Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:03:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | ARDOR | Scalable Blockchain-as-a-Service Platform | Proof of Stake  (Read 395416 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
naska21

Activity: 1358
Merit: 635

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 07:07:29 AM
Last edit: May 26, 2017, 07:27:31 AM by naska21

Hi All,

I have a pretty vague question. Prior to the ICO, how the Ardor network will make money out of the other plateforms that are using Ardor as their base layer ?

Victor

Subscribe to the www.thecryptoconsultant.com 's newsletter to receive some Crypto news and analysis !

All ARDR are already distributed. To use Ardor network all other childs will need to pay comission  in the native token (of that coin) paired with ARDR via some kind of exchange service, IMHO

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
revelacaogr
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021

2009 Alea iacta est

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 11:49:39 AM

Lior Yaffe interviewed by El-Pais

https://www.jelurida.com/el-pais-interviews-lior-yaffe
chaosfourever

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 03:58:36 PM

I just don't get why some have such lack of faith in Ardor. It has such amazing potential. Way more than most of the pump and dump shit coins out there.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 04:56:53 AM

... and sold out of ARDR. Not bad a trade.

Too early Wink

Part of the deal. I always leave the last dollars for others. 35% is enough for me.

... that's 35% not counting -because I am not going all fiat- the 17% (and counting) on BTC gained in the same 48 hours.

35% is a good profit... for traditional investment classes Smiley

You don't believe Ardor price can make many-fold increases from here?

It didn't take too long, did it?

Now it's just a matter of waiting for the "many-fold", right? Or are we not done going lower?

My 35% looks quite a bit better now, "many-fold" notwithstanding, doesn't it?
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 05:12:26 AM

I just don't get why some have such lack of faith in Ardor. It has such amazing potential. Way more than most of the pump and dump shit coins out there.

I believe it is doing quite well, everything considered. Nothing special but the river of money that came into the space sprinkled both NXT and ARDR for a while (it's over now, I'm afraid).

And you are right, there are a bunch of shitcoins that have gone 10-fold during the period. But there are also a couple dozen ones with real "meat" in them to which ARDR, err NXT 2.0 if you will, is nothing but a distant also run with a great tech so badly presented that it will never break through real use cases now that everyone is already developing their own so-called "child chains". I believe NXT has let the boat sail and now there are several others ahead of it EVEN if they are in the preliminary stages (like Stratis, for example). The problem, as I see it -poorly educated in the matter that I am-, is that the NXT network, true and tested as it is, is still very small and therefore a security concern compared with the likes of the de facto standard (Ethereum). So why would anyone choose IGNIS or any other childchain, when an 8 year old can create his own child chain on the Ethereum network?

But what do I know, right?
lurker10

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 06:03:09 AM

Too early Wink

Part of the deal. I always leave the last dollars for others. 35% is enough for me.

... that's 35% not counting -because I am not going all fiat- the 17% (and counting) on BTC gained in the same 48 hours.

Now it's just a matter of waiting for the "many-fold", right? Or are we not done going lower?

*shrugs it off*

Nothing changed, you're a day trader, Ardor isn't launched yet, fundamentals are intact, all the markets took correction.

Right.

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 07:25:37 AM

Too early Wink

*shrugs it off*

Nothing changed, you're a day trader, Ardor isn't launched yet, fundamentals are intact, all the markets took correction.

Right.

Right it is... with 35% in my pocket and, if I want to, the possibility to jump back in for another quick round... except that I believe it will go significantly lower yet this time around so I will soon start testing the waters.

In the meantime, I hope you can pay your rent and grow your investments with intact fundamentals.

One other thing: ARDOR (NXT 2.0) will NEVER take off to join --say the top 10. Ever. Which doesn't mean, obviously, it isn't a great opportunity for traders like me to make some occasional profit in it.
lurker10

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 08:21:44 AM

35% in my pocket

If you talk about fiat, it's in the pocket of whoever controls the fiat system - bankers. Render unto Caesar, you know. Meaning you have no profit, they are letting you use their money and can apply whatever rules they want. Too premature to talk about profits under such conditions.

My question, what did you take profits in?

If you took profit in BTC, well, you took a chance, this is a calculated risk. It's statistically more profitable to buy and hold for 99% of crypto investors than to try to time the market. If you're that 1% that can time the market and switch between crypto coins perfectly, I'd be surprised.

But you said you sold ~12 days ago, about the price level Ardor is now, didn't you. After that Ardor went up another 50%. It's all your word - I can't verify it, I can only check the date of your claim (May 14th), but that's what you said when you said it. Meaning that the price is back to where you sold it 12 days ago. Now if you waited 12 days and sold yesterday, you'd have a profit in BTC that was accrued over the last 12 days. But since you ejaculated your Ardor prematurely 12 days ago, you're back to how much everyone else has who simply bought and held through ups and downs. So, I am not really sure about your skills to time the market, you look to me like an average hit and miss trader, mostly miss Smiley

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 09:13:54 AM

35% in my pocket

If you talk about fiat, it's in the pocket of whoever controls the fiat system - bankers. Render unto Caesar, you know. Meaning you have no profit, they are letting you use their money and can apply whatever rules they want. Too premature to talk about profits under such conditions.

If you took profit in BTC, well, you took a chance, this is a calculated risk. It's statistically more profitable to buy and hold for 99% of crypto investors than to try to time the market. If you're that 1% that can time the market and switch between crypto coins perfectly, I'd be surprised.

But you said you sold ~12 days ago, about the price level Ardor is now, didn't you. After that Ardor went up another 50%. It's all your word - I can't verify it, I can only check the date of your claim (May 14th), but that's what you said when you said it. Meaning that the price is back to where you sold it 12 days ago. Now if you waited 12 days and sold yesterday, you'd have a profit in BTC that was accrued over the last 12 days. But since you ejaculated your Ardor prematurely 12 days ago, you're back to how much everyone else has who simply bought and held through ups and downs. So, I am not really sure about your skills to time the market, you look to me like an average hit and miss trader, mostly miss Smiley

Well no. As usual you are mistaken. As I posted I pocketed 35% gains (BTC , as stated, plus what the BTC gained since I purchased the ARDR originally --- part of it was free actually). And I sold at 4444 and 4777 the whole lot. Admittedly, and as usual, I left the "last dollar" on the table but as stated then, i was certain I'd be able to purchase it back significantly under those prices. So, even if I held my BTC -which I did not- and even after the 25% "loss" of today in BTC, I could purchase the same amount of ARDR that I sold, keep my 35% and still have spare change in significant amounts. AND that is not counting that it will continue to go lower as I start testing the waters for a re-entry.

But if you say that it is a sounder policy to just hold, then I have nothing else to say. It is a bit like saying "many-fold", you know...

In one aspect you are right though: I tend the "ejaculate" somewhat early and leave the last dollar for others.
lurker10

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 09:19:46 AM

35% in my pocket

Well no. As usual you are mistaken. As I posted I pocketed 35% gains (BTC , as stated, plus what the BTC gained since I purchased the ARDR originally --- part of it was free actually). And I sold at 4444 and 4777 the whole lot. Admittedly, and as usual, I left the "last dollar" on the table but as stated then, i was certain I'd be able to purchase it back significantly under those prices. So, even if I held my BTC -which I did not- and even after the 25% "loss" of today in BTC, I could purchase the same amount of ARDR that I sold, keep my 35% and still have spare change in significant amounts. AND that is not counting that it will continue to go lower as I start testing the waters for a re-entry.

But if you say that it is a sounder policy to just hold, then I have nothing else to say. It is a bit like saying "many-fold", you know...

In one aspect you are right though: I tend the "ejaculate" somewhat early and leave the last dollar for others.

You didn't respond, what is your end game and what do you take profits in?

ThomasVeil

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 11:10:28 AM

I also believe I have supported, with my investment, the team whose mission it is -I was led to believe- to work for ME, FOR US, in NXT or whatever else they decide to call future evolution of the project. That was the AGREEMENT. It definitely was not that I would subsidize or otherwise support their private endeavors. You get me?

Well, I don't get you. Do you actually think you bought the NXT dev team when you bought the tokens?
You can go and fund their team, and then maybe you can have influence on what they do. Notice that nobody forces you to buy their ICO - and nobody forces you to care about IGNIS. Or better, go program stuff yourself - I'm sure contributors are needed.

It's generally tough to organize in crypto - there is no simple solution how things should work. Because decentralization is tough. But devs need money to survive if they are supposed to put time and effort into the project... same for the marketing team. All of which is necessary. The NXT team did a fantastic job with the very limited resources they had so far - keeping going through the lowest low. So I have good hopes that they'll do well with proper funding.

The weirdest part is how you repeat "ONE BILLION COINS". The number doesn't matter - they could have just moved the decimal three steps - would you then say "ah, it's fine, only one million coins"? It's the exact same thing. It's the valuation that matters.
And at the most you can complain that you get all these coins for free, although you don't have use for it. But else... all these plans have been in the open since the Ardor idea started.
ciappa

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 06:36:17 PM

Someone knows when the snapshot fir IGNIS will be performed?

███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██ ▀███▀  ▀█
██        ▀█
██▄       ██
█▀█▄     ███
██▄▄▄▄▄█████

██████▀▀▀███
█████  ▄▄███
████    ████
█████  █████
█████▄▄█████
Whitepaper
Announcement
Bounty
  ███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███
  ███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███

▄▄
                  ▄▄████
              ▄▄████████
          ▄▄███████▀████
      ▄▄█████████▀ █████
  ▄▄███████████▀ ▄██████
█████████████▀  ████████
   ▀▀██████▀  ▄█████████
       ▀▀▀  ▄███████████
           ▄████████████
           █████████████
           ████▀  ▀▀████
           ██▀       ▀██
wolffang

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 08:42:32 PM

Someone knows when the snapshot fir IGNIS will be performed?

Hi, between this July and September.
Exact date for the 1 time snapshot not known yet.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 04:00:27 AM

35% in my pocket

You didn't respond, what is your end game and what do you take profits in?

I have been trading BTC -while generally keeping a long position- for several years now. Does that answer your question? I also trade other alts, like NXT and ARDR (missed badly on Stratis and made a bit of money on ETH but let it go ages before I should have (looking for a real good re-entry now).

I fail to see why any of this would be of interest to anyone here though. Just to satisfy your curiosity my final game es to contribute to a new monetary system while making a fortune doing it.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 04:26:15 AM

I also believe I have supported, with my investment, the team whose mission it is -I was led to believe- to work for ME, FOR US, in NXT or whatever else they decide to call future evolution of the project. That was the AGREEMENT. It definitely was not that I would subsidize or otherwise support their private endeavors. You get me?

Well, I don't get you. Do you actually think you bought the NXT dev team when you bought the tokens?
To a certain extent, yes.
You can go and fund their team, and then maybe you can have influence on what they do. Notice that nobody forces you to buy their ICO - and nobody forces you to care about IGNIS. Or better, go program stuff yourself - I'm sure contributors are needed.

It's generally tough to organize in crypto - there is no simple solution how things should work. Because decentralization is tough. But devs need money to survive if they are supposed to put time and effort into the project... same for the marketing team. All of which is necessary. The NXT team did a fantastic job with the very limited resources they had so far - keeping going through the lowest low. So I have good hopes that they'll do well with proper funding.

We differ. Greatly. Hence the root of the problem and the impossibility of an agreement on the subject. In my view, the devs make a big investment, personal and financial, in the project that they choose. And the rewards are pretty much standard: They have a great stake in the coin so they work ceaselessly (I'm thinking Buterin here, sorry) and smartly in making their project the biggest it can be. For all investors and supporters but also, and perhaps mainly, for themselves. Now if Vitalik and company start a private business on the side but using the miners supporting the Ethereum Network to make it work, that wouldn't be very ethical now, would it? When you commit to being the dev/s of a project (like NEXT -by any other names- you do DO exactly that AND ONLY that. You are already in a quite questionable position being that you have permanent access to inside information and can -and do- profit handsomely from that privilege, with no accountability at all, as opposed to what would be in the private world. A bit clearer now? It is called, in the real world, that is, "conflict of interest". And people would be forced to resign and could even go to prison for it.

I also believe the NXT team has done a very, extremely poor job of promoting this project when it was ages ahead of others -way before superior projects now available-, especially in offering too convoluted information and unnecessary complicated solutions (mostly the client) while not advancing the uses in the real world at all. And not precisely for lack of funds. But that's just me and, like in the former points, we are going to have to agree to disagree, won't we?

The weirdest part is how you repeat "ONE BILLION COINS". The number doesn't matter - they could have just moved the decimal three steps - would you then say "ah, it's fine, only one million coins"? It's the exact same thing. It's the valuation that matters.

This leaves me perplexed. Of course the number doesn't matter at all. Either way, regardless of the number of decimals, the NXT Team gets to keep HALF of it on top of whatever are their more than considerable
personal stakes (in the hundreds of millions). I pointed it out to let people know that, regardless what they are told, they are going to get just pennies in IGNIS, that's all. Pennies for a desperately needed support for the network. Another great scheme. Chapeau again.

And at the most you can complain that you get all these coins for free, although you don't have use for it. But else... all these plans have been in the open since the Ardor idea started.

Yes they have. What doesn't make any of them any less questionable. And perhaps the reason behind the fact that the NXT/ARDR combo has been and remains, by leaps and bounds, the project that has less benefited from the rain of money into alts during the last couple of months.Being relatively transparent about an ethically dubious scheme may not pay in the end. It shouldn't and my personal take is that it won't.

lurker10

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 05:52:13 AM

Nxt devs doing benchmarks. Ardor should easily achieve 100 TPS on average laptops, since it's based on Nxt with added improvements. This is 35x more scalable than Bitcoin.
https://www.jelurida.com/nxt-loadtest-results

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 06:38:16 AM

Nxt devs doing benchmarks. Ardor should easily achieve 100 TPS on average laptops, since it's based on Nxt with added improvements. This is 35x more scalable than Bitcoin.
https://www.jelurida.com/nxt-loadtest-results

NXT/ARDOR = Betamax.
tehMoonwalker

Activity: 392

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2017, 09:21:01 AM

whats going on with nxt/ardor? angry comments, price tanking.. whats going on  Huh
ThomasVeil

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 10:14:30 PM

whats going on with nxt/ardor? angry comments, price tanking.. whats going on  Huh

I think it was the price rise.  
For about two years I've heard no one complaining about the original NXT ICO for example - I nearly thought the topic was over with, since anyone could have bought tons of NXT for a nickel and a dime. But as soon as NXT joined the alt bubble, all this old stuff comes up again.  
People get panicky if the value involved is higher. See also: all the drama queens at r/bitcoin.
MoneyJ

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 10:37:58 PM

I am a little bit confuse. At what asset will IGNIS snapshot at? And what is FNX? Can anyone clear the cobwebs here?

█████████████████████████████
████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
.GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: