Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:05:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Emercoin [EMC] - Merged Mining Press Release  (Read 2345 times)
craslovell (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2016, 08:46:10 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2016, 04:19:44 PM by craslovell

The Emercoin team is pleased to officially announce the coming addition of merged mining with Bitcoin! You can read the text of the press release below. Also head over to the official Emercoin website to learn more about the great technologies the Emercoin blockchain has to offer.

Press Release
Emercoin Team Announces Merged Mining

16-6-2016

The Emercoin development team has decided to combine the production of both Bitcoin and Emercoin with a vision to significantly increase the trust and reliability of the Emercoin network. Due to the algorithm used to produce both Bitcoin and Emercoin being a common factor, this is a sound and achievable technical decision.

The members that comprise the Emercoin team believe merged mining will signal an increase in network difficulty by 500 times or more for the Emercoin blockchain. This increase in network mining power will help to increase the Emercoin network’s credibility, which is a critical asset in today’s cryptocurrency world. In short visibility + activity = legitimacy in the public eye. To this day, visibility has been the primary aspect holding back the adoption of Emercoin by the general public.

This change will also benefit miners in an economic sense. Currently with the SHA-256 algorithm, if a Bitcoin miner were to “mine” Emercoin or vice versa, the miner would need to divert power away from one blockchain or the other. The addition of merged mining will allow miners to produce both Bitcoin and Emercoin in harmony, without losing the benfit of income from either blockchain.

The increase in network stability was a major factor in this decision. The most important piece, the growth of the Emercoin blockchain complexity, is also a sign of the growth of trust in Emercoin.  As complexity on the blockchain increases, the likelihood and effectiveness of network attacks or deficiencies decreases tremendously.

The positive effects this change will have are clear. What are the negative effects? The team has confidence that there are virtually none. The fact that the block reward will decrease with a higher complexity/difficulty is a negligible effect, since an enormous increase in difficulty of 10,000 times would only bring about a reward drop of approximately a factor of 10. The Bitcoins a miner will receive will offset any decrease in Emercoin reward per block.

As stated before, this change is coming about to help bring trust and reliability to name of Emercoin. Where trust exists, further development, innovation, and success will follow.

Emercoin Public Relations Contact
Email: ik@emercoin.com
Twitter: @EmerCoin_EMC
Emercoin Bitcointalk Announcement Thread

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
craslovell (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2016, 03:26:45 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2016, 09:41:32 PM by craslovell

I received notification of two other users posting on this thread, but their comments appear to have been deleted?

Edit: oh well!
Bawaler

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2016, 06:52:30 AM

Would gladly create a merged mining pool, but don't want to modify the daemon, EMC is not easy to setup for pool use using NOMP/uNOMP because of this:
Code:
[ERROR] [default] - Payments emercoin Check finished - daemon rpc error with batch gettransactions {"code":-32700,"message":"Parse error"}
What could be done, should I tweak the daemon?

⌘ This ain't just a symbol of a PoI ⌘
I recommend Yourserver.se VPS for hosting, pay with BTC.
MessyCoin

Activity: 458
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 07:44:54 AM

Thanks for sharing this exciting news about EMC upcoming move to merge mining!

Press release was added to http://emercoin.com/press

KarmaShark

Activity: 615
Merit: 554

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 01:45:54 PM

Fantastic news. Bitcoin and Emercoin being mined together is going to have many positive benefits, least being increased visibility with the industry.

CryptoMaik

Activity: 594
Merit: 500

Blockchain entrepreneur✔

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 02:52:41 PM

Nice graphic.

Good luck. Watching.

CryptoMaik ✔
Peltig

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 03:25:28 PM

So many new coins. But watching this harder than others

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
dippididodaday

Activity: 441
Merit: 278

It's personal

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 06:21:49 PM

Me too.
vingaard
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 06:39:06 PM

Good luck and watching.  Grin
craslovell (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2016, 09:43:47 PM

Thank you for your interest gentlemen! It is and has been a good one to watch.

By the way, keep your eye out for a simple way to earn a few free Emercoin in the next few days  Wink
craslovell (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2016, 12:07:46 AM

Emercoin is not a new coin, the chain is about 2.5 years old. See here for the original announcement.
IconFirm

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574

Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 01:28:49 PM

Great to read that Emercoin has decided to implement merge mining (AUXPOW). For any SHA256 coin to thrive & grow, merge mining is a must.

I do have a couple of concerns about Emercoin though, so would appreciate it if someone from the Emercoin team could clarify a few things for me:

As everyone knows, Hashcoins LLC are a scam who have stolen funds from customers for mining hardware that doesn't exist & cloud mining contacts that disappear. After reading through their thread, I decided to check out their website, where I noticed that they claim to be working closely with Emercoin, which is disturbing to say the least.

So, can you please confirm what (if any) connection Emercoin has with Hashcoins LLC or any of their listed staff - namely: Sergei Potapenko, Vitali Timostsenko, Nikolay Pavlovskiy, Jaana Thor, Vitali Pavlov & Renna Reemet?

Thanks.

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
craslovell (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 02:01:39 PM

@IconFirm

Thank you for the response. Hashcoins LLC are not partners in the sense that we work with them on a daily basis or with matters regarding the devlopment or economy of the coin. Rather they have used Emercoin/Microsoft BaaS as a platform to manage their own infrastructure.
IconFirm

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 02:41:56 PM

Thanks for the reply.

Hashcoins LLC are not partners in the sense that we work with them on a daily basis....

Does that mean that you have had contact or are in contact with them or any of the listed staff now?

I think it would be wise for the Emercoin team to completely disassociate itself from this company(?) by requesting that they remove any mention of Emercoin from their site in order to avoid any future recriminations. After all, they are obviously using your brand for fraudulent purposes, which in turn makes Emercoin look bad or involved in some way.

Thanks.

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
craslovell (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 02:53:58 PM

Thanks for the reply.

Hashcoins LLC are not partners in the sense that we work with them on a daily basis....

Does that mean that you have had contact or are in contact with them or any of the listed staff now?

I think it would be wise for the Emercoin team to completely disassociate itself from this company(?) by requesting that they remove any mention of Emercoin from their site in order to avoid any future recriminations. After all, they are obviously using your brand for fraudulent purposes, which in turn makes Emercoin look bad or involved in some way.

Thanks.

I can't say when the last contact with any of their staff was, but this is something I will check with the rest of the team on. Thanks for the suggestion.

I can assure you any organization or individual who would use the Emercoin name for malicious acts will be dealt with accordingly. Positive growth is our primary concern at this time.
craslovell (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 06:43:27 PM

See here for new Emercoin giveaway!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1520463.0
Fixx

Activity: 535
Merit: 501

EMC

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 12:38:52 PM

Perhaps this misunderstanding my fault so Chris asking me, but I could not clearly explain the situation to him (sorry for bad english)

HashCoins company that has implemented our technology in its production. Moreover did it first. And very successfully.
All the companies that are on the official website in the section partners - our partners.

IconFirm

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2016, 01:03:37 PM

All the companies that are on the official website in the section partners - our partners.

So you are partners with the hashcoins scam. OK, thanks for the clarification.

Fixx

Activity: 535
Merit: 501

EMC

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 01:48:44 PM

I think your speculations are spam and idle talk.

IconFirm

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2016, 02:21:27 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2016, 02:44:08 PM by IconFirm

I think your speculations are spam and idle talk.

You're entitled to your opinion of course, but I suggest you read through the hashcoins thread before passing judgment on anyone. Your partner, who you openly advertise on your website, is stealing funds from customers. I would have thought that it would be in your own interest to distance yourselves from such a company instead of advertising & partnering with them.

I was willing to invest & mine Emercoin, but I won't as long as you continue to associate yourselves or do business with the hashcoins theives/scammers.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: