Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:17:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why it is better to buy things with Bitcoins rather than another currency?  (Read 2553 times)
Woshib (OP)

Activity: 938
Merit: 576

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 04:09:49 PM

I do not see what differentiates other currencies with Bitcoin me, even that one can lose money due to price changes.
Since most businesses that accept Bitcoin give a higher price, saying that most people do not see the exchange rate before buying.
I know that the advantage of Bitcoin is that everyone can use it, it has quite fast transactions, and often very low cost.
So, I want to know why Bitcoin is better than other currencies?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PeRo

Activity: 1040
Merit: 538

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 04:17:13 PM

Like you have said, it's much faster, cheaper and available for everyone(not for some countries). I also like it because if you are i a poor country you can use Bitcoin instead of PayPal and similar stuff. And it is easy to earn, you can earn money just here, in this forum.
Probably the only downside is that not much shops accept Bitcoin. But that will maybe change in the future.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
Woshib (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 04:23:37 PM

Like you have said, it's much faster, cheaper and available for everyone(not for some countries). I also like it because if you are i a poor country you can use Bitcoin instead of PayPal and similar stuff. And it is easy to earn, you can earn money just here, in this forum.
Probably the only downside is that not much shops accept Bitcoin. But that will maybe change in the future.
Bitcoin is available in all coutries right? even if the government blocks Bitcoin, VPN and it's done.
Yes, and paypal accounts can be blocked, and require a credit card to verify them.
There are not many shops that accept Bitcoin, but there are still websites.
PeRo

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 04:34:35 PM

Bitcoin is available in all coutries right? even if the government blocks Bitcoin, VPN and it's done.
Yes, and paypal accounts can be blocked, and require a credit card to verify them.
I think Russia doesn't approve Bitcoin as a legal currency. South Korea doesn't approve internet at all so there are 2 countries (maybe more that I don't know of). And I don't think that VPN is going to cut it.
Yes, but there are more internet shops that accept PayPal and other.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
███
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

...#EndTheFUD...
Woshib (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 04:38:40 PM

I think Russia doesn't approve Bitcoin as a legal currency. South Korea doesn't approve internet at all so there are 2 countries (maybe more that I don't know of).
It is not south korea that blocks internet, it is north korea, and they also block the television channels of other countries in their territory apparently, they only allow those of the government.
Yes, nowadays almost all online stores accept PayPal as payment method.
Sniper44

Activity: 714
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 04:39:37 PM

there are many reasons to use bitcoin and some of them are important to me:
1) it is easy to use
2) it has very low amount of fees
3) most important: i can do it myself, i don't have to open up an account with a payment processor like paypal and give them all my personal information.

to the moon with bitcoin...
PeRo

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 04:41:25 PM

I think Russia doesn't approve Bitcoin as a legal currency. South Korea doesn't approve internet at all so there are 2 countries (maybe more that I don't know of).
It is not south korea that blocks internet, it is north korea, and they also block the television channels of other countries in their territory apparently, they only allow those of the government.
Yes, nowadays almost all online stores accept PayPal as payment method.
I mixed up, sorry. That is kind of same to me, haha. That law is lame if you ask me though.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
███
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

...#EndTheFUD...
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 04:42:44 PM

I do not see what differentiates other currencies with Bitcoin me, even that one can lose money due to price changes.
Since most businesses that accept Bitcoin give a higher price, saying that most people do not see the exchange rate before buying.
I know that the advantage of Bitcoin is that everyone can use it, it has quite fast transactions, and often very low cost.

Not often but most of the time the transaction fees are low comparing with banks, unless you make a big mistake by putting lots of bitcoin in transaction fees as we have seen in the past, using bitcoin is better because it is easy to use and people who accept bitcoin not always accept also another currency.
Hide_ip112

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 04:43:44 PM

Bitcoin is the first digital currency which can be used to get the advantage of incredible, you know that the price increase and decrease of bitcoin are uncertain, and it is also a system that offered much better than other currency (low-cost, fast, transparent transactions, secure, etc.). So that's a difference that you can know
fkvidar

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 04:45:55 PM

I think there are many sites that offers good discount if you purchase with bitcoins which can benefit us and also save our money, its not possible with other currencies.
PeRo

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 04:48:26 PM

I think there are many sites that offers good discount if you purchase with bitcoins which can benefit us and also save our money, its not possible with other currencies.
Good point, too. I like that I can buy digital goods like Steam games on discount with Bitcoin.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
███
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

...#EndTheFUD...
Cryptonitex

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 04:50:22 PM

It's not really the best, it's just the gold standard in Crypto Currency so everybody uses it.
BitCoin is slow (Compared to those currencies with like 10 second blocks).

But because everybody develops for it, and it's the most widely used, it's so far the best.
Cuidler

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 04:54:00 PM

Bitcoin is better because anybody can  start accepting Bitcoin from anybody around the world, no regulations needed. No other currency allows this, if you want accept dollars you need eigher paypal or dollar bank account, and in many places around the globe your out of your luck.

About price volitality - you see one if you doing currency exchanges, be it EUR to USD or USD to Bitcoin. Because most merchants convert Bitcoin to USD immediatelly, you really see huge price volitality. But the point is just use one currency worldwide to dont have such conversion rates, and Bitcoin is the most likely candinate for future, especially because it is not tied to one government which  EUR, USD and other currencies are - thus EUR, USD or other currencies can hardly to be used worldwide in trustless manner by everybody.

.Liqui Exchange.Trade and earn 24% / year on BTC, LTC, ETH
....Brand NEW..........................................Payouts every 24h. Learn more at official thread
quentincole32

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 05:08:54 PM

as you mentionde above,fast transaction and secure transaction become a major benefit for using bitcoin than other currency,its will more appear if we use bitcoin as online payment,more fast and reliable,please dont mention about confirmation transaction,its different,and i think not yet resolved.

▃▃▌▌AMBROSUS▐▐▃▃▃ - TRUSTED QUALITY OF FOOD & MEDICINE
ICO date 13 September
hawkins

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 05:15:19 PM

because if you buy a bitcoin, it would be very easy to make a profit from it. even if you're just storing your bitcoin in a long time, you can sell when prices rise and benefit
co5hike

Activity: 798

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 05:16:08 PM

I still don't prefer to buy anything with bitcoin as I am saving my coins for the future and will spend when its worth is more, and at a moment credit card is the best to buy anything either online or offline.
Superbitzz

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 05:42:57 PM

my personal experience is that in present time bitcoin is the most stable currency than any othe crypto currency. its rate is high than any other currency and in present time most of the people are investing their investment here in bitcoin . so we can say that in present time it is better to buy things in bitcions rathertan any other currency. i think the second reason is that it is a universal currency mean that you can do trading easily in all over the world without changing your currency in a local currency.
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 05:48:47 PM

Bitcoin has lots of more advantage than being fast. It is decentralized so getting ban for holding huge amount of money is not a problem, as well as no charge backs problem, no any trace back from transactions, proper security and easy to use api with bitpay if you don't like price volatility.
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2016, 06:04:16 PM

Unfortunately ive given up on the whole bitcoin as a currency thing ever since this blocksize debate, i know we have segwith on the way or implemented in the next update but ive accepted that bitcoin isnt going to be a currency to buy things with. What it is good at is being a store of value much like gold but better. And as a store of value i would expect the price to rise with demand as a good investment. 

Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 06:05:52 PM

Pay with Bitcoin out of respect for yourself, who you trade with, and respect for everyone else. Why?

Central bank money is created from public debt. For every dollar in existence, there is a dollar of US national debt, which translates to the tax burden the public are expected to pay.

And when you add to that picture the fact that the Federal Reserve applies interest to the debt, and you have the biggest scam of all time. The money to pay the interest doesn't exist yet, and so the debt is unpayable and perpetual. Why do you think the debt instruments the Federal Reserve issues to create dollars are called "bonds"? lol. It's a smarter scam than monotheism, and that one worked for a few thousand years.

That's why you should use Bitcoin and refuse debt-money: debt-money dollars/euros etc issued by central bankers puts everyone everywhere on the hook for an unpayable conveyor belt of debt.

Stop it. Yes, you.

Vires in numeris
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: