising really fast the currency must be a speculative bubble and/or Ponzi scheme.
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 05:08:39 PM

As it happened, I had the need for a new HW product, so I made an order with BitcoinStore today.

I have no idea how it will work out with DOA and warranty issues, so hopefully there will be no issues!

Just got the message that the product is shipped yesterday, so then I'll just sit tight and wait!
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 05:48:32 PM

Bitcoinstore user review:

After extensive research I was recently pricing a specific model AIO laser printer and thought to check the prices here compared to the usual online fiat vendors(newegg, amazon, microcenter, etc...) and as it turned out bitcoinstore was a bit cheaper than the cheapest fiat vendor(newegg) so I decided to go ahead with the order.

I immediately had trouble paying for the item in my cart because I did not yet have an account and whenever I tried to enter all the data to create one, I was getting sent back to the cart page and all my progress was wiped out. I did this twice and then sent an email to support, went back and created an account first, logged in and then made my purchase. By the time I had created an account, bitcoinstore support had already contacted me with inquiries about the nature of my complaint. They were very pleasant and responsive to deal with and said they'd look into the specific problem, which may or may not be specific to chrome.

So minor hassle resolved, this 40lbs package with free shipping was ordered at 7:30PM EST March 12(Tuesday). The vendor acknowledged receipt of my order at 7:33PM via email. On Wed(3/13) I received a fedex tracking number. I was surprised such a heavy package was already processed and shipped within 24hrs, very impressive. Just about 20mins ago Fedex delivered the package exactly as ordered. Some 40hrs after I placed my order I HAVE IT, and this with a 40lbs bulky box and free shipping!

This is better than newegg order processing efficiency and if these guys can scale their business and maintain this level of service I will be a regular customer.

Very well done BitcoinStore, very well done indeed. Smiley

malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 06:11:18 PM

So they made about $35k in 4 days if the sales continue at the same rate they should reach about $700k, close enough to the $850k goal to maintain the same prices:

6. I think if we can hit close to $300K,  I will have a good chance of getting the distributor to allow us to continue in the best price tier since 98% of the sales will have been from March.

Signature space available for rent.
Hal
VIP

Activity: 314
Merit: 3903

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 07:59:01 PM

I made an order from BitcoinStore, a high end HP laptop for my research into strengthening Bitcoin wallets with Trusted Computing. It was about $1000. Unfortunately the site crashed for several hours just after I sent my bitcoins in but before I could complete the order. I contacted customer service after the site came up, and they were very helpful. They entered my order manually, and I got an email that the order had been received. I didn't get any further response, however. I waited a week and emailed cs again. They were very apologetic and assured me they'd take care of it. To my surprise, the next morning I got a delivery and it was the laptop! It's working great.

So the store has some growing pains but customer service will take care of you. My one disappointment was that the package came from MemoryDealers and not BitcoinStore. That would have been cool.

Hal Finney
grantbdev

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 08:12:17 PM

My shiny new keyboard arrived in less than three days from the order - much faster than I expected. It was a great value and I would definitely buy from them again.

Don't use BIPS!
Isokivi (OP)

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2013, 05:17:16 PM

Bump. Because I want to see this happen. From 12 to 27% so far.

Bitcoin trinkets now on my online store: btc trinkets.com <- Bitcoin Tiepins, cufflinks, lapel pins, keychains, card holders and challenge coins.
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 05:36:41 PM

Bump!

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
Mosper

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 05:45:10 PM

If you really want to help this store but don't have anything you need then buy me a server and have it shipped to me and I'll give you a profit share in the company I start.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: