Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 05:09:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why the price of Bitcoin change more than traditional currencies?  (Read 15528 times)
buharikx31

Activity: 830
Merit: 258

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 07:34:54 AM

Because bitcoin controlled by free market and people who invest money in to this system. Investors are people who bough this currency and make it cost more with that operation. Traditional currensies controled by goverments and try to stabalize the price of that currency, they are not intrested to risk on that because it can make really bad influence for there people, that's why our currencies always more stabalized by goverment

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  
WPPENERGY
World Power Production

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  

INQUIRE
━━━━━━━
LittleBitFunny

Activity: 1428
Merit: 129

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2017, 10:54:45 AM

Well beside the obvious fact of government control over currency, there's also the fact that Bitcoin's supply and demand can vary drastically.  Countries all have their own local currency which is seldom used anywhere else and therefore the value of the currency (usually) stays about the same because the use of it is the same - all of the people in the country.  Bitcoin, on the other hand, could freely be used by anyone in the world, in any amount for any time.

There's also the fact that Bitcoin is too small to be accepted by major retailers and online shops so most people see it less as a currency and more as an investment, and when there's no actual company running it or any physical assets backing it up (e.g. gold) it results in the value fluctuating, sometimes wildly.

But this isn't an inherent problem of Bitcoin, it's a current problem of Bitcoin and it will be fixed once Bitcoin has found its appropriate place in society.

Fiat currencies are not immune to volatility either - the difference is that Bitcoin's value broadly goes up over time, whereas fiat currencies usually go down over time, especially with those that hyperinflate - and this is a huge part of what makes Bitcoin great.

DomainMagnate

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2017, 11:00:44 AM

I noticed that the price of Bitcoin change much like all altcoins.
But the price of other traditional currencies like the euro, for example, are stable and do not change much.
It is the government that control their prices?
The availability of bitcoin is limited to 21 million while traditional currencies can be printed at will.
Also a large portion of bitcoin is in cold storage and some is lost for ever.This creates huge gap between demand and supply.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 11:20:28 AM

traditional currencies are controlled by governments. When there is a fall in traditional currency price, governments take immediate steps to restore its value.So there is no big difference in it price.But, Bitcoin is a decentralized currency not controlled by any one.Its price increases when there is an increase in demand and its price decreases when the demand decreases.So, Bitcoin price changes more and frequently than other currencies.

Traditional currencies has a large amount of number in circulations and it will reach about trillions in counting. Aside from that local currencies is only limited to their country as it can never be accepted on the other country. Bitcoin on the other hand is only 21 million in circulation and is serving all countries all over the world and that means that bitcoin has more demand and with the limited supply its value will surely increase a lot compared to traditional currencies.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 01:46:38 PM

Bitcoin price is very volatile is because of the news and updates that can affect a lot the price. I also think why bitcoin price change a lot is because of its being limited and the demand of the people around the world, if an asset has a limited supply with a lot of demand then it can surely change more than traditional currencies which have a unlimited supply.
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 01:56:35 PM

.... I also think why bitcoin price change a lot is because of its being limited and the demand of the people around the world, if an asset has a limited supply with a lot of demand then it can surely change more than traditional currencies which have a unlimited supply.

Bitcoin is unique currency I've ever know so bitcoin value also move in unique in different way and time.
Nobody can expect the value of bitcoin exactly but as long as you keep holding bitcoin , I'm sure bitcoin will keep exist and the value keep increase exponentially for time to time

Smiley
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2017, 06:15:56 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2017, 06:45:03 PM by deisik

traditional currencies are controlled by governments. When there is a fall in traditional currency price, governments take immediate steps to restore its value.So there is no big difference in it price.But, Bitcoin is a decentralized currency not controlled by any one.Its price increases when there is an increase in demand and its price decreases when the demand decreases.So, Bitcoin price changes more and frequently than other currencies

This is not always the case

In fact, many governments do quite the contrary, i.e. intentionally devalue their national currencies. Artificially keeping the exchange rate at certain levels can be expensive and ultimately counterproductive, especially if the local economy is not quite on par with the economy of a country against which currency the government is pegging a local currency. For example, Saudi Arabia has pegged its currency to the US dollar but it may cost them dear, and more so if oil prices continue to remain where they are now or even go lower

megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 06:34:10 PM

I don't think it fluctuates more than some fiat currencies because this volatility has been there from day one just like my local fiat which has such high fluctuations too. This has been on going for the past 8 months after the halving. The reason behind bitcoins volatility has to do with people's growing interest and the panic sellers. Those two seem to be occurring every now and then so it keeps taking all of us for a roller coaster ride.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 09:38:41 PM

Bitcoin change more often than traditional currencies because it is not completely the same like fiat because bitcoin is a kind of currency but more on asset or stock so it means that it is available in the market and people can play with it. Another reason i think bitcoin change more often because of its limited supply which affects the market price a lot.
People play/trade with Fiat Currency too (Forex Exchange) they are also active movers like stock and or any other commodities that can be traded. One main reason that Bitcoin change more often than any Fiat currency is that it is controlled by many people who hoard it, they can decide whether to hold or perform a massive shorting which results into a more volatile currency. There is no government involve but people who have lots of money who can buy and sell a lot anytime.
This is also a factor while there are people with a lot of fiat, the whales have so much bitcoin in terms of percentage that they have an enormous influence on the price, also since no country prints bitcoin then there is no entity trying to stabilize the price of bitcoin.
geopolisch

Activity: 1022
Merit: 511

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 06:50:22 AM

I don't think it fluctuates more than some fiat currencies because this volatility has been there from day one just like my local fiat which has such high fluctuations too. This has been on going for the past 8 months after the halving. The reason behind bitcoins volatility has to do with people's growing interest and the panic sellers. Those two seem to be occurring every now and then so it keeps taking all of us for a roller coaster ride.
But panic selling would bring the price down, isn't it ?
I mean the more orders getting filled at cheaper price would mean less orders at a higher price and hence a low overall price of bitcoins.

Growing community hasn't played all that big part in the rise and change of price because you see the price almost doubled up and the community hasn't even grown 25% in this much time as compared to original community. Maybe there are some big investors in bitcoins that have caused such a rise ?
dimonchik13

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 07:38:20 AM

But panic selling would bring the price down, isn't it ?
I mean the more orders getting filled at cheaper price would mean less orders at a higher price and hence a low overall price of bitcoins.

Growing community hasn't played all that big part in the rise and change of price because you see the price almost doubled up and the community hasn't even grown 25% in this much time as compared to original community. Maybe there are some big investors in bitcoins that have caused such a rise ?
You are quite right said. Such manipulation of the bitcoin courses are held group of users who have a large number of bitcoin and they especially do bitcoin price fluctuations on the market, then to be able to earn on the difference in price.
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 09:15:13 AM

Bitcoin price is very volatile is because of the news and updates that can affect a lot the price. I also think why bitcoin price change a lot is because of its being limited and the demand of the people around the world, if an asset has a limited supply with a lot of demand then it can surely change more than traditional currencies which have a unlimited supply.
Yes, more and more people are starting with bitcoins and those who are already using bitcoins would quit it that is one of the main reasons behind the growing and the change in price is mainly occurring because there are people who sell and buy bitcoins all the time resulting in a fluctuation of price every second.
PokerFace3

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 03:12:57 PM

traditional currencies are controlled by governments. When there is a fall in traditional currency price, governments take immediate steps to restore its value.So there is no big difference in it price.But, Bitcoin is a decentralized currency not controlled by any one.Its price increases when there is an increase in demand and its price decreases when the demand decreases.So, Bitcoin price changes more and frequently than other currencies.
I would correct you a bit, though I agree on the later part, bitcoins is not a currency rather its an asset that is so popular that we tend to believe that its a currency.

And being the ability of bitcoins like transparency and ease of use there are most of the stores that are looking forward to accept it, though I think big stores like amazon would never accept bitcoins because then government would ban such companies in their country.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 04:27:23 PM

The reasons are quite many in which in that same vein appeals differently to people in my own case I think its largely due to the fact that its limited in supply compared to the population going after it. For example it becoming increasingly difficult to mine just one bitcoin compared to the total amount of people in the world trying to get one. That is enough reason for it to increase at a rate more than other currencies.
South Park

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 06:53:11 PM

This is correct, since bitcoin is not controlled by anyone then the only thing that determines its price is supply and demand but in fiat, the governments will take actions to make this changes in price smoother by trying to print more of their own currency or by selling some of their reserves.
Xianantung

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 01:21:11 PM

This is correct, since bitcoin is not controlled by anyone then the only thing that determines its price is supply and demand but in fiat, the governments will take actions to make this changes in price smoother by trying to print more of their own currency or by selling some of their reserves.

I think the market cap of the bitcoin is still too small. Any rich orgainsation can manipulate the price.
virusasog

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 06:05:32 PM

I noticed that the price of Bitcoin change much like all altcoins.
But the price of other traditional currencies like the euro, for example, are stable and do not change much.
It is the government that control their prices?
They have certain principles are assign in tha traditional currencies. It is based on our country sensex. But Bitcoin not a government control. It like varies only in the supply and demand of the Bitcoin. Bitcoin are increasing gradually and continuously.
hurain

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 06:54:00 PM

i do not think that there can such a big fluctuation in any fiat currency, i think the reason for such a big fluctuation can only be because of the adoption of bitcoin by the people. the number of bitcoin users are increasing which is causing the increasing demand and so the price of bitcoin also increase too much.
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 10:42:13 PM

Yes, more and more people are starting with bitcoins and those who are already using bitcoins would quit it that is one of the main reasons behind the growing and the change in price is mainly occurring because there are people who sell and buy bitcoins all the time resulting in a fluctuation of price every second.
lol i don't think so , things causing the bitcoin price keep moving in volatile are due the bitcoin growth itself , when there is an issue makes some bitcoin holder in fear and then that time the potential bitcoin price to get dropped are high . and so on when there is an issue could make the demand increased the price bounce back and there's no pattern to know the market charts movement.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
South Park

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 10:50:33 PM

I think the market cap of the bitcoin is still too small. Any rich orgainsation can manipulate the price.
The market cap of bitcoin is bigger than many of the fiats in the world, but I get your point, unfortunately the only way that can change is with an increase in adoption from the average people, remember that bitcoin is still relatively new, so the market cap should increase as time goes on.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: