Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:42:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | ARDOR | Scalable Blockchain-as-a-Service Platform | Proof of Stake  (Read 395417 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
sheld0n

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 07:18:43 PM

Okay, but what is Jelurida? Is it the private company behind Ardor? I am little bit confused now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 07:39:33 PM

NXT will continue to be developed. Part of funds from IGNIS ICO will be going towards NXT development.

http://www.jelurida.com/ico

The funds collected will be used by Jelurida to ensure the future development of the Nxt and Ardor blockchain platforms. 

No it won't. It will be slowly left to die since it will actually become obsolete very soon after ARDOR is operational.

The ICO is, simply put, just another scheme by "the team" to quickly cash in. In fiat, too. Jelurida -do not forget- is a PRIVATE, CENTRALIZED, FOR PROFIT company owned by "the team", basically.

NXT holders -and ICO buyers- are in for a huge disappointment when the get half one NXT for every one they hold in their wallets. What do you think is going to be the value of IGNIS, a child chain (in reality just another shade of Ardor), divided by OVER 1 BILLION TOKENS? This is a cry moment in crypto alright but even so, and for the shake of comparison, take a look at a recent extraordinarily successful ICO, Aragon, who got over subscribed and collected 25 million dollars (more than a bit far from 1 BILLION plus, that would be the value required so you can get, approximately 3-4 cents of a dollar for every net you have in the wallet at time of snapshot... let that sink in for a moment or two). AND, being a project with real world names supporting and leading it, far superior in concept and in every other aspect to IGNIS, it is trading now at BELOW ICO prices.

Anyway, keep your NXT if you still believe, but don't claim ignorance when the thing hits the fan.
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 07:54:17 PM

[...] keep your NXT [...]

Right now this looks like a good advice, thanks.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 08:21:44 PM

You're welcome. But you've been around for a while so I know you will not claim ignorance.
wolffang

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 05:26:12 AM

You're welcome. But you've been around for a while so I know you will not claim ignorance.

Barabbas like i said before your posts here and in ethereum fora show that you really need education, but you think you "know" everything already.
You didnt accept my invite to join slack, so that confirms my analysis.
lurker10

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 02:07:41 PM

FYI, newcomers!
Did you know you can mine NXT (and buy Ardor with it on the Nxt Asset Exchange!) in the Lucky node project?
Computational and bandwidth requirements are very low - some users run it on a Raspberry Pi.
Run the node 24/7 or as often as you can while you work or play.
Join in with the over 100 nodes that are already in the project.

maco144

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 03:12:36 AM

NXT will continue to be developed. Part of funds from IGNIS ICO will be going towards NXT development.

The funds collected will be used by Jelurida to ensure the future development of the Nxt and Ardor blockchain platforms. 

No it won't. It will be slowly left to die since it will actually become obsolete very soon after ARDOR is operational.

The ICO is, simply put, just another scheme by "the team" to quickly cash in. In fiat, too. Jelurida -do not forget- is a PRIVATE, CENTRALIZED, FOR PROFIT company owned by "the team", basically.

NXT holders -and ICO buyers- are in for a huge disappointment when the get half one NXT for every one they hold in their wallets. What do you think is going to be the value of IGNIS, a child chain (in reality just another shade of Ardor), divided by OVER 1 BILLION TOKENS? This is a cry moment in crypto alright but even so, and for the shake of comparison, take a look at a recent extraordinarily successful ICO, Aragon, who got over subscribed and collected 25 million dollars (more than a bit far from 1 BILLION plus, that would be the value required so you can get, approximately 3-4 cents of a dollar for every net you have in the wallet at time of snapshot... let that sink in for a moment or two). AND, being a project with real world names supporting and leading it, far superior in concept and in every other aspect to IGNIS, it is trading now at BELOW ICO prices.

Anyway, keep your NXT if you still believe, but don't claim ignorance when the thing hits the fan.

I think this is a great post. As an uninformed investor, how is he wrong? I want to see Ardor succeed but if they mint 500000000 coins their value will be pennies for years until billions upon billions pour in. How is this wrong? Current exchanges over 10c for Ardor, why would I buy at that price when ICO won't bring in nearly enough money to see profit...?

wolffang

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 04:46:52 AM

I think this is a great post. As an uninformed investor, how is he wrong? I want to see Ardor succeed but if they mint 500000000 coins their value will be pennies for years until billions upon billions pour in. How is this wrong? Current exchanges over 10c for Ardor, why would I buy at that price when ICO won't bring in nearly enough money to see profit...?

You invest in what you want to invest.
If you study algorithms you would know that for Proof of Stake the tokens need to be premined for security reasons.

If you buy 1 waves for 1 dollar or 10 Ardor for 1 dollar, i dont see where you are getting at.

But like i said you invest in what you want to invest in.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 05:19:26 AM

Barabbas like i said before your posts here and in ethereum fora show that you really need education, but you think you "know" everything already.
You didnt accept my invite to join slack, so that confirms my analysis.

I do not post on the ethereum "fora", so you must have me taken for someone else?

But I know a thing or two about what over a billion IGNIS will be worth is you take the most successful ICO to date-something that IGNIS won't even come close to- and extrapolate numbers.

But love your condescending "argument". Hey, so far you and the scheme has worked, so what do I know, right?

Oh and I have been -although rarely visited- on slack for years now.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 05:28:36 AM

You invest in what you want to invest.
If you study algorithms you would know that for Proof of Stake the tokens need to be premined for security reasons.

If you buy 1 waves for 1 dollar or 10 Ardor for 1 dollar, i dont see where you are getting at.

But like i said you invest in what you want to invest in.

Let me "educate" you on what he's getting at: Over 1 BILLION IGNIS will be valued at 1 penny and it would still mean the whole thing is worth 10 million dollars -which is way more than IGNIS will be ever worth on any market-. That means that if you have, say 50,000 NXT you will receive 25,000 IGNIS... all of 250 dollars of it --which, by the way is what ONE BTC gained today.

Let me "educate" you just a bit more on speculation: My bet is that IGNIS will raise in the ICO no more than a couple hundred thousand -- if that. And that's assuming the hedge fund guys are still around crypto inflating ICO prices for fun and quick profit. But then again, this is just "educated" speculation so we will continue to wait and see, won't we?

Love your "arguments" though. Plenty "educational"... 
saywahtinteh

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 07:19:58 AM

As a 100% Ardor investor I wonder how the value will be effected until the upcoming Ignis snapshot. I mean in terms of possible dilution. I think this is more interesting to consider than the value of NXT since I still do think Ardor represents NXT 2.0. Seems to me that Ardor is basically an evolution of the asset/currency system of NXT. It can't do everything NXT can but its children can (afaik)..plus more.

Have to say I think there's been some slight backpedaling going on since this topic was announced. I think this has actually caused some confusion. The title of the topic has changed to be more separated from NXT. It also seemed that Ardor was distributed 1:1 to all NXT holders so no current investor of NXT would feel left out (everyone got a piece of the pie). In light of this I can't help to think that Ardor would benefit if the community would give it full attention instead of possibly splitting it between it and its predecessor (I see no reason to, to be honest).
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 07:51:42 AM

As a 100% Ardor investor I wonder how the value will be effected until the upcoming Ignis snapshot. I mean in terms of possible dilution. I think this is more interesting to consider than the value of NXT since I still do think Ardor represents NXT 2.0. Seems to me that Ardor is basically an evolution of the asset/currency system of NXT. It can't do everything NXT can but its children can (afaik)..plus more.

Have to say I think there's been some slight backpedaling going on since this topic was announced. I think this has actually caused some confusion. The title of the topic has changed to be more separated from NXT. It also seemed that Ardor was distributed 1:1 to all NXT holders so no current investor of NXT would feel left out (everyone got a piece of the pie). In light of this I can't help to think that Ardor would benefit if the community would give it full attention instead of possibly splitting it between it and its predecessor (I see no reason to, to be honest).

Number one, I agree as you can read in many pages on this thread, with you: There's no solid  reason to keep NXT. And it will not continue beyond a point since it will be obsolete one ARDOR is fully implemented. This has been said many times by "the team".

The statement that you make -for  which you, honestly, see no reason-, perhaps would make some sense if you frame your thoughts around a particular scenario: Consider if you will that the "in the know team" has been dumping their collective massive amount of NXT for months and hoarding the BTC/fiat instead? Put yourself in their shoes... yes, you will be giving up on the half of IGNIS gift (read above for the value of it and compare with the past and present value of NXT), but you (if you are a member of "the in the know team") have already half of it, more in fact, more than 500 MILLION of it (that's a lot of pennies ON TOP of what you have already collected dumping NXT for months). And, naturally, you keep your ARDOR (NXT 2.0, in fact), that you got entirely for free.

Now get out of those shoes, they don't belong to you!

And last but certainly not least: How would you get the support of the community -that you need to maintain the strength of the network-, while at the same time lining up your pockets through the formation of a CENTRALIZED, 100% PRIVATE, FOR-PROFIT corporation?

Interesting questions, aren't they?

But what do I know? I need a lot of "education", you know?
realneural

Activity: 43

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 08:14:46 AM
Last edit: May 24, 2017, 08:56:47 AM by realneural

And last but certainly not least: How would you get the support of the community -that you need to maintain the strength of the network-, while at the same time lining up your pockets through the formation of a CENTRALIZED, 100% PRIVATE, FOR-PROFIT corporation?

Now why would you not want to see a for-profit company that supports and develops the ardr ignis and nxt to flourish? As a community member I can say they have my full support. I got my free stake of ardr from snapshot and both ardr and nxt are doing more than well. For crypto a for-profit real corporation seems to be one of the most efficient ways to enter the fintech sector.

Your rant does not make any sense unless you have some strong ideological reason for not supporting Jelurida. I'm here for profit not for ideology or crypto-religion. And I'm happy with results and it seems to only get better and better.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 09:01:28 AM

Now why would you not want to see a for profit company that supports and develops the ardr ignis and nxt not flourish? As a community member I can say they have my full support. I got my free stake of ardr from snapshot and both ardr and nxt are doing more than well. For crypto a for-profit real corporation seems to be one of the most efficient ways to enter the fintech sector.

Your rant does not make any sense unless you have some strong ideological reason for not supporting Jelurida. I'm here for profit not for ideology or crypto-religion. And I'm happy with results and it seems to only get better and better.

I must not have been clear enough: I am in this for profit, like you, AND because I firmly believe in a decentralized monetary system. I also believe I have supported, with my investment, the team whose mission it is -I was led to believe- to work for ME, FOR US, in NXT or whatever else they decide to call future evolution of the project. That was the AGREEMENT. It definitely was not that I would subsidize or otherwise support their private endeavors. You get me? They are, of course, more than free to pursue those endeavors away from the NXT project, in the private sector -and I would very deeply question the ethics of that-, but to do so taking advantage of the supporters and investors in NXT?  Mighty devious in my view.

You see, it may sound "fair" to give everyone one for one. But when you decide the moment of the announcement so you can load up on the cheap because no one knows your scheme and then, when the scheme works, you dump because you know it's going to be worthless and obsolete while you rack up the dough and string the community with the promise to give it some crumbs on your next scheme, which will be worth very, very little, that's not really being in the up and up, is it?

Or maybe it's that I'm rather peculiar that way, what do you think?
thecryptoconsultant

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

thecryptoconsultant.com

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2017, 09:07:20 AM

Hi All,

I have a pretty vague question. Prior to the ICO, how the Ardor network will make money out of the other plateforms that are using Ardor as their base layer ?

Victor

Subscribe to the www.thecryptoconsultant.com 's newsletter to receive some Crypto news and analysis !

TheCryptoConsultant.com is time-saving and trustworthy.
sheld0n

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 07:31:27 PM

Is there an exact release date of Ardor or at least a month where it should released this year? I couldn't find the appropriate information. Thanks!
maco144

Activity: 71

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 08:30:43 PM

Why would Ardor team want coin to appreciate in value much anyway? If mainly B2B applications and chains low coin price keeps cost low to entice businesses in. Hence one reason for minting 1B coins. I really wanted to get involved with this but will stay away now that my eyes are open to the scheme.
wolffang

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 10:09:20 PM

Is there an exact release date of Ardor or at least a month where it should released this year? I couldn't find the appropriate information. Thanks!

3rd quarter of this year. Between july and september.
Check Jelurida.com for more info
wolffang

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 08:35:10 AM

Check for the latest news also twitter:

www.twitter.com/ardorplatform
ThomasVeil

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 07:39:55 PM

Hi All,

I have a pretty vague question. Prior to the ICO, how the Ardor network will make money out of the other plateforms that are using Ardor as their base layer ?

I'm not sure I'm following. Prior to the ICO (of the Ardor child-chain Ignis), there will be no Ardor platform. The genesis block will contain all balances of ARDR and IGNIS.   
Other chains will follow only later.
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: