Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:00:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many people use/hold bitcoin in 2016  (Read 15809 times)
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 09:48:48 AM

I can't say exactly about users of bitcoin. But recently there was a study by CCAF ( Cambridge Centre for Alternative Finance) which stated that more than 3 million people are into cryptocurrencies at present and actively using it.
I think it is still not enough for the amount of people using cryptocurrencies because there is still a lot of people who are currently using bitcoin or any kind of cryptocurrency around the world and they might not counted in that study that is done by the CCAF. In my estimation i think the number of users will go around 10-20 million of people as of 2016.
Agree I think the number of population user bitcoin or cryptocurrency is 10-20 million. But no one can give exact number of total population of bitcoin user in 2016. What if this year for sure te population grow because look the price of bitcoin its very high so its mean if the bitcoin price is high maybe they have millions of people are now using bitcoin. And everyear many people investing in bitcoin so the population is still counting.
If you will talk about the number of people using bitcoin then it is increase already by a lot because of the news and the hype of bitcoin and a lot of people now are interested in bitcoin because they see the price that it is very high and they see a lot of potential for bitcoin and for sure that estimation is not enough for now because it already higher than that because people now are open minded and technology oriented.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mashort

Activity: 281
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 05:52:49 AM

As of 2018, the number stands close to 40 million, i remember in 2015, estimates showed that there would be 5 million people. but it turns out it was largely misrepresented. so in the next 2-3 years interesting things that most people did not anticipate could happen. Bitcoin could easily hit 50K with 100 million people with some crypto.
BigBos

Activity: 1876
Merit: 447

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 06:15:26 AM

I can't say exactly about users of bitcoin. But recently there was a study by CCAF ( Cambridge Centre for Alternative Finance) which stated that more than 3 million people are into cryptocurrencies at present and actively using it.
I think it is still not enough for the amount of people using cryptocurrencies because there is still a lot of people who are currently using bitcoin or any kind of cryptocurrency around the world and they might not counted in that study that is done by the CCAF. In my estimation i think the number of users will go around 10-20 million of people as of 2016.
Agree I think the number of population user bitcoin or cryptocurrency is 10-20 million. But no one can give exact number of total population of bitcoin user in 2016. What if this year for sure te population grow because look the price of bitcoin its very high so its mean if the bitcoin price is high maybe they have millions of people are now using bitcoin. And everyear many people investing in bitcoin so the population is still counting.
in fact, bitcoin became popular among the public in 2016. at that time, the price of bitcoin had begun to rise, and became a conversation in the community. well, so many people started it in 2016, and obviously it's hard to count.
MbakNarti

Activity: 679
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 06:24:20 AM

Im interested to know how many people are actually now involved in the bitcoin world, Is there anyway to find out a rough idea of the user base so that we can come to a conclusion on what kind of adoption we are currently at? It seems difficult to gauge since this forum alone has several duplicate accounts from the same people.

. /r/bitcoin has 180k subs to it so would it be safe to assume if we included all miners, users holders and whoever else that we are still at under 1 million users? If this is the case then we still have a long way to go.

Does anyone have any more accurate guesses or way to determine the market?

I am sure there will be no one who can determine with certainty, but if you look at the market in 2016, then most likely most of them still survive, which in the end when prices jump in 2017, most of them certainly sell bitcoin they have.
ibrar.noman

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 06:29:17 AM

Im interested to know how many people are actually now involved in the bitcoin world, Is there anyway to find out a rough idea of the user base so that we can come to a conclusion on what kind of adoption we are currently at? It seems difficult to gauge since this forum alone has several duplicate accounts from the same people.

. /r/bitcoin has 180k subs to it so would it be safe to assume if we included all miners, users holders and whoever else that we are still at under 1 million users? If this is the case then we still have a long way to go.

I think  that the amount of people that use Bitcoin may be 1 to 2 million and bitcoin is still in its early stage .
AzrailBogov

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 12:08:22 PM

I think that even a base is not needed here, and so it is clear that Bitcoin uses a huge number of people all over the world. And over time, the number of users will only grow.
watchurstep45

Activity: 300
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 12:40:23 PM

I think many people use bitcoin.
for me a few million people use bitcoin because they see that they are doing their job in town and that people are paying less money to earn bitcoin. I think that in bitcoin hold in 2016 they have earned a good deal since the bitcoin was bigger in 2017
Sanjida
Copper Member

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 02:01:39 PM

it's very hard to know the actual number of people who use bitcoin.because there is still a lot of people who are currently using in bitcoin of the whole earth.and now the number of users will growing day by day.
gamechangers

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 02:09:13 PM

This is a difficult one to get. You can never have an accurate figure. The exchanges may be a place to get the total number of bitcoin users since virtually all users visit one exchange or another but the figure may still be doubtful because many of this exchanges are not regulated.
gesdan

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 02:15:10 PM

its depend on the circulation of bitcoin, right now in the coinmarketcap we can see that the circulating bitcoin volume is around 17,304,412 so the maximum in the bitcoin is 21.000.000 so there are 4 million more that spread in the world

MaximusJune

Activity: 16

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 12:59:46 PM

I think that question will never be answered. Some people want to invest in Bitcoin to get more Bitcoins if they only use the money to buy Bitcoin instead of paying for the site. By 2018, this figure stands at 40 million, I remember in 2015, it is estimated that there will be 5 million people. So in the next 2-3 years, interesting things that most people do not anticipate can happen. I think even a base is not needed here, and so it is clear that Bitcoin employs a large number of people around the world and it is difficult to know the number of people actually using bitcoin . You can never have an exact figure.
[ProTrader]

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 01:39:25 PM

You cannot get a good estimate of adoption by basing it in bitcointalk.org users. Many cryptocurrency enthusiast don't even have bitcointalk account. It is also hard to get a rough estimate of adoption because not all country are welcome with cryptocurrency.
larrylegend33

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 01:59:13 PM

I think that would be near miilion, but if you look at the picture today i can say 250 million people in 2018 and 1 biilion people would use by the 2020. Every new day new people meets with blockchain and the cryptocurrency and ofcourse the bitcoin. Every new day new business opens with the crypto system. Goverments talks and make plans about it. So in near future all internet users will use crypto money i believe..
FedorIzmailov

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 02:03:40 PM

I can say that now, in the same way, we still have a very long way to go so that Bitcoin is recognized by the world community
Tetutu

Activity: 75

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 02:35:03 AM

I think that even a base is not needed here, and so it is clear that Bitcoin uses a huge number of people all over the world. And over time, the number of users will only grow.
From year to year users are always increasing, this is proof that bitcoin is starting to be accepted in many countries. With the velocity of money that covers billions of USD is not impossible in the end bitcoin will be a solution for people who want transactions fast, safe and easy to use. Or become an investment that promises long-term profits.
Natnat213

Activity: 153
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 03:32:28 PM

From now bitcoin is doing great and increasing deeply because they are accepting in some countries. Because bitcoin is doing great and some of us is investing and making their profit.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
Whitepaper | Bounty | ANN Thread | www.gigtricks.io
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 03:37:28 PM

Bitcoin is a volatile crypto currency and I guess 2026 was quite good year for bitcoin so there were very few people who hold their coins as most of the investors were those who already own bitcoin and then the valuation of bitcoin was even inflated so investors just sell their coins and made just very good profit in 2026 and on the other hand there were other few investors too who hold their coin and waited for some major pump and I think they are the one who get maximum profit in last December’s month.
Ngajim

Activity: 279
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 04:53:33 PM

I think no one know how many people hold bitcoin in 2016 because is all is depend circulation of bitcoin. And until now still so many people using bitcoin so you can never can get exact figure.
Tanya12356

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 07:17:17 PM

As of 2018, the number stands close to 40 million, i remember in 2015, estimates showed that there would be 5 million people. but it turns out it was largely misrepresented. so in the next 2-3 years interesting things that most people did not anticipate could happen. Bitcoin could easily hit 50K with 100 million people with some crypto.
Interesting facts you provided. Also I think that by 2020 we will see something interesting.
Sonaile

Activity: 368

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 08:16:26 PM

As a Crypto Investor I love paying with Bitcoin in Australia!!  Havent used FIAT for months haha

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: