Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:27:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are Loans Actually Made Here?  (Read 940 times)
tgmarks (OP)
Donator

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 04:04:26 PM

In looking through this list and I see a lot of people calling out loan requests that look fraudulent, but I don't actually see anyone receiving a loan. I posted myself https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1510766.0 for a loan and even asked what would be desired if my terms would not good enough and have not received a single offer of someone willing to lend. What does it take to get a loan here? Is anyone actually willing to lend?

"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 04:34:32 PM

In looking through this list and I see a lot of people calling out loan requests that look fraudulent, but I don't actually see anyone receiving a loan. I posted myself https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1510766.0 for a loan and even asked what would be desired if my terms would not good enough and have not received a single offer of someone willing to lend. What does it take to get a loan here? Is anyone actually willing to lend?

Yes. Several loans are given here, especially when there's a valid collateral, a good interest rate and a not-too-long repayment term.
Regarding your request personally I dismissed it because:
  • The interest rate is extremely low. I didn't think it would be worth starting a negotiation
  • There's no digital collateral. Physical collateral is much harder to process. It would help this point if you at least say where you are and what collateral exactly you can offer
  • You want a loan based on USD-value while the BTC price is increasing. So it's very likely just holding the BTC would be a better deal than lending it to you
  • It's a long-term loan. Normally short-term loans are easier to obtain
Most probably other users had a similar reaction.

I guess you didn't get any replies because there's too much to change to call lenders' attention. And those changes wouldn't probably satisfy your needs.
I really think in your specific case a bank loan would be better.

tgmarks (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 04:42:42 PM

First, let me say I appreciate the reply. I have not had much of any feedback and I appreciate your time in giving me some understanding of the mentality and approach given here. I had thought a one year payback was pretty short, but I can see how that would be seen as otherwise here.

I am curious on what type of digital collateral you refer to though. What is one offers for digital collateral? Websites? Businesses? I can understand in being harder to collect on physical.

Thank you for your answers in this.

EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 05:31:32 PM

First, let me say I appreciate the reply. I have not had much of any feedback and I appreciate your time in giving me some understanding of the mentality and approach given here. I had thought a one year payback was pretty short, but I can see how that would be seen as otherwise here.

I am curious on what type of digital collateral you refer to though. What is one offers for digital collateral? Websites? Businesses? I can understand in being harder to collect on physical.

Thank you for your answers in this.
Yes I guess one year is short-term for a fiat loan on a bank. But here there are several loans of just a few days. So by comparison and because the value of BTC can change a lot in one year it's not the same here.

The rule for digital collateral is that the lender must be able to sell it easy, quickly and with little effort for more than the loan plus interests. So an estable alt-coin would work. Websites or businesses would be valid collateral only if they are worth much more than the loan so that the lender can sell it as bargain (and therefore quickly and effortless) for more than the loan.

Here you can read more about it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577765.msg6311902#msg6311902

tgmarks (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 08:06:06 PM

I thought the duration wouldn't be a problem here in the "Long-term offers" section, but your right, as I flip through to find the successful ones, they are very short term. I appreciate your guidance on the collateral and get a better understanding of what people are looking for.

If anyone does want to lend to me, I would love it and be a perfect borrower, but I can see that I probably wont have much luck here. This is a pretty specific user case area for receiving loans.

Thank you for your help.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: