Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:05:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: religion  (Read 4367 times)
Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 04:33:50 PM

While some have high IQ and weak faith in God, others have weak IQ with great faith in God.

I agree 100%

High IQ = low faith in god
Low IQ = high faith in god

First true statement you have ever made... congrats

This is even supported by science!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religiosity_and_intelligence

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
escrowboy

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 05:19:08 PM

While some have high IQ and weak faith in God, others have weak IQ with great faith in God.

I agree 100%

You can also say that Higher IQ has great reasoning and logic that's why they dont base their knowledge with context that has many contradictions on it.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 05:25:32 PM

I agree 100%

But since science has proven that God exists, high faith in God is way more important than stupid high IQ. Why? High IQ people die just like low IQ people. But those who have faith in God at least have a chance to be resurrected to eternal life. Those without faith in God will be resurrected to eternal damnation and destruction. If they had high IQ, it doesn't benefit them at all.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 02:52:23 AM

I agree 100%

The data may be somewhat biased. Most of the non-religious live in the East Asian countries such as China and Japan, where the national IQ average is among the highest in the world. And most of the ultra-conservatives live in the Middle-east, South Asia, and the Sub-Saharan Africa, where the national IQ averages around 60 to 70.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 03:04:34 AM

But since science has proven that God exists, high faith in God is way more important than stupid high IQ. Why? High IQ people die just like low IQ people. But those who have faith in God at least have a chance to be resurrected to eternal life. Those without faith in God will be resurrected to eternal damnation and destruction. If they had high IQ, it doesn't benefit them at all.

Cool

BADecker, you cannot be resurrected.   When you die, you die.  If your body is cremated you become ashes.  If they bury you, you become food for maggots, all will be left is bones.  You cannot be resurrected from ashes or bones.

BTW, cell death is irreversible.  Sorry to disappoint you.

Stop posting these insane statements.

But you are forgetting one of the greatest facts about life. This fact is, there is only ONE reason why we know that life can exist... ONLY ONE. That reason is BECAUSE IT DOES EXIST.

There is nothing in nature and science and thinking that suggests how life could have come to exist in the first place... to say nothing about the abundance and variety. Our best bet - evolution - has been proven so extremely mathematically impossible that it is not even a contender for the idea of being possible... at least in any way that we have been able to imagine. See The Mathematical Impossibility of Evolution - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1454732.msg14706492#msg14706492.

The point? Right now the existence of life is essentially something that is impossible by any means that we can logically imagine. Nor can we imagine how a resurrection could take place. But, since impossible life exists, impossible resurrection can exist as well.

How can life and resurrection exist? Through God, Who has been proven to exist by science.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 01:39:23 PM

Cool

BADecker, you cannot be resurrected.   When you die, you die.  If your body is cremated you become ashes.  If they bury you, you become food for maggots, all will be left is bones.  You cannot be resurrected from ashes or bones.

BTW, cell death is irreversible.  Sorry to disappoint you.

Stop posting these insane statements.

But you are forgetting one of the greatest facts about life. This fact is, there is only ONE reason why we know that life can exist... ONLY ONE. That reason is BECAUSE IT DOES EXIST.

There is nothing in nature and science and thinking that suggests how life could have come to exist in the first place... to say nothing about the abundance and variety. Our best bet - evolution - has been proven so extremely mathematically impossible that it is not even a contender for the idea of being possible... at least in any way that we have been able to imagine. See The Mathematical Impossibility of Evolution - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1454732.msg14706492#msg14706492.

The point? Right now the existence of life is essentially something that is impossible by any means that we can logically imagine. Nor can we imagine how a resurrection could take place. But, since impossible life exists, impossible resurrection can exist as well.

How can life and resurrection exist? Through God, Who has been proven to exist by science.

Cool

Your thread about "Mathematical Impossibility of Evolution" assumes that mutations in a living organism decrease "order" in such organism.
Exactly opposite is true.  Mutations make an organism function better in a given environment.  That is how organisms become better and better
at what they do, i.e. live and survive.

The rest of the scribbling is just that.
Except for one major point. There is absolutely NO evidence of beneficial mutation being done in nature. Even the "guided" mutations in the lab that are supposed to be beneficial, may not be so in the long run. So far that we see, everything that is attributed to evolution in nature, can be attributed more easily to programmed change built into the genes one way or another.

I suggest you read on evolution before you attempt to discredit it.  It is not a theory, it is a fact. With hard, physical evidence.
So, you have never heard of the Theory of Evolution then? Science considers it a theory simply because evolution in nature has not been proven to be a fact. Again, when you look at so-called evolution that is found in nature, it all can more readily be shown to be built-in genetic programming that is made to adapt to the environment.

People like you who believe evolution is fact in opposition to what science itself says, have a religion going for yourselves. I admire the fact that you have such strong faith in your evolution religion, but it is science fiction, not science fact.

Regarding resurrection: Saying that it exists "through God" is as insane as a concept of a supernatural God.  There is no physical evidence of either.
Cause and effect, the fact that the universe is highly complex, and the fact of universal entropy, when combined, prove that God exists. The God that is proven by this science is NOT the God described by the religions. Yet, He/It is a God shown by the definition of the word "God."

- Cause and effect in everything shows that everything was programmed.

- To program something as complex as the universe means complexity of a far greater nature in the programmer.

- The complexity shows that the programmer must have been ONE - as opposed to many programmers working in concert - because there would be lack of cohesion in the parts of the universe if there were many programmers, and the whole project would never have gotten off the ground, so to speak.

- Universal entropy shows that there must have been a beginning to the programming, and that the whole universe is becoming less complex all the time. This means that even we are intellectually less capable than our ancestors, who understood way more clearly that God exists.

- The greatness of the Creator proven by this science, and upheld by lots more science, is of the type that shows the Creator to not only be God, but to be God way beyond all our imaginings of how great a God can be.

Regarding the resurrection, there is little or no evidence for it other than the things that God has told the people... that there will definitely be a resurrection. But you have to look at the religions to see this. It isn't easily found in science.

Give me one example of someone (any animal) being resurrected after being cremated or buried.  Don't give me the "but in the future, when Jesus comes, you'll be resurrected...".  The idea of a character from an ancient myth coming back to life is as insane as an idea of resurrection itself.
No direct examples are available that I am aware of. However, there is no reason why life even exists, or can exist, either.

The resurrection theme is based on what God has told people through several religions, but mostly the Judeo-Christian religion, which religion is as impossible to exist as life is.

Nobody can be resurrected.  If you think you can, you are not well.  You are missing few screws.

Actually, if you do not recognize God, and recognize that He tells us that He will resurrect us, you are the one who is not well. You have fallen into a detrimental mutation of your soul which is as destructive to you as some form of detrimental mutation of the body was to survivors and children of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

The difference is, God is willing to heal your soul. And this healing will lead you to eternal life in glory and joy after the resurrection.

Why hasn't science discovered this? Science needs two things to understand all this:
1. Honesty in looking at the science they have found: they ignore the science that proves God exists;
2. Enough millions of years to prove out such a greatness as God: it will take this long because of our remoteness.

Cool

EDIT: I want to thank you, however, for attempting to contradict the science that shows God. Why? Because our training in the schools in this world tries to draw us away from the fact that God exists. And every time I have to explain how science shows that God exists, it strengthens other aspects of my faith in Him. And this is the thing He is looking for in all of us... faith in the things that He tells us = faith in Him.

So, thank you for helping my faith in God to grow.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 02:14:11 PM

<>

BADecker, I'm trying to explain to you that science does not examine question of God because there is nothing to examine.  God does not even come
as a topic of a casual conversation among scientists.  There is no data.  Nothing to discuss.

You keep saying that science proved existence of God, but I'm telling you no scientific studies can be done on God because he is not observable and there is no physical evidence to examine.

God is an ancient myth.  He exists only in your mind.  Just like when you read a really good novel or watch a really memorable movie, your brain will visualize the scenes from the novel/movie and you will remember them for a long time.  The same way you have constructed an image of God in your brain from the books, web sites you have read.  It is just a construct in your brain.

The process of religious conversion is similar to cult programming.  Images/thoughts supportive of the myth are preserved, opposing thoughts are suppressed.  That is why you are so passionately defending your religion.  That is why Muslims are willing to die for their religion.

I just hope in time you'll come to your senses and you'll see how silly and irrational your position was.

As far as resurrection goes, sorry buddy.  Nobody was ever resurrected.  And nobody will be in the future (unless we evolve into cyborgs capable of resurrection on demand or ROD  Grin)

Just because scientists don't ask the question, or look at the proof, doesn't mean that they haven't proven God exists.

Science is making accidental breakthroughs all the time. Simply look around at the many scientific advancements to see that many of these are accidental findings of scientists who were searching for something completely different than what they found.

Examine the proof for God that I have shown you. It proves God is real.

Besides, not all scientists believe there is no god. Many of them understand that he exists, just like they understand that the existence of life is not understood enough to suggest that life is a possibility. The link found in my https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1454732.msg14706492#msg14706492 post is one tiny, tiny example.

Wake up and stop denying the truth and facts I am showing you. If you won't, why not formalize your religion and get government funding as a minority? Or is that the thing that science has already done... formed a religion of non-religion so they can get funding under something other than religious minority grants?

Cool

EDIT: Are you saying that Big Bang will always remain in the realm of theory because nobody will ever be able to go back and study it? You are so self-contradictory.

notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 02:26:30 PM

Look what I found!

Jesus, Mary and The Green Lion
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 02:29:31 PM

<>

BADecker, I'm trying to explain to you that science does not examine question of God because there is nothing to examine.  God does not even come
as a topic of a casual conversation among scientists.  There is no data.  Nothing to discuss.

You keep saying that science proved existence of God, but I'm telling you no scientific studies can be done on God because he is not observable and there is no physical evidence to examine.

God is an ancient myth.  He exists only in your mind.  Just like when you read a really good novel or watch a really memorable movie, your brain will visualize the scenes from the novel/movie and you will remember them for a long time.  The same way you have constructed an image of God in your brain from the books, web sites you have read.  It is just a construct in your brain.

The process of religious conversion is similar to cult programming.  Images/thoughts supportive of the myth are preserved, opposing thoughts are suppressed.  That is why you are so passionately defending your religion.  That is why Muslims are willing to die for their religion.

I just hope in time you'll come to your senses and you'll see how silly and irrational your position was.

As far as resurrection goes, sorry buddy.  Nobody was ever resurrected.  And nobody will be in the future (unless we evolve into cyborgs capable of resurrection on demand or ROD  Grin)

Just because scientists don't ask the question, or look at the proof, doesn't mean that they haven't proven God exists.

Science is making accidental breakthroughs all the time. Simply look around at the many scientific advancements to see that many of these are accidental findings of scientists who were searching for something completely different than what they found.

Examine the proof for God that I have shown you. It proves God is real.

Besides, not all scientists believe there is no god. Many of them understand that he exists, just like they understand that the existence of life is not understood enough to suggest that life is a possibility. The link found in my https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1454732.msg14706492#msg14706492 post is one tiny, tiny example.

Wake up and stop denying the truth and facts I am showing you. If you won't, why not formalize your religion and get government funding as a minority? Or is that the thing that science has already done... formed a religion of non-religion so they can get funding under something other than religious minority grants?

Cool

Non-religion is not a religion just like not playing sport is not sport. 
However, the dictionary definition of the word "religion" shows that any belief you hold dearly can be a religion. Thus, the adamant and dynamic claim that non-religion isn't a religion makes it a religion.

I suggest you hold on your belief in God until there is physical, observable evidence of God.  Until then it is just day dreaming at best, a mental disorder otherwise.

Science theory suggests Big Bang was an actual event. Yet it is theory, not fact (even though the event itself might seem to have been fact in some ways).

Science fact suggests that God is an actual Being. Since God is proven by science fact rather than conceptualized by science theory (not necessarily fact), why do you keep on ignoring science?

Keep on believing the fantasy that your idea of non-religion is not a religion.

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 02:36:55 PM

Look what I found!

Reminds me of the place Revelation where the dragon goes after the woman. Revelation 12:1-6:
1 A great and wondrous sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head.

2 She was pregnant and cried out in pain as she was about to give birth.

3 Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on his heads.

4 His tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth. The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that he might devour her child the moment it was born.

5 She gave birth to a son, a male child, who will rule all the nations with an iron scepter. And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne.

6 The woman fled into the desert to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days.

Were you able to get a translation of the wording in your picture?

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 02:55:27 PM

Don't get me wrong, af_newbie. I am not trying to humiliate you in the least. I am trying to get you to wake up to the fact that God exists, before it is too late for you.

Cool

Moloch

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 03:58:01 PM

Look what I found!

Why is "Mary" standing on some face?  Whose head is that?
escrowboy

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 04:48:06 PM

Look what I found!

From what I see on the photo, she's not standing above that guy on the cross. She's behind on that guy and somehow pleasing that guy on the cross. I wonder what the connection of that green animal with it's tongue out.
Moloch

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 06:28:46 PM

Look what I found!

From what I see on the photo, she's not standing above that guy on the cross. She's behind on that guy and somehow pleasing that guy on the cross. I wonder what the connection of that green animal with it's tongue out.

But she is standing on a GIANT head!

Whose head is that?

It's way bigger than all the other heads in the image... like ten times the size... is that God's head?  Did Mary decapitate God?
Racey
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 06:52:23 PM

Look what I found!

Cartoon of the day, way back Wink

And its gone.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 7992

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 06:55:13 PM

That image on the left signifies the birth, death and resurrection of Christ.  The green lion is a separate image.  The green lion was a metaphor for something that was sought by alchemists - an elixir of life - a elixir that would heal any sickness.
xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 06:55:46 PM

Look what I found!

Nope this was serious stuff circa 1500
Gimpeline

Activity: 555
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 07:00:34 PM

Look what I found!

Nope this was serious stuff circa 1500

And we have moved on since then. Oh wait.. religious people still live in the bronze age. Guess we haven't
xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 07:47:17 PM

Look what I found!

But she is standing on a GIANT head!

Whose head is that?

It's way bigger than all the other heads in the image... like ten times the size... is that God's head?  Did Mary decapitate God?

Here is my interpretation:

God had a wife, but she was old, so he found a sweet 16 year old Mary to fuck on the side.  Mary conceived Jesus.  (That is why Christians to this day say God the father and the son are one) Anyway, God's wife came over to talk to Mary, but before should could say a word, Mary's pet the Green Lion attacked her and ate her.  He left the head for Mary as it was customary to stand on just decapitated head, you know, for good luck and prosperity.

Notice that there is makeup on the giant head, so it must be a woman, or a cross-dresser. Hmm, that could be another story for another time folks.

I am noticing your mind is incapable of abstaction.  Perhaps that's why you can't see that god is everywhere.  I will pray for you.

Moloch

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 07:54:58 PM

I am noticing your mind is incapable of abstaction.  Perhaps that's why you can't see that god is everywhere.  I will pray for you.

The problem is that you do not see god everywhere, you pick and choose

Do you see god in cancer?  AIDS?  Mosquitoes?

Do you see god in atheists and muslims, or just christians?

Do you see your god in all the bad things, or just the good things?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: