Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:31:44 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT 2.0 Ardor No ICO Speculation - Live Now  (Read 13953 times)
woola3

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 12:27:42 AM

6 days.
Too complicated timing... It will probably be exactly when btc starts its rising after the initial price adjustments .
3ideRaven

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 03:16:43 AM

Is there any reason why I would NOT want to forge?
freshman777

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2016, 08:46:55 AM

Laziness Smiley

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
scv00

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 10:03:00 AM

The Linux Foundation has made the NXT Foundation an Affiliate Member.

http://www.linuxfoundation.org/news-media/announcements/2016/07/linux-foundation-welcomes-open-source-experts-security-cloud-and

Today The Linux Foundation also welcomes the NXT Foundation and INUIT Foundation - University of Rome Tor Vergata as Affiliate Members.

As a product of the NXT Foundation Ardor will benefit immensely from the Linux Foundation affiliate membership. After the distribution Ardor will be a heavyweight coin in the top ten.

I'm going all in on nxt to get the most Ardor from the distribution as I can.
Berdj

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 10:27:14 AM

Laziness Smiley
That's stupid stfu
vincentvincent

Activity: 285
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 10:51:00 AM

The Linux Foundation has made the NXT Foundation an Affiliate Member.

http://www.linuxfoundation.org/news-media/announcements/2016/07/linux-foundation-welcomes-open-source-experts-security-cloud-and

Today The Linux Foundation also welcomes the NXT Foundation and INUIT Foundation - University of Rome Tor Vergata as Affiliate Members.

As a product of the NXT Foundation Ardor will benefit immensely from the Linux Foundation affiliate membership. After the distribution Ardor will be a heavyweight coin in the top ten.

I'm going all in on nxt to get the most Ardor from the distribution as I can.

That is great news!
mr angry

Activity: 298
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 08:24:30 PM

There is a new website for Nxt newbies who want a stake in Ardor. It's extremely professional looking and makes it easy to buy into Nxt for an Ardor stake. There's less than a week to claim full stakes and that site will make sure newbies don't miss out.

Marenkar has just finished the first version of our newest site https://www.ardorplatform.org/!

The site is at this moment meant as an easy way into Nxt and thus into Ardor.

It has counters, and points to the exchanges where people can buy Nxt as well as a link to Bitpanda, where you can send people who want to buy Nxt with fiat.

The site will be expanded over time, and ideas are always welcome.

Share it! https://twitter.com/NxtCommunity/status/751726444254986240
dhampir-D

Activity: 454

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 09:13:24 PM

Let's see what Ardor can do. Interesting times ahead...
box0211

Activity: 165
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 09:49:11 PM

what are the pros/cons of Ardor vs Ethereum?
freshman777

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2016, 03:14:39 AM

what are the pros/cons of Ardor vs Ethereum?

What is the reason why NXT decided to create a child chain? Isn't NXT enough already or is there a technical reason why? Could this be a sort of "reboot" for marketing purposes.

In a glance this looks like a move driven by marketing reasons since NXT really went anywhere in that regard.

Running a blockchain is costly and many entities don't have the expertise.
They would like to use a blockchain to solve various problems and not worry about security, blockchain maintenance, volatile coin rates. In Nxt 2.0 they will get specialized blockchains with custom features, for instance they can peg their custom blockchain token to one USD or cowry shell, or their custom blockchain will be feature tailored to their specialized usage. It's a blockchain as a service thing. They will pay block fees to the global network of ARDOR token holders when they must make a hashes record of their custom child chain operations into the main chain. It's a 'focus on your job without all the worries that come with running a blockchain' customer-oriented solution. Transactional throughput will grow manyfold.

So how is Ardor different to the other blockchain platforms like Ethereum, Lisk and Waves? And why do you think a company should choose to use Ardor over the 3 mentioned?

Nxt and Ardor very specifically did not go for scriptable Smart Contracts. There are several reasons for not doing so:

1. You have no way of controlling the quality of the code. This can lead to unfortunate results and create huge problems.
2. A large portion of the market has need for out of the box solutions, not custom ones. Nxt and Ardor offer hardcoded and modular Smart contracts (or smart transactions) which are tested and secure. For most SME's these cover a lot of use cases and are more cost effective.
3. Lisk is still in development: Nxt already works, and has been operational for 2,5 years. Ardor will use the same tech. If a company wants to use software that's tested and tried, it should go to Nxt or Ardor (depending on the use case).
4. Waves is also still in development. Same argument as before. The idea might be sound, there is no way to predict now whether it will pull off its promise.

The child chain architecture is unique to Ardor. Lisk and Waves do not have it, neither does Ethereum. Bloat is a problem that all of them have and Ardor is the system that is concentrating on it.

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
liquidiser

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 09:12:15 AM

There's only five days left to get Nxt before the Ardor snapshots start. The price has stabilized for the last week but it won't last after the snapshots start. Nobody will be selling afterwards, and the buying will increase the price.

Nobody can say Ardor's distribution isn't fair, anyone can get a stake after buying Nxt before the snapshots end.
quandao40

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 09:24:18 AM

I think thire team is pretty good,I will support them
TravelsAsia (OP)

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 10:21:13 AM

Nobody can say Ardor's distribution isn't fair, anyone can get a stake after buying Nxt before the snapshots end.

Even NXT's biggest critics will have trouble arguing against your statement.
freshman777

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2016, 02:47:07 PM

Did I hear someone say 3 days?

TravelsAsia (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 05:56:17 PM

Hopefully those scratching their heads about the recent NXT rise will use that time to investigate.
freshman777

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2016, 05:26:06 AM

48ish hours before snapshots commence. Nxt hasn't been disappointing.

hdn

Activity: 682
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 02:34:10 PM

Any prediction, what is the NXT price at october this year? Since many people will buying rather than selling...
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 03:25:28 PM

Even if you join a coupel days later in the snapshot, you still will get most of those ardor coins because it takes the average amount until october.

Probably best to buy some in a few days/weeks when price corrects.

Regardless, glad I bought mine when the price was still in the low 1xxx Smiley
TravelsAsia (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 03:30:26 PM

Even if you join a coupel days later in the snapshot, you still will get most of those ardor coins because it takes the average amount until october.

Probably best to buy some in a few days/weeks when price corrects.

Regardless, glad I bought mine when the price was still in the low 1xxx Smiley

I've bought from 2400 up to 4300. I think this has a great chance of surpassing NXT's former highs, so still good time to come in if you agree. The platform is far more developed when it hits it's original peek. I also think the smart transactions can get some major traction with the smart contract concerns if marketed correctly.
LitcoinCollector
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 04:13:08 PM

Nxt already delivered. All this aquired knowledge will be applied in Ardor.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: