Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:33:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin less evil than PayPal?  (Read 5276 times)
jhayryl

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:58:07 PM

if you know all the paypal is bad why you still use it bitcoin is not bad because it's even helpful especially when we invest in it when it increases our money so it's not true that the bitcoin is just saying They are for it to be discredited.
Indai24

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 02:54:01 AM

PayPal has its's advantages and disadvantages so do BItcoin.  But from my point of view PayPal is just an ewallet while BItcoin is an ewallet and digital currency. So I see no reason why bitcoin would be less evil than PayPal

For me its actually the people who take advantage of it are the ones responsible of everything, I wouldn't say that bitcoin is less evil than paypal because it is not them eventually it is how people use it.
nicosey

Activity: 347
Merit: 109

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 03:08:15 AM

Yes, PayPal is an entity so by its definition is capable of evil.
Bitcoin does not have a head to chop off.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 04:21:37 PM

Yes, definitely. I was using PayPal for sending invoices to my overseas clients and the whole cost of the transaction was very high. As PayPal has serious restrictions in my country, we can not hold even a penny in our PayPal account, and received funds are automatically withdrawn in our bank account and charges/Forex rate and time for the whole process was not acceptable but still, I was using it since there was no alternative option. However, when I asked my clients to pay in Bitcoin, I realized that I was not only saving the money but also I was saving the cost and in fact, I was earning 10% more amount as there is high demand in my country for Bitcoin. I was happy to transfer this benefit to my clients and it was a win-win situation for everyone.
richan

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 04:28:52 PM

Based on your analogies then Bitcoin is more evil. Because Bitcoins transactions is irreversible and your fund is gone forever even if Bitcoin team( If any) investigate and finds out the truth about your situation. But Paypal team if investigate a case and you are right can be refunded.
jame kotler

Activity: 121

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:40:41 AM

I think bitcoin is no evil like paypal and how paypal transactions is processed and done.Yes in paypal you can refund an transaction and make charge backs depending on what is your account state
longwintershere

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

“Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data”

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:54:55 AM

If we consider Paypal evil (I do), should we consider Bitcoin less evil?

Paypal allows chargeback fraud and is a feast for scammers
Then again
Bitcoin doesnt allow chargebacks and is a feast for scammers because of that

I think Bitcoin, however, cant be regarded as evil cuz its decentralized or semi-decentralized(china)

what do u think fellow people of Bitcointalk?

~CfA~

bitcoin is much more decentralized comparing to paypal, which is absolutely centralized service, it can't get more controlled than it already is. SO yes, Bitcoin is much better to reply your question.

TRADE YOUR DATA   ●    PDATA TOKEN    ●   ─── OPIRIA.IO ───
██████████       [   PRE-SALE     April 10th ]       ██████████
cashberycoin.com

Activity: 80

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:55:33 AM

I definitely believe that Bitcoin is less evil than PayPal.

It is two another services, what you mean, when wrote it?
Hairpin

Activity: 28
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:05:23 AM

If you own a business, Bitcoin is more practical because there are no chargebacks. Chargebacks can be a problem when unscrupulous shoppers take advantage of the policy to get products or money back. Bitcoin transactions are final.
MudahDanHemat

Activity: 231

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:15:58 AM

I think paypal is more evil than bitcoin. but how now paypal is approaching bitcoin (?). Because paypal can be controlled while bitcoin no one can control it, so I think the user has full rights to bitcoin account owned
Heartbreakeren

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:33:18 AM

I've had many problems with PayPal in the past. Bitcoin is already proving to be more of an efficient payment system. Cheaper and faster too!
Currencyguide

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 02:41:50 AM

Every people have a unique character as such this online payment systems or cryptocurrencies have some distinctive features. Bitcoin is not the first attempt at an all-digital, cryptographically based currency.Bitcoin has been a notorious outlier, this is its chance to redefine itself as a mainstream contender. So bitcoin is the main competitor of paypal.
Krispin47

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:42:30 AM

If we consider Paypal evil (I do), should we consider Bitcoin less evil?

Paypal allows chargeback fraud and is a feast for scammers
Then again
Bitcoin doesnt allow chargebacks and is a feast for scammers because of that

I think Bitcoin, however, cant be regarded as evil cuz its decentralized or semi-decentralized(china)

what do u think fellow people of Bitcointalk?

~CfA~
paypal but we could do with an escrow for bitcoin that doesnt involve a third party although im not sure how that would work. Paypal charges way too much in my opinion as well. they could easily drop the fee lower and still be making a massive profit. Bitcoin on the other hand costs next to nothing but no one really likes using
@S10

Activity: 68

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:06:08 AM

yes there is no evil with Bitcoin especially if you understand how it works, sure there are people who will try and steal your money but that isn't Bitcoins fault that is the greedy nature of humans. Bitcoin has a very well known set of rules on how it works and if you agree with those rules and use it there is not much you could have go wrong with it.  Id be interested to know what kind of revenue passes through open bazaar to give us an idea of how many people are actually using bitcoin to buy goods.
Uncertaintea

Activity: 91

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:26:34 AM

There is Really no evil in Bitcoin as long as you understand how it works and put it into proper use, Avoid making illigal transaction using BTC and you will be just fine, The evil in it only comes when illigal transactions are made. Everything has its advantages and disadvantages How you put it in use is what matters most
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 05:19:54 AM

PayPal has its's advantages and disadvantages so do BItcoin.  But from my point of view PayPal is just an ewallet while BItcoin is an ewallet and digital currency. So I see no reason why bitcoin would be less evil than PayPal

For me its actually the people who take advantage of it are the ones responsible of everything, I wouldn't say that bitcoin is less evil than paypal because it is not them eventually it is how people use it.
Yeah i think both have advantages and disadvantages. I don't know the intention of less evil? yeah I think paypal is just an online wallet while bitcoin is more than that. bitcoin can be said much more complex than on paypal. I will not mention paypal evil because I also use paypal to shop online. and I also use bitcoins for investments and individual transactions
RoftheN

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 06:22:34 AM

Yes. Scamming with paypal is very easy since you can always claim some bogus reason and paypal will almost always side with the buyer. They could just add a simple 2 factor to grant their customer a Buyer Protection, instead they put all blame on merchant.
wumBowo

Activity: 770
Merit: 298

tozex.io

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 03:52:55 PM

Yes. Scamming with paypal is very easy since you can always claim some bogus reason and paypal will almost always side with the buyer. They could just add a simple 2 factor to grant their customer a Buyer Protection, instead they put all blame on merchant.

is it actually easy just like you said? i mean yeah there's a chance for abusing a buyer-protection feature on paypal.
But having a succesfull for that, might be a hard way because sure there will be a conversation between you and your seller and of course CS from paypal to declare who will win the dispute

Tozex