Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:01:20 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT 2.0 Ardor No ICO Speculation - Live Now  (Read 13953 times)
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 12:46:11 AM

I don't see how Jean Luc drove it down. He is one of devs working his ass off to save Nxt and the ecosystem with the recent Nxt 2.0 initiative.

That is not what my little birdie told me.

Dicktator driving out all other competitive developments and taking control over Nxt caused many of former Nxt ecosystem developers to leave. Kushti basically admitted this recently w/o implicating Jean-Luc specifically.
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 6566

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 01:24:33 AM

Think about what smart contracts can do but without the risk (Ethereum/DAO hack). This thing can get huge if they do the right marketing!

To clarify, even if I think you meant it that way: NXT 2.0/Ardor, like Nxt 1.0, will not have a "turing-complete" smart contract language. Until today, to my knowledge they are not even planning to add the complete "Automated Transactions" feature (a limited smart contract toolbox) that was integratet into the two other (Nxt-inspired) Java currencies Qora and Burst.

But NXT developers have stated they will "integrate most relevant use cases" of smart contracts. The Phased Transactions feature is one of these use cases, as far as I know.

To the OP question: My expectations for a price are not that high actually, 0.00002 is a reachable short-term goal. Nevertheless, I think just before July 24 price will shoot up a bit, maybe even to 0.00004, bringing NXT back in the top 10. But I may be underestimating it ...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
dsattler
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 06:43:29 AM

Think about what smart contracts can do but without the risk (Ethereum/DAO hack). This thing can get huge if they do the right marketing!

To clarify, even if I think you meant it that way: NXT 2.0/Ardor, like Nxt 1.0, will not have a "turing-complete" smart contract language. Until today, to my knowledge they are not even planning to add the complete "Automated Transactions" feature (a limited smart contract toolbox) that was integratet into the two other (Nxt-inspired) Java currencies Qora and Burst.

But NXT developers have stated they will "integrate most relevant use cases" of smart contracts. The Phased Transactions feature is one of these use cases, as far as I know.

Exactly! Turing-completeness is what brings risk into a system as we've recently seen with the Ethereum/DAO debacle. Until this becomes bullet-proof (if that is even possible) the better alternative is to hard-code the most relevant use cases like Nxt/Ardor is doing.

Bitcointalk member since 2013! Smiley
TravelsAsia (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 11:58:49 AM

I don't see how Jean Luc drove it down. He is one of devs working his ass off to save Nxt and the ecosystem with the recent Nxt 2.0 initiative.

That is not what my little birdie told me.

Dicktator driving out all other competitive developments and taking control over Nxt caused many of former Nxt ecosystem developers to leave. Kushti basically admitted this recently w/o implicating Jean-Luc specifically.

It's code, who the f cares about the drama.  If Jean Luc can produce results, I don't care if he does it wearing a clown suit with biker chaps.
TravelsAsia (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 09:24:36 PM

Just hit 0.00002100 on Polo. Let's see if my 2nd prediction hits.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 09:31:46 PM

i assume alot of people are gonna leave their coins on exchanges. what happens to the distribution then? do they exclude the known exchange addresses from the distribution? are the people who bought on the rise clever enough to realise they need to put the coins in a proper wallet? it's an absolute waste of money for them otherwise.

Enjorlas

Activity: 788
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 09:40:49 PM

i assume alot of people are gonna leave their coins on exchanges. what happens to the distribution then? do they exclude the known exchange addresses from the distribution? are the people who bought on the rise clever enough to realise they need to put the coins in a proper wallet? it's an absolute waste of money for them otherwise.

I am thinking the same thing..
TravelsAsia (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 09:44:42 PM

People that leave coins on exchanges are playing russian roulette to being with. I don't even trust exchanges honoring swaps and drops.  Look how BTER screwed over Peertracks and PLAY holders.  If it's not in your wallet, you don't own it.   The best devs can do is continue to communicate the message frequently about distribution.
pork pie

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 09:51:27 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2016, 10:05:17 PM by pork pie

People that leave coins on exchanges are playing russian roulette to being with. I don't even trust exchanges honoring swaps and drops.  Look how BTER screwed over Peertracks and PLAY holders.  If it's not in your wallet, you don't own it.   The best devs can do is continue to communicate the message frequently about distribution.

The devs are are contacting the exchanges and will give an update on it when they have discussed the matter with them.

The big exchanges like btc38 and poloniex would likely give ardor to nxt holders, but we'll have to wait for confirmation. I doubt the devs trust bter or that many people have left coins on it because it wouldn't let them withdraw crypti coins for the lisk coin swap. The devs could work out which are the majority of bter's wallets.

Have you communicated with the exchanges for the snapshot? Or the only way is by keeping NXT in our wallets?

We'll update about this once we have this completely clear. We are contacting the exchanges, yes.
We'll give you clear communication about this.
TravelsAsia (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 10:05:03 PM

People that leave coins on exchanges are playing russian roulette to being with. I don't even trust exchanges honoring swaps and drops.  Look how BTER screwed over Peertracks and PLAY holders.  If it's not in your wallet, you don't own it.   The best devs can do is continue to communicate the message frequently about distribution.

The devs are are contacting the exchanges and will give an update on it when they have discussed the matter with them.

I doubt many people have left coins on bter because it wouldn't let them withdraw crypti coins for the lisk coin swap. The devs could work out which are the majority of bter's wallets. The big exchanges like btc38 and poloniex would likely give ardor to nxt holders, but we'll have to wait for confirmation.

Have you communicated with the exchanges for the snapshot? Or the only way is by keeping NXT in our wallets?

We'll update about this once we have this completely clear. We are contacting the exchanges, yes.
We'll give you clear communication about this.

It's fine to have agreements with Exchanges, I just want to remind people it's a lot of trust having someone else control your money and snapshots.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 10:06:47 PM

1 week -0.000001950

One week has passed seems you are 50% off so far.
pork pie

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 10:35:45 PM

1 week -0.000001950

He predicted 0.000001950 six days ago and the price is 0.00002039 with a high of 0.00002100 on poloniex today. His weekly prediction seems quite accurate, but it slightly underestimated the rise. If it goes higher in the next day his prediction might have been too cautious.

NXT has announced their new project Ardor will be NXT 2.0. They decided not to do an ICO, you have to hold NXT to get credit for the new project. What do you think the NXT price will be in the next week, month, 3 months?

1 week -0.000001950
1 month - 0.000002900
3 months - 0.00005800

It's already up 30% on Polo.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1518497.0

TravelsAsia (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 10:36:53 PM

1 week -0.000001950

I'm a big fan, when I typed 1950 looks like I added an extra 0. Smiley  It's at 0.00002040, I'm not complaining 1 bit!
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 6566

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 10:38:26 PM

I think TravelAsia wanted to say 0.00001950, not 0.000001950. Yeah, these zeroes are confusing. Better let's say 1950 satoshi ... (Edit: confirmed while I was writing ...)

Now NXT is about to cross the 2000 satoshi barrier. From the TA point of view, that can be a crucial point, as about 2000 was the last local high after this rally had started. If 2000 is crossed sustainably, then I predict that 3000 are within sight relatively fast.

There is still time until July 24, I expect that then the momentum will reach its strongest point as many people will try to enter the ARDR market in the last minutes. Maybe NXT can reach its "normal value" for much of 2014 and 2015 (4000-6000 satoshi) again. There may be a dump after July 24, but I don't think it will be strong as if you're dumping you're losing "snapshotting time" and ARDR.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
SolomonRising

Activity: 170
Merit: 105

The Truth illuminates the eyes of the heart!

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 10:46:30 PM

How many of you are gonna freeze your NXT to lock in Ardor? 

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2016, 11:23:20 PM

Marc De Mesel is already out with majority, sold 13 million and it did not dump the price terribly

Sold some but did keep a large investment in NXT.  Wink

Glad to see they are on the rise again.

Glad you kept at least some so you can profit now Smiley

NattyLiteCoin

Activity: 912
Merit: 1021

If you don’t believe, why are you here?

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 11:24:48 PM

I'm a big fan of NXT with no stake. I hope this works out well and may even dip my toes in the water after a little research. I've been away from that community for a little bit.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
  25X FASTER THAN BITCOIN, LIGHTNING NETWORK & ATOMIC SWAPS  
  TWITTER          TELEGRAM          REDDIT          DISCORD          MEDIUM          LINKEDIN  
          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
TravelsAsia (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 11:33:01 PM

How many of you are gonna freeze your NXT to lock in Ardor? 

I'm only buying for Ardor, I'm not interested in trading. I wish I was wrong, I was hoping to buy in at that lower price.
gogodr

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 11:35:35 PM

NXT has announced their new project Ardor will be NXT 2.0. They decided not to do an ICO, you have to hold NXT to get credit for the new project. What do you think the NXT price will be in the next week, month, 3 months?

1 week -0.000001950
1 month - 0.000002900
3 months - 0.00005800

It's already up 30% on Polo.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1518497.0

Oop, added an extra 0 on the 1 week and 1 month. Smiley

Isn't this basically just an ICO in disguise then except the tokens have already been long issues/sold? Sort of like a coin swap.
SolomonRising

Activity: 170
Merit: 105

The Truth illuminates the eyes of the heart!

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 11:38:18 PM

I'm only buying for Ardor, I'm not interested in trading. I wish I was wrong, I was hoping to buy in at that lower price.

I haven't watched the NXT price, has it gone up a lot? 

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: