Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:15:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 1OZ SILVER MAPLE LEAF / CHECK BEST PRICE IN OP  (Read 12621 times)
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 05:50:17 AM

Maple is going for .744 right now. I used to check bitcoinity.org the first thing in the morning, now I check my own thread for the direction of bitcoin price. Thanks again, John!

Is there any other products you would like to order except this?

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 03:22:53 PM

I am currently working on an automanual ordering mechanism, which would enable locking-in 24/7. I am a great fan of simplicity, so I am currently thinking along these lines:

- I want to order and rpietila is not online.
- I PM him and tell how many silver coins I want and what is the current price, and where to send the coins
- I pay to his public address
* what is the best way currently in bitcoin, to send a "message" of about 10 bits, which could be used to earmark the transaction? *
- I receive the coins.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 03:41:04 PM

I am currently working on an automanual ordering mechanism, which would enable locking-in 24/7. I am a great fan of simplicity, so I am currently thinking along these lines:

- I want to order and rpietila is not online.
- I PM him and tell how many silver coins I want and what is the current price, and where to send the coins
- I pay to his public address
* what is the best way currently in bitcoin, to send a "message" of about 10 bits, which could be used to earmark the transaction? *
- I receive the coins.
One way would be to have the sender sign a message with the private key of the origin address.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 04:24:20 PM

One way would be to have the sender sign a message with the private key of the origin address.

How many % can do this? I cannot  Cheesy

I was more like thinking: "take a random number 1-999 and PM it to me before you pay. Add that number of satoshi to your transaction to prove you sent it".

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 04:44:41 PM

How many % can do this? I cannot  Cheesy

I was more like thinking: "take a random number 1-999 and PM it to me before you pay. Add that number of satoshi to your transaction to prove you sent it".

Well, it's quite easy especially if you use Electrum or Armory. There's this sign message tab if I'm not wrong in QT too. Yep, your method above should work too I guess.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 10:59:53 AM

We are proud to announce the new 24/7 instant order option for amounts up to 100 One Ounce Canada Silver Maple Leaf Coins.

See OP for details and comment here!

molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 11:38:27 AM

For BTC.738, Maple is as cheap as it gets. Delivery in EU only BTC.500 for unlimited quantities, except over 500 pieces it is free  Grin

I will likely buy from you as soon as I like the market conditions and your price is still as competitive as it is now. I hope you'll have "VAT free quota" to germany left at that point.

How big is it? I am greatly afraid that Germany will be the first country to fill its quota. For obvious reasons  Cheesy

Btw. do you like the fixed s/h fee? I know it will be a little different based on country, but this way there is no guessing, the risk is on me, and I can serve also smaller orders as they don't yield a loss.

Since you've ordered a Casascius 1 BTC Coin from me (thanks) you obviously know I'm going the same route with the shipping being flat-rate.

Of course it's even more complicated in your case since you can't just stuff the coins into a letter. But even I had like 12 different shipping options (differing by destination, weight, insurance) in one of my earlier sales-threads so the approach you take makes a lot of sense, I like it... both as a buyer and as a seller.

I'm glad I don't have quite such a large problem with bitcoin price fluctiations since my supplier (Casascius) charges BTC, not USD, so fluctuation only affects the shipping cost, not the product. It looks like you have a workable solution for that problem now and I congratulate you on that.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 11:50:06 AM

4. You PM me first your name and address and the total amount of coins, the total price, and your message in satoshi. How? The message is a number from 111 to 999, which you decide, and add to the sum in satoshi. Eg. You want to order 25 coins at the price of BTC0.724. You calculate your amount payable as follows: 25*0.724 + 0.500 + message*0.00000001. Assuming your message is 337, this evaluates: 18.1 + .5 + .00000337 = 18.60000337. This is of paramount importance, as this is the way how I will be able to connect you to the incoming funds.

This is not such a bad "hack" until we have a working pay-to-contract scheme that produces a way for the buyer to prove payment for a specific order while still allowing the merchants wallet to be offline.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 12:13:06 PM

4. You PM me first your name and address and the total amount of coins, the total price, and your message in satoshi. How? The message is a number from 111 to 999, which you decide, and add to the sum in satoshi. Eg. You want to order 25 coins at the price of BTC0.724. You calculate your amount payable as follows: 25*0.724 + 0.500 + message*0.00000001. Assuming your message is 337, this evaluates: 18.1 + .5 + .00000337 = 18.60000337. This is of paramount importance, as this is the way how I will be able to connect you to the incoming funds.

This is not such a bad "hack" until we have a working pay-to-contract scheme that produces a way for the buyer to prove payment for a specific order while still allowing the merchants wallet to be offline.

Thank you for showing trust to my procedures. I'm trying my best to make it as straightforward as possible, yet retain some redundancy to make it possible to solve error modes.

Yeah, you guessed it right. I intend not to spend from this wallet until I have to. The next goal is BTC1000. The private key has not been shown to the network yet, it is split in half and stored in paper form in two different safes, so the funds should be secured from illegitimate access.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 01:09:30 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2013, 11:25:24 AM by rpietila

21.3.2013 - Opportunity closed. Thank you all who ordered from us, don't forget to give honest feedback on the shipping process!

Whereas,
We are so Happy to have more trust among the members of this community due to the following developments,
- 2 orders in the first 3 days of operation
- The new "donator"-tag with all the associated privileges
- I have successfully edited my signature to reflect my status,

WE WANT TO GIVE OUT SOME MAPLE LEAFS AT SPOT PRICE, , INCLUDING SHIPPING.

We see this as a move to try out the capabilities of our shipping department also, and to see how the new ordering system works. The offer is limited to 50 coins in total, and a maximum of 3 coins per customer. Note that there is a quota of 3 orders only per EU country, which means that you may not qualify to order even though there are coins left in the total quota. I will inform you beforehand of this development, by posting below, the countries that are excluded from the offer due to the cap in orders:

CLOSED

You may take advantage of this offer by following the procedures set out in the Original Post (OP) of this thread, with the only exception of the price being the one set on this post. (If you order for normal price, I will honor your decision.) Please use the satoshi-message as specified.

Also when you order, I would appreciate your greetings here in this thread.

Savior

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 04:21:59 PM

You can't ship to Norway? we don't have VAT tax on silver coins so should be possible I think.
If not, Sweden works? ( sorry if this is obvious, I don't live in Sweden)
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 04:31:37 PM

You can't ship to Norway? we don't have VAT tax on silver coins so should be possible I think.
If not, Sweden works? ( sorry if this is obvious, I don't live in Sweden)

I don't ship to Norway, (even though it is entirely your problem how to deal with your VAT that does exist for sure).

Yes, I can ship to Sweden.

molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 05:34:00 PM

Whereas,
We are so Happy to have more trust among the members of this community due to the following developments,
- 2 orders in the first 3 days of operation
- The new "donator"-tag with all the associated privileges
- I have successfully edited my signature to reflect my status,

We see this as a move to try out the capabilities of our shipping department also, and to see how the new ordering system works. The offer is limited to 50 coins in total, and a maximum of 3 coins per customer. Note that there is a quota of 3 orders only, to every single European Union country, which means that you may not qualify to order even though there are coins left in the total quota. I will inform you beforehand of this development, by posting below, the countries that are excluded from the offer due to the cap in orders:

.No countries excluded.

You may take advantage of this offer by following the procedures set out in the Original Post (OP) of this thread, with the only exception of the price being the one set on this post. (If you order for normal price, I will honor your decision.) Please use the satoshi-message as specified.

Also when you order, I would appreciate your greetings here in this thread.

What's a cooler deal than buying silver at spot price with no VAT using Bitcoin? Seriously can't think of much.

Just had to do it and ordered 3. A great offer.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 06:55:10 PM

What's a cooler deal than buying silver at spot price with no VAT using Bitcoin? Seriously can't think of much.

That's the thing to do, then. Thanks for your order! If you appreciate your friends, spread the link  Grin

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 11:27:36 AM

Updated that there will only be 2 more orders to Germany at the special price of .

Our normal price of beats all competitors, though...

See post #1 for details about normal price, #50 for the special deal.

peterepeat

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 01:30:17 PM

Hi, can you ship the coin to Australia?
Thanks Smiley
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 01:58:12 PM

Hi, can you ship the coin to Australia?
Thanks Smiley

No, sorry. EU only. (Of course I can but I don't want to, coinabul got into trouble because of it..)

randomguy7

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 09:31:41 PM

I gave it a try, too (3 coins).
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 10:43:29 PM

I can't get over the fact that 1 Casascius = 2 Silver Eagles. It's amazing. I didn't think we'd get there this quickly.

randomguy7

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 10:48:13 PM

I can't get over the fact that 1 Casascius = 2 Silver Eagles. It's amazing. I didn't think we'd get there this quickly.

Can't wait for 1 Casascius = 1 gold ounce Grin
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: