Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 04:32:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: cgminer 2.11.0 not accepting shares...  (Read 3763 times)
mokahless (OP)

Activity: 471
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 07:56:59 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2013, 05:16:39 AM by mokahless

I've recently started looking into litecoin mining. Setting it up on my 6770m was easy and it is hashing away at coinotron with notroll.in as backup. Worked fine so I set up my 6950 to do the same.
So cgminer was reporting 444KH/s. I go to sleep and wake up to maybe 10 shares 10 hours later. I check the output and see no "accepted" just a continuous list of

stratum requested new work from pool 0...
stratum requested new work from pool 0...
etc

No rejected, no accepted in my tests. The pool reports a hashrate of 3.5KH/s reflected in shares.
I've tried older cgminer versions between 2.6 and 2.9 and had the same issue or ran into separate, older issues.
I've tried two pools: coinotron and notrollin.

Anyone know what could be going on here?

Summary of information requested or mentioned later in the thread:
-running on windows 8, 64-bit
-6950 unlocked
-5770 running in same machine - same problem
-laptop running 6770m, windows 7 x64, same cgminer version. slightly older driver, still 12.x catalyst - works fine.
-desktop on 13.1 driver 9.14.10.0945

debianlinux

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 08:05:33 PM

just curious, you are building it with the enable-scrypt option, right?
mokahless (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 08:54:53 PM

Sorry, I failed to mention... (although I am surprised the default assumption is that I am downloading source in linux and building it myself)

I am running the 2.11.0 win32 build of cgminer under Windows 8. This exact build does not have these issues on my windows 7 laptop. The only difference would be perhaps AMD drivers that are a few months older (due to HP being a sack of crap at releasing drivers. If I wasn't using hacked drivers, I would be saying my laptop is using 1.5 year old drivers, instead of just a few months.)

I have a 5770 installed on the same machine as the 6950 (unlocked) that also has the same issue. I tested them separately with --device.

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4144
Merit: 1637

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2013, 10:26:34 PM

Driver version is critical. AMD regularly break things.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
mokahless (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 02:34:09 AM

Driver version is critical. AMD regularly break things.
updated

mokahless (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 03:20:52 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2013, 05:29:14 AM by mokahless

Managed to get the time to try out 2.11.2 and that seems to have solved my problems. I've had weird issues like this before with cgminer. Like one version I used to use supported stratum but it never worked so I updated to a slightly newer version and it did.

Anyway, it has only accepted 3 times so far and the pool is reporting 10Kh/s so I will run this overnight and report back but for now I am marking it as solved.

EDIT: nevermind. I just got lucky. Been running it some more and the output is mostly filled with "stratum from pool 0 detected new block"
I suppose this is a new message than what 2.11.0 was giving me but the results are the same, occasional accepted share but mostly nothing. My 6770m, on the other hand, is getting accepted messages every couple seconds. My next experiment will be to try a third pool, litecoinpool.org and see what results I get.

EDIT, EDIT: ok so litecoinpool.org seemed to work fine for the short time I tried it, although accepteds aren't appearing as often as my slower 6770m. The only difference appears to be that litecoinpool.org doesn't use stratum so I am therefore led to believe that I am simply being too impatient and that perhaps 2.11.2 did fix all my issues. I would like to ask for some feedback on this thought but I will also go ahead and do my overnight testing as I originally intended and re-label this thread as solved if all goes well.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: