Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 01:43:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitspend.net Launches - Allowing you to spend your Bitcoins anywhere online!  (Read 2041 times)
BitSpend (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2013, 09:55:56 AM

Last week we opened Bitspend.net with the intention of providing the Bitcoin community a way to purchase anything they wanted, from any website, and pay with Bitcoins.  What we didn't expect, was how many of you would try and use Bitspend the first day!  We were overwhelmed with your desire to purchase items from all over the internet, and pay with Bitcoins.  As you know, we had to stop taking orders for a few days.  Well, we're back!!

Bitspend.net is now open for business, giving you the opportunity to spend your Bitcoins anywhere online. 

If you have any questions about how our service works, or which kind of doughnuts we like best, don't hesitate to ask.  Email support@bitspend.net to have a conversation with one of us, or ask your question here.  You will probably get a faster reply via email, but we will make sure to check here regularly.

Thank you guys for helping to make Bitspend.net an overnight success!
The Bitspend Team
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2013, 02:47:11 PM

I'm eager to see people report about your professionalism.

I have some questions:
Why can we trust you with our money?
Everywhere? Really everywhere? Chinese, Arab, Latin pages included?
If you see (legal? practical?) issues, will you charge the fee and return the rest? Maybe the business requires me to have the credit card that's paid with at check-in, so you won't be able to do that for me.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
BitSpend (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2013, 05:24:53 PM

Why can we trust you with our money?
We're attempting to be as transparent as possible with Bitspend - and this includes listing our address and allowing anyone in South FL to visit our offices to check us out in person!  The address will be up later this week.  Also, you can check Reddit as some people are already beginning to comment about our service Smiley

If it is possible, we will order from it yes.  Google Translate lets us navigate through most pages even in other languages.  Already today we have placed orders for people all over the globe.

If you see (legal? practical?) issues, will you charge the fee and return the rest?
If we see you're ordering something you shouldnt be (illegal items, like marijuana seeds, etc.) - then we will give a 100% refund, we wont keep the fee - why would be, we didn't earn it!

Maybe the business requires me to have the credit card that's paid with at check-in, so you won't be able to do that for me.

Do you mean things like hotels?  We can handle that without issue, we simply pay the cost of the hotel, but you are still required to put a CC on file when you check-in to cover room service, minibar, and any other fees you incur.

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 01:16:53 AM

Mandatory see here.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
ikbrunel

Activity: 19

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 01:23:19 AM

+1 foar biz model.
Humanxlemming

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 11:32:10 PM

Newbie posting a business idea where your bitcoins can be spent anywhere.

This looks extremely sketchy.
BitcoinINV

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 12:19:25 AM

Anyone who does under water basket weaving is ok in my book. I had a couple officers in the Marines that had degree is that.

BitSpend (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2013, 12:57:38 AM
Last edit: March 16, 2013, 01:26:27 AM by BitSpend

My account isnt listed as a newbie Smiley

Also, we arent posting an idea--but a post about an existing company.  You can feel free to Google us, we have recently gone through a round of funding, and have been very public in many places since we launched.  

If you look around, you will even find quotes from prominent people in the BTC community who have already used our service successfully!
BitSpend (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2013, 01:00:24 AM

Anyone who does under water basket weaving is ok in my book. I had a couple officers in the Marines that had degree is that.
I was trained in the art of underwater basket weaving by an older Korean gentleman outside of Fort Benning, Georgia.  I know Marines train close to there, maybe we all had the same master.

Humanxlemming

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 01:03:33 AM

My account isnt listed as a newbie Smiley

Also, we arent posting an idea--but a post about an existing company.  You can feel free to Google us, we have recently gone through a round of funding, and have been very public in many places since we launched. 

If you look around, you will even find quotes from many prominent people in the BTC community who have already used our service successfully!

I see your time around and raise you

Registrant:
 None
 4571 NW 8th Ave
 Oakland Park, FL 33309
 US
 Domain name: BITSPEND.NET

Administrative Contact:
    Whelchel, Justin  me@ericjustin.com
    4571 NW 8th Ave
    Oakland Park, FL 33309
    US
    +1.9542953444
 Technical Contact:
    Support, Tech  help@asmallorange.com
    131 Orange Street
    Durham, NC 27701
    US
    +1.9192139700
 Registration Service Provider:
    A Small Orange LLC, help@asmallorange.com
    http://asmallorange.com
    Homegrown Hosting - quality web hosting backed by top notch support.
 Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
 Record last updated on 26-Feb-2013.
 Record expires on 27-Feb-2014.
 Record created on 27-Feb-2013.
 Registrar Domain Name Help Center:
    http://tucowsdomains.com
 Domain servers in listed order:
    NS2.ASMALLORANGE.COM   
    NS1.ASMALLORANGE.COM   
 Domain status: clientTransferProhibited
BitSpend (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2013, 01:16:11 AM
Last edit: March 16, 2013, 01:27:49 AM by BitSpend

No one said we were not a new company.  We said it wasnt an "idea" and that we had already gone from initial phase to moving into offices, in a matter of weeks Smiley

At one point, even the largest companies you know, were 1 day old.  We launched and had an immediate surge of business, causing us to grow very very quickly.  That shouldn't be a bad thing  Grin

Humanxlemming

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 01:33:32 AM

We launched and had an immediate surge of business, causing us to grow very very quickly.  That shouldn't be a bad thing  Grin

Any evidence of this?
BitSpend (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2013, 01:48:16 AM
Last edit: March 16, 2013, 02:16:49 AM by BitSpend

We launched and had an immediate surge of business, causing us to grow very very quickly.  That shouldn't be a bad thing  Grin

Any evidence of this?

Of which part Smiley

If you'd like to see our growth, then feel free to come by our new offices Monday (should you be in South Florida--or anyone else).  You can even help us get these desks up the stairs because they don't fit in the elevator!

As far as people who have used our service so far, here is one post that comes to mind: http://www.everything-voluntary.com/2013/03/my-purchase-from-amazon-with-bitcoins.html  you can also find mention of us being used by others, in many places and languages(there are Japanese and Portuguese articles).

I understand your skepticism, and it is good to have it.  However the over $7,000 in purchases made through Bitspend by our customers since Monday, show that we are doing well enough a job of earning trust so far.  Now we will continue to do so going forward, and in the end be able to earn the trust and business of those, who like yourself, will wait for further validation of our business before using our service.  We accept that challenge!
Humanxlemming

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 05:25:04 PM

We launched and had an immediate surge of business, causing us to grow very very quickly.  That shouldn't be a bad thing  Grin

Any evidence of this?

Of which part Smiley

If you'd like to see our growth, then feel free to come by our new offices Monday (should you be in South Florida--or anyone else).  You can even help us get these desks up the stairs because they don't fit in the elevator!

As far as people who have used our service so far, here is one post that comes to mind: http://www.everything-voluntary.com/2013/03/my-purchase-from-amazon-with-bitcoins.html  you can also find mention of us being used by others, in many places and languages(there are Japanese and Portuguese articles).

I understand your skepticism, and it is good to have it.  However the over $7,000 in purchases made through Bitspend by our customers since Monday, show that we are doing well enough a job of earning trust so far.  Now we will continue to do so going forward, and in the end be able to earn the trust and business of those, who like yourself, will wait for further validation of our business before using our service.  We accept that challenge!

When I next get a little bitcoins might give it a try from the uk see how it works.
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 12:04:36 PM

Any idea when bitspend will reopen? Days? Weeks?
BitSpend (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2013, 10:42:28 PM

Any idea when bitspend will reopen? Days? Weeks?

I'm pretty sure someone just re-opened the doors to Bitspend  Grin

nyuka

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 05:44:39 AM

I ordered 1 week ago but haven't received invoice yet. I created support ticket 1 day ago but no reply yet.
salfter

Activity: 651
Merit: 501

My PGP Key: 92C7689C

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 12:10:06 AM

One thing I read about elsewhere, but hasn't been mentioned here AFAIK, is that they'll use their Amazon Prime account to get you 2-day shipping. For those of us who don't have Amazon Prime, BitSpend's $2 fee sounds like a better deal for 2-day shipping than you'd get buying directly. I might need to give them a shot for my next order, even if it's with bitcoin purchased for that purpose. (I've been buying bitcoin for purchases from Amagi Metals, so that's nothing new.)

Tipjars: BTC 1TipsGocnz2N5qgAm9f7JLrsMqkb3oXe2 LTC LTipsVC7XaFy9M6Zaf1aGGe8w8xVUeWFvR | My Bitcoin Note Generator | Pool Auto-Switchers: zpool MiningPoolHub NiceHash
Bitgem Resources: Pool Explorer Paper Wallet
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 11:34:44 AM

One thing I read about elsewhere, but hasn't been mentioned here AFAIK, is that they'll use their Amazon Prime account to get you 2-day shipping. For those of us who don't have Amazon Prime, BitSpend's $2 fee sounds like a better deal for 2-day shipping than you'd get buying directly. I might need to give them a shot for my next order, even if it's with bitcoin purchased for that purpose. (I've been buying bitcoin for purchases from Amagi Metals, so that's nothing new.)

I wasn't aware of the Prime benefit either. This, I think, would make the service well worth using if you don't have prime. If you're doing less than like 35 purchases a year, you'll end up saving money. Also works great for those who don't have a credit card or don't want to give it to Amazon.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 04:01:51 PM

Europe for example?
And can you give us some details on the "Sliding Scale"?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: