Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:07:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Plutus [PLU] — Earn 3% Back in Crypto on Every Debit Card Payment  (Read 97532 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
PLUTUSit (OP)

Activity: 383
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 04:40:10 PM

Plutus Bi-Monthly Report — Pilot Progress (Apr 2/2)

Welcome back to our bi-monthly report, our tech team has been working with pilot testers to make further improvements to our new Plutus 2.0 website. We have made great progress since our last update and we look forward to unveiling the complete functionality set in the coming weeks.

Pinned Announcements

- Currently, our system is in pilot testing mode, site and app access is limited to pilot test users for the coming weeks.
- Our site and a new app will be available to the wider public once the pilot ends, unveiling our new live features.

Development Update

Tool Upgrades
The development team has updated our tool for container orchestration to a new version, this empowers our team with numerous new functionalities resulting in a more stable and maintained environment. On top of this, the team has built and tested a bespoke backup procedure.

We’ve upgraded our CI/CD tool which now allows us to implement required builds using a built-in scheduler. This will allow us to deploy changes at times of low activity which are less disruptive to our customers.

Squashing Bugs
The tech team has spent a large portion of their time handling and prioritising bugs reported through our pilot programme for both our web app and our microservices; these have been segregated into level 1 or level 2 tickets and fixed according to their impact and severity on our users. The bugs are flaws that cause the web app to behave in unintended ways and some were present after both unit and functional testing. Circa 80% of the bugs have now been resolved, new versions of the code have been updated and tested.

Marketing Update

Digital Campaigns
The marketing team has been working on new digital campaigns to be displayed across key marketing channels once our pilot ends, the new designs are aligned with our Plutus 2.0 overhaul and updated with our current feature set. The aim is to showcase our wide array of financial services in a simple and easily digestible manner whilst remaining slick and minimalist.

PR Coverage
The team are continually working on securing tier 1 press coverage for our product announcements, we are currently in talks with numerous media outlets and discussing various campaigns to help spread awareness of Plutus to a wider audience.

Community Competitions
The team is planning for numerous community competitions to be hosted over the coming weeks. This is a sign of our gratitude for the communities endless support and encouragement, stay tuned for further announcements and an opportunity to win cool Plutus swag.

Evergreen Content
The team has written multiple evergreen articles centred around interesting and applicable topics to be released at optimal times across various platforms to help boost our exposure amongst the crypto community.

Social Influencer Campaigns
The marketing team has continued with the planning of our influencer campaign. We previously reached out to potential influencers and performed background checks on their channels. We are now conducting a cost-benefit analysis to determine who will prove the most beneficial to Plutus. We are considering demographic, geographical location, price, presentation style, audience type (e.g. traders, miners, investors) and more.

Press Kit
The marketing team has put together a press kit to give to media outlets and influencers so they can rapidly accustom themselves with our products and services. This includes our updated Plutus imagery, a breakdown of our USP’s and feature sets, and a brief overview of the company’s history.

General Update

Data Processing
We’re gradually building our data science discipline at the product level. We have selected tools and begun building data pipelines for processing information in near real time so we can make informed data-driven product decisions.

Currently, we are optimising for low-event latency which means we can query recent user events within minutes of it happening and react accordingly. Other requirements, such as interactive querying, monitoring or scalability, will be optimised at a later stage.

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —— — — — — —

Fact: In 1990, the first web page was served on the open internet. Over the last 30 years, the internet has gone on to impact nearly every aspect of our lives (communication, e-commerce, work, etc.).

Cryptocurrencies are more complex than the internet and may take more time to develop, but they also have the potential to drastically disrupt important areas of our lives (e.g. money, economics, government). Plutus will support the industry’s growth and provide real-life use-cases that are currently lacking.

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —— — — — — —

Join us on Telegram and read the full update on our Medium page.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
David_Plutus

Activity: 187
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2019, 03:48:46 PM

Discussion - Cryptocurrencies and Regulation

Hey everyone, we'd love to see some more discussion around Plutus and crypto so we're going to begin posting discussion topics for everyone to get involved. Our first - Cryptocurrencies and Regulation. We've got a great little article linked at the end too  Grin

As we see the emergence of bank created cryptocurrencies, and as crypto as a whole moves from a niche group of users to the mainstream, what do you guys think regulation means for the industry?

Personally, I think regulation is inevitable but it certainly isn't something to be feared. Rather, it should be embraced. Here at Plutus we pride ourselves on our stringent dedication to compliance and regulations. Will regulation see the end of privacy coins like Monero? What does it main for the three major players (BTC/ETH and XRP)? We'd love to hear your opinions :raised_hands:

Article: We Need to End the "Wild West" of Cryptocurrencies
BettyPicks

Activity: 18

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 08:39:08 AM

As much as I understand and see the need for regulation in crypto etc, I find myself asking 'was that Satoshi's vision'? Or did he (she? they?) intend to make the ground shake within the global financial system? Was the intention to move the power back to the people? I'd like to think so but maybe it's just because that story sounds better than any alternative hahaa

Agreed, regulation is probably invevitable, wonder if it will be global or differ between nations.

What is happening with Plutus btw? Is the card released yet?
David_Plutus

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2019, 09:31:10 AM

As much as I understand and see the need for regulation in crypto etc, I find myself asking 'was that Satoshi's vision'? Or did he (she? they?) intend to make the ground shake within the global financial system? Was the intention to move the power back to the people? I'd like to think so but maybe it's just because that story sounds better than any alternative hahaa

Agreed, regulation is probably invevitable, wonder if it will be global or differ between nations.

Hey BettyPicks - great to have you here  Cheesy

Of course regulation is coming, but to what extent I'm not sure. Global financial authorities will be pushed to create regulations around cryptocurrencies for a number of reasons - primarily anti money laundering imo.

As for what Satoshi's vision truly was, I understand the point of view of 'liberating the people' and, as interesting as it sounds, I'm not sure if it's entirely realistic but definitely something to think about!

What is happening with Plutus btw? Is the card released yet?

We've made some incredibly exciting progress over the past few months, with the inception and rollout of Plutus 2.0. You can read more about Plutus 2.0 and our future vision here

Currently, we're in our pilot test card phase. A number of dedicated users have been selected to take part, they have access to aspects of Plutus 2.0 and have their hands on a test card. This pilot phase ensures that we've ironed out all major bugs and issues before releasing to the general public. We're super excited!

As for when yourself and other eager users can get their hands on a card - I'm happy to say it should be within weeks! However, there is some crucial third party decisions we're waiting on which could impact it.

Our community is growing too! You can come and join the conversation on Discord here as well as find the full list of our social media channels here
BettyPicks

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 10:05:56 AM
Last edit: April 26, 2019, 10:24:16 AM by BettyPicks

Ok thanks. Why the delay? I came in for ICO in 2016
David_Plutus

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2019, 12:31:06 PM

Ok thanks. Why the delay? I came in for ICO in 2016

As you may already know, Plutus had a functional Plutus Debit Card which had to be cancelled due to third party issues out of our control.

With that in mind, we've made incredible progress since then and we are on the verge of releasing Plutus 2.0 to the public. However, many of the decisions which have led us here have relied on third parties which can impact the timeframe of our development.

Right now, we're in great standing and are super excited to share everything we've developed so far with yourself and the wider community!
BettyPicks

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 02:25:09 PM

Thank you for clarifying that. Just checked out the website, excited to see what I can use my crowdsale PLU for - love to travel so air miles is good with me
David_Plutus

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2019, 08:12:40 AM

Thank you for clarifying that. Just checked out the website, excited to see what I can use my crowdsale PLU for - love to travel so air miles is good with me

No problem - always happy to help! We'd love to hear some feedback from our community regarding what other use cases they would like to see for PLU, including rewards etc. Let me know if you think of anything   Cheesy
Decentralites

Activity: 24

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 02:17:02 PM

Hi! Where can I view your fees? I'm trying to compare the Plutus card to Coinbases new card.
David_Plutus

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2019, 03:22:30 PM

Hi! Where can I view your fees? I'm trying to compare the Plutus card to Coinbases new card.

Hey there, Decentralites! Unfortunately, our fee schedule hasn't been published yet. However, I have it on good authority that the full range of Plutus services will be rolled out in a matter of weeks (rather than months), however some third party decisions may impact this.

As well as this, Plutus is dedicated to becoming a market leader in the industry and as such we will be offering a very competitive fee schedule and business structure.

Join us on social media to keep up to date with the latest Plutus news. If it takes your fancy, you can join the conversation with our community here on Discord, too!
vanchain

Activity: 104

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 03:28:19 PM

is the plutus like pluto?
David_Plutus

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2019, 03:32:06 PM

is the plutus like pluto?

Hey Vanchain - good to see you on our thread  Cheesy

Plutus is a non-custodial finance application that incorporates digital currencies. It allows users to…

1. Access and manage their fiat

2. Access and manage their crypto from the same interface

3. Freely and securely exchange between the two asset types

4. Spend anywhere via an upcoming Plutus Card

5. Earn blockchain-based tokens in the process

Pluton (PLU) is our native reward currency which users receive in return for using our services.
Decentralites

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 08:51:57 AM

Ok, I'll wait until you release your fees. Hopefully soon!
David_Plutus

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2019, 10:36:53 AM

Ok, I'll wait until you release your fees. Hopefully soon!

Looking forward to having you be a part of our community, Decentralites. Let me know if you have any further questions!  Cheesy
67semih

Activity: 630
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2019, 10:48:07 AM

Normally Plutus is a great idea. But you know there are some similar projects. I think you should make some advertisment for your project. So people can choose Plutus.
David_Plutus

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2019, 10:55:23 AM

Normally Plutus is a great idea. But you know there are some similar projects. I think you should make some advertisment for your project. So people can choose Plutus.

Hey 67semih - thanks for your feedback, it all helps to allow Plutus to go from strength to strength.

The marketing team have got a number of initiatives that they're going to be rolling out over the next few months - some of which will be timed in order to occur simultaneously with the rollout of Plutus 2.0.

As well as this, we'll be pushing out a neat community engagement initiative through the Discord channel sometime this week, in order to encourage community engagement and reward those who are the most active throughout our community.

I understand the product needs to be marketed, but we need to time this well. I'm fully confident the marketing team are going to do an awesome job. Exciting times for Plutus.

What do you think is the most important way for Plutus to get the word out? Google ads? Social media ads? Coinmarketcap headers etc? Or a more community based approach? Interested to hear everyone's opinions  Grin
Decentralites

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 12:28:40 PM

The best way would to be release the card and let the fees and benefits do the talking
David_Plutus

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2019, 01:24:32 PM

The best way would to be release the card and let the fees and benefits do the talking

Agreed, Decentralites - Plutus is determined to be a competitive, more secure, all around better alternative to some of the other major crypto related cards out there.

Along with this though, the marketing plan is well in place and you will all start seeing movements very soon  Cool
Doulon

Activity: 58

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 10:07:36 PM

I think the best marketing is to get PLU listed at a proper exchange. It is all about visibility.
David_Plutus

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2019, 08:13:24 AM

I think the best marketing is to get PLU listed at a proper exchange. It is all about visibility.

Morning Doulon - agreed that visibility is key to encouraging user growth at Plutus. As you may already know, with Plutus 2.0 will come a revamped version of the PlutusDEX, for which the team have developed a number of liquidity solutions.

You can find the team's stance on top tier exchanges here:

https://medium.com/plutus-it/plutus-weekly-report-september-11th-2018-9d92e51d1a71

Any other questions, feedback, or suggestions - just let me know   Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »
  Print  

Jump to: