Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:05:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What Do You Think About ARDOR/NXT 2.0?
Yes, give me Ardor - 71 (61.2%)
No, no Ardor please - 8 (6.9%)
What? - 17 (14.7%)
NXT 2.0 Nice Scam - 20 (17.2%)
Total Voters: 116

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ARDOR NXT  (Read 8044 times)
From Above (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 08:58:17 PM

"The Nxt core dev team is letting anyone get into the blockchain space with a new child chain platform, Ardor, which will incorporate the technologies proven for years by the Nxt 1.0 cryptocurrency and blockchain. Soon, anyone will be able to create their own solutions using the blockchain technology with the Ardor child chains."

What Do You Think About ARDOR / NXT2.0? Are you looking forward to it? Do you want to have it? Or are you just like what?

~CfA~

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2016, 10:28:56 AM

Between you and CfB, who is the evil guy?

From Above (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 12:23:02 PM

Between you and CfB, who is the evil guy?

hello

CFA and CFB r not related.

CFB is genuine oldschool hacker innovator

CFA is professional retired gardener

Both r independent.

PS  Back to topic, votes looking good.

~CfA~

Alondre

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

Quiero mi bocadillo

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 03:00:44 PM

Ardor in Forbes

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rogeraitken/2016/06/21/nxt-crypto-blockchain-team-prepares-ardor-scalable-child-chain-platform/#32e4edc3349b

```
Join the XEL revolution!  XEL - Decentralized Grid-computing
XEL WEBSITE | ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | XEL DISCORD | XEL WIKI
```
thrax

Activity: 253
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 04:05:06 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2016, 04:46:34 PM by thrax

It would be simpler to understand if you said buy some nxt, hold them, and you get some free Ardor coins. Explain how anyone holding nxt in his wallet during the following three months gets a share of the new Ardor coin proportional to the number of nxt he holds.

Saying "the Nxt core dev team is letting anyone get into the blockchain space with a new child chain platform, Ardor" is too technical to understand.

I have bought some nxt and want my free Ardor coins, and the nxt price chart shows others are buying nxt to get their share of the free Ardor coins.

I think Ardor is a good idea but it could be promoted better with simpler explanations of how to get free Ardor coins.
marenkar

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 05:12:09 PM

It would be simpler to understand if you said buy some nxt, hold them, and you get some free Ardor coins. Explain how anyone holding nxt in his wallet during the following three months gets a share of the new Ardor coin proportional to the number of nxt he holds.

Saying "the Nxt core dev team is letting anyone get into the blockchain space with a new child chain platform, Ardor" is too technical to understand.

I have bought some nxt and want my free Ardor coins, and the nxt price chart shows others are buying nxt to get their share of the free Ardor coins.

I think Ardor is a good idea but it could be promoted better with simpler explanations of how to get free Ardor coins.

Thanks for the feedback! We had to make some concessions with what we were saying as we didn't want things to be too technical and at the same time too simplified. We'll be making announcements catered to the crypto community and the mainstream media separately moving forward. What we meant by that statement is that anyone can create their own chain and use blockchain technology.

There's another aspect of it though, which is what makes it a bit complicated, but we're working on simplifying this information as well. In addition to getting Ardor tokens, the total amount of NXT one has will determine how many tokens in the dedicated child chain they will get (tentatively named "FNX"). For every 1 NXT users have, they'll get 0.5 FNX.

Thanks for acquiring NXT! By getting NXT you've joined our community - welcome! Feel free to join us on our forum - nxtforum.org Smiley
BitcoinForumator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 06:54:52 PM

Great features but I doubt it will gain any traction.
Marc De Mesel

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

The Best Investment Deserves The Largest Exposure

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 08:49:46 PM

Wow, impressed guys! Smiley Great job!

Early Bitcoin, Byteball & Bitcoin Cash Investor. Loving Voluntarysm, Lambos & Girls Wink
Check out my: https://youtube.com/user/Marcdemesel - https://twitter.com/marcdemesel & https://instagram.com/marc_de_mesel
TravelsAsia

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 09:22:25 PM

This is good, I hope to see more in the upcoming weeks.
futuraprocessa

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 10:58:23 PM

Definitely looking forward to Ardor. I'm biased.
HCLivess
Legendary

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2016, 07:56:07 AM

Why would that be? Everything is gaining traction these days, justified or not

TravelsAsia

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 10:28:18 AM

For all the people that complain about ICOs, I'm surprised they are not coming aboard yet.
HCLivess
Legendary

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2016, 11:34:01 AM

For all the people that complain about ICOs, I'm surprised they are not coming aboard yet.

I wish some legends come and roast it so some debate ensues

From Above (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 12:58:28 PM

Most ppl voted they want ARDOR. I suppose this voters r ppl that already have Nxt

To all ppl who dont have NXT, do u want the ARDOR too?

~CfA~

ashapasa

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 02:28:19 PM

People did not like the distribution of NXT and it was a major concern, now ARDOR is to be obtained by using NXT, how does this solve the distribution issue?  NXT whales will get a major chunk of ARDOR right? BTW I like nxt, bought some more after the announcement of ARDOR but am curious about this issue.
HCLivess
Legendary

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 07:18:08 AM

People did not like the distribution of NXT and it was a major concern, now ARDOR is to be obtained by using NXT, how does this solve the distribution issue?  NXT whales will get a major chunk of ARDOR right? BTW I like nxt, bought some more after the announcement of ARDOR but am curious about this issue.

History shows that with proper advertising, no distribution issue is an issue. Yes, it is sad, but that's how markets work, through hypnosis.
Also, NXT had 2.5 years to redistribute, it is much better than any ICO (which did not introduce mining)

ashapasa

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 08:31:58 AM

HCLLivess thanks for your reply, I heard the nxt developer is a talented and innovative coder called Jean Claude something well known in the Bitcoin community is that so? Also how different will ardor be from nxt ethereum and other second generation coins. Is ardor just in the planning phase or has work started? How many coins/tokens will be their as a cap or will it be unlimited?

Final question: why do we need ardor when we have nxt, is it to just raise funds or will ardor be significantly better than nxt?

Will appreciate your answers to my question.
freshman777

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 09:07:11 AM

Final question: why do we need ardor when we have nxt, is it to just raise funds or will ardor be significantly better than nxt?

Ardor is a platform of blockchains. The practical transactional throughput in Nxt 1.0 and Bitcoin is 3 tx/s.
The aim is to scale it to much higher number and in the process create a diversity of blockchains with different features for entities (companies, communities) that wish to have their own blockchain but lack resources to secure it. The parent chain, ARDR token, will secure all the child chains. Funds are needed as in any project for the devs to work on the platform for the next years.

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 6235

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 01:46:15 AM

Not to forget: Ardor or Nxt 2.0 will fix a critical issue of the NXT monetary system: In the new "child chains", it will be possible to pay transaction fees in the child chain currency and not necessarily in NXT.

This problem was blocking a massive adoption of NXT's monetary system, as every user of a Monetary System currency had to pay fees in NXT and so was obliged to have a NXT account. This is a massive usability problem, above all for community currencies or game currencies that are targeted to "ordinary people" and not to experts or cryptocurrency nerds.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
TravelsAsia

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 12:02:25 PM

all for community currencies or game currencies that are targeted to "ordinary people" and not to experts or cryptocurrency nerds.

That's a major point I hope isn't overlooked by this community. I want JohnnySixpack to easily use this product in his next Clash of Clans type game.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: