Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:18:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING scammer r0ach now shilling for the Monero hoax  (Read 7336 times)
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 08:00:10 PM

Smooth I wasn't going around telling people to not buy Monero. I was trying to remain impartial to a great extent and let the altcoin experiments proliferate, so hopefully from that will come something better than the status quo.

My problem is when Monero people trying to tell everyone that everything else is a scam and shitcoin. I am fighting the lack of respect that Monero's community has for the importance of experimentation. We can't throw the baby out with the bathwater. I have no qualms with pointing out specific flaws in for example ICOs, proof-of-work, etc.. But to harp on "we are the only shit" (even going outside your official threads to enforce that "only us" doctrine), is extremely deleterious to our cause.

I will quote myself again, since it ended up on the bottom of the prior page of this thread:

Remember the title of this thread.

I am not buying Monero, then telling everyone it is the only altcoin that is worth investing in (and that Zcash is inferior in every way), trying to dump my bagholding on others. Nor am I even selling any tokens nor investing in any tokens yet.

I stated very clearly upthread, that my reason for posting in this thread is because of r0ach's behavior, not because of Monero per se. But then it became a Monero community issue because of the way your community interacts in this thread.

Note I edited my prior post to make my technical rebuttal more logically coherent.

Re: The Monero Gang : G T F O

The Monero Gang is a dangerous team of criminals ready to destroy your altcoin picks and turn you into a Monero believer by the force.
The Monero Gang: You will be assimilated, resistance is futile. Buy Monero or die like the rest.
Coming to theaters in 2017.

So I guess I am done in this thread, barring any unforseen attacks against me.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 08:16:08 PM

You don't need the Monero community's permission to experiment. Just ignore them. That's my 2c anyway. You're certainly entitled to present your view as is anyone of course.

Smooth I wasn't going around telling people to not buy Monero. I was trying to remain impartial to a great extent and let the altcoin experiments proliferate, so hopefully from that will come something better than the status quo.

My problem is when Monero people trying to tell everyone that everything else is a scam and shitcoin. I am fighting the lack of respect that Monero's community has for the importance of experimentation. We can't throw the baby out with the bathwater. I have no qualms with pointing out specific flaws in for example ICOs, proof-of-work, etc.. But to harp on "we are the only shit" (even going outside your official threads to enforce that "only us" doctrine), is extremely deleterious to our cause.

I will quote myself again, since it ended up on the bottom of the prior page of this thread:

Remember the title of this thread.

I am not buying Monero, then telling everyone it is the only altcoin that is worth investing in (and that Zcash is inferior in every way), trying to dump my bagholding on others. Nor am I even selling any tokens nor investing in any tokens yet.

I stated very clearly upthread, that my reason for posting in this thread is because of r0ach's behavior, not because of Monero per se. But then it became a Monero community issue because of the way your community interacts in this thread.

Note I edited my prior post to make my technical rebuttal more logically coherent.

Re: The Monero Gang : G T F O

The Monero Gang is a dangerous team of criminals ready to destroy your altcoin picks and turn you into a Monero believer by the force.
The Monero Gang: You will be assimilated, resistance is futile. Buy Monero or die like the rest.
Coming to theaters in 2017.

So I guess I am done in this thread, barring any unforseen attacks against me.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 08:28:02 PM

To be honest I would like to know where the "Monero Community" has been saying things like "it's the only alt coin worth investing in". These claims are kind of hyperbolic in my opinion. The community is made up of a fairly diverse and large amount of  people.  And not all of them are bomb throwers. But of course the bomb throwers  make the biggest splash.  But this isn't that unusual  an outcome on the Internet is it? The thread title of this post is enough to rile up some vocal fans of monero. And I don't understand why it matters what people on the internet say... really. Every alt coin and Bitcoin itself has a bunch of cheerleaders and detractors.

It is what it is.

Nothing to get your panties in a wad over in my opinion.
DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 08:32:14 PM

To be honest I would like to know where the "Monero Community" has been saying things like "it's the only alt coin worth investing in". These claims are kind of hyperbolic in my opinion. The community is made up of a fairly diverse and large amount of  people.  And not all of them are bomb throwers. But of course the bomb throwers  make the biggest splash.  But this isn't that unusual  an outcome on the Internet is it? The thread title of this post is enough to rile up some vocal fans of monero. And I don't understand why it matters what people on the internet say... really. Every alt coin and Bitcoin itself has a bunch of cheerleaders and detractors.

It is what it is.

Nothing to get your panties in a wad over in my opinion.

+1

that is a thing many people do not understand... they only watch the bomb throwers
iamnotback

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 08:38:44 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2016, 09:00:11 PM by iamnotback

You don't need the Monero community's permission to experiment. Just ignore them. That's my 2c anyway. You're certainly entitled to present your view as is anyone of course.

For as long as you condone your community's abhorrent behavior, then you don't understand what makes open source contribution work.

No one wants to contribute to a group of assholes.

We want to see accomplishments that matter, not words.

If Monero starts to approach $1 billion market cap (or perhaps much less if the liquidity is very high, which it is for Monero), this attacker will destroy Monero

R. E. K. T.   Cool

And please put a leash on this rabid Monero predator pitbull who lacks reading comprehension (red emphasis mine).

To be honest I would like to know where the "Monero Community" has been saying things like "it's the only alt coin worth investing in". These claims are kind of hyperbolic in my opinion. The community is made up of a fairly diverse and large amount of  people.  And not all of them are bomb throwers. But of course the bomb throwers  make the biggest splash...

+1
that is a thing many people do not understand... they only watch the bomb throwers

Unfortunately the entire project suffers when you don't disown the bomb throwers.

Remember I fought rpietila when he was preaching that shit. And finally you all disowned him and that Monero Foundation (or what ever it was called, where they were naming themselves individually as Goat of Shire Monero and some hierarchy of reputation/power structure). But you haven't yet disowned these other asshurls who drive your community reputation into the dirt.

I had an amicable, cordial exchange with fluffypony in the XMR chat earlier in the week.

Btw, your key cryptographer shen-noether was also an asshurl to me when I tried to do some peer review in Reddit on your early revision of RingCT. And note I was incredibly ill at that time and he showed no understanding whatsoever for the brain state I was in due to my illness. Just all condescending shit.

And then your community tried to paint me as a whiner, self-important prima donna, or otherwise attack my reputation. Mighty fine community you have there.

Attacked me also because I said I didn't want to work for free as a volunteer. It was always their way or the highway. Join us else you are doomed because they claim to have the best and the brightest. Always sellling yourselves as a 20 year Manhattan Project instead of letting your accomplishments do the talking.
Johnny Mnemonic

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 08:58:16 PM

For as long as you condone your community's abhorrent behavior, then you don't understand what makes open source contribution work.

No one wants to contribute a group of assholes.

If Monero starts to approach $1 billion market cap (or perhaps much less if the liquidity is very high, which it is for Monero), this attacker will destroy Monero

R. E. K. T.   Cool

And please put a leash on this rabid Monero predator pitbull who lacks reading comprehension.

Who are you talking to? Please provide names. I want to know specifically who in this decentralized open-source community should be responsible for controlling/censoring individuals like iCEBREAKER. I expect a direct answer to this question.
iamnotback

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 09:00:46 PM

Who are you talking to? Please provide names. I want to know specifically who in this decentralized open-source community should be responsible for controlling/censoring individuals like iCEBREAKER. I expect a direct answer to this question.

To your community. And please note that "disown" is not "censor".

Clarification: "leash" was a humorous way to return iCEBREAKER's insult. Obviously I don't expect the Monero community to literally place a dog collar on him, although the imagery is quite apropos from my perspective. I've seen Linus publicly disown "idiots" quite frequently. And he has always said that if you don't like his repository and creed, then that is why he created Git so you can make your own.
Johnny Mnemonic

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 09:40:44 PM

Clarification: "leash" was a humorous way to return iCEBREAKER's insult. Obviously I don't expect the Monero community to literally place a dog collar on him, although the imagery is quite apropos from my perspective. I've seen Linus publicly disown "idiots" quite frequently. And he has always said that if you don't like his repository and creed, then that is why he created Git so you can make your own.

I asked for names. Criticizing "the community" is your way of attacking everyone without attacking anyone. But you know this of course. You don't actually expect "the community" (nobody in particular) to police everyone on the internet who has a bad attitude.

Your Linus argument is a non sequitur. Monero is an open source project that people are free to fork or abandon at will. It remains nobody's responsibility to play internet cop.
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 09:48:12 PM

I want to know specifically who in this decentralized open-source community should be responsible for controlling/censoring individuals like iCEBREAKER. I expect a direct answer to this question.

hi, if u really and honestly r a sane man (sadly after years of evaluation the 1st I would have seen from dem Monero gang),

then PLZ for the sake of ur project indirectly control and censor sirs like iCEBREAKER et al by telling them that their particular ramblings they write on Bitcointalk do no good at all and only make Monero in general look like a bunch of desperate losers

ThX

~CfA~

cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 10:05:54 PM

I want to know specifically who in this decentralized open-source community should be responsible for controlling/censoring individuals like iCEBREAKER. I expect a direct answer to this question.

hi, if u really and honestly r a sane man (sadly after years of evaluation the 1st I would have seen from dem Monero gang),

then PLZ for the sake of ur project indirectly control and censor sirs like iCEBREAKER et al by telling them that their particular ramblings they write on Bitcointalk do no good at all and only make Monero in general look like a bunch of desperate losers

ThX

~CfA~

No.

Just no.

I have no right to try to censor anyone, and their actions on the internet are not my personal responsibility.

And frankly your suggestion means you are one of two things:

1. A troll.
2. An idiot.

I don't give a crap about trolls, and I can't help it of you are too stupid to understand that the actions of individual posters are the responsibility of those posters.

You don't like icebreaker? I suggest you take it up with him.
iamnotback

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 10:07:28 PM

I asked for names. Criticizing "the community" is your way of attacking everyone without attacking anyone. But you know this of course. You don't actually expect "the community" (nobody in particular) to police everyone on the internet who has a bad attitude.

Your Linus argument is a non sequitur. Monero is an open source project that people are free to fork or abandon at will. It remains nobody's responsibility to play internet cop.

How convenient the excuse. Hiding behind the "that would be centralization" get-out-of-responsibility card, so as to maximize the "benefit" of all-cummers jizz sprizzing biomass.

Quality, quantity fucks, not missing the holes.

(my illness is starting to fade)

No.

Just no.

I have no right to try to censor anyone, and their actions on the internet are not my personal responsibility.

You forgot to tell smooth that. What the fuck do you think the Monero Speculation thread does?

Hypocrite.
iamnotback

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 10:10:04 PM

How convenient the excuse. Hiding behind the "that would be centralization" get-out-of-responsibility card, so as to maximize the "benefit" of all-cummers jizz sprizzing biomass.

Quality, quantity fucks, not missing the holes.

(my illness is starting to fade)

Wow dude. You need a map or something.

Take ArticMine's copyleft virally enforced communism and jizz it all over Richard Stallman's "software must be free" forced doctrine beard.

Meanwhile back at the ranch of accomplishment...
iamnotback

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 10:13:32 PM

Then don't read the goddamned thread.

I am not, so please keep your community locked up in there, as you wish. Since we all know there is no worthy altcoin other than Monero. So no need to venture out.
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 10:14:31 PM

you are one of two things:

1. A troll.
2. An idiot.

I don't give a crap about trolls, and I can't help it of you are too stupid to understand that the actions of individual posters are the responsibility of those posters.

You don't like icebreaker? I suggest you take it up with him.

hi cAPSLOCK (ur name looks almost like iCEBREAKERs Cheesy)

we r not talking about individual actions here but entire community that fails to understand everyone from the outside thinks they r desperate to crusade and advertise some shite to ppl who dont want it Sad

~CfA~

Johnny Mnemonic

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 11:11:34 PM

Interesting retort. I'll be sure to let the supreme leader of our decentralized user base know he's dodging his responsibilities, whatever those are.
iamnotback

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 11:39:56 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2016, 11:56:00 PM by iamnotback

Interesting retort. I'll be sure to let the supreme leader of our decentralized user base know he's dodging his responsibilities, whatever those are.

When you come off the "holier decentralized more than thou" pedestal, remember to stop forking Monero periodically because forking is centralized control over the block chain.

Point is, nothing is perfect but surely all this verbal dung that is flung over all isn't good for us. It isn't good for our cortisol levels. It isn't good for our cooperation. It isn't good for our humanity.

We aren't baboons. We are humans.

We can strive for decentralization but it shouldn't be used as an excuse to support rabid communities that make the entire process here such a pita. At my age, it is no longer exhilarating to cross swords over trivial matters. It is exhausting. I reserve my effort for that which matters. I was also guilty of what I am now arguing against. I did mea culpa.

Any way, we know some "I know everything, but I don't"1 like r0ach will make some incorrect sweeping claims again. It is impossible to prevent that. I think eventually I will go hide in my own project's official thread (if ever that comes to fruition).

1 And I've been guilty of that offense also.

(btw, I don't totally disrespect r0ach and he has in some of this forum threads made some points worth considering, but I think I am learning that trying to dominate the forum and everybody else is not a good strategy. He makes mistakes in his absolutism1.)
Johnny Mnemonic

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 01:09:34 AM

When you come off the "holier decentralized more than thou" pedestal, remember to stop forking Monero periodically because forking is centralized control over the block chain.

Point is, nothing is perfect but surely all this verbal dung that is flung over all isn't good for us. It isn't good for our cortisol levels. It isn't good for our cooperation. It isn't good for our humanity.

We aren't baboons. We are humans.

We can strive for decentralization but it shouldn't be used as an excuse to support rabid communities that make the entire process here such a pita. At my age, it is no longer exhilarating to cross swords over trivial matters. It is exhausting. I reserve my effort for that which matters. I was also guilty of what I am now arguing against. I did mea culpa.

Any way, we know some "I know everything, but I don't"1 like r0ach will make some incorrect sweeping claims again. It is impossible to prevent that. I think eventually I will go hide in my own project's official thread (if ever that comes to fruition).

1 And I've been guilty of that offense also.

(btw, I don't totally disrespect r0ach and he has in some of this forum threads made some points worth considering, but I think I am learning that trying to dominate the forum and everybody else is not a good strategy. He makes mistakes in his absolutism1.)

I appreciate the more thoughtful reply, and I agree that nothing is perfect and we shouldn't argue over stupid shit.

The truth is, I don't care nearly as much about the BCT personalities as I do about making decentralized money an accessible reality. I don't base my support of any project on troll behavior or how annoying some of the supporters might come across, but I get your point that it may be a barrier for others.

I don't personally endorse the comments of r0ach or iCEBREAKER (nor do I follow or keep up with them), but I don't speak on behalf of "the community" either. Nobody does. So I do sometimes get frustrated by attacks directed toward "the community" that should be directed toward whatever individual is causing the problem in the first place.
XMRpromotions

Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 02:00:02 AM

Don't buy Monero

https://twitter.com/MoneroPromotion/status/746006420508729344

One of the easiest ways to lose money is to purchase things on the recommendation of others without understanding what is under the hood

Education is free.  Come to StackExchange and learn. Private beta will start soon.

Bring your difficult Monero related questions.

Don't buy Monero: https://twitter.com/MoneroPromotion/status/746006420508729344

XMR: 43hPTYyKarCTWyh4ZnMVn8AtFeEmtzTXo3Y6TGGMV26BWonJ4tpR7eP9RkUDYQbvg6LbrnMXWfghddE NGtvKxr7B5oML4qd
iamnotback

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 02:02:34 AM

One of the easiest ways to lose money is to purchase things on the recommendation of others without understanding what is under the hood

Education is free.  Come to StackExchange and learn. Private beta will start soon.

+1

Excellent reaction. Very positive outcome (my effort wasn't wasted thx).
XMRpromotions

Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 02:10:26 AM

Education is free.  Come to StackExchange and learn. Private beta will start soon.

+1

Excellent reaction. Very positive outcome (my effort wasn't wasted thx).

I personally appreciate difficult questions for highly educated people like you. Monero is not perfect, but the community will not hide from its imperfections. The more intelligent people who study Monero, the greater the chance that weaknesses (and improvements) can be found.

This is one grand experiment. Of course I hope Monero succeeds, but if it does fail I will promise you one thing. I will learn something from the experience.

http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/98617/monero

Don't buy Monero: https://twitter.com/MoneroPromotion/status/746006420508729344

XMR: 43hPTYyKarCTWyh4ZnMVn8AtFeEmtzTXo3Y6TGGMV26BWonJ4tpR7eP9RkUDYQbvg6LbrnMXWfghddE NGtvKxr7B5oML4qd
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: