Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:17:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Price Passes $750 to Hit 28-Month High  (Read 5575 times)
o_o (OP)

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 08:01:32 PM

The price of bitcoin broke $750 today, building on recent gains to hit a 28-month high.

Bitcoin prices reached $750.37 during the day's session, the highest since 7th February, 2014, CoinDesk USD Bitcoin Price Index (BPI) figures reveal. The digital currency exceeded its latest milestone of $750 after surpassing $700 early on 13th June, and then nearing $720 later that day.

Of late, bitcoin has benefited from a multitude of factors, including concerns about China’s economy, anticipation surrounding the upcoming halving and fear of a Brexit, and this momentum is showing signs it is continuing to build.

The digital currency suffered a notable drop on 14th June, falling more than 8% and coming within a few percentage points of a correction. While such a decline might have prompted concerns it had become overvalued, the digital currency’s recent gains support the position this was merely a temporary pullback.

Going forward, bitcoin could easily enjoy further appreciation, as data provided by bitcoin trading platform Whaleclub indicates short interest has dwindled to practically zero while long interest has hit an all-time high.

Past that, the digital currency could easily benefit from the visibility that blockchain technology has been generating.

A wide range of market participants, central banks and other entities have been examining this distributed ledger’s potential uses, and as the technology draws more attention, it may draw mainstream traders to the nascent market.

While market experts have provided various explanations for bitcoin’s recent price appreciation, one variable they are pointing to as having key importance is the upcoming halving of network rewards.

For more on the upcoming halving, read our full guide here.

Charles L. Bovaird II is a financial writer and consultant with strong knowledge of securities markets and investing concepts.

Follow Charles Bovaird on Twitter here.

Little boy with kite image via Shutterstock

In your opinion what's happening in this moment?  It will be a dump after the halving? What you expect in the next month? New ATH will be reached?

In my opinion price will reach 1100$, then there will be a drop to 700$, and price will be stable around that price.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 08:15:46 PM

Who knows?  Not I...

The whole price jump was a surprise (for me), in that this seems (SEEMS!) to somewhat unconnected to The Halving, as we have been discussing that for months.  My guess is that the Chinese are the added new demand for BTC, hence the sharp price increase. 

The Halving has been predictable, no new information for any of us.  Usually when there is predictability, there is typically nothing new that happens DUE TO THAT, as "everybody knows".

$750 is nice, I cashed out some BTC earlier ($691) for gold, so perhaps my timing was not the best, but at least part of my BTC stash got cashed-out at a profit.  But, $750 is not a game changer.

What would be a game changer for me?  $5000, say...
o_o (OP)

Activity: 132

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 09:01:59 PM

Who knows?  Not I...

The whole price jump was a surprise (for me), in that this seems (SEEMS!) to somewhat unconnected to The Halving, as we have been discussing that for months.  My guess is that the Chinese are the added new demand for BTC, hence the sharp price increase. 

The Halving has been predictable, no new information for any of us.  Usually when there is predictability, there is typically nothing new that happens DUE TO THAT, as "everybody knows".

$750 is nice, I cashed out some BTC earlier ($691) for gold, so perhaps my timing was not the best, but at least part of my BTC stash got cashed-out at a profit.  But, $750 is not a game changer.

Think that my time was at 582$, absolutely not good, but I've made a great earnings anyway Wink

IMHO I don't think that a new ATH will be reached, maybe we'll arrive to 1000$ but is really hard to reach the new ATH, because at the moment we require other 4B of market cap  Shocked
tygeade
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1058

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 09:06:14 PM

Who knows?  Not I...

Think that my time was at 582$, absolutely not good, but I've made a great earnings anyway Wink

IMHO I don't think that a new ATH will be reached, maybe we'll arrive to 1000$ but is really hard to reach the new ATH, because at the moment we require other 4B of market cap  Shocked

People are busy in buying at a moment hoping that they will make good profits at halving, and if the demand is more then it will take price of bitcoin to higher level.

richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 09:17:21 PM

Who knows?  Not I...

People are busy in buying at a moment hoping that they will make good profits at halving, and if the demand is more then it will take price of bitcoin to higher level.

Yeah. I am quite sure that people who sent money from their bank to their exchange account are getting frustrated to the bone as it takes a few days to post. In that time the price has gone up like $50-80 again. I am glad I don't have to rush anything as I bought my coins at below $400 prices.
Jasad
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

= jasad =

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 11:19:26 PM

In your opinion what's happening in this moment?  It will be a dump after the halving? What you expect in the next month? New ATH will be reached?
In my opinion price will reach 1100$, then there will be a drop to 700$, and price will be stable around that price.
make sense,if you wish and predict bitcoin will reach $1100. but as we know this is the highest price since last two years,and after that year we never see bitcoin price reach this leve,its why i think this is almost top of price,i guess it only stable in $600 and have highest price at $1000.
janggernaut
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1130

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 11:55:14 PM

My opinion, before halving happened btc price will reach $1000, and after halving, btc price would be down to $700-$800 and then stable because people dumped their btc and they think thats the best time for sell, and maybe some people still hold their btc hoping the price will be going up again.
ronaldo40
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 12:03:30 AM

My opinion, before halving happened btc price will reach $1000, and after halving, btc price would be down to $700-$800 and then stable because people dumped their btc and they think thats the best time for sell, and maybe some people still hold their btc hoping the price will be going up again.

it is very possible that if prices continue to rise very rapidly we could touch $1000 before halving occurs. but if we decreased again and sometimes stable, I think we will not reach $1,000 within the next 2 weeks

Cybertron00

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 12:21:49 AM

Well For now I think it will hit above 800$ before halving but after the rise thats happening now I know there's are sudden fall. It will fall back maybe back to 500$ or more but I dont think it will go beyond than that.
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 12:43:00 AM

Bitcoin is higher than ever now, if you consider that the latest ATH had bot volume, now its real volume. We will be at 1,000 + very soon, and this time we are ready.
0xfff

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 02:40:50 AM

I expect a massive price change before the half occurs. Many people have been saying that this will be a drop in price. I'm not too sure myself.  Lips sealed
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 02:52:18 AM

No... I don't think that is going to happen this time. Remember the last halving? The BTC prices were going at around $10 per coin at the time of the block reward halving in 2013 January (from BTC50 per block to BTC25 per block). However, it took another year for the exchange rates to climb to $1,200 per coin (in 2013 December).
Sniper44

Activity: 714
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 02:57:09 AM

yeah surely there will be a dump after $1000-$1100 which will make the price go down a little bit.

but i do believe that this is not the end and price will continue going higher again.

to the moon with bitcoin...
outatime1

Activity: 364
Merit: 254

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 03:11:08 AM

It's hard to tell what will happen because it depends a lot on human emotion. Panic selling or panic buying can drive the price either way. I'm surprised at how high it has gotten at this point.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Corenin
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 03:41:47 AM

It's hard to tell what will happen because it depends a lot on human emotion. Panic selling or panic buying can drive the price either way. I'm surprised at how high it has gotten at this point.

Price will not to back now, it will keep on moving up till we reach to the halving stage, so if you can afford to buy go for it and if not then hold the coins that you have.
Doms

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 03:56:36 AM

So much speculation going on. Everybody has a guess as to how the price has climbed this high. Exciting as this ride has been, the surge would be hard to sustain past the $1000 range. If the price hits four digits, that could trigger a huge selloff and could bring the price back to more reasonable ranges, maybe between $550 to $650. But I don't really know. I 'm just another person trying to guess what's going to happen.
torrentheaven

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 04:04:12 AM

So much speculation going on. Everybody has a guess as to how the price has climbed this high. Exciting as this ride has been, the surge would be hard to sustain past the $1000 range. If the price hits four digits, that could trigger a huge selloff and could bring the price back to more reasonable ranges, maybe between $550 to $650. But I don't really know. I 'm just another person trying to guess what's going to happen.

Majority of people who are predicting about the price of bitcoin is just an speculation, no one is sure what will be the exact price at the time of halving.
jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 04:08:08 AM

At this rate we are looking at a 1000$ mark easily before halving. But we never know, the price can suddenly drop it's unlikely but possibly.
JarBinks

Activity: 144

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 04:16:42 AM

IMHO
Since the large mining companies will make 1/2 the BTC when the halving occurs their profits would be cut in half if the BTC prices stayed the same
I think the current rise we are seeing is somewhat related to them manipulating the price to maintain their profitability.

I am not sure how high it will go, I originally thought 700-800 USD but we are already close to that so I would say not much higher.

It also benefits all of us holding BTC as we see our value go up.  Grin
Bitcoin Brazil

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 04:21:07 AM

I believe the prices will go to 1000s in max 2 weeks time, people will then sell, and halving will approach... All of this may cause the price to fall back to 500-700. 

I don't intend to sell bitcoins to be honest. I believe in bitcoin reaching a stupendous price in 2-5 years. I want to gain as many as possible
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: