Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 10:31:53 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I think Ethereum will be finished after this attack  (Read 15572 times)
brekyrself

Activity: 547
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 07:24:51 PM

What doesn't kill you only serves to make you stronger. It's time to buy more ETH.

I bought some while diversifying my portfolio investments, this is not a good time to be too confident on ETH.

But the miners are very confident in the Ethereum. Look at the network hash rate, it is another all time high.

Miners only care about what makes them $$.
anthonydar

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

★CryptoGamesFX.com★

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2016, 10:58:00 AM

What doesn't kill you only serves to make you stronger. It's time to buy more ETH.

I bought some while diversifying my portfolio investments, this is not a good time to be too confident on ETH.

But the miners are very confident in the Ethereum. Look at the network hash rate, it is another all time high.

That could be true. When the price of Etheruem drops to $4, and it becomes unprofit to mine, they will stop.

Juhagic

Activity: 357
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 07:33:33 PM

That could be true. When the price of Etheruem drops to $4, and it becomes unprofit to mine, they will stop.

That happened two years ago. Miners found it was not profitalbe to mine litecoin, they sold their cards and crashed the card prices.
varusisog

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 07:23:38 AM

I think it is better to wait until the hard fork in a few weeks. If there is good community spirit, then buy some.
Kaller

Activity: 752
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 11:16:21 AM

I heard a Chinese company bought about 1 million Etherum some time last year to support the development of Ethereum. It might support it after hard fork.
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2016, 04:26:31 PM

Finished. As in keeps on going and rising

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
LucioTan

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 04:34:37 PM

I think it is better to wait until the hard fork in a few weeks. If there is good community spirit, then buy some.

Haha Cheesy yeah. ETH will not die this year. Also, im planning to buy ETH.

I heard a Chinese company bought about 1 million Etherum some time last year to support the development of Ethereum. It might support it after hard fork.

Well this was a good news isn't it? especially now, the rice of ETH is continuing to rise and then some accusations will pump out that it will die. Not gonna happen

Yeah it keeps on climbing up. I think what they predicted will not happen. Let's see after the har fork on what will happen. But im confident that ETH will survive this.
raphma

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 05:39:42 PM

deadcat bouncing.
ETH is going down, wait and see.
dumada

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 09:45:17 AM

deadcat bouncing.
ETH is going down, wait and see.

That could be right. The dead cat bouncing could bounce to $50 before it drops to around $30 again.
bigs21024

Activity: 294

please help gofund.me/bigs21024 Family in need

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 03:38:04 PM

no way you are so far off. Eth has so much money and talent behind it no way it is going anywhere it may go down but im sure they have plans for it to bring it right back after

BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 04:12:55 PM

haha, by the time this "suggestion" was posted eth price was above 0.0181BTC and it went down to 0.016BTC which is only loss so far if anybody acted on it Smiley

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 04:19:09 PM

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 07:01:26 PM

Ethereum will continue to slowly bleed out over next 26 days until the "stolen" ETH is available to be spent. The big bleedout will occur when one of two things happen:

1. Ethereum forks, either soft or hard, both would be disastrous to the long term viability of ETH. It would be a very dangerous precedent to set.
2. No action taken, the "stolen" funds become spendable and the attacker dumps them all on the market, because who the hell wants to sit on several million dollars worth of funny money?

Either scenario would involve a mass dump return and Ethereum back to sane pricing. Over 1 billion market cap for an unproven system was always unsustainable - this just hastened things along. I would not be surprised to see it go under $1 or $2 after all this is said and done. I worry what the community will do, since this situation is very similar to what happened with NXT, even though no fork was issued there, the community was split down the middle and the coin never recovered.

Time will tell. Ethereum still has a long term chance if they do not fork, and the community does not divide itself, though it will take a long time to recover from this market shock. Very unfortunate situation for all involved, but maintaining fungibility should take priority over everything else.

Now 30 days later and your prediction on price has been proven to be true. Price is now 0.01625BTC/ETH and it was 0.027BTC/ETH right before the hack.

Thats a 39.8% decline.

I expect it to fall further in the months to come. Not sure if it can ever recover by setting this precedent with the hard fork.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 07:03:34 PM

no way you are so far off. Eth has so much money and talent behind it no way it is going anywhere it may go down but im sure they have plans for it to bring it right back after

So you believe "they" can bring the price back higher?

I thought this was a technology project not a price project.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 07:15:03 PM

They are trying their best to come it back to the track , and as it has some good supporters I am looking they are getting once again to the success, but people will for a long time feel a fear of hack at there.
smho_16

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 07:18:22 PM

They are trying their best to come it back to the track , and as it has some good supporters I am looking they are getting once again to the success, but people will for a long time feel a fear of hack at there.

Ethereum has a lot of user base behind it and they as far as I know are fanatics to it. Still this is not enough, as the hack has damaged so bad eth that it has seen a 40% decline so far. I don't think it will come back to where it were but it can go up to 0.021 BTC for sure in the coming months.
piloder
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 07:23:42 PM

Ethereum has a lot of user base behind it and they as far as I know are fanatics to it. Still this is not enough, as the hack has damaged so bad eth that it has seen a 40% decline so far. I don't think it will come back to where it were but it can go up to 0.021 BTC for sure in the coming months.

In the next few weeks, if the Ethereum price does not drop below 0.01, it will rise to 0.05 in the next few months.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 08:00:29 PM

In the next few weeks, if the Ethereum price does not drop below 0.01, it will rise to 0.05 in the next few months.

In either scenario I don't see that happening.

Technical price chart shows lots of weakness. Lower highs and lower lows does not instill ATH price for a long time.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 08:00:59 PM

More than hack there is always the possibility that a better or new project appears and that  would affect pushing  down the prices.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 08:03:26 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2016, 08:56:55 PM by redsn0w

Remember that ethereum 'works' also if its price is 0.0162 btc  Roll Eyes.....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: