Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 09:49:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: religion  (Read 4367 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 08:05:04 PM

The Unanswered Mystery of 7,000-year-old Ubaid Lizardmen

However, there is an archaeological discovery at the Al Ubaid archaeological site, where many pre-Sumerian 7,000-year-old artefacts were found, depicting humanoid figures with lizard characteristics.

The Ubaidian culture is a prehistoric culture in Mesopotamia that dates between 4000 and 5500 BC. As with the Sumerians, the origins of the Ubaidian people is unknown. They lived in large village settlements in mud-brick houses and they had developed architecture, agriculture and farmed the land using irrigation. The domestic architectureincluded large T-shaped houses, open courtyards, paved streets, as well as food processing equipment. Some of these villages began to develop into towns, temples began to appear, as well as monumental buildings such as in Eridu, Ur and Uruk, the major sites of the Sumerian Civilization.  According to the Sumerian texts, Ur was believed to be the first city.

The main site where the unusual artefacts were discovered is called Tell Al'Ubaid – although figurines were also found in Ur and Eridu. The Al'Ubaid site is a small mound of about half a kilometre in diametre and two meters above ground. The site was first excavated by Harry Reginald Hal in 1919. Male and female figurines were found in different postures and in most of the figurines, they appear to be wearing a helmet and have some kind of padding on the shoulders. Other figurines were found to hold a staff or sceptre, possibly as a symbol of justice and ruling. Each figurine has a different pose but the strangest of all is that some female figurines hold babies suckling milk, with the child also represented as a lizard-type creature.

Read more at http://www.ancient-origins.net/unexplained-phenomena/unanswered-mystery-7000-year-old-ubaid-lizardmen-001116?nopaging=1.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
Racey
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 08:30:35 PM

As Henry Ford said, religion is bunk.  Cheesy

And its gone.
Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 08:35:34 PM

However, there is an archaeological discovery at the Al Ubaid archaeological site, where many pre-Sumerian 7,000-year-old artefacts were found, depicting humanoid figures with lizard characteristics.

The Ubaidian culture is a prehistoric culture in Mesopotamia that dates between 4000 and 5500 BC. As with the Sumerians, the origins of the Ubaidian people is unknown. They lived in large village settlements in mud-brick houses and they had developed architecture, agriculture and farmed the land using irrigation. The domestic architectureincluded large T-shaped houses, open courtyards, paved streets, as well as food processing equipment. Some of these villages began to develop into towns, temples began to appear, as well as monumental buildings such as in Eridu, Ur and Uruk, the major sites of the Sumerian Civilization.  According to the Sumerian texts, Ur was believed to be the first city.

The main site where the unusual artefacts were discovered is called Tell Al'Ubaid – although figurines were also found in Ur and Eridu. The Al'Ubaid site is a small mound of about half a kilometre in diametre and two meters above ground. The site was first excavated by Harry Reginald Hal in 1919. Male and female figurines were found in different postures and in most of the figurines, they appear to be wearing a helmet and have some kind of padding on the shoulders. Other figurines were found to hold a staff or sceptre, possibly as a symbol of justice and ruling. Each figurine has a different pose but the strangest of all is that some female figurines hold babies suckling milk, with the child also represented as a lizard-type creature.

Read more at http://www.ancient-origins.net/unexplained-phenomena/unanswered-mystery-7000-year-old-ubaid-lizardmen-001116?nopaging=1.

I cannot take a source seriously when it has multiple spelling errors... that is so unprofessional it shows how bad of a source it is

Who fails to use spellcheck in 2016?!?

You have gone off the deep-end dude

You went from religitard to full blown conspiracy theory nutjob
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 08:36:05 PM

Since all people are religious, because it is their nature, Henry Ford's religion of bunk was a bunk religion.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 08:37:19 PM

The Ubaidian culture is a prehistoric culture in Mesopotamia that dates between 4000 and 5500 BC. As with the Sumerians, the origins of the Ubaidian people is unknown. They lived in large village settlements in mud-brick houses and they had developed architecture, agriculture and farmed the land using irrigation. The domestic architectureincluded large T-shaped houses, open courtyards, paved streets, as well as food processing equipment. Some of these villages began to develop into towns, temples began to appear, as well as monumental buildings such as in Eridu, Ur and Uruk, the major sites of the Sumerian Civilization.  According to the Sumerian texts, Ur was believed to be the first city.

I cannot take a source seriously when it has multiple spelling errors... that is so unprofessional it shows how bad of a source it is

Who fails to use spellcheck in 2016?!?

It was done by one of the lizards who hasn't learned English properly, yet.

Grin

Racey
Legendary

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 08:39:07 PM

Since all people are religious, because it is their nature, Henry Ford's religion of bunk was a bunk religion.

Cool

Actually Ford never said anything like it at all, I was testing you out.

I have never seen the slightest scientific proof of the religious theories of heaven and hell, of future life for individuals, or of a personal God.

Religion is bunk.

Not one of all the gods of all the various theologies has ever really been proved. We accept no ordinary scientific fact without the final proof; why should we, then, be satisfied in this most mighty of all matters, with a mere theory?
[Thomas Edison, interview with The Columbian Magazine, January 1911.]

What a wonderfully small idea mankind has of the Almighty. My impression is that he has made unchangeable laws to govern this and billions of other worlds and that he has forgotten even the existence of this little mote of ours ages ago.
[Thomas Edison, diary entry, July 21, 1885.]

And its gone.
WEB slicer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

1NF4xXDDpMVmeazJxJDLrFxuJrCAT7CB1b

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 08:44:30 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2016, 08:55:41 PM by WEB slicer

Since all people are religious, because it is their nature
if you could just drop this concept of the belief in anything is a religion i would take you much more seriously. but you just can't let it go. general thoughts and beliefs do not fit the definition of religion. the definition of religion is much more specific.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███████████████
░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████████████
░░████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░▀███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████████████████
░░░░░▄▄██████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌
▐█████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
▐██████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
░███████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░▐████████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░▐███████████████▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████████████████
░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 09:02:14 PM

Since all people are religious, because it is their nature
if you could just drop this concept of the belief in anything is a religion i would take you much more seriously. but you just can't let it go. general thoughts and beliefs do not fit the definition of religion. the definition of religion is much more specific.

However, the way you are talking in your post above, does fit religion... #6, at least. And the more you talk, the greater you prove your religiousness to be. From http://www.dictionary.com/browse/religion?s=t:
religion
[ri-lij-uh n]

<>

6. something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience:
to make a religion of fighting prejudice.

<>

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 09:08:15 PM

Cool

Actually Ford never said anything like it at all, I was testing you out.

I have never seen the slightest scientific proof of the religious theories of heaven and hell, of future life for individuals, or of a personal God.

Religion is bunk.

Not one of all the gods of all the various theologies has ever really been proved. We accept no ordinary scientific fact without the final proof; why should we, then, be satisfied in this most mighty of all matters, with a mere theory?
[Thomas Edison, interview with The Columbian Magazine, January 1911.]

What a wonderfully small idea mankind has of the Almighty. My impression is that he has made unchangeable laws to govern this and billions of other worlds and that he has forgotten even the existence of this little mote of ours ages ago.
[Thomas Edison, diary entry, July 21, 1885.]

That's the point. Science and nature prove that God exists. The history surrounding the Bible proves that it is a miracle of God. Since we have this proof, what need do we have of faith? Where does faith fit in? Faith has to do with believing the proven-to-exist God when He tells us in His Word that Heaven and Hell exist.

God doesn't play around. He gets right to the point of the matter. And the matter is that Adam and Eve, although they knew God, didn't want to believe what God said, but believed Satan instead. Copy them, and don't believe God. But then copy them also in their repentance, where they turned back and believed God again. Perhaps you can be saved.

Cool

Racey
Legendary

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 09:11:19 PM

Saved from what hell and damnation, I saved myself a long time ago, maybe you should wake up from that delusional coma you are in.

And its gone.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 09:13:29 PM

Saved from what hell and damnation, I saved myself a long time ago, maybe you should wake up from that delusional coma you are in.

Don't tell me you are over a hundred years old, then. How old? Five hundred? A thousand? Show us your greatness. We wanna see some of your great stup... I mean wisdom.

Cool

WEB slicer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 09:22:14 PM

6. something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience:
even with this obscure interpretation of religion i do not fall in to this category. i am not devoted to what i believe. i am not ignorant enough to say with any certainty that what i believe is the one and only truth. i am open minded to the possibility that there is more to life than i am aware of. religion is based on having faith in something, what i believe is the exact opposite, it's a lack of faith. i don't put faith in anything that is unknown and unproven. you can quote loose definitions of the word all day long, simple thoughts and beliefs are not a religion.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
Racey
Legendary

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 09:24:48 PM

Don't tell me you are over a hundred years old, then. How old? Five hundred? A thousand? Show us your greatness. We wanna see some of your great stup... I mean wisdom.

Cool

Me  Grin Well I am old as Methuselah himself, knowledge passed down through genetics, my entire family have the same traits as me.
It is common where I come from, we see shit for what it is (SHIT).it will always be this way for future generations, I am happy the way I am.
No outsiders can influence us, not even the likes of you and your ilk.

And its gone.
jupiterdianysa

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 09:25:08 PM

http://gobeklitepe.info/
Have a look at this before speaking about religion and old stff.. thats the oldest temple found/excavated in the world so far. Small info about archeology may actually  change your point of view to religion.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 09:25:58 PM

even with this obscure interpretation of religion i do not fall in to this category. i am not devoted to what i believe. i am not ignorant enough to say with any certainty that what i believe is the one and only truth. i am open minded to the possibility that there is more to life than i am aware of. religion is based on having faith in something, what i believe is the exact opposite, it's the lack of faith. i don't put faith in anything that is unknown and unproven. you can quote loose definitions of the word all day long, simple thoughts and beliefs are not a religion.

Retarded or a liar. Push your belief with just a little more proof, and you'll be a religious fanatic.

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 09:27:11 PM

Cool

Me  Grin Well I am old as Methuselah himself, knowledge passed down through genetics, my entire family have the same traits as me.
It is common where I come from, we see shit for what it is (SHIT).it will always be this way for future generations, I am happy the way I am.

Ah. A retarded liar, then.    Cool

Racey
Legendary

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 09:29:29 PM

Cool

Ah. A retarded liar, then.    Cool

See, it is whatever you believe it is, am I right?

And its gone.
WEB slicer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 09:34:22 PM

it's funny you should use the word retarded cause of all the things i could say to you i feel like this one word sums you up perfectly. we have both had this discussion dozens of times, we both know it goes nowhere. we will just go in circles for days. i'm done with you.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 09:36:08 PM

http://gobeklitepe.info/
Have a look at this before speaking about religion and old stff.. thats the oldest temple found/excavated in the world so far. Small info about archeology may actually  change your point of view to religion.

The earth is only about 6200 years old at the most - http://www.albatrus.org/english/theology/creation/biblical_age_earth.htm. Carbon dating is off for times before the Great Flood of Noah's day (less than 5000 years ago), because nobody knows for sure how C-14 worked back then. The whole energy of the earth was different before the Flood.

Gobekli Tepe was filled in by the people after the Great Flood, children and descendants of Noah. Why? Because they realized that this site was one of the reasons why God brought the Flood on the earth in the first place. They didn't want to anger God again so something worse would happen. So they hid the site by burying it.

So far, only about one fiftieth of the site has been excavated. Let's stop, before we bring the wrath of God on our generations, as well.

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 09:37:07 PM

it's funny you should use the word retarded cause of all the things i could say to you i feel like this one word sums you up perfectly. we have both had this discussion dozens of times, we both know it goes nowhere. we will just go in circles for days. i'm done with you.

Here you go, explaining and proving more of your religion and religiousness.    Cool

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: