Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:46:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin less evil than PayPal?  (Read 5273 times)
znakistu

Activity: 263
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 08:19:08 AM

bitcoin is undoubtedly better than PayPal, which, with the advent of the digital currency, has become somewhat outdated. there are many factors supporting the unconditional leadership of bitcoin in front of the PayPal system. for example, low commissions, availability of bitcoins and unlimited transactions for transfers, decentralization and universality.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  May 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crocus

Activity: 158
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 08:29:06 AM

Certainly it is better than PayPal because there is no risk of account getting suspended. PayPal suspends or closes accounts frequently without any valid reasons.

Yes I agree with you Bitcoin is much secured than paypal and Bitcoin is anonymous in terms of transaction payments, sadly bitcoin can use in money laundering online but for me its better bitcoin than paypal.
Lemayilleur
Copper Member

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 08:37:20 AM

former CEO of the PayPal payment system Bill Harris considers bitcoin the biggest fraud, its participants are "misinformed buyers." Nevertheless, bitcoin has better competitive properties than the payment system. for example, this is a large number of services and stores that host bitcoins, lower commissions and faster transactions. the following property - in the "gold standard" bitcoin in the form of electricity used for its extraction.
Alns

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 12:01:30 PM

There is no evil with Bitcoin especially if you understand how it works, sure there are people who will try to steal your money. But that isn't Bitcoins fault that it is the greedy nature of humans.
knggtrrz

Activity: 118
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 12:09:34 PM

There is no evil with Bitcoin especially if you understand how it works, sure there are people who will try to steal your money. But that isn't Bitcoins fault that it is the greedy nature of humans.

You are right, for me bitcoin is the best compared to paypal with fiat currencies. Bitcoin don't have a very strict policies and will not limit our account and really don't need to verify our accounts.
LemonF3

Activity: 176
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 12:32:44 PM

No PayPal neither Bitcoin is evil. Just some people are. They use opportunity to steal some money or bitcoins.
This will be the same in the future when some new instruments for payment will be here.
I agree with you fellow. Yes, paypal, bitcoin or any other are just instruments for our desires. How do the people use them and their purpose of using them that matters.
Alns

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:35:58 AM

bitcoin is not at all evil. it doesn't have any brain and so i could say that bitcoin is not a eveil not a good one but its the way how we use the currency. if we use bitcoin for good cause then its fine otherwise if we use bitcoin for bad then that's our problem not bitcoin's.

I agree with you in all. I sing that in the future much more people will be using cryptocurrency, so working with it today brings you good benefit in the future.
Pan Troglodytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 39

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:56:48 AM

If we consider Paypal evil (I do), should we consider Bitcoin less evil?

Paypal allows chargeback fraud and is a feast for scammers
Then again
Bitcoin doesnt allow chargebacks and is a feast for scammers because of that

I think Bitcoin, however, cant be regarded as evil cuz its decentralized or semi-decentralized(china)

what do u think fellow people of Bitcointalk?

~CfA~
I don't think it is meaningful to discuss PayPal or Bitcoin in terms of good or evil. They are just tools. A tool is neither good or evil in itself. It can be only used to the good or evil purpose but this distinction lies in the hands of a user.

It all reminds me discussing guns or knives as evil tools. Again: it is a person who shoots somebody evil, not a gun. A gun can be used to protect you and your family, too, and this is a good purpose.
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:05:24 AM

I’m a long time Paypal user until now. I am still using Paypal in receiving payments from various freelance work. However, I don’t like the fact that Paypal is centralized and could freeze your account without warning. Bitcoin is something I should prefer because its decentralized and no government or bank can control it. However, both of them are just tools. Just sayin’.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
Aleksandr_ov

Activity: 252
Merit: 44

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:15:01 AM

I think that bitcoin is not bad and it's not good to look from the point of view of philosophy, it's not evil, People do it the way it is,
pat4cryptoreal

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:53:54 AM

I can not say PayPal is purely evil. Before anyone start any financial transactions with any online platforms make sure you go through the terms and conditions of the platform. It when we go against the terms and conditions of the platform and we are blocked. That's when we see the platform as evil. Bitcoin do not have any atom of evil.
ThomasLassetter

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:59:08 AM

I agree with you there.
insculpt

Activity: 133
Merit: 12

Loonie Network - For Bounty hunters & Freelancers

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 12:27:01 PM

Then again

I think Bitcoin, however, cant be regarded as evil cuz its decentralized or semi-decentralized(china)

~CfA~
I don't know what exactly you mean by "evil", however, I think bitcoin is better in many ways than Paypal. It would be even much better if it becomes more practical to use.

Leo Barnes

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 01:12:44 PM

Then again

~CfA~
Why you said that bitcoin is evil? A feast for scammers? will it is the scammers are evil, not the bitcoin or the cryptocurrency
phamhoa5874613@gmail.com

Activity: 18

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 01:14:44 PM

Paypal is a currency. Its value is little changed and bitcoin is extremely volatile. I do not see the evil point of 2 coin this
ordeath

Activity: 228
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 03:56:43 PM

As far as I know PayPal is a neutral payment system that you can use for international payments on the Amazon on the AliExpress and all the different sides along, I don't know why it is evil at your opinion.
saruxanyan

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 04:00:59 PM

now they have a very serious war! very large amounts of money pass both there and there! Of course, bitcoin has great advantages! But while bitcoin is not legalized all over the world, people do not want to invest in it and conduct their transactions through it!
Prince Malik

Activity: 924
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 04:04:00 PM

Paypal and bitcoin are just a banking system the evil is in the people whos use those things...maybe you want to say that people can do bad things with paypal more than bitcoin but they still just 2 banking system

██                      ►          ⦁               1xBit.com     │     S p o r t s b o o k   &   C a s i n o               ⦁          ◀                      ██
                  WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!                  ♣
██  ██████████████          ■                   30+ ALTCOINS AVAILABLE                   ■          ██████████████  ██
juljon18

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:34:03 PM

Paypal is the worst scum on the earth and one of the main reasons I got involved with Bitcoin.  I would say Bitcoin is less evil by a long way until our names are attached to our addresses.  Then Bitcoin is a Banker and governments widest dream come true. 
deloreswest

Activity: 350

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 03:29:09 AM

now they have a very serious war! very large amounts of money pass both there and there! Of course, bitcoin has great advantages! But while bitcoin is not legalized all over the world, people do not want to invest in it and conduct their transactions through it!
yes paypal are legal and bitcoin are not, so  it makes different in number of user. There a new kind of payment like a paypal in my country and i think its big scam and for money fund purpose, i do think it boost consumtion but not really good cause they seems manipulate and makes us cant stop to buy and keep using our money, i do think its sounds good but i dont see any of usefullness for financial. I do think bitcoin is better and trustable cause no one cant control it except the market but bitcoin also has their own problem cause bitcoin is hard to be store of value cause the value is so volatile.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: