Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 11:56:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Netflix will be the next one  (Read 2808 times)
Sage

Activity: 632
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 04:54:01 AM

Whether Netflix is here long-term or gone in a few years, doesn't matter.  What does is the influx of new Bitcoin users outside the current tech circles it would introduce to Bitcoin.

There is no reason Netflix couldn't offer 3, 6, 12 month prepay plans with Bitcoins, or a simple top-up service like Namecheap does.  They don't need re-occurring billing to make it work.

Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 07:00:19 AM

recurring billing/contracts where always just a scam

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
FenixRD

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

I am Citizenfive.

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 07:14:06 AM

Since this is an appropriate necrobump for once, I'll add that you can have automated billing in bitcoins too. It's just more secure and requires a touch more attention than the keys to your entire bank account.

Uberlurker. Been here since the Finney transaction. Please consider this before replying; there is a good chance I've heard it before.

-Citizenfive
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 07:22:54 AM

You could always just remember to pay your Netflix bill monthly Tongue

Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 07:31:54 AM

Since this is an appropriate necrobump for once, I'll add that you can have automated billing in bitcoins too. It's just more secure and requires a touch more attention than the keys to your entire bank account.

billing contracts are just a scam way to get you to pay 10X the value for a goods n services

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
FenixRD

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

I am Citizenfive.

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 07:44:19 AM

billing contracts are just a scam way to get you to pay 10X the value for a goods n services

Sometimes. But they are regardless a part of the business model many people appreciate, and people want the convenience. I have no desire to sit down and have "bill day" as my father does to this day. Cheques and all.

Here's what I want, and what I'm in the middle of creating, for the best of both worlds:

A secure autobilling system for cryptos (really BTC but can be topped off with a couple alts; payout *maybe* also LTC). Will integrate with major wallet players (and any smaller ones who approach me). Uses windowing and P2SH. Can be as autonomous as users like. Default mode will be for, when bill day arrives, a push notification (or email/SMS as fallback) will occur requiring confirmation. This is only for preauthorized transactions.

Impact on user: Same as it is now with autobilling, except they must explicitly approve the pending TX. This feature can be disabled. Elevated modes where more than an "OK" can be enabled globally or individually.

Impact on merchant: exactly the same as autobilling. If the business model depended on revenue from careless users, that may make prices rise, but this seems in the interest of most users.

Uberlurker. Been here since the Finney transaction. Please consider this before replying; there is a good chance I've heard it before.

-Citizenfive
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 09:46:22 AM

once netflix ebay facebook are in thats it job is done, BTC could be alot higher than $20k or $40k
armodilloben

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 10:55:00 AM

Netflix' collection is shrinking as content owners revoke their permissions and seek to monetize their libraries by cutting deals directly with ISPs or using their own distribution channels (for example "HBO To Go"). Netflix has become a glorified middle man and now that digital downloads are displacing physically mailed DVDs, they no longer have a market advantage.

Hence why they're moving on to original programming (House of Cards, Arrested Development). If those catch on, perhaps Netflix will survive, though it likely won't stay as predominant as it currently it.

as long as they take Bitcoin payment integration as "last straw" to grab, i am fine Wink

btw: house of cards and arrested development are really nice shows. arrested maybe being the best amongst all

emeraldforce

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 11:53:08 AM

Soon netflix will be bundled with your internet subscription in various tiers, along with your youtube high fee subscription. Since the only computers you'll be able to buy are licensed dumb terminals using cloud desktops, they can happily make sure you aren't downloading any pirate movies. Behold, the terrible future

That is unless you build your own mchines right?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: