Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:00:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT::status  (Read 2615 times)
Shrikez

Activity: 399
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 03:22:05 PM

The Ponzi grandmaster left? That could actually be a reason to buy some.

Die Würde des Menschen ist unantastbar
NattyLiteCoin

Activity: 912
Merit: 1021

If you don’t believe, why are you here?

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 03:24:31 PM

I know he's a c guy, but has some pretty incredible ideas. You can decompose a robust dectralized system and pass it along to Java devs for implementation. In any regard, I love NXT! It's a great model for what's trying to get accomplished, ICO or not.  I hope this push works out for the people that care!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
  25X FASTER THAN BITCOIN, LIGHTNING NETWORK & ATOMIC SWAPS  
  TWITTER          TELEGRAM          REDDIT          DISCORD          MEDIUM          LINKEDIN  
          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2016, 03:53:20 PM

Jl777 left nxt because the devs became dictators.

Now the devs want to leave too.
You are an idiot. Nobody gives a shit about that bitch
I hope you guys realize that nxt WILL dump once ardor snapshots are done. Then nxt has zero roadmap for the future and the devs leave nxt and  get a stealth ico for their new altcoin that uses some nxt code.

Rip nxt.
Idiot
jl777 was never a nxt developer.
He doesn't speak java, he only knows C.
He doesn't know shit

jl777 is good at promoting his ego though Cheesy

Thenoticer

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 06:12:26 PM

Nxt was originaly a platform for develpers to build on. However they refused to include backwards compatibility support for their api's. This def broke several nxt community projects.

Now nxt devs seek to take the tech to the "next" level. But inorder for this to happen the original nxt is being abandoned, yes?

Do the nxt devs have a plan to hand over original nxt development to someone else?

@newbie, do you have anything to say that is outside of your current vocab?

Jl777 left nxt because the devs became dictators.

Now the devs want to leave too.
You are an idiot. Nobody gives a shit about that bitch
I hope you guys realize that nxt WILL dump once ardor snapshots are done. Then nxt has zero roadmap for the future and the devs leave nxt and  get a stealth ico for their new altcoin that uses some nxt code.

Rip nxt.
Idiot
jl777 was never a nxt developer.
He doesn't speak java, he only knows C.
He doesn't know shit
Thenoticer

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 06:16:19 PM

can some one fill me in on how NXT is going, it seemed to be one of the best but the devs seem to be going to other projects, this is general impression i had ....

It also seemed to have so many features ....

did the initial distribution kill it?

Tldr

Nxt tech is evolving into a new altcoin called ardor. Nxt 1.0 tech is seemingly going to be abandonded.
Ardor is running a stealth ico if you're into that sort of thing.
rumpey

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 06:19:17 PM

can some one fill me in on how NXT is going, it seemed to be one of the best but the devs seem to be going to other projects, this is general impression i had ....

NXT is undergoing a renaissance ... it was beautiful, still is, and gets better by the day!

NXT tech is superior to nearly everything else, but yes, the distribution didn't fund development, and while it was 100% fair, it did create a LOT of jealousy, and was a nightmare for community to overcome.

The great thing with NXT 2.0 is all the good things remain, BUT the previous mistakes have been corrected!

There is over a billion Nxt for sale on Poloniex, but I can't find how many Nxt are for sale on btc38. Btc38 is the biggest Nxt exchange, and I would guess there must be 3x or 4x more Nxt for sale on it. The Poloniex Nxt for sale added to the btc38 Nxt for sale might be 30% to 50% of all existing Nxt.

Furthermore, there were $2,507,740 total traded Nxt traded yesterday. Although the Nxt distribution wasn't wide enough, this new NXT 2.0 Ardor distribution will certainly be wide enough. The whales from the Nxt distribution must have sold all their coins long ago if 50% of all Nxt are for sale on exchanges, and a further few percent are being traded every day.
Thenoticer

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 06:21:55 PM

NXT is undergoing a renaissance ... it was beautiful, still is, and gets better by the day!

NXT tech is superior to nearly everything else, but yes, the distribution didn't fund development, and while it was 100% fair, it did create a LOT of jealousy, and was a nightmare for community to overcome.

The great thing with NXT 2.0 is all the good things remain, BUT the previous mistakes have been corrected!

There is over a billion Nxt for sale on Poloniex, but I can't find how many Nxt are for sale on btc38. Btc38 is the biggest Nxt exchange, and I would guess there must be 3x or 4x more Nxt for sale on it. The Poloniex Nxt for sale added to the btc38 Nxt for sale might be 30% to 50% of all existing Nxt.

Furthermore, there were $2,507,740 total traded Nxt traded yesterday. Although the Nxt distribution wasn't wide enough, this new NXT 2.0 Ardor distribution will certainly be wide enough. The whales from the Nxt distribution must have sold all their coins long ago if 50% of all Nxt are for sale on exchanges, and a further few percent are being traded every day.

Interesting comment. So there are more nxt being sold then exist?
rumpey

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 06:43:24 PM

Interesting comment. So there are more nxt being sold then exist?

No, there are arguably up to 50% of Nxt for sale on Poloniex and btc38. Poloniex has 10% and btc39 must have more because it has 3 or 4 times the volume of Poloniex.

The $2,507,740 total traded today figure is from coinmarketcap. If you divide it by the price of one Nxt now ($ 0.017753) it works out to about 1.5% of all Nxt being traded per day, but it's probably more like 2% of all Nxt being traded per day because the price has gone up 50% in the last day.

Anyone can buy them, which makes the NXT 2.0 Ardor distribution fair and wide enough.
freshman777

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2016, 06:52:40 PM

There was one api call broken that jl777 admitted himself can be searched-replaced in his code in 15 minutes but he used this as an excuse and rage quit. Nxt is the most versatile platform on the market, code is evolving all the time. Changes are inevitable and devs do warn in advance and they did warn about that one api call in advance.
There are 999 million coins, 1 million was destroyed.
You should try a better quality fud, it is so uninformed and ignorant.

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
Thenoticer

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 07:04:50 PM

What Happens to nxt once ardor starts?

There was one api call broken that jl777 admitted himself can be searched-replaced in his code in 15 minutes but he used this as an excuse and rage quit. Nxt is the most versatile platform on the market, code is evolving all the time. Changes are inevitable and devs do warn in advance and they did warn about that one api call in advance.
There are 999 million coins, 1 million was destroyed.
You should try a better quality fud, it is so uninformed and ignorant.
freshman777

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2016, 07:11:15 PM

What Happens to nxt once ardor starts?

Devs pledge to support it up to Q3 2018, possibly longer if there is demand.
Market will decide what happens to it. Other devs can take over and develop Nxt 1.0 after 2018, it's an open source project.

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
TravelsAsia

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 07:21:56 PM

I hope you guys realize that nxt WILL dump once ardor snapshots are done. Then nxt has zero roadmap for the future and the devs leave nxt and  get a stealth ico for their new altcoin that uses some nxt code.

Rip nxt.

I'm trying to understand the logic, it doesn't seem to make much sense. Ardor is NXT 2.0.  NXT 1.x investors are getting the benefit of higher prices since it's the only way to get into Ardor (NXT 2.0) and the new chain is accumulating a user base without having to offer an ICO. Stealth my ass, the announcement is black and white WEEKS before the snapshots even begin.  Everyone wins. It's a little confusing upfront since you don't see projects taking this honest approach. Ardor could easily raise a lot in BTC with an ICO, the NXT community decided a different path.
Thenoticer

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 07:23:44 PM

Rip nxt.

I'm trying to understand the logic, it doesn't seem to make much sense. Ardor is NXT 2.0.  XT 1.x investors are getting the benefit of higher prices since it's the only way to get into Ardor (NXT 2.0) and the new chain is accumulating a user base without having to offer an ICO. Stealth my ass, the announcement is black and white WEEKS before the snapshots even begin.  Everyone wins. It's a little confusing upfront since you don't see projects taking this honest approach.

How would you describe it then?
TravelsAsia

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 07:25:21 PM

Rip nxt.

I'm trying to understand the logic, it doesn't seem to make much sense. Ardor is NXT 2.0.  XT 1.x investors are getting the benefit of higher prices since it's the only way to get into Ardor (NXT 2.0) and the new chain is accumulating a user base without having to offer an ICO. Stealth my ass, the announcement is black and white WEEKS before the snapshots even begin.  Everyone wins. It's a little confusing upfront since you don't see projects taking this honest approach.

How would I describe the project?  By investing in a proven technology that's NXT 1.x, you also get the benefit of getting an airdrop for NXT 2.0.  By saving your NXT 1.x coins in your wallet, you are rewarded by frequent snapshots taken which go toward your NXT 2.0 amount.
freshman777

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2016, 07:26:47 PM

I'll describe it as, you had a whole year to buy NXT under 0.01$, guess you missed the opportunity Smiley

Thenoticer

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 07:30:58 PM

Rip nxt.

It; as in, the new distribution of ardor tokens plus pre mine
Sebastien256

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 07:38:54 PM

Rip nxt.

No, after snapshot, there is still 50% of the first child chain token that will be distribute following your NXT holding exactly at 2.0 fork. Only then NXT 1.0 token will be less important.

Nxt official forum at: https://nxtforum.org/
ThomasVeil

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 07:47:54 PM

Ardor could easily raise a lot in BTC with an ICO, the NXT community decided a different path.

Overall it was a super smart decision to go that route. Everyone gets a bit out of this:
- Speculators can ride a pump.
- New users pay attention.
- Disillusioned whales get volume to sell into.
- Loyal hodlers get additional new coins.
- Distribution gets better.
- Developers get new funding.
- And since it's a new approach, nobody knows what will happen, and can't game it easily.

This might have negative sides we can't predict either (i.e. the long timeline might be tricky), but so far: Respect.
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 11:19:39 PM

That whole thing of -Nxt 2.0-,-Ardor-,etc   has Nxt returned to the headlines.
freshman777

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2016, 12:25:09 PM

~20 hours remain before hard fork at block 1,000,000, upgrade to Nxt wallet version 1.10.1 or higher.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: