Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:32:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34]
  Print  
Author Topic: NEver keep all your coins on an exchange  (Read 25715 times)
Skarner21

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Massive price drop coming...

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2016, 07:45:25 PM

Exchange wallets are only temporary wallets and most of them have only basic capabilities. On the other side if a trader has only a small amount of coins there is no reason transfer to wallet and vice versa because all of his profit will go to miners. But if he invests a respectable amount then he must keep safe his investment.
I think they are talking about for safety of their funds in exchange site and it is risky to stay our coin long in one exchange site better to spreading it because every year we are hearing about a news that there is exchange site was hack or down that affect almost all investors and even the price of bitcoin..
For me traders will stay kep there funds in exchange site in the wise way they are spreading it.. because they know what will happen if exchange site will hack..  it is not safe and risky but they are still keep their coins there because if there is a trend coin they can not buy instantly.. this is only for minute or daily traders. unlike for long term investment. .

Make crypto as your bank.
FLoving

Activity: 1022
Merit: 521

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 07:59:07 PM

Exchange wallets are only temporary wallets and most of them have only basic capabilities. On the other side if a trader has only a small amount of coins there is no reason transfer to wallet and vice versa because all of his profit will go to miners. But if he invests a respectable amount then he must keep safe his investment.

Exactly. Exchangers wallet are not ment to be permanent wallets for keeping coins like in storage. Usualy you fund them with the amount you want to exchange and trade but you don't store your Bitcoins there. They are very often target of hackers so you can easily lose your Bitcoins. Be aware.
It is right that exchange wallets are not for permanent storage but those people who are permanent and high capacity traders always keep a good amount in these exchanges in order to keep continue their trade as they have to trade daily for longer time so they cannot withdraw and deposit their funds each time when they have to trade.
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 11:01:04 AM

Yess its the nice thing you told us but people understanding and doing wrong things again and again.
even they got the bad experience about it then also wrong decisions have been taken, in future never keep all your coins on exchange.
Yes, that's right. We can talk for a long time how it's dangerouse to keep all your coins on an exchanger and to use public Wi-Fi working with your online wallets, exchangers and e-banking. But every time will be some group of people who will be hacked and who's money will be stolen.
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 04:10:46 PM

Gox
Cryptsy..

If you have most of your coins in Bitfinex.. there will be little mercy when they disappear.

Surely there could not be that many people storing most of their wealth on an exchange after all that has happened in the last few years.  although the height of human stupidity still amazes me.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 04:54:52 PM

People often remember MtGox, Cryptsy and the recent Bitfinex fiasco as exchange failures wher people lose coins, but they always forget to mention the Mintpal disaster. I lost coins in Mintpal and so did a lot of other people. Luckly I only lost a few random altcoins, I think it was FLT or something, some feathercoins, some worldcoins... not much in BTC, but there was a guy that lost thousands of dollars in Quark. It was a big blow for altcoin holders.
Mastsetad

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 05:16:09 PM

People often remember MtGox, Cryptsy and the recent Bitfinex fiasco as exchange failures wher people lose coins, but they always forget to mention the Mintpal disaster. I lost coins in Mintpal and so did a lot of other people. Luckly I only lost a few random altcoins, I think it was FLT or something, some feathercoins, some worldcoins... not much in BTC, but there was a guy that lost thousands of dollars in Quark. It was a big blow for altcoin holders.

Such things happen for sure, because it is internet, though bitcoin itself is not hackable but if you are keeping them somewhere which is not completely safe as much as your wallet is then you are doing a big mistake, because you are under risk in that situation.
MFahad

Activity: 2478
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2016, 06:32:16 PM

Gox
Cryptsy..

If you have most of your coins in Bitfinex.. there will be little mercy when they disappear.

Surely there could not be that many people storing most of their wealth on an exchange after all that has happened in the last few years.  although the height of human stupidity still amazes me.

It is sad to see the same mistakes are been repeated. But there are some whales who deposit some funds to trade and if they deposited it at the wrong exchange and at the wrong time, then what can we say? FATE!

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 06:56:50 PM

Gox
Cryptsy..

Bitcoin and cryptocurrency is just eight years with us and every process as we know, takes some getting used to. So far, most bitcoiners are well aware that an exchange, is never to be confused for a bank. Moreover, there are now history, one can fall back on, to decipher a thing or two about an exchange about to sink and make good one's escape.

Like when an exchange starts to quote rates that are totally out of range from those of other exchanges, that is when to gather all one got and take to one's heels.
manbitcoinlover

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 07:56:14 PM

You should listen to the title of this thread, it is correct 100 percent. The best thing to do is to find a trustworthy exchange and make quick transactions in my opinion unless, you are aware when bitcoin will drop or rise. The thing is, bitcoin is so unpredictable so you can lose/gain money depending on what time of day you exchange.

Looking for Signature Campaign, PM ME!
lakisis

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 08:09:21 PM

yeah i never keep my all coin on an exchange because i like too save my bitcoins in different exchange and i think if you keep your all bitcoin in an exchange then you should face too many problem like as hacking problem or other etc .
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34]
  Print  

Jump to: