Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 11:50:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitfinex - fraudulent earnings?  (Read 1205 times)
mayax (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 10:01:39 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2016, 09:48:41 PM by mayax

Bitfinex is down for SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE which is a lie because it was not a SCHEDULED one, as they are admitting Smiley

Is it not strange that this appeared when the price starting to go down and the people were selling at 750 usd/btc?

Bitfinex's clients are unable to withdrawn/cancel their orders so, they lost a lot of money because BTC = 700 USD now Smiley

Bitfinex earned a lot of money in this way.  Grin Grin Grin
chineseprancing

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 10:09:38 AM

Bitfinex is down for SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE which is a lie because it was not a SCHEDULED one, as they are admitting Smiley

Is it not strange that this appeared when the price starting to go down and the people were selling at 750 usd/btc?

Bitfinex's clients are unable to withdrawn/cancel their orders so, they lost a lot of money because BTC = 700 USD now Smiley

Bitfinex earned a lot of money in this way.  Grin Grin Grin
So bitfinex is considered as scam now? maybe they have an error on their system, maybe?
RocketSingh
Legendary

Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 10:12:18 AM

Who runs Bitfinex? Is the owner/founder known?

DaddyMonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2016, 10:16:39 AM

Earlier there was a message in the site that it's not about funds or not about security so for now lets say they are not hacked but they are doing something about it. Here is the exact message now when you access their status page "Investigating - We have elected to take the site down due to network instability within our datacenter. We are working with our hosting provider to get the issue solved and will continue to update this page."
https://bitfinex.statuspage.io/
mayax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 10:20:27 AM

Who runs Bitfinex? Is the owner/founder known?

Phil G. Potter and Raphael Nicolle

Bitfinex is well known for price manipulation and doing shit things :

https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/2t3iz5/bitfinex_cso_phillip_g_potter_admits_to_trading/
bitcoinisfurture

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 10:45:00 AM

This is really ridiculous way to get the money. What they have done is basically lost the customers in the mean time since now people would not be interested in this type of quick making money considering only their profit. Just for some amount of $ they lost clients for lifetime.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 11:31:03 AM

Let's just wait for a statement coming from Bitfinex before speculating about hacks and stuff.

It may just be that they are making some adjustments to their trading platform.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
mayax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 11:55:00 AM

This is really ridiculous way to get the money. What they have done is basically lost the customers in the mean time since now people would not be interested in this type of quick making money considering only their profit. Just for some amount of $ they lost clients for lifetime.

it's not about hack. it's about manipulation with  "experiencing issues throughout datacenter " . is it not curious that they don't have a redundant "server" while this "tech problem" has happened in the past too? Smiley

They did the same in the past when the price was high...Bitfinex is a pure fraud.

they earned ALOT from this shit. Do you think they care if they lose some clients while they made a huge profit? Smiley
lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 04:31:52 PM

it's not about hack. it's about manipulation with  "experiencing issues throughout datacenter " . is it not curious that they don't have a redundant "server" while this "tech problem" has happened in the past too? Smiley

They did the same in the past when the price was high...Bitfinex is a pure fraud.

they earned ALOT from this shit. Do you think they care if they lose some clients while they made a huge profit? Smiley

Some company can really be very selfish in this respect. I even know of a few company purposely did very poorly at a point of time so they cost the share price to drop to like 10% or even lower and then they buy back a tons of the share before giving out the better dividends. So they get more dividends and able to make some profit to sell the shares at a higher price.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 6177

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 04:35:16 PM

They are back and they are working fine. https://bitfinex.statuspage.io/incidents/hy64vfbk9r18

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mayax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 05:27:14 PM

They are back and they are working fine. https://bitfinex.statuspage.io/incidents/hy64vfbk9r18

yes, after their clients lost a lot of money and after Bitfinex earned a small fortune from this. A shit exchanger who is doing this yearly; search and you will see that I am right Smiley
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 06:12:35 PM

No need to spread the usual FUD. They went down for a couple of hours, did maintenance and now they re back. No need to cry about missed opportunities, water under the bridge. Simply stay hungry for more.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
mayax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 07:21:38 PM

No need to spread the usual FUD. They went down for a couple of hours, did maintenance and now they re back. No need to cry about missed opportunities, water under the bridge. Simply stay hungry for more.

I am chill and I am smiling when I am writing posts. I earned alot during the years(since e-gold's time when you maybe were not born) so, when I see fanatics/shills like you...i am just smiling.  Grin

Bitfinex is a bunch of people who earned a lot because of this shit. -10% in BTC price. if they had 1 mil IN, they won 100K in few hours. who lost? their clients Smiley   Keep your shill works !  
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 07:27:39 PM

Theyy haven't said in details what actually happens "network insatability" ? did any of their clients have reported about this before ? No any explanation given by them about what actually has happen which sound quite fishy, however i feel lucky to not have any of my open orders there.
Diaz

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 07:55:11 PM

This site is a total scheme, i placed an order, which was never executed or even registered due to "suspended trading", nor had i the option of cancelling it after it was placed. Well, hold and be hold it mysteriously regesterd 8 hours later after the site came back on line due to "maintenance" of course BTC tanked 10% by then. By the way, this isn't the first time they pulled this stunt either.
Newcoins2020

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 08:27:43 PM

Theyy haven't said in details what actually happens "network insatability" ? did any of their clients have reported about this before ? No any explanation given by them about what actually has happen which sound quite fishy, however i feel lucky to not have any of my open orders there.

During that instability none of my orders went through. Even the sell orders for a flash crash's of today. Is it possible to hold them liable for that?
mayax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 09:39:09 PM

During that instability none of my orders went through. Even the sell orders for a flash crash's of today. Is it possible to hold them liable for that?
\

You cannot make them liable because they are not licensed/regulated by anybody. Yes, you can withdrawn all your funds from Bitfinex and spread the word about this SCAM.

Bitfinex=PURE SCAM/FRAUD
mayax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 09:42:42 PM

This site is a total scheme, i placed an order, which was never executed or even registered due to "suspended trading", nor had i the option of cancelling it after it was placed. Well, hold and be hold it mysteriously regesterd 8 hours later after the site came back on line due to "maintenance" of course BTC tanked 10% by then. By the way, this isn't the first time they pulled this stunt either.

this is what I said for years about Bitfinex. It's part of the exchanger's cartel, an unlicensed exchanger and a pure fraud. Every fucking year, they do the same thing and they "earn" A LOT of money in few hours.

make a search on net and you will see that I am right  Roll Eyes      Their datacenter worked without any problem but they partially closed their servers. same shit last year when they blaimed the servers not the datacenter.

2 years ago it was  a so called "software problem" and so on  Cheesy  Yes, tech problems may appear, it's OK.... but Bitfinex's problems appears only when the BTC price is pumped up and when it's about to go down, meaning that MANY clients will withdrawn/sell, Bitfinex website is going offline until the BTC price is -10%-20%.

Result : if they had orders of 1 MIL USD today, they earned at least 100,000 in few hours, if they had 2 mil = 200K profit(money in their pockets) and so on. Of course, their clients lost these money.
Diaz

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 07:51:00 PM

"During that instability none of my orders went through. Even the sell orders for a flash crash's of today. Is it possible to hold them liable for that?"
My buy "market" order @705 that i placed on 20th of june @9:18 pm was not executed till early morning of june 21st, essentially after 11% decline. Not only that, the orders were not even visible nor had i access to cancel them till tuesday morning around 10 am. The site is a total fucking scam.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 08:03:33 PM

Pathetic behavior on Bitfinex's part. Customers are gonna roll around and scream. Then they're gonna scream about finding alternatives and never going back. Then they're gonna quietly log in again. Rinse and repeat.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: