Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:09:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | ARDOR | Scalable Blockchain-as-a-Service Platform | Proof of Stake  (Read 395206 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
titan20

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 10:13:37 PM

Will assets on childchains of ARDR be directly tradeable against BTC (buy and sell against BTC)?
On the nxt asset exchange you have to buy nxt first to be able to buy assets. People who want to get out of assets sell against nxt and and then exchange the nxt to other currencies causing a downward price pressure on nxt.

So if this is the same in ARDR it has the same disadvantages of nxt. But i hope it is different.

Yes.

Quote from: Damelon link=https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/(ardor)-sample-screens-of-btc-usd-trades
Ardor will allow payment providers to use its Assets to trade currencies over multiple chains.
Assets on Ardor are GLOBAL, which means you can trade them across all child chains.
When properly set up (and it's easy to do so) you can use Asset tokens to represent another currency (BTC, EUR, USD, NXT, ETH, whatever) and trade them using Ardors AE.

So you could sell an asset A on child chain 1 directly to an asset B on another childchain 2. Where Asset B represents another currency.

But how does this work? Can someone explain to me how you get the real BTC if i would, for example, sell asset A for Asset B. 

I have asset B and want the real BTC it represents. What do i do?

AUTO COIN

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
      Stand-Alone Solutions Set to Revolutionize the Automotive Sector     
WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTWITTERTELEGRAMFACEBOOKYOUTUBEINSTAGRAM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wolffang

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 05:36:45 AM

Will assets on childchains of ARDR be directly tradeable against BTC (buy and sell against BTC)?
On the nxt asset exchange you have to buy nxt first to be able to buy assets. People who want to get out of assets sell against nxt and and then exchange the nxt to other currencies causing a downward price pressure on nxt.

So if this is the same in ARDR it has the same disadvantages of nxt. But i hope it is different.

Yes.

Quote from: Damelon link=https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/(ardor)-sample-screens-of-btc-usd-trades
Ardor will allow payment providers to use its Assets to trade currencies over multiple chains.
Assets on Ardor are GLOBAL, which means you can trade them across all child chains.
When properly set up (and it's easy to do so) you can use Asset tokens to represent another currency (BTC, EUR, USD, NXT, ETH, whatever) and trade them using Ardors AE.

So you could sell an asset A on child chain 1 directly to an asset B on another childchain 2. Where Asset B represents another currency.

But how does this work? Can someone explain to me how you get the real BTC if i would, for example, sell asset A for Asset B. 

I have asset B and want the real BTC it represents. What do i do?

Try it out when testnet is live  Grin
freshman777

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2017, 09:06:22 AM

A few quotes just made today by JeanLuc, core dev.

Quote from: Jean-Luc
A017. 2015-07-28. Allow AE issuer use Asset to make dividends payment in another Asset.
A006. 2015-06-16. Allow AE issuer use MS to dividends payment.

Those two are already implemented in Ardor.

Ardor fees from child block transactions are split back in 1:1:1:1 ratio with the previous 3 block forgers.

Of course the AE is being developed, it is one of our most important components. One major improvement is that the limitation on number of decimal places is gone, but this required changing the way order prices are defined, they are now in NQT per share of the asset instead of NQT per QNT.

Next is allowing editable asset descriptions and increasing number of shares, this may be done after testnet launch though.

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 04:35:16 PM

When is it coming live?
dranster

Activity: 546

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 04:38:14 PM

When is it coming live?

IN 3-4 months

Keep calm
wolffang

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 05:15:55 PM

When is it coming live?

IN 3-4 months

Keep calm

In this Q1 so between now and end of March
Pokop

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 07:36:17 PM

Nxt is the new generation Bitcoin - Bas Wisselink - Dave Pearce
http://www.thepercept.com/nxt-new-generation-bitcoin-bas-wisselink-dave-pearce/
This was a shit interview again
freshman777

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2017, 11:01:43 AM

1 ARDR is currently worth 3.7 NXT on the built-in fully decentralized asset exchange:
https://nxtportal.org/assets/12422608354438203866
Risk of the decentralized exchange goxxing you, insider trading against you is ZERO.
To trade you need a NXT client https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/nrs-v1-11-2/

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
freshman777

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2017, 04:49:14 PM

Riker, one of core devs, posted this update today.

Quote from: Riker
Getting closer to the Ardor testnet release but still some way to go.
The server code is nearly complete and the APIs are mostly stable.
Still some lingering issues with decimal conversions which we are about to fix soon.

Most of the work will now focus on getting the client UI ready for release. Lot's of small details to take care of.
In order to keep you informed, I would like to start posting regular updates about our progress and start crossing out the tasks from the list below until we ready for release.

Here is a list of remaining tasks which we would like to complete before the official release:
- More work on the Coin Exchange page and tables
- Prefix each MS currency name with the name of the chain to which it belongs
- Ability to link from a child chain transaction to the ChildChainBlock transaction in which it was bundled
- Improve the entity properties modal to support entities like orders and offers
- Format amounts and links in the entity properties modal
- Test and fix currency reserve/claim tables and modals
- Remove child chain specific widgets from the Ardor UI
- Reomve Ardor specific widgets from the child chain UI
- UI for the new "by holding" dividend modal
- UI for the "by holding" dividend history

In addition we also need to double check the UI of the following modules for problems caused by the mode to per chain entities:
AE
MS
Voting
Cloud Data
Aliases
Phasing
Account Control
Leasing
Account Properties
Account Monitor

SEOcrypto

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 04:56:17 PM

^Great update above, thank you for sharing!
wolffang

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 09:04:53 PM

Here is the link to the Ardor testnet countdown update by CoreDev Riker:

https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/ardor-testnet-countdown/
TrueAnon
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 07:57:32 PM

LOL fucking whales/traders always dump on news.  Dev good news today and price already go from 2500 back to 1900! wth??  I'm sure this is just small break before true breakout.  Cool Wink

Anyway, thank you for such dumps as I collect some more, looking fwd to 10k+ ARDR sooner or later Cheesy
lurker10

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 06:37:57 AM

LOL fucking whales/traders always dump on news.  Dev good news today and price already go from 2500 back to 1900! wth??  I'm sure this is just small break before true breakout.  Cool Wink

Anyway, thank you for such dumps as I collect some more, looking fwd to 10k+ ARDR sooner or later Cheesy

May the Force be with you.

wolffang

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 09:58:33 AM

Update on:
Remaining Task list for Ardor testnet published by CoreDev Riker:

https://www.nxtforum.org/general-discussion/ardor-testnet-countdown
martismartis
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 10:01:47 AM

what differences between Nxt and Ardor will be: https://nxtforum.org/index.php?topic=13245.0
RJF19

Activity: 420

AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 05:50:59 PM

A long time ago, I used to hate the way whales operate. Today I don't mind at all. They dump, I buy. Trick is to pick the good projects...

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
lurker10

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 06:48:20 AM

FYI, newcomers!
Did you know you can mine NXT (and buy Ardor with it on the Nxt Asset Exchange!) in the Lucky node project?
Computational and bandwidth requirements are very low - some users run it on a Raspberry Pi.
Run the node 24/7 or as often as you can while you work or play.
Join in with the over 100 nodes that are already in the project.

jacaf01

Activity: 742

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2017, 07:16:37 AM

A long time ago, I used to hate the way whales operate. Today I don't mind at all. They dump, I buy. Trick is to pick the good projects...

Agree, the best time to buy into a project is when there is panic in the market and the price dumped, so many value in the market presently, especially for good projects below the ICO price.

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Damelon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 07:46:08 PM

Ardor vs Nxt functional comparison

Source: https://nxtforum.org/core-development-announcements/ardor-vs-nxt-functional-comparison/

FunctionalityNxtArdor
BlockchainsSingle chainOne parent chain with multiple child chains
Transaction tokensThe same token (NXT) is used for establishing the consensus and providing the security of the blockchain, as well as for the basic unit of value in all transactionsOnly the parent chain token (ARDR) is used in the proof-of-stake consensus, and thus provides security for all child chains. Child chain tokens are used as transactional units of value only.
Transaction feesTransaction fees are paid in NXT only, requiring users to always have NXT in their accounts.On each chain transaction fees are paid in the native token (coin) of that chain. End users do not need to own ARDR tokens.
FeaturesAsset Exchange, Monetary System, Aliases, Messaging, Digital Goods Store, Voting System, Shuffling, Data Cloud, Phasing, Account Control, Account PropertiesAll these features are preserved in Ardor, and are available on each child chain. A child chain can optionally be restricted not to enable some features. The parent chain supports a limited subset of features, as it is intended to be used for consensus establishing only and not for everyday transactions.
AccountsEach passphrase maps to a single account. Passphrases can't be changed, and there is no wallet file to store.The same mapping of passphrases to account numbers is used as in Nxt. Accounts are global across all child chains, and an account can have balances in each of the existing child chain coins, as well as in ARDR.
HoldingsThere is a single coin (NXT), and unlimited user-issued Assets and Monetary System currencies.Each chain has its own coin. Assets and MS currencies can be issued on any child chain, and are available for trading globally. Assets or MS currencies can optionally be restricted* to some child chains only.
TradingAssets and MS currencies can be traded for NXT only.Assets and MS currencies can be traded on any child chain, with price denominated in the corresponding child chain coin.
Coin ExchangeN/AA new feature, Coin Exchange, allows trading of child chain coins to each other, and also to the parent chain coin (ARDR).
DividendsAsset dividends can be paid in NXT only.Asset dividends can be paid in any of the child chain coins, by simply issuing the payment transaction on the corresponding chain. Additionally, paying dividends in another Asset or in MS currency has been implemented.
CrowdfundingCrowdfunding feature is available in the Monetary System, but the funds must be collected in NXT only.Crowdfunding feature is available on all child chains, and on each child chain the funds are collected in the corresponding child chain coin.
ShufflingShuffling of NXT, Assets, and MS currencies is available.On each child chain, shuffling of the corresponding coin, or any Asset or MS Currency, is supported.
AliasesAlias names are globally unique.Alias names are unique within each child chain only.
MS CurrenciesCurrency codes and names are globally unique.Currency codes and names are unique within a child chain only.
PruningPruning is available for plain and encrypted messages, and for tagged data (data cloud feature). Pruned data are retrieved automatically on demand from designated archival nodes.Pruning and retrieving of all prunable data is available as in Nxt. In addition, the child chain transactions themselves are designed to be prunable and will not need to be stored permanently or re-downloaded by every new node. The actual pruning of transactions will be implemented later.*
Transaction identifiersTransaction IDs are 64-bit longs, and are globally unique.The 64-bit transaction IDs are no longer guaranteed to be globally unique for child chains. 256-bit transaction hashes (sha256 digests) are used instead as transaction identifiers.
Block generationA "forging" process is used to create new blocks, with the probability of block creation dependent on the account NXT balance (stake).The same forging algorithm is used as in Nxt, dependent on ARDR account balances only.
BundlingN/AA new process, "bundling", is used to group child chain transactions into a parent chain transaction ("child chain block"), which is then included in the parent chain. Any account can play the role of a bundler. The bundling process also performs the exchange of fees paid by users in child chain tokens into ARDR fees accepted by the block forgers.
PhasingTransaction execution can be made conditional, subject to approval using various voting models.Same voting models as in Nxt, but phasing is possible on child chains only. Approval transactions can be on a different child chain from the phased transaction, and the by-transaction voting model also supports linking to a transaction hash on a different child chain.
Account controlAccounts can be restricted to use phasing only (mandatory approval).Same as in Nxt, but accounts under phasing-only restriction cannot submit transactions on the parent chain, as those cannot be phased.
Peer networkingHTTP based, also with WebSocket support, transmitting JSON formatted data between peers.Completely re-written and optimized, using native Java sockets and binary messages between peers. Block and transaction propagation has been significantly improved, by exchanging and caching information about currently available blocks and transactions between peers and only propagating the missing data pieces.
APIHTTP query APIs, returning JSON formatted response.Mostly unchanged, except:
1. A "chain" parameter has been added to each API that is child chain specific.
2. 64-bit long transaction IDs have been replaced with 256-bit hashes.
3. All prices and rates that were previously defined relative to the smallest indivisible holding amount ("QNT") are now defined relative to a unit of the holding (share).
ScalabilityTransactions are stored in the blockchain permanently, and need to be re-downloaded and re-processed by every new node, which after months and years of operation becomes a significant bottleneck.All child chain transactions will be possible to prune completely, without affecting blockchain security, thus allowing the blockchain size to be kept much smaller. A new node joining the network only needs to download the parent chain transactions, followed by the latest snapshot of the current system state.*

* Functionallity marked with asterisk is planned to be implemented in a future Ardor release. All other functionallity is already implemented and currently being tested on a testnet blockchain.

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 08:22:39 PM

forgot I had nxt I bought 2 days after launch...

what's the best thing to do right now?

Not logged into nxt since the day I bought the coins. Should I log in and find out how to claim by ardor or is there some reason to leave it all alone until q3 2017?

Don't have a huge amount I think I only bought about 3 LTC worth but got about 70k nxt back then. Nxt has been up and down in price since then so I probably missed the best time to sell as usual.

Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: