Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:02:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 3.5m+ GB resident demand for second EU referendum.  (Read 1994 times)
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 2462

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2016, 05:03:33 PM

I think the whole referendum was a sham. I gather 7% of UKIP members were reported as voting for remain. If Cameron can't even win a manipulated referendum, do we really want him negotiating anything on our behalf. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 05:06:27 PM

cameron's going. his quote was 'why should i do all the hard shit?' and who can blame him? time to relax and reflect on the monumental fuckup he's created. for their sake i hope they get a competent team in there.
Jet Cash
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2016, 05:11:07 PM

I'm concerned that he will allow another spate of QE to push up house prices, and he will try to prop up the pound.

Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 06:50:37 PM

Oh that is just utter shit, they're pissed off leave got a majority and now they're trying to change the rules to suit them and then when that happens and if the same result comes there will be another referendum, I would have no problem with Scotland voting to leave the UK but this is just fucking ridiculous.

This guys, this is why I hate the UK, because if the results had been different all of these people signing the petition would have told the leave side to fuck off and we're not doing it again, what a bunch of Autocracy supporting little monsters, the referendum had a turnout higher than the general election so to try and switch the rules up to 75% is just ridiculous and apparently on the BBC they were saying something like there were people who were voting that hadn't voted since the 90's or some such.

And so? It's rather common to see the loosing side trying to do anything it can to be a winner, what's so shocking about it? --'

I know, I suppose I shouldn't be shocked that some of them are trying to do this, I just think it's pretty disgraceful given how high the turnout is because they're basically ignoring 17 million people who do want to leave vs their number and considering voting for remain is essentially a vote for an organisation like the EU that really ticks me off they're trying to drag us down with the EU which is inevitably going to collapse anyway.

Hopefully now we've got rid of the remain establishment constantly breathing down everyone's necks and calling them racist these people will largely be ignored, you'll notice that it's a tiny percent of remain voters who have clearly signed this position in comparison to all the others, I know over a million is a lot, but compared to everyone who voted and accepted the decision it is thankfully tiny.

They might have had a point if the turnout was ridiculously small, but the fact is there were massive amounts of people voting this time round.

They do have a point considering that the people under 30 all want to remain while the people over 60 all want to leave. Shouldn't this have some weigth in the voting machine? That the people who took the decision are going to die before even having to assume it...

So am I correcting in assuming your suggesting that a say a vote from a 20 year old person should worth more than a vote from 50 years old person, because the 50 year old has higher chance of dying sooner?

If so, what would happen if a 15 stone overweight walking heart attack timebomb 20 year old voted??? Should their vote be then worth less than a healthy 50 year old?

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2016, 07:51:21 PM

They do have a point considering that the people under 30 all want to remain while the people over 60 all want to leave. Shouldn't this have some weigth in the voting machine? That the people who took the decision are going to die before even having to assume it...

Considering these people are actively trying to remove Britain's sovereignty while the rest of us are trying to maintain it I actually don't, now I have my sympathies with Scotland if they want to go their own way for example, but not if they intend to drag me along with them into the EU, I would never willingly live in such an undemocratic society. Besides, I think even if they get a second referendum going, the shock of it all will be so big there won't be an EU to join anyway and it does show you how fragile and weak the EU is to begin with, they won't be getting their way for much longer I don't think and the credibility of their leaders to begin with has been severely damaged.
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 09:05:47 PM

Oh that is just utter shit, they're pissed off leave got a majority and now they're trying to change the rules to suit them and then when that happens and if the same result comes there will be another referendum, I would have no problem with Scotland voting to leave the UK but this is just fucking ridiculous.

This guys, this is why I hate the UK, because if the results had been different all of these people signing the petition would have told the leave side to fuck off and we're not doing it again, what a bunch of Autocracy supporting little monsters, the referendum had a turnout higher than the general election so to try and switch the rules up to 75% is just ridiculous and apparently on the BBC they were saying something like there were people who were voting that hadn't voted since the 90's or some such.

And so? It's rather common to see the loosing side trying to do anything it can to be a winner, what's so shocking about it? --'

I know, I suppose I shouldn't be shocked that some of them are trying to do this, I just think it's pretty disgraceful given how high the turnout is because they're basically ignoring 17 million people who do want to leave vs their number and considering voting for remain is essentially a vote for an organisation like the EU that really ticks me off they're trying to drag us down with the EU which is inevitably going to collapse anyway.

Hopefully now we've got rid of the remain establishment constantly breathing down everyone's necks and calling them racist these people will largely be ignored, you'll notice that it's a tiny percent of remain voters who have clearly signed this position in comparison to all the others, I know over a million is a lot, but compared to everyone who voted and accepted the decision it is thankfully tiny.

They might have had a point if the turnout was ridiculously small, but the fact is there were massive amounts of people voting this time round.

So am I correcting in assuming your suggesting that a say a vote from a 20 year old person should worth more than a vote from 50 years old person, because the 50 year old has higher chance of dying sooner?

If so, what would happen if a 15 stone overweight walking heart attack timebomb 20 year old voted??? Should their vote be then worth less than a healthy 50 year old?

A first step would be to take into account the fact that statistically a 20 years old will live 60 years and a 70 years old only 10 years. So it seems fair enough to give more weight to the first one.

But yes indeed we could go one step further and give each vote a weigth considering the estimated time they still get to live. But that would be incredibly complicated on a very pragmatic point of view xD

Jet Cash
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2016, 09:09:50 PM

and a baby will live even longer. So lets teach all babies to write an "X", and give them the vote.

coinzat

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Young but I'm not that bold

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 09:14:50 PM

the situation is very messy. the UK is torn a part and it seems that these results are just the beginning of more problems. I wonder how the brexit supporters feel now ? does UK became great again?
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 09:18:54 PM

The leave guys are already backtracking about most of the stuff they shouted about. the ones who voted most fervently for it are also the ones who're gonna get raped by it. they wanted to lash out. they're gonna get lashed themselves.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/06/25/why-people-who-really-wanted-brexit-will-regret-it-most/
Jet Cash
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2016, 09:25:19 PM

There is no sign of any tearing apart that I have seen. But I'm not in Westminster.

Will Britain become great again? Well the structure of society has changed, so it will never rebuild past glories. It is quite a complex society, and many people don't really understand it. There is a lot of history as well. For example, our top schools are called "public schools" in other countries those are the lowest schools. However it is quite capable of adapting to the modern world and become prosperous again. We just need to get rid of the banking leeches now that we have dumped the EU.

mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 10:03:51 PM

and a baby will live even longer. So lets teach all babies to write an "X", and give them the vote.

AhAhAH. So funny.
Age of vote is determined by the law. The age is not coming from nowhere. You've got the right to vote once you've got all the duties associated. If a baby could fulfill those duties of course it should vote, but that's not the case.

dste123

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 10:47:03 PM

I wonder how the results would turn out if there was a 2nd referendum...seems like some people may switch over to remain...
M28MmickT

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

BTG CEO

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 11:21:01 PM

Second referendum?? sounds like a phrase from a bad loser.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 04:07:14 AM

Lol... forget about the second referendum. It is never going to happen. There was all sort of scaremongering and below the belt tactics from the Bremain loonies for the first referendum, and yet they lost it by a 7% margin in England. Even if there is a second referendum, the results are going to be the same, although the margin can be slightly different (5% or 9% in favor of Brexit).
mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 09:55:58 AM

Lol... forget about the second referendum. It is never going to happen. There was all sort of scaremongering and below the belt tactics from the Bremain loonies for the first referendum, and yet they lost it by a 7% margin in England. Even if there is a second referendum, the results are going to be the same, although the margin can be slightly different (5% or 9% in favor of Brexit).

Where do you get your figures? 7% margin? 40% of youth voted for BRexit?

They won by a 3,8% margin. And seems I'm not the only one insulting here Roll Eyes

Jmild1

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 10:49:48 AM

what just happened? why a lot of people demand for second referendum, ie. regret of what they did wrongly. at least, if people who have had voted for withdrawal and then gone crying of going back the EU, let them be, it should be a good thing.

None of those who had voted for the Brexit are demanding a second referendum. It is the Bremain loonies (especially in London and Cardiff), who are demanding a second referendum. IMO, it is not going to change anything. Even if there is a second vote, the results will be the same (that is, unless Angela Merkel is kicked out of Germany).
Maybe there's a chance that the second referendum will make the people do a wise decision, we see now the voters who voted brexit totally regret what they did.
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/06/24/british_voters_regretting_their_decisions_a_roundup.html
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 12:53:31 PM

The worst part is that the leaders of the leave fraction have no idea what to do now.
They are now just playing for time while the rest of the EU wants them to get out... asap!

Time for a lot of popcorn.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 12:57:05 PM

Where do you get your figures? 7% margin? 40% of youth voted for BRexit?

They won by a 3,8% margin. And seems I'm not the only one insulting here Roll Eyes

7% margin in England, including the occupied territory of London.

3.8% margin all across the UK, including Scotland, Wales, and Ulster.

And as I have pointed out, 40% of the youth (aged between 18 and 30) voted in favor of Brexit, and they probably constitute a majority of the native non-immigrant youth population in England.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 12:59:38 PM

It's not 40% you know, 72% of youngs voted remain.

So for you, "young" means just those in the 18-24 age group? For me, it also includes those in the 25-30 age group. And the latter voted in favor of Brexit by a 4% margin (probably close to 10% in reality, as the exit polls undercounted the LEAVE vote by 4 to 6 points). A majority of those aged between 25 and 30 voted in favor of Brexit.

Lier.

If only people aged to 64 could have vote, remain would have won by a really big margin: 10-15%

https://mobile.twitter.com/POLITICOEurope/status/746255941331488768

But well, what would expect from someone who cant even read a yes/no poll correctly Roll Eyes

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
catch.me.if.you.can

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 01:03:16 PM

All these people, if you turn them upside down, the half GDP of EU will pop up from their pockets.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: