Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:43:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CryptoCurrent // Bitcoin Sales - Simple & Secure  (Read 9633 times)
JonSnow (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 02:28:31 AM
Last edit: August 20, 2013, 04:06:10 AM by JonSnow

CryptoCurrent
---------------------------------------
Bitcoin Sales - Simple & Secure

Closed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
battmann

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

I am a student of programming and design.

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 04:59:09 AM

I have used Jon exclusively ever since I first bought BTC from him. Best. BTC. Vender. Ever.

Enjoy his services guys; it'll change the way you get your coinage. Buy with confidence Smiley

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2013, 10:19:33 AM

Don't be surprised if Wells Fargo shuts you down... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=82983.0

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
battmann

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 11:02:39 AM

Don't be surprised if Wells Fargo shuts you down... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=82983.0

More specifically this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=82983.msg1609716#msg1609716
don giovanni

Activity: 80

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 06:25:55 PM

here is a map of BOA locations, looks like there are a number of states without them.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/15/Bank_of_America_footprint.png/800px-Bank_of_America_footprint.png

You may have to setup state specific accounts with smaller banks, which might be more hospitable to your business.
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2013, 07:40:00 PM

We now accept cash deposits at Bank of America AND Wells Fargo!  We have a lot of clients, but not many from the forums here, so for a limited time, we are reducing our fee to 3% for any forum members who are willing to leave feedback in our thread.

What is the turn around time?

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
JonSnow (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 09:58:46 PM

We now accept cash deposits at Bank of America AND Wells Fargo!  We have a lot of clients, but not many from the forums here, so for a limited time, we are reducing our fee to 3% for any forum members who are willing to leave feedback in our thread.

What is the turn around time?

It depends, of course, but usually anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours.  Basically, as soon as you confirm that the deposit has been made, confirm the amount, and confirm your btc address, we verify it and initiate the transfer.
MrJesusChrist

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

Bitties

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 05:05:56 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2013, 05:17:14 PM by MrJesusChrist

cash overnight via USPS / FedEx (we provide a prepaid label at no cost to you!)

There are no bank of america's or Wells Faro's around my parts, so this would be my option of payment. How exactly do I get you guys to send me a prepaid label? I just placed an order, so I'll read my email.. but would also like to know if anyone here knows.
JonSnow (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 10:28:24 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2013, 10:53:37 PM by JonSnow

Today we received 3 cash orders ... one of which was an empty envelope.  It was not tampered with, nor was the label removed and replaced, so either someone stole the cash from the package miraculously, or the client sent an empty envelope knowing we would at least split the "loss" with them.  We did split the loss and sent $400 worth of btc, but this makes it clear that accepting payment via this method is not a reliable option for the time being.

If you've purchased using the overnight cash method with us before, we will continue to offer you the prepaid label.  However, until we figure out how to prevent today's situation, we won't be accepting cash in the mail orders from any new clients. 

Which reminds me:

When you are shipping cash, please please please do not just pass the label and cash envelope to the postal employee and leave without making sure they actually put the cash envelope inside the Express Mail envelope.  Sad
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2013, 11:02:07 PM

An empty sealed envelope, since you said miraculously?

Registered and Insured mail - yes, they can send cash if they provide evidence of value:
http://goo.gl/lPIm1

Leave it up to USPS to reimburse their claims...

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
JonSnow (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 01:32:25 AM

Registered and Insured mail - yes, they can send cash if they provide evidence of value:

Yeah, going forward, that seems like the best option.  Turns out after he received the $400 worth of btc I sent, he remembered that the postal lady was "in a rush" and told me he went in, handed her the cash envelope and prepaid label, asked her to put it in an Express Mail envelope, and then left without making sure she actually put the cash envelope inside the Express Mail envelope.  :\
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 02:59:16 AM

Yeah, going forward, that seems like the best option.  Turns out after he received the $400 worth of btc I sent, he remembered that the postal lady was "in a rush" and told me he went in, handed her the cash envelope and prepaid label, asked her to put it in an Express Mail envelope, and then left without making sure she actually put the cash envelope inside the Express Mail envelope.  :\

What the heck? Express Mail, Priority envelopes and boxes are all in organizer slots at a station in front of the counter... he could have put it in and sealed it with the tear-off glue strip himself. The hardest part would have been taping the pre-paid label to the envelope, had you sent it to him via PDF like I just did with someone sending me silver last night (assuming they didn't have Avery label sheets or whatever).

opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 03:01:45 AM

Today we received 3 cash orders ... one of which was an empty envelope.  It was not tampered with, nor was the label removed and replaced, so either someone stole the cash from the package miraculously, or the client sent an empty envelope knowing we would at least split the "loss" with them.  We did split the loss and sent $400 worth of btc, but this makes it clear that accepting payment via this method is not a reliable option for the time being.

If you've purchased using the overnight cash method with us before, we will continue to offer you the prepaid label.  However, until we figure out how to prevent today's situation, we won't be accepting cash in the mail orders from any new clients.  

Which reminds me:

When you are shipping cash, please please please do not just pass the label and cash envelope to the postal employee and leave without making sure they actually put the cash envelope inside the Express Mail envelope.  Sad

So the buyer was legit and will send you the funds?

JonSnow (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 04:44:41 AM

Yes, I sent a prepaid label in PDF form, but he didn't have tape or something.  No idea.

And no, he won't send the funds ... he says it's too much money but that if I keep doing business with him, he will "more than make it up" to me.  Who knows.

I suppose all that has to happen is to let people know BEFORE they send any cash that I will not be responsible for it if an empty envelope arrives, or if it gets lost along the way.  I'm not sure if I'm able to do prepaid Registered Mail labels, but my guess is that has to be done at the time of shipping in the post office itself in order for them to verify what goes into the envelope before they agree to insure it for a large amount.

With registered mail, it would be tracked from person to person each step of the way and then if something were to go wrong, the sender could take it up with the post office and get reimbursed (but only using Registered Mail and declaring the exact amount of cash). 

Tell you what - this has been a rough month for CryptoCurrent!  lol.  Here's to a better April!  Smiley
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 05:04:11 AM

Therein lies the rub.

opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 05:18:02 AM

Yes, I sent a prepaid label in PDF form, but he didn't have tape or something.  No idea.

And no, he won't send the funds ... he says it's too much money but that if I keep doing business with him, he will "more than make it up" to me.  Who knows.

I suppose all that has to happen is to let people know BEFORE they send any cash that I will not be responsible for it if an empty envelope arrives, or if it gets lost along the way.  I'm not sure if I'm able to do prepaid Registered Mail labels, but my guess is that has to be done at the time of shipping in the post office itself in order for them to verify what goes into the envelope before they agree to insure it for a large amount.

With registered mail, it would be tracked from person to person each step of the way and then if something were to go wrong, the sender could take it up with the post office and get reimbursed (but only using Registered Mail and declaring the exact amount of cash). 

Tell you what - this has been a rough month for CryptoCurrent!  lol.  Here's to a better April!  Smiley

I'm in the need to buy some coin and tried the site, but it seemed a little expensive. $40 difference on a 10 btc buy. I mean it really isn't that much difference but I wanted a larger buy and you only have $1k limit on your site, right? It is either I wait for my original supplier to replenish or I pay a higher fee. All depends on how much I want my BTC. There must be a buying spree going on since the Avalon miners went back on sale. I think that has to with a shortage of coin. Your fee is %5 off every BTC or the whole amount?
Thanks for quick response!!! Always very nice to have another, reliable (yet to see) BTC supplier up in here.
Good luck in April.

JonSnow (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 05:33:51 AM

I appreciate your opinion, but we firmly stand by our 5% fee for the time being.  Other companies like us have comparable rates, and even Bitinstant charges 3.99% fee plus the ZipZap fee, Bitcopia and Ziggap each have fees right around ours.  We have to cover our costs and feel our rate is very fair considering we pay the bank to handle our many cash deposits, we provide prepaid overnight shipping labels ($18-$30), etc.

I can respect it if/when someone disagrees, but for now, 5% is where we'll stay.  Smiley
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 06:10:12 AM

I appreciate your opinion, but we firmly stand by our 5% fee for the time being.  Other companies like us have comparable rates, and even Bitinstant charges 3.99% fee plus the ZipZap fee, Bitcopia and Ziggap each have fees right around ours.  We have to cover our costs and feel our rate is very fair considering we pay the bank to handle our many cash deposits, we provide prepaid overnight shipping labels ($18-$30), etc.

I can respect it if/when someone disagrees, but for now, 5% is where we'll stay.  Smiley

I'm ok with the %5, and do think it is fair...just right now a little high for me that's all. Bitinstant has a %1.99 fee on buying from Dwolla. I actually forgot I had a verified Dwolla account. BUT also I've heard Bitinstant having big delays in transactions...so who the heck knows these days right. Will you guys ever incorporate funding from bank accounts?

And are you JonSnow from Game Of Thrones?

JonSnow (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 06:15:32 AM

haha, yes, that's where the name comes from!  you're the first person to mention that!  Cheesy

unfortunately, we're not able to accept bank transfers at this point due to how easy they are to reverse.  we might some day in the distant future, maybe, but for now, it's just too risky.
battmann

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 06:22:22 AM

This.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: