Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:19:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT and Ardor in Forbes again  (Read 1263 times)
HCLivess (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2016, 10:42:34 AM

The core development team behind advanced blockchain platform Nxt that builds on and extends the basic functionality of the first wave of pioneering crypto-currencies has announced “broadening access” to the blockchain space with a new ‘child-chain’ platform, Ardor. It will enable users to create their own blockchain technology with Ardor child chains based on technologies built on the Nxt 1.0 crypto currency and the blockchain.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rogeraitken/2016/06/21/nxt-crypto-blockchain-team-prepares-ardor-scalable-child-chain-platform/#5a72397a349b

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tacata

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2016, 03:09:49 AM

The core development team behind advanced blockchain platform Nxt that builds on and extends the basic functionality of the first wave of pioneering crypto-currencies has announced “broadening access” to the blockchain space with a new ‘child-chain’ platform, Ardor. It will enable users to create their own blockchain technology with Ardor child chains based on technologies built on the Nxt 1.0 crypto currency and the blockchain.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rogeraitken/2016/06/21/nxt-crypto-blockchain-team-prepares-ardor-scalable-child-chain-platform/#5a72397a349b

Up
habraken

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 03:30:41 PM

Well, it caused quite a NXT pump these 24h Cheesy
partysaurus

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 03:38:06 PM

indeed, to bad i dont know people working at some paper that can bump the coins i hold lol Smiley
bonipper

Activity: 246

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 04:26:41 PM

indeed, to bad i dont know people working at some paper that can bump the coins i hold lol Smiley

It's not only Forbes that published stories about Nxt holders getting Ardor coin. Cointelegraph among others published the same story. The price rise has barely started yet, and it's not because Forbes published a story about Ardor coin. The price rise is because anyone who wants Ardor coin must hold  Nxt.

http://cointelegraph.com/news/ardor-new-competitor-to-ethereum-arises-amidst-reports-of-the-dao-attack

Enjorlas

Activity: 788
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 06:18:51 PM

As soon as word gets out about ardor coin and nxt, it's going to blow up. Perhaps dethroning Ripple for the number 3 currency.
TravelsAsia

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 07:26:28 PM

It's not only Forbes that published stories about Nxt holders getting Ardor coin. Cointelegraph among others published the same story. The price rise has barely started yet, and it's not because Forbes published a story about Ardor coin. The price rise is because anyone who wants Ardor coin must hold  Nxt.

http://cointelegraph.com/news/ardor-new-competitor-to-ethereum-arises-amidst-reports-of-the-dao-attack

I'm not the least bit surprised. Has anyone contacted CoinReport or any of the small crypto publications?
box0211

Activity: 165
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 04:23:34 AM

How does Ardor differ from Ethereum?
VERUMinNUMERIS

Activity: 409
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 09:10:00 AM

I can feel a massive pump coming with this NXT/Ardor deal. 
habraken

Activity: 251

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 09:28:46 AM

Totally different beasts.
As I understand, Ardor is a new 'master blockchain' that handles all the security of underlying child-blockchains. That way the child-blockchains can be pruned easily and stay small and fast. Apart from securing the child-chains Ardor won't have a lot of functionality itself. The features (compared to present NXT-blockchain: asset exchange, voting, messaging etc) will all be in the various (white-label?) childchains.
The comparison with Ethereum is that Ethereum tries to do smart contracts, where the Ardor child-chains do smart (phased) transactions, which is a lot easier (and thus more secure).
Alondre

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

Quiero mi bocadillo

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 10:02:06 AM

As I understand, Ardor is a new 'master blockchain' that handles all the security of underlying child-blockchains. That way the child-blockchains can be pruned easily and stay small and fast. Apart from securing the child-chains Ardor won't have a lot of functionality itself. The features (compared to present NXT-blockchain: asset exchange, voting, messaging etc) will all be in the various (white-label?) childchains.
The comparison with Ethereum is that Ethereum tries to do smart contracts, where the Ardor child-chains do smart (phased) transactions, which is a lot easier (and thus more secure).

Ardor is easier and best thing than eth

```
Join the XEL revolution!  XEL - Decentralized Grid-computing
XEL WEBSITE | ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | XEL DISCORD | XEL WIKI
```
farl4web
Legendary

Activity: 1205

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 10:02:25 AM

I can feel a massive pump coming with this NXT/Ardor deal.  

You are? I thought today people will dump a bit to make some money. 2000-2200 sat will be the next baseline IMO. The overall trend for next weeks will be up indeed.  Smiley

Ardor is easier and best thing than eth

Nxt is one of the easiest around.
TravelsAsia

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 09:58:11 PM

Thank you for that explanation. I hope the development team does a full write up on the differences. There's already the Ethereum/Lisk/Rise side of the scene, a well thought out comparison on how NXT solves some of their issues would be beneficial.
farl4web
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 05:28:16 PM

Snapshots for Ardor started! Happy Ardor!!

Hold until 12 October to get free ARDR!  Smiley
farl4web
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 09:52:58 AM

Check out the presentation from last week from Lior Yaffe (username Riker).
He's one of the core developers of Nxt/Ardor and he talks about the future.

https://youtu.be/soHe4UMyCCk

Slides: https://bitcoil.co.il/files/Advanced.Concepts.in.Blockchain.Design.pptx and http://prezi.com/x8jyard5-h51/

Filmed during Israel Bitcoin Meetup in Tel Aviv on 27 July 2016
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 01:42:17 PM

MAN the shills are out in full force for nxt/ardor...WOW.

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 02:48:29 PM

says $SWIFT!?

with all respect.  (i like WBB's direction)
but that BLOCK/XC/XST/etc. was suppose to challenge NXT in the 2.0 arena Wink

NXT might be disorganized, but at least they are in the game, and reorganizing to to compete at the NXT level (see the steem stuf).

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 07:41:05 PM

I almost gave up Nxt early 2016 after I hold the coin since the release in 2013. Now, I am really happy I hodled all my coins since then. The development news and the media coverage make me very positive for the coin over the next months. I hope the devs will deliver all they promised. If so, Nxt will become one of the top 5 coins.
san2ok

Activity: 638
Merit: 254

Supporter of DGB, XEM

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:59:08 PM

I almost gave up Nxt early 2016 after I hold the coin since the release in 2013. Now, I am really happy I hodled all my coins since then. The development news and the media coverage make me very positive for the coin over the next months. I hope the devs will deliver all they promised. If so, Nxt will become one of the top 5 coins.

Please support next project of ARDOR

here are one of the upcoming new child-chain for ARDOR

lets make ARDOR become next Ethereum
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: