Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 03:04:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many people use/hold bitcoin in 2016  (Read 15819 times)
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2912
Merit: 776

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 05:05:04 PM

Theres  no one could able to give a precise  number here on  which  how  many   bitcoin users all over the  world  for this  year. No one   really knows  because  we all know  bitcoins  is soo  complex and we  cant even  count off  people  who  use  different addresses  thats  why its hard to determin the total number.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2016, 05:05:43 PM

i only uses it to buy altcoins, i don't hold it as it is not volatile as most other altcoin XD
SyGambler
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804

guess who's back

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 05:09:09 PM

not sure about the answer , but I think it's somewhere 2-3 millions
I don't know if it's possible to have exact or even close numbers to that question , but one of the popular faucets already have more than 2 million users but since it's easy to have more than one account then even that doesn't give an answer
hurain

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 06:44:42 PM

Theres  no one could able to give a precise  number here on  which  how  many   bitcoin users all over the  world  for this  year. No one   really knows  because  we all know  bitcoins  is soo  complex and we  cant even  count off  people  who  use  different addresses  thats  why its hard to determin the total number.
yes that is a fact that no one can give the exact number of bitcoin users, i think  the administrators may be able about this but i think the othere  users cannot know about this, but i can can that the number of bitcoin users is increasing on daily basis.
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 06:52:11 PM

perhaps the use or hold bitcoin in 2016 is 40% of the world community. Well, it's been so many people who know bitcoin but I do not know whether they use it or not. but according to my calculations, many of those who do not use it, so in my opinion, only 40% of the world community that use or store its bitcoin
markyminer

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 08:50:43 PM

i think it is not so easy to estimate that how many people uses bitcoin in 2016 but i will like to add that 2016 is one of the most successful year of bitcoin as more and more people enter in the world of bitcoin in 2016 and still joining it.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
.JINBI..

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
...T H E   G O L D E N   I C O...
.────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────.
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 09:19:18 PM

I guess we need to define the term "use/hold" bitcoin. Having 1bit = using/holding, or we need at least 1mBTC or even 1BTC? I would say at this moment, any serious bitcoiner should have at least 1BTC. There are only about 0.5 million addresses with balance>1 BTC. Of course there are people who store their coins in small amounts in different addresses... My guess is that there are about 0.5 to 1 million "serious" bitcoiners around the world.

Blockchain and coinbase user numbers are just to measure the interest. I personally have more than 1 (actually many) blockchain accounts just because I just use and throwaway so that I don't have to write down the seed/password/account number etc. My long term storage is my paper wallets.
HateEU

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 09:23:14 PM

Reeally really many i dont know exatcly number but it is really huge number perfectfor bitcoin world to not be too small soit is quite big but not huge but i want more huge and i am waiting for more bitcoin growing Cheesy
LilibethSantos

Activity: 259

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2016, 09:26:30 PM

I currently hold 4.5 bitcoins that I have acquired from previous years and I plan on holding. I am confident that bitcoin will grow in the long term.

NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 09:49:25 PM

Exact numbers are any bodies guess the number is rising for sure..

If my grandfather, parents and part of my friend groups starts buying bitcoin and the rest starts asking what's going on, it is a clear sign for me that adoption is growing.
Hellacopter

Activity: 742

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 10:08:37 PM

I can't give some exact number of the people using or holding bitcoins in 2016. But i think Bitcoin is already growing up fast especially after the last increasing of its price recently
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 10:11:23 AM

In my area, I think it's less than 100. That means that dumb social media trends are still more popular than bitcoins. When you ask someone about a video that went viral on facebook, he/she knows most of the details about it. Ask them about bitcoins and they don't know anything about it. That's a sign that the population of bitcoin users is still really really low. I think we're around 1 million today, that's just a fraction of the total active internet users.

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 10:44:25 AM

I can't give some exact number of the people using or holding bitcoins in 2016. But i think Bitcoin is already growing up fast especially after the last increasing of its price recently

Same here! I can't give the exact number of users of bitcoins nor the people holding it. If i will guess, i think it also reach millions. the continuous growing of bitcoins attracts even those minor to use, collect and buy bitcoins. the rising numbers of users was increasingly daily not only in my country but also in many countries that recognising bitcoins as a money.
johnnyyash

Activity: 334

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 11:25:06 AM

I dont think its possible, to get exact figure of people around the world using or holding btc....because of its globally used and popularity...but what i know for sure is that lots of people are in use of it and hold of it....
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 11:52:03 AM

We can't measure the number of people who will hold bitcoin in 2016 because we can see that the price of bitcoin is much higher than before so it is very tempting for them to sell their bitcoins rather than hold it and can't assure the stability of the price. And on the number of people who will use bitcoin in this year, I think it is already exceeds 5 million because bitcoin is on the internet and it means that it is very easy for bitcoin to spread its name.
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 11:58:00 AM

No one can actually tell you how many people are using bitcoin in any amounts, bitcoin still needs more advertising and to spread awareness more than now.
It is sad to see most of the people in our daily interactions with them know nothing about crypto world what so ever.
I think 10 years from now at least 500M will know and will for sure use bitcoin and crypto in general.

🖤😏
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 12:09:16 PM

I don't think it's possible to know, there are millions of wallets and not everyone is using only one, but I can tell you it's a lot more than the previous years. Cheesy around 300.000 people would be my guess and it's rising everyday.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
bithasher

Activity: 700

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 12:21:11 PM

It will be a painful procedure if one tries to find out the exact number of active user of Bitcoin. Since there are many different wallets and services all the data is decentralized. Off course even many people holds more than 2 or 3 wallets because of many reasons this also makes it difficult. I will give estimation of 2-3 millions directly or indirectly are involved in Bitcoin.
requester

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 05:40:12 PM

I guess almost 50% bitcoin user use bitcoin to gain out of trading. As the year was normal for bitcoin because there was no such high and low in bitcoin price. So most of the user might have kept their bitcoin in hold and baby be trying to sell in coming days
croutonhexagon

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 05:49:31 PM

Actually due to price  stability on 2016 since its halving most of holder might have not sold their bitcoin and might be waiting for price hike. There might be buy and sell during the first half nectar initially price was around $350 and suddenly it rose to $600 so almost 2 fold increase in price of bitcoin. Do 1st half ad second half of 2016 have different view on bitcoin holding graph. Let hope for the best for 2017 and upcoming years
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: