Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:58:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Interest - Titan One Gold 1BTC ANACS PF67 DCAM - Graded by Titan before purchase  (Read 553 times)
Zepher (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 603

Electricity is really just organized lightning

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 06:48:28 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2016, 02:30:28 PM by Zepher

Hi guys

In mid 2014 I purchased several physical bitcoins from TitanBTC, all of which I'm extremely happy with. One of these would appear to be quite rare. I was in contact with Tim Fillmore from Titan through our respective Bitcointalk handles in 2014 and was able to purchase 1 of 7 Titan One BTC Gold 1oz Coins that he'd had graded by ANACS. All of these apparently graded PF67 DCAM according to Tim at the time. I grabbed one whilst I had the opportunity. I still have all copies of messages between him and myself to verify this. I'm unsure of TitanBTC's presence on the forums nowadays but I'm sure he'd verify all of this with information I could provide him.

This coin is a beauty, and is one of the prizes in my collection. I would understand a decent amount of buyers would get their coin graded by ANACS after purchase, but how many have one that was graded by the original mint? I also think this is another case of ANACS under-grading coins as imo this coin is flawless and if was sent for regrading would achieve a higher score. Pictures can and will of course be provided to serious parties. I am a little out of date with how things work around here nowadays so please advise on how best to do provide pictures, publicly or not - thanks. I would like to see what current offers would be for an item such as this. Serious offers in BTC only. Escrow is a must through a trusted member like Blazed, with the prospective buyer paying the fee. Insured shipping within UK is £15 in BTC @ market rates on agreement of purchase. For other countries please ask so I can obtain a quote. I will only ship to a country that is safe to do so. I do not accept any responsibility for customs and import fees, you need to check this yourself. Any questions please ask.

Cheers

Edit: I also have several other physical bitcoins including a Alitin Mint Adam Smith 2013 2BTC Coin Number 128 in slab with case and all documentation, an ungraded Casascius 2013 Silver with Gold Trim 1BTC Version 2 - 1Ag5xxxx in beautiful condition, would grade MS67 or higher. Also a Casascius 2013 Brass 1BTC Series 2 ungraded in well handled condition, this occurred before I acquired it. Please note all coins are fully funded.

My only payment address: 1ZephertJThxkHih7XcaUHBkMSnvkTt5u

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coin@coin
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 07:06:23 PM

About your Titan coin is it:

A 2FA one or

Private Key one?

I'm asking this because I personally would feel more comfortable with the Private Key ones. The 2FA versions rely on the Titan Website to be up forever even if they shut down.
Zepher (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 07:18:55 PM

This is a Private Key Version. I felt exactly the same way upon purchase of my coins from them and chose the Private Key option for all of them.

Little help please Smiley How do I upload pictures on this thread?

Zepher (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 07:55:06 PM

Links to pictures:

https://m.imgur.com/6pFKuHj
https://m.imgur.com/Nrul0I0

owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 08:20:56 PM

Links to pictures:

Very nice! Smiley

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Zepher (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 08:34:48 PM

Very nice! Smiley

Thanks Smiley and appreciate you displaying the images for me Smiley

miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 08:48:10 PM

What is a ballpark estimate on the coin?  Smiley There hasn't been a recent sale of this coin here recently afaik, so an estimate would help your prospective buyers.

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
Zepher (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 09:01:14 PM

What is a ballpark estimate on the coin?  Smiley There hasn't been a recent sale of this coin here recently afaik, so an estimate would help your prospective buyers.

Now that is a very good question indeed  Grin I honestly don't know what kind of premium this coin should command, so I will give all serious offers serious thought. I'm hoping this would be a coin that's missing for a lot of collectors, only 7 exist from the batch that Titan sent to ANACS before being sold to the lucky few who were able to get them. On the Titan COA this is Coin Number 38.

Hellot

Activity: 679
Merit: 526

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 09:28:21 PM

These are apparently still available from TitanBTC for $2295 https://www.titanbtc.com/product/titan-one-gold/

Have they failed to update their page?  If not, that's you baseline for price.
Zepher (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 10:41:04 PM

These are apparently still available from TitanBTC for $2295 https://www.titanbtc.com/product/titan-one-gold/

Have they failed to update their page?  If not, that's you baseline for price.

As far as I can tell, that price has been the same since I purchased this, and I don't know if these really are still available and at what price as most other coins are sold out. I will endeavour to find out.  If these are genuinely still for sale this is going back in the safe to bring out again in a few years. As stated this has rarity because of its' circumstances, and is one of the earliest funded Titan Bitcoins, 1st September 2014.

Hellot

Activity: 679
Merit: 526

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 11:27:01 PM

As far as I can tell, that price has been the same since I purchased this, and I don't know if these really are still available and at what price as most other coins are sold out. I will endeavour to find out.  If these are genuinely still for sale this is going back in the safe to bring out again in a few years. As stated this has rarity because of its' circumstances, and is one of the earliest funded Titan Bitcoins, 1st September 2014.

I have an earlier number than you and am also interested if they are still selling them for that price.  I kind of doubt it but I would expect them to update their page if that was the case. 
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 11:36:32 PM

I have an earlier number than you and am also interested if they are still selling them for that price.  I kind of doubt it but I would expect them to update their page if that was the case. 

it appears as if the site is still active but I don't know if you can actually buy.

domain info is here. I'd recommend emailing the contact directly about the status. Interesting coins, never heard of these till now, thanks guys! Cheesy

http://whois.domaintools.com/titanbtc.com

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
bithalo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 12:33:23 AM

I would PM his user account "TitanBTC".  I spoke to Tim last week, so he is around.

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: