Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:55:27 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING scammer r0ach now shilling for the Monero hoax  (Read 7339 times)
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 05:09:41 AM

Can anyone translate what he wrote to some coherent statement that implicates me and my participation in this thread  Huh

I think this thread has proved one truth. Everything you say, can be held against you, in ways that don't make any sense, and you will spend the rest of your life defending every word you ever wrote.

tldr; Don't write English, only write code.

Only write for your WoT. (When appeasing to the general public, candy coat profusely or just don't bother.)
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2016, 05:52:05 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2016, 06:27:39 AM by generalizethis

Can anyone translate what he wrote to some coherent statement that implicates me and my participation in this thread  Huh

I think this thread has proved one truth. Everything you say, can be held against you, in ways that don't make any sense, and you will spend the rest of your life defending every word you ever wrote.

tldr; Don't write English, only write code.

Only write for your WoT. (When appeasing to the general public, candy coat profusely or just don't bother.)

Shakespeare purposely wrote so one could have multiple readings of the same text--great writing is like quantum coding. I think you are making the mistake of trying to write things into a neat box that limits the reader to one view (your own). Language doesn't work that way unless you write "Bob ran up the hill." even then the reader will infer how he ran, what Bob looked like, the scenery, the type of hill, whether he was naked or wearing an Armani suit, whether he was running from something or towards something, whether it was sunny, cloudy, windy, whether the writer miswrote "hill" and actually meant "bill" and the setting was a Korean restaurant on the corner of 6th and Main...

I'd either give up your desire for (undo?) control or go back to coding something (hopefully something great that extends privacy rights and capabilities).

*Also, many in the Bitcoin realm (including icebreaker) are militant in their abhorrence of lesser shit coins, and that hasn't seemed to have any negative impact on adoption--the real limiter to adoption seems that no one in the real world knows what the hell is going on in this tiny pool. When they do know, where and how a coin is positioned will be of upmost importance--IE this is the time for technical people to have technical arguments and hash out what's good and what's crap. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it until someone can point out how any currency, digital or otherwise, with under a $100 billion marketcap matters to a general consumer. My point is that we are at the exploratory stage and exploration is what has been going on, so to fault that (IMO) is an obvious case of putting the cart before the horse.

iamnotback

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 06:51:04 AM

generalizethis, I agree.

Neither experts from Monero nor myself can know which technologies are going to be the most important.

I have some interesting technology that turns everything upside down. It is going to make people rethink the way they've been thinking about all of this. But technology in one's head is useless. Without code, it might as well be my mirage. And one thing that all programmers will tell you, that until you've written the code, what is in your head may not actually work when you've coded it.

As for Monero's tech, Zcash's tech, etc, etc., I have already written too much. There is nothing I could write that would really matter that much. Only those who code (and maybe marketing to some degree also but the fundamental tech will be probably be the one that causes the big paradigm shift) might have an impact on outcomes.

That is why I say let everything run free. None of us are omniscient. iCEBREAKER had changed ships numerous times over the years, because he is also not omniscient.

Originally I thought that smart contracts were useless, but then I had an epiphany on a more decentralized way to do a DAO. None of us are omniscient.

That is why I backed off of picking sides on others' coins. Yeah I'll make a post or two about potential egregiously obvious scams (e.g. the recent WAVES ICO and immediately spending the BTC smacks of repaying a loan which means the ICO might have been significantly fake and a cover for a premine), but I am not going to harp on it or take "assimilate or die" approach any more. I think I was wrong to do that. I was fighting against nature and serendipity. Because even the small chance I am wrong, that community might learn something useful even if I am right (e.g. I learned about importance of DAO from Ethereum's mistake), and that as you and I both realize, we can't stop the speculators any way.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2016, 07:11:57 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2016, 07:48:34 AM by iCEBREAKER

Unfortunately the entire project suffers when you don't disown the bomb throwers.

Remember I fought rpietila when he was preaching that shit. And finally you all disowned him and that Monero Foundation (or what ever it was called, where they were naming themselves individually as Goat of Shire Monero and some hierarchy of reputation/power structure). But you haven't yet disowned these other asshurls who drive your community reputation into the dirt.

I had an amicable, cordial exchange with fluffypony in the XMR chat earlier in the week.

Btw, your key cryptographer shen-noether was also an asshurl to me when I tried to do some peer review in Reddit on your early revision of RingCT. And note I was incredibly ill at that time and he showed no understanding whatsoever for the brain state I was in due to my illness. Just all condescending shit.

And then your community tried to paint me as a whiner, self-important prima donna, or otherwise attack my reputation. Mighty fine community you have there.

Attacked me also because I said I didn't want to work for free as a volunteer. It was always their way or the highway. Join us else you are doomed because they claim to have the best and the brightest. Always sellling yourselves as a 20 year Manhattan Project instead of letting your accomplishments do the talking.

This is artful trolling.  Annoymint's satire cannot match your gift for generating inflammatory, self-contradicting schizophrenic lunacy.

We get it; when you're not going off the deep end you're up on your Cross.  Enjoy the endless cycle of mania and depression.   Undecided

When you come off the "holier decentralized more than thou" pedestal, remember to stop forking Monero periodically because forking is centralized control over the block chain.

Point is, nothing is perfect but surely all this verbal dung that is flung over all isn't good for us. It isn't good for our cortisol levels. It isn't good for our cooperation. It isn't good for our humanity.

We aren't baboons. We are humans.

We can strive for decentralization but it shouldn't be used as an excuse to support rabid communities that make the entire process here such a pita. At my age, it is no longer exhilarating to cross swords over trivial matters. It is exhausting. I reserve my effort for that which matters. I was also guilty of what I am now arguing against. I did mea culpa.

Any way, we know some "I know everything, but I don't"1 like r0ach will make some incorrect sweeping claims again. It is impossible to prevent that. I think eventually I will go hide in my own project's official thread (if ever that comes to fruition).

1 And I've been guilty of that offense also.

(btw, I don't totally disrespect r0ach and he has in some of this forum threads made some points worth considering, but I think I am learning that trying to dominate the forum and everybody else is not a good strategy. He makes mistakes in his absolutism.)

Another brilliant post.  Thank you for coming here and writing these words.

Such a unique take on the powerful New Age Hustle technique!

You are teaching me so much about Jedi level trolling.   Cool

When I made a statement about the Monero community, it wasn't a personal attack on you.

When I wrote that you are a "hypocrite", it was a factual statement because you advocated that your community can't (or shouldn't) apply censorship, yet you do in your Monero Speculation thread and besides I wasn't asking your community to censor. I rather suggested to your community you might want to tell this rabid dog to fuck off, because he continues driving your community reputation into the dirt:

THIS WAS a personal attack on me. You called ME a hypocrite.  I don't actually give a crap because it is baseless nonsense. Especially since I did not start the thread you are talking about, and have absolutely nothing to do with it's moderation.

I made a factual statement, as I already explained to you.

Look how you Monero weasels weasel. No culpability for your actions whatsoever.

Look how you draw highly intelligent people in to your typhoon of drama, arguing like a drunk couple having a fight about who first started calling names and which one is a hypocrite.

It's really amazing and impressive.   Cool

Perhaps you have the first communicable case of mental illness?  Crazy virus patient zero?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 08:22:57 AM

Look how you draw highly intelligent people in to your typhoon of drama, arguing like a drunk couple having a fight about who first started calling names and which one is a hypocrite.

It's really amazing and impressive.   Cool

Perhaps you have the first communicable case of mental illness?  Crazy Virus patient zero?

Hmm,
Sorry but I was the 1st confirmed case of Communicable Crazy Virus, spreads whenever anyone reads my post.

Oh Crap, Sorry Everyone.  Cheesy

Cool

FYI:
Crazy also Loves Company.  Cheesy
Kind of explains BTCTalk.  Tongue
iamnotback

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 08:51:17 AM

I don't have words to respond to you. Just hope I never see you in real life. You are sick person. Very sick.
Johnny Mnemonic

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 08:58:45 AM

If all your issues are with r0ach, or smooth, or iCE, why do you keep dragging "the community" into it?

r0ach said something you don't like? Don't blame him. Blame "the community."

iCEBREAKER pisses you off? Must be the community.

Smooth deleted your post? Community.

Girlfriend won't give you a blowie? It's that fucking Monero community.
iamnotback

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 09:03:58 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2016, 09:15:02 AM by iamnotback

If all your issues are with r0ach, or smooth, or iCE, why do you keep dragging "the community" into it?

Isn't it funny how all the attacks come from your community members. Must be a coincidence. Wait let me calculate the probability of that.

Come on dude, why are you trying to blame me for your fucked up community.

You just won't be satisfied until you can blame me. That is the Monero culture.

This is the sort humiliation your community attempts all the time. That has nothing to do with what is going on here. My gf will give me a blowie anytime at my command and she will lick my balls too and even my anus. Do you need proof, we can arrange for you to watch for a fee.

You seem to be hung up on this. Maybe this watching is the closest you will get to having a sex bomb 36D 26 year old suck cock.
Johnny Mnemonic

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 09:34:53 AM

Isn't it funny how all the attacks come from your community members. Must be a coincidence. Wait let me calculate the probability of that.

Which attacks exactly? Aside from iCEBREAKER's most recent post, I don't see very many attacks directed toward you, but I see several directed from you toward others.

As for probabilities, you appear to have issues with quite a few people on this forum. It seems rather likely that a couple of them would be affiliated with Monero.
Someone47

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 09:36:26 AM

Which attacks exactly? Aside from iCEBREAKER's most recent post, I don't see very many attacks directed toward you, but I see several directed from you directed toward others.

As for probabilities, you appear to have issues with quite a few people on this forum. I'd guess it's quite likely that a couple of them are affiliated with Monero.

are you a slave, sir? you sound like one

سلام
iamnotback

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 09:48:28 AM

Which attacks exactly?

It helps to read the thread before commenting about it.

Any way, we are both wasting each other's time at this point.

We will never understand each other. So please stop this nonsense now. You are spamming the forum with "Monero hoax" .

Do you realize you are bumping "Monero hoax" to the top of the forum every time you all continue this filibuster trolling victory by attrition tactic.

I am confident that Monero is going to get exactly what it deserves. And personally I would like to stop talking to you. Thank you.
Johnny Mnemonic

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 10:03:53 AM

It's okay. Nobody is actually fooling anyone into believing Monero is a hoax. It's been around long enough for everyone to know what it's about.

Agreed, lets not waste anymore of each other's time. If you want to turn your personal disagreements with a couple of people into a community vendetta, I can't stop you.
iamnotback

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 10:09:56 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2016, 10:51:55 AM by iamnotback

It's okay. Nobody is actually fooling anyone into believing Monero is a hoax. It's been around long enough for everyone to know what it's about.

Agreed, lets not waste anymore of each other's time. If you want to turn your personal disagreements with a couple of people into a community vendetta, I can't stop you.

It is not "a couple of people". The list of those attacked me in this thread from your community include:

yourself
cAPSLOCK
Smoothie
Smooth
ArticMine
iCEBREAKER
AnnoyMint
meme magic

The list of those who've attacked me (not just in this thread) from your community reaches I would suppose a dozen+ names.

Note smooth insulted me and ended up being wrong, but he did at least not going on and on. Smoothie also didn't go on and on, although his attack was palatable. ArticMine needs to write a white paper.

Again I did not ask for any special accommodation. You continue to falsely accuse me of that, which thus makes you an attacker. I said that Monero might want to disown iCEBREAKER, but that was a suggestion for your community, not an accommodation that I am asking for myself. But since you all rejected that suggestion, I then stated that I would fine if you all would just continue to screw up just the same way you have been.  That would been fine with me.

Note XMRPromotion made a very nice attempt, but you all just had to keep going on and on and on, because that is what Monero community does. Nonstop useless bullshit in the Monero Speculation forum. Enjoy the hamster wheel.

As you can probably tell, I don't like you guys. And you guys don't like me. So let's stop talking. You can have the last word, as long as you don't try to paint me as the victim again.  Roll Eyes

I merely suggested you guys might want to stop fucking your marketing to hell. But on second thought, please don't reform anything.

But in generally who own Monero right now dont matter much, since userbase at this point is minimal to what will be in future.

U think that Moneros userbase will grow larger than the 20 dudes that hoard and try to propagate monero now?

what makes u think that - should I think the same ?

~CfA~

There should be extremely rich 19 guys that own 12 millions Moneros. If you believe in that it dont matter what you think will happen later on.

How did Monero get into a thread LISK vs. WAVES?

Why are Monero trolls in every body else's threads?

Is that the trolling marketing method?

Is Monero jealous that WAVES and LISK raised $20m, while Monero has no developer funding and relies on voluntears.  Cry

First mention of it was, surprise, a troll post egging on someone who posts in monero threads, just like many other times a thread became about Monero:

I see you Monero community have a two-faced logic system because you can't walk your own talk:

Who is forcing you to respond in this thread?

Nobody but yourself.

Do us all a favor and at least own your own actions (like wasting your own time posting on the forum per your own words).
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2016, 08:17:37 PM

I don't have words to respond to you. Just hope I never see you in real life. You are sick person. Very sick.

The first part of not responding is to make sure you aren't responding.

Poor internet tough guy.  You've never had to deal with someone who can effortlessly/gleefully control the narrative despite your voluminous competing attempts, and now you don't know what to do, except threaten and pout.   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
iamnotback

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 08:30:02 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2016, 09:56:12 PM by iamnotback

Re: WARNING scammer r0ach now shilling for the Monero hoax

I see you want to bump the thread and destroy Monero's community reputation.

I suppose you'll be bumping this thread again, because destroying Monero's reputation is more important to you than admitting to yourself that you made a fool of yourself in this thread.

You've pushed beyond threats. Do not encounter me in real life. That is not a threat. My suggestion to you, is to stop harassing and stalking others on the forum. This is not an internet game. This is a real case of harassment and erroneously maligning my reputation.

This started out as discussion about the mining security of Monero. You have turned this into an harassment and an insane fight to the death over a block chain project. Thus I conclude you might be insane.

Nobody reads the flame wars. His importance is entirely a figment of iCEBREAKER's imagination.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 09:53:50 PM

Who are you talking to? Please provide names. I want to know specifically who in this decentralized open-source community should be responsible for controlling/censoring individuals like iCEBREAKER. I expect a direct answer to this question.

No.

Just no.

I have no right to try to censor anyone, and their actions on the internet are not my personal responsibility.

A quote once very much loved by the Monero community comes to mind that some could see analogous to this situation.

I think it went something along the lines of  "When you see scam and don't scream scam you're the scam".

It's a good principle to have as it can be adhered to it when it advances the agenda currently being run and it can also be conveniently dismissed when suitable just as well.
SolomonRising

Activity: 170
Merit: 105

The Truth illuminates the eyes of the heart!

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 11:44:52 PM

Monero and Dash will both do really well this year.  Things should get interesting after the halving is behind us.

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
Hong Kong (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2016, 11:17:36 PM

I didn't even notice that the thread turned into 8 pages. Wow

Ridin the wave
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: