Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 06:20:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin less evil than PayPal?  (Read 5283 times)
shursight

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 07:47:03 PM

Bitcoin is more "neutral" than PayPal.. but there is only one thing that i have to say about paypal.. is that bitcoin probably has more fees than pp right now.
Last week i sent a paypal payment of $5 and i only payed $0.40 of fees, and also i sent a payment of $7 worth of bitcoins and i had to pay $6 of fees.
so we now have even more fees than paypal.. but obviously it is more faster and better, i will choose bitcoin no matter what.

++++++
+++++++   ++++++
+++++++  +++++++
++++++   +++++++
+++++  +++++++++
      ++++++++++     
+++++++  +++++++
+++++++   ++++++
++++++++  ++++++
++++++++   +++++
++++++++   +++++
+++++++

XRPNow
Ripple Price & News
XRP Price / Ripple News /
XRP Price Prediction

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

COINDOO
Latest Blockchain and Cryptocurrency News   
Bitcoin News Today

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

THECCPRESS
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Tabloid
Blockchain News Today
soham

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 07:57:00 PM

If we consider Paypal evil (I do), should we consider Bitcoin less evil?

Paypal allows chargeback fraud and is a feast for scammers
Then again
Bitcoin doesnt allow chargebacks and is a feast for scammers because of that

I think Bitcoin, however, cant be regarded as evil cuz its decentralized or semi-decentralized(china)

what do u think fellow people of Bitcointalk?

~CfA~

Frankly speaking, bitcoin can't be compared with paypal in any way due to the structural and operational difference. Bitcoin is a currency where paypal is not a currency, it is more of a payment processor. Bitcoin is decentralized and no one actually control it, where paypal is not decentralized and administered by a company. Paypal also regards various country laws but bitcoin has created a parallel economy without any government control.

So bitcoin and paypal can't be compared to its core. However, both facilitates payment from one person to another person. But bitcoin is something different than paypal. So really can't tell who is more evil. I consider bitcoin as a blessing.

▄████▄       
██████       
▀████▀       
▀██████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
▄▄█████  ▄██████████████████▄
▄██████▀██  ████████████████████
▄█████▀    ▀  ████████████████████
▄█████▀         ███ ████████████ ███
██████▀          ███ ████████████ ███
███████           ███ ████████████ ███

▄████▄                  ███████   
██████                 ▄██████     
▀████▀                ▄█████▀     
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄    ▄█████▀       
▄██████████████████▄  ██▄ █████▀         
████████████████████  ██████▀▀           
████████████████████  ██████▄             
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                       
  [    |    ████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███            ▀████████
███  ███████  ▄  ▀██████
███           ██▄  ▀████
███  ███████  ████▄  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
  ] 
FACEBOOK  )   (  TWITTER  )
  SUBSCRIBE NOW!!! 
INSTAGRAM  )  (  LINKEDIN  )
balakang00

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

Platform for Investing in Cryptocurrency and ICOs

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:46:49 PM

Bitcoin is definitely less evil than paypal. Bitcoin is an invisible product that is less likely to be hacked or broken while paypal is not. Bitcoin transaction is also irreversible.

heitorlinks

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 03:05:28 PM

Then again

I think Bitcoin, however, cant be regarded as evil cuz its decentralized or semi-decentralized(china)

~CfA~

Money is evil. No matter the means of exchange, there will always be criminals or coup people.
globe-biz

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 06:56:06 PM

I know someone that had there paypal account with over 5000 dollars froze for 6 months because paypal said they were suspicious.They just locked the money so they could make interest for 6 months
mkjtraders

Activity: 41

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 12:53:24 AM

PayPal is more evil than BTC as every now and then it freezes your funds and asks for verifications and also it is not supported in many countries.
katrimans

Activity: 882

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 12:13:22 PM

I really dont think any of these are evil because they are all meant to be there and be used in descretion of people. And if you have an account already, your job is to be careful on your transactions to avoid the scammers. There is no need to blame anyone as the only one resonsible to these transactions are the users themselves. Just like in a regular transaction in a store or something and we should who we buy to to also avois scams. It just so happens that in bitcoin and in paypal, transactions are through digital and throug online accounts.
Yes,  they’re  all good. But when it comes to being evil, they’re all at the same level evil. Even gold, silver and diamond are all evil, because in the past, they were all used to pay assassins, serial killers and the rest of them. They were to do lots of evil, including doing good things also. So bitcoin and PayPal are the same.
leonair

Activity: 1274
Merit: 390

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:55:00 PM

All things in this world has it advantages and disadvantages its just happen that many people that is not knowledgeable about Bitcoin look at it as more evil than PayPal because you transact anonymously yet PayPal are reversible that is being abuse by some scammers unlike to Bitcoin that is irreversible. It is just the matter who uses this thing and how they will secure their moneys.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
iluvpie60

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:00:48 PM

Then again

~CfA~

That is an interesting way of looking at it. I would say then exchanges are ripe for fraud in our bitcoin and altcoin ecosystem.

They are always getting "hacked" and coins are "stolen". I think they mainly steal from themselves.
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:32:29 PM

the world always chooses stuff which is the lowest evil till now, but Bitcoin is something else. it removed that conquering or having all the money stuff from the network now everyone has full control over their money(if you have chosen good wallet).bitcoin is life good but has some problems so it will be less good but not evil from my point of view. and I am sure we can see a lot of bigger sticks very soon in the Bitcoin network.
Warry

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:49:59 PM

I really dont think any of these are evil because they are all meant to be there and be used in descretion of people. And if you have an account already, your job is to be careful on your transactions to avoid the scammers. There is no need to blame anyone as the only one resonsible to these transactions are the users themselves. Just like in a regular transaction in a store or something and we should who we buy to to also avois scams. It just so happens that in bitcoin and in paypal, transactions are through digital and throug online accounts.
Yes,  they’re  all good. But when it comes to being evil, they’re all at the same level evil. Even gold, silver and diamond are all evil, because in the past, they were all used to pay assassins, serial killers and the rest of them. They were to do lots of evil, including doing good things also. So bitcoin and PayPal are the same.
Bitcoin, Paypal or other asset not evil, depends the way of user, them will make you will be good or bad. Anywhere always have criminals and Bitcoin, Paypal also cannot avoid this rules.
JustMissed

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:19:38 PM

Paypal in my opinion is EVIL, I used to sell stuff on ebay and in conjunction with paypal the scam charge backs made me quit ebay and paypal back in 2011. and I would never use paypal again even if they payed me!
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 01:52:35 PM

Bitcoin has its own values and the PayPal has its own. Both are very useful. I also do not think any bad things in these two. Bitcoin is evil nor is PayPal. We must look the difference between bitcoin and PayPal. Both are working so good and helping people. Bitcoin is the currency of the new era. One thing is that while transacting your money may be steel and you cannot recover it in bitcoin while in PayPal you can still recover your money.
swscowods

Activity: 419

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 04:56:22 AM

Then again

~CfA~

Money is evil. No matter the means of exchange, there will always be criminals or coup people.

Definitely I agree with you, as long as there is money there is always crime or evil because of much temptation and greediness of human. Scammers comes along with it and getting more. It is hard to discipline people nowadays especially in terms of money.
whitemacna

Activity: 123

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:59:00 AM

Is Bitcoin less evil than PayPal

i think maybe because there's a lot of scam ...
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 06:50:01 PM

Then again

~CfA~

I am not sure i would consider paypal " evil " just because some people decide to use it at times for bad things. People would be saying the same for bitcoin if that was the case. They would never things like silkroad out of their minds. Now paypal does have some bad fees but here recently bitcoin fees have been bad. So who is the evil of them both?

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
damrianto

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 02:45:18 PM

there is nothing to be seen from bitcoin crime, therefore pure bitcoin from all failures, losses, frauds is very beneficial for investers who invest in bitcoins because this is the way to earn money without getting started with a deposit.
  that bitcoin is very much different from pay pal that always take advantage of the investment for scammers. ...
Bruno77

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:22:14 AM

Paypal slow respone from their support and bitcoin is slow confirmation from the miners but my opinion more comfort use bitcoin than paypal because bitcoin is not needs verification is like paypal who waste my time.
mintonsob

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 11:30:15 AM

There are many advantages of bitcoin that will place it over paypal. First, the transactions with bitcoins are instantly done. It is less complicated and scammers can be dodged. Just watch where you are buying from.
konfuci

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 11:36:39 AM

Bitcoin and PayPal are service providers who try to make customers more than getting negative testimonials. Scammers just use the loop hole to use it for fraudulent activities. PayPal's charge back feature has helped lots to get their money back, at the same there are people who got scammed by the same feature. So it's not to describe these services an evil.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: