Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 07:14:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I no longer love ETH  (Read 809 times)
UKBob (OP)

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

I like Ethereum and Rimbit

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 08:32:36 AM

So it looks like a soft fork is on the cards for Etherium to blacklist the wallets that the stolen Etherium has gone into.

What does this mean?

On the face of it, this looks good BUT

It means that Etherium Devs, at their decision and will, can stop contracts based on whatever criteria they see fit. It can be because of stolen ETH, but next time it may be because you voted for Trump/Clinton/NottheirPerson, or made a racist post on Facebook, or your name starts with a B.

Guaranteed that this centralised system of manipulation and distrust will catch innocent people in any blacklisting done. 

We should all be worried, not just by Etherium, but also by any Crypto Currency that is managed by groups of inexperienced people that do not take into account every angle and just "shoot from the hip" as can be seen by the bickering, fraud and lack of logic in what they do.

RM6kf3k6d12nsTkV3B7amvsTUXcyFuFWaz
freshman777

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2016, 10:01:47 AM

ETH still loves you Cheesy

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
cbreum

Activity: 118
Merit: 12

Passionate software developer and crypto guy.

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2016, 05:05:04 AM

I follow what you say completely Bob.

It's a sad day for all cryptos, but it seems like Ethereum is on it's way back up in price. Anyway it's really not the crypto of the future. I would put my money on Rimbit instead. It's really superior to all the other cryptos out there.

Co-founder Echangere: https://echangere.com/
OldschoolNoob

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 05:26:20 AM

It is a disgrace.

Crypto was supposed to be about economic freedom, liberty from fiat slavery of the central banksters - but what ETH devs have done is sacrilege and complete sell out of the crypto principles.

I never liked ETH and was never a supporter but neither was I actively against it, I wanted it too succeed as I hoped it would help the crypto land to reach mainstream attention.

But after the last week - I am 110% against ETH and the devs - because they are authoritarian money grabbing scum. Shame on you - you will go down in history as the biggest disgrace and abomination of cryptocurrency.

And the followers are even more pathetic - sheep getting lead by a bunch of wolves.
Aceanyth

Activity: 119
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 05:36:40 AM

So it looks like a soft fork is on the cards for Etherium to blacklist the wallets that the stolen Etherium has gone into.

What does this mean?

On the face of it, this looks good BUT

It means that Etherium Devs, at their decision and will, can stop contracts based on whatever criteria they see fit. It can be because of stolen ETH, but next time it may be because you voted for Trump/Clinton/NottheirPerson, or made a racist post on Facebook, or your name starts with a B.

Guaranteed that this centralised system of manipulation and distrust will catch innocent people in any blacklisting done. 

We should all be worried, not just by Etherium, but also by any Crypto Currency that is managed by groups of inexperienced people that do not take into account every angle and just "shoot from the hip" as can be seen by the bickering, fraud and lack of logic in what they do.

I feel you. No more decentralization, just a group of developer who can decide what to do with your coins.
They  have no right to touch my money, nor will I let them. It's by by from me too.
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 07:48:43 AM

It like this,

You're at a Bar and been drinking for a few hours,
you meet this hot chick named ETH,

Go back to her place and one thing leads to another,

You wake up in the morning , SOBER and see her for Real.

The Chick is so Ugly , you are almost willing to cut your arm off so you don't wake her.

You sneak out and get home, only to find a searing pain across your back and buttocks,
apparently her finger nails took a few layers of skin off.

You schedule yourself for AA the next day.  Tongue

Eth is kinda like that.  Cheesy

Cool
1ofthemany

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 08:04:10 AM

Blame the miners if any forks get implemented
BigSirko

Activity: 201

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 08:14:14 AM

Should be on the Trollbox in Poloniex.  A considerable movement of people had already gone from Ethereum to NEM, a project which started around the same time but was largely ninja-mode until now.  More news for NEM is coming out soon.

hardshot

Activity: 457
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 08:19:06 AM

Should be on the Trollbox in Poloniex.  A considerable movement of people had already gone from Ethereum to NEM, a project which started around the same time but was largely ninja-mode until now.  More news for NEM is coming out soon.

And NEM Devs are doing their job sooo much better than any other project I've seen so far.
kattokassinen

Activity: 169

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 08:22:04 AM

Should be on the Trollbox in Poloniex.  A considerable movement of people had already gone from Ethereum to NEM, a project which started around the same time but was largely ninja-mode until now.  More news for NEM is coming out soon.

And NEM Devs are doing their job sooo much better than any other project I've seen so far.
I must second this.

I took part in both Eth and NEM right from the start. By far, NEM is my favorite project with a great deal of undicovered potential by the general public.

I strongly suggest anyone disappointed in Eth to do some research on NEM.
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2016, 08:26:39 AM

The hype was too strong and everybody bought into it. Am I surprised? Hardly.
If there is anything 2013 taught me, it is this.

tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 08:40:20 AM

I agree, it doesn't really sit well, so if something bad happens that we don't like instead of dealing, learning and moving past it we will just pretend like it didn't happen. It just has a bad taste the fact that this is so willingly put forward and will probably go ahead.

I did hear about NEM but not that familiar with it, might take your advice and do some research on it.
nembit86

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 08:48:56 AM

its simple.....   Smart contracts are not so great.......flawed....

Nem quietly getting bigger and better......

BIG Asian influence set to get bigger.........

ETH , DAO , LISK holders really need to investigate NEM

I honestly don't want you guys to miss out.....

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
HCLivess
Legendary

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2016, 08:49:33 AM

I agree, it doesn't really sit well, so if something bad happens that we don't like instead of dealing, learning and moving past it we will just pretend like it didn't happen. It just has a bad taste the fact that this is so willingly put forward and will probably go ahead.

I did hear about NEM but not that familiar with it, might take your advice and do some research on it.

Yes, let's all buy NEM on an ATH spike

nembit86

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 08:51:09 AM

Spike ?

you don't know your history mate...........NEM steps , doesn't spike !!!!!!!

Wink

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
HCLivess
Legendary

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2016, 11:08:25 AM

Spike ?

you don't know your history mate...........NEM steps , doesn't spike !!!!!!!

Wink

Quoting this for future reference so you see what fool you have made of yourself

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: