Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:03:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO glory days are done  (Read 1622 times)
BitFomo (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 06:45:38 PM

Sasha and his waves project will end in scam.

Rise is clearly a scam.

People are only 'investing' in ICOs so they can dump on the first day and 'invest' in the next one. But now everyone is doing this, so there is no greater fool to purchase them.

The glory days are finished.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
patronis

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 06:46:55 PM

Sasha and his waves project will end in scam.

Rise is clearly a scam.

People are only 'investing' in ICOs so they can dump on the first day and 'invest' in the next one. But now everyone is doing this, so there is no greater fool to purchase them.

The glory days are finished.

Reminds me about how everyone said the same about Vitalik and then almost a year later...  Grin
SolomonRising

Activity: 170
Merit: 105

The Truth illuminates the eyes of the heart!

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 08:20:51 PM

That cow was milked by too many scammers.

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
Dajackal

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 08:22:31 PM

I'm investing in the LIR ico. The ico bandwagon is still rolling. And the shorter the ico the more profit in for the early investors because more people miss out.
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 08:55:35 PM

After I demontrate how to launch and raise funds without an ICO, then an ICO will probably be frowned upon:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1526067.0
BitFomo (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 08:56:25 PM

I'm investing in the LIR ico. The ico bandwagon is still rolling. And the shorter the ico the more profit in for the early investors because more people miss out.

No, but everyone knows the 'game' now. Only complete idiots would buy above the ico price these days.
TravelsAsia

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 09:35:24 PM

Rise is clearly a scam.

Keep crying wolf, scam this scam that. You are not doing us any good, you are softening the stance against proven scams.  I'm sure you have the best of intentions but you are enabling real scammers.
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 12:28:34 AM

Sadly, I doubt we have seen the end of ICOs. Scammers are lined up waiting to fleece the sheep of their hard earned money.

Wait till the "next big thing" arrives. People will throw their money at it like always.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
iamnotback

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 12:32:34 AM

Sadly, I doubt we have seen the end of ICOs. Scammers are lined up waiting to fleece the sheep of their hard earned money.

Wait till the "next big thing" arrives. People will throw their money at it like always.

They have an Achilles heel and I am about ready to put an end to this ICO nonsense (see my prior post upthread):

The bolded part in your response is exactly what ETH/DAO is. Not to say these maniacs can't push the price much higher in the future but the con will only last so long.

The way the insiders manipulate the market with these premined tokens is explained, and note the high leverage employed which means if they run out of tokens to margin with, it is like a house-of-cards and will implode to 0 in a heartbeat:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1524111.msg15340159#msg15340159

They siphon off BTC for as long as they can and high as they can pump it, then game over and they walk away with BTC and the fools walk away with empty bags.

Also some (including the Daoattacker) allege that the USGovt + MIT (university) are complicit in the ETH pump:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1413819.msg15343686#msg15343686
Redrose

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 09:32:20 AM

False. I invested in Waves, and still have my coins. I just know that someday it will be worth more. You're a typical jealous guy who doesn't have enough money to enter in this Roll Eyes...
freshman777

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2016, 09:39:59 AM

Nxt is leading again. Investing now in a 100% functional (not vaporware promises) 1.0 platform gets you a stake in the ARDOR future platform.

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
iamnotback

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 11:51:30 AM

False. I invested in Waves, and still have my coins. I just know that someday it will be worth more. You're a typical jealous guy who doesn't have enough money to enter in this Roll Eyes...

What was false  Huh

Who said you couldn't invest, risk, and hope to sell into the pump?

Who is jealous and why?
hornetsnest

Activity: 1451
Merit: 973

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 03:28:08 PM

Those who invested during fundraising period are now in negative equity so what is there to be jealous of exactly when anyone can go to bittrex and buy this junk below what you originally paid?

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2016, 04:25:16 PM

I figured something like this would happen Undecided But in truth, we're seeing "ICO exhaustion." The ICO pyramiders got burned in WAVES and learned a somber lesson about pyramiding.

Myself, it seems the only way I can play the game is by holding for the long-term. Shoulda done that with NEM....

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

BitFomo (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 04:37:12 PM

Jealous of your coins that you are bagholding for a loss?

I sold mine in the first minute for a 50% profit. You are the one who is in denial pal.
glerant

Activity: 565
Merit: 316

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 04:45:03 PM

Rise is clearly a scam.

Keep crying wolf, scam this scam that. You are not doing us any good, you are softening the stance against proven scams.  I'm sure you have the best of intentions but you are enabling real scammers.

Indeed - folk who bleat scam as an almost involuntary response to anything they are not invested in says a lot more about them than the things they target.  Cheesy
glerant

Activity: 565
Merit: 316

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 04:46:17 PM

I sold mine in the first minute for a 50% profit. You are the one who is in denial pal.

I expect you came on here after Eth launch and said the same thing.

In life there are winners and losers - you are one of life's losers, my friend.
iamnotback

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 05:17:45 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2016, 05:40:26 PM by iamnotback

Those who invested during fundraising period are now in negative equity so what is there to be jealous of exactly when anyone can go to bittrex and buy this junk below what you originally paid?

Someone implied that WAVES insiders could be making these posts to try to drive the price down on purpose:

The crypto ecosystem is potentially becoming a criminal enterprise. I am not making any accusations. Be aware of the following speculation.

Someone implied that WAVES insiders could be making these posts to try to drive the price down on purpose:

...They are also using 1K of ICO funds to buy back even more coins. Interesting how the market appears to be suppressed now...

The Nxt 2.0 Ardor appears to have been a similar scheme of insiders driving the price down on purpose to scoop up cheap tokens, then pump it up again as an obfuscation for ICO 2.0:

NXT 2.0 Ardor No ICO Speculation

Lol, so Jean Luc-the-dicktator fucks the Nxt ecosystem to drive the price way down, scoop all the coins, and now resell them and claim it is not an ICO.

Good obfuscation! The dumbells here are likely to be fooled by it.

If it quacks like a duck, if it waddles like a drunkard duck, ..., it might be a penguin. See it's all Spoetnik's fault. He hosed the original Nxt developers with his penigun.

I figured something like this would happen Undecided But in truth, we're seeing "ICO exhaustion." The ICO pyramiders got burned in WAVES and learned a somber lesson about pyramiding.

Myself, it seems the only way I can play the game is by holding for the long-term. Shoulda done that with NEM....

Even the DAO attacker thinks these ICO coins are manipulated pumps because buying demand is printed out-of-thin-air by the insiders employing margin trading with the ETH they probably deceptively obtained by buying the ICO from themselves. Review the following linked post for the details:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1518508.msg15371923#msg15371923

Because a margin traded pump could collapse to 0 in a heartbeat, the safest way to make great investments in altcoins are to invest in the ones that are seriously developed for real adoption and which are honestly distributed. Note however, that NEM hasn't not responded to my challenge asking them to prove their distribution was not a deception. Review the following linked post for the details:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1526067.msg15354727#msg15354727

Also if you care about the future of our world, you will stop investing in the criminal enterprise that is overtaking crypto with ICOs and the margin traded pumps it enables. Review the following linked post for the details:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1413819.msg15365546#msg15365546
cabron

Activity: 2814
Merit: 598

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2016, 05:37:13 PM

apparently this isn't something to argue. for if one of these token get to be on the market with high value. it wouldn't be scam anymore.

Dajackal

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 05:39:39 PM

No, but everyone knows the 'game' now. Only complete idiots would buy above the ico price these days.

That's why im saying to get in LIR at the sale where you pick your own price you want to pay.
No other ICO ever offered a sale like the LIR team is doing.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: